After hours LL question~

krismom345

Mouseketeer
We will be attending Epcot after hours on our arrival day. Curious if am I still able to buy a lightning lane for the time between 7pm and the official start of the event? (We will not have used a park ticket on that day but will be checking into AOA)
Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
According to PlanDisney, it is possible.

The given answer pertains to TRON and Magic Kingdom, but essentially, the panelist says you have to be in Magic Kingdom to try for an Individual Lightning Lane.

But if there is valid regular theme park admission along with the resort reservation on your My Disney Experience account, I would assume you could buy the Lightning Lane beginning at 7:00 am on your arrival day.

Another DISer offered a first hand report of being able to buy an Individual Lightning Lane for After Hours.

According to PlanDisney, it is possible.

The given answer pertains to TRON and Magic Kingdom, but essentially, the panelist says you have to be in Magic Kingdom to try for an Individual Lightning Lane.

But if there is valid regular theme park admission along with the resort reservation on your My Disney Experience account, I would assume you could buy the Lightning Lane beginning at 7:00 am on your arrival day.

Another DISer offered a first hand report of being able to buy an Individual Lightning Lane for After Hours.

The report you linked is from 2023. It seems things have changed in recent months & you can no longer get ILL with just a DAH ticket.

The report you linked is from 2023. It seems things have changed in recent months & you can no longer get ILL with just a DAH ticket.
This is my understanding too. Things changed early in 2024 and we've had multiple reports of guests who only have an AH ticket not being able to purchase and ILL$.

We will be attending Epcot after hours on our arrival day. Curious if am I still able to buy a lightning lane for the time between 7pm and the official start of the event? (We will not have used a park ticket on that day but will be checking into AOA)
Thanks for any info!
Did you book a package? If so you will have valid tickets on your account for arrival day that should allow you to book ILL.

I think the point of cutting out ILL or G+ is that the standby line moves more swiftly. It would make sense that the AH events would want folks to stand in shorter lines, as advertised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter