• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Advice on combining/managing Disney Gift Card balances for trip.

We have two $500 Disney giftcards, each registered at disneygiftcard.com. My wife and I will each carry one, plus have a zero balance card in the safe. If we lose one we can log in and transfer the balance to the empty card in the safe. This makes it safer than cash, but not as safe as credit cards.

Great idea about keeping an extra blank card. Never would have thought of that. Gonna put an extra one in my bag now.

What you can do as well, have a large balance (up to $1000, I believe) on a gift card and leave it either at home/in your room's safe. Use disneygiftcard.com to transfer a smaller balance ($100 or whatever you feel comfortable with for a day) for that day's spending money.

I ended up dividing up our spending money to $500 gift cards through the website. I like the idea of having a blank card and transferring a set amount of spending $ each day. That would make it easy to stick to a budget. Great ideas everyone!

I have ten $100 giftcards that I'd like to combine/consolidate into a $1000 giftcard. But how do I do that? Do I just take one of the $100 giftcards and register it on disneygiftcard.com and start adding the other 9 cards to that one? Will it allow me to do that even though it says it's a $100 giftcard on it (purchased from target)?

I have ten $100 giftcards that I'd like to combine/consolidate into a $1000 giftcard. But how do I do that? Do I just take one of the $100 giftcards and register it on disneygiftcard.com and start adding the other 9 cards to that one? Will it allow me to do that even though it says it's a $100 giftcard on it (purchased from target)?

You just make one your "primary" card and keep adding the other cards. Once they are zeroed out, you delete them. Just take a sharpie marker and mark them as you zero them out, and mark the primary card what that balance is (or put something to indicate it's the primary since likely you won't want everyone knowing your balance). Very easy to do.

You just make one your "primary" card and keep adding the other cards. Once they are zeroed out, you delete them. Just take a sharpie marker and mark them as you zero them out, and mark the primary card what that balance is (or put something to indicate it's the primary since likely you won't want everyone knowing your balance). Very easy to do.

Thank you so much!!

Sharpies are invaluable to the process....I mark mine as I input them,so I can keep track of how many I've put in,then I store the envelope somewhere safe....

Can I charge my Magic Band and then pay the balance upon resort checkout with a gift card?

Easiest way to do this is setup with a credit card in mde (add a credit card + pin). Every $x dollars disney will charge the card, you just need to pay off with your gift card before that happens. I believe it's every $1000 at values, $1500 at moderates and not sure if deluxe is higher. You'll also get charged overnight your last night for remaining so pay it off before you go to bed that night.

What you can do as well, have a large balance (up to $1000, I believe) on a gift card and leave it either at home/in your room's safe. Use disneygiftcard.com to transfer a smaller balance ($100 or whatever you feel comfortable with for a day) for that day's spending money.

Are you able to do this? I have been managing cards on disneygiftcard.com for awhile, and I only see an option to transfer a card's entire balance to another card. I would love to do this with incremental transfers but I don't see that as an option.
The text on the web site states: "For your convenience, you can transfer full card balances from one Disney Gift Card to another. You can transfer amounts up to $1,000, but don't forget that each card can only hold a maximum value of $1,000."

Last edited:
Has anyone ever put your gift cards on your Disney resort key card account when you check in? ... To be used when dining, shopping, etc? Is this possible?

Has anyone ever put your gift cards on your Disney resort key card account when you check in? ... To be used when dining, shopping, etc? Is this possible?

I know that you can do this. I, however, prefer to just charge to the room then take the gift card to guest services to pay the balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter