• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice: Rose & Crown/Illuminations PS

ken skellington

The Pumpkin King
We want to do Rose & Crown for dinner to view Illuminations. The only PS available for the day we wanted (my birthday!) was for 7:10 p.m. - do you think we will be able to stretch dinner out that long - until 9:00? We are assuming that we will not be seated right at 7:10. What do you think?

Hello........I think one time we were in the same situation....we were seated more around 7:30.....I'll never forget we had a waiter that looked like and talked like a young Sean Connery.....we had the best seat in the house... right down by the water.......we told him we were here for the Illuminations but we also going to have dinner I slipped him $25:00 and tipped him well after dinner......that was about 6-7 years ago......it was a great night.....we kinda stretched dinner out with drinks and appetizers etc.......my wife and I both smoked at the time and were amazed you could not smoke outside there......Sean said we could go about 6 feet to the right out a small gate to smoke if we wanted to........ but he said that would be kind of Irish!....my kids had a night to remember.......I hope he didn't think I was a cheapskate LOL!....Bob :cool1: P.S. Sean Kinda gave me a weird look when I told him we were here for Illuminations and I felt guilty for tying up his table ...hence the token $25.00.
2nd P.S.We will be there 2 weeks after you for our 14th year in a row (I don't know if that makes us nuts?)....sounds like you did your research....have fun!

Well, sadly, that is pretty much what guests do to get a decent Illuminations seat.

I am surprised R&C has not put a time limit to their evening patio dining seating.

Personally I would eat where and when I wanted and watch Illuminations wherever. There is good viewing all around, and you can plan better to not be downwind. ;)

You may luck out with R&C/Illuminations. You may not.

I had lunch at R & C outside earlier this month and was thinking how great it would be to sit there for Illuminations. I have a PS for May at 7:20 and hope to stretch it until Illuminations. If you don't leave the table, what can they do? I would double tip the waiter for tying up the table.

I would say that the staff at the R&C is very used to people coming in at about 7:30 and "locking down" their table. In fact, when we were there in December (had a 7:30 PS) our waitress immediately assumed that we would be staying until Illuminations and pointed out where we would be seeing things. She even spaced out our drinks, meals, and dessert to match the time frame. The "secret" that the patio is a great place for Illuminations is LONG dead, and that staff knows that everyone coming in after about 7:00 is there to stay. That being said, I think it is a great idea to "pump up" the tip for your extended stay.

I had a 7 pm seating one time and they told me when I checked in I could not keep the table until Illuminations. I was sad but OK with it. And then they gave us the WORST waiter ever LOL. We ordered salads and appitzers and drinks. Somehow that took two hours. I have no idea what he was doing, but we decided not to complain enjoyed a few beers and saw the show.

Now we were NOT planning to strech dinner this far so I felt absolutly no guilt. I did tip better then I normally would for the world's slowest service LOL!

I've dined here twice before and have enjoyed it. I try to make my PS for about 1 1/2 hours prior to Illuminations. I then check in early and request a patio table and make sure to tell them I don't mind waiting awhile to be seated at one. Both times I had a great table, great views and great service. I chose this place to book the Candlelight Processional dinner package at and hope to be able to snag a patio table then too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter