[ADVISORY] Resort Monorail Beam Operating Hours Temporarily Adjusted Beginning 10/6

The Hub

Friend of Roy Disney
To accommodate construction work at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa we will temporarily adjust the operating schedule for the resort monorail beam. Beginning Oct. 6, monorail service on the resort monorail to Magic Kingdom Park will be temporarily suspended during non-peak times, between 11 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.

During this time, Guests may use watercraft and bus transportation to travel to their destinations. The Magic Kingdom express monorail beam and the Epcot beam will continue normal operation.

Weather permitting, we expect this work to be complete within the next two weeks.

In-room flyers will be distributed to Guests staying in the affected resorts:
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Reactive Guest FAQs
Q1. Why are you adjusting monorail operations?
We periodically make adjustments to our operations to accommodate for planned
maintenance and construction.
Q2. How will this impact monorail service?
Monorail service on the resort monorail to Magic Kingdom Park will be temporarily
suspended during non-peak times between 11 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The Magic Kingdom
express and Epcot beams will continue normal operation.
Q3. Will this impact monorail service for morning Extra Magic Hours offerings in
the parks?
No, our monorails will operate as normal each morning.
Q4. We booked our resort specifically along the monorail system – will this
change our ability to access this mode of transportation?
Monorail service on the resort monorail to Magic Kingdom Park will be temporarily
suspended during non-peak times, between 11 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
During this time, Guests may use watercraft and bus transportation to travel to their
destinations.
Q5. Why am I just learning about this now (as I booked my reservations a while
ago)?
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a temporary adjustment and is scheduled to
occur during non-peak times between 11 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Q6. Will you have adequate buses available when service on the resort beam to
Magic Kingdom Park is suspended?
Yes. The express monorail beam, watercraft (where applicable) and additional buses
will be available to transport Guests to their destinations.
Q7. Will this mean I will wait longer (for buses) when the Magic Kingdom Resort
monorails aren’t operating?
No. The express monorail beam, watercraft (where applicable) and additional buses will
be available to transport Guests to their destinations.Q8. How long will this adjustment last?
Weather permitting, we expect this work to be complete within two weeks.
Q9. Will this temporary adjustment affect express or Epcot monorail beam
operations?
The express and Epcot monorail beams will operate as normal. Guests will continue to
have access to these via the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). When the resort
beam to Magic Kingdom Park is not operational, watercraft (where applicable) and
additional buses will be available to transport Guests from TTC to their destinations.

This sounds like a huge inconvenience :( hoping that they have it all completed by the time we arrive on 10/31. If not at least we can walk to MK from our hotel.

Meh. We always take the resort monorail instead of the express so we can get more time in the AC. Hopefully it doesn't take long.

I'm hoping that it only takes the projected 2 weeks! We use the monorail quite a bit to get to our resort, MK or EP dinner reservations, and we tend to reserve dinner for 5:30pm!

~Thanks for the update! Well, that's not too horrible, at least it's something. I was totally expecting them to take the monorail completely offline like they have in the past. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter