• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults only trip May '06

lisatx04

Mouseketeer
We were looking for a vacation spot to go to with friends of ours for May '06. We thought of many places to go but in the end, we suggested Disney and our beloved OKW. Can you believe our friends have never been there????

Anyway, I booked 2 studios for our first ever adults only trip to WDW!! DH and I are going in March with our kids and then in May, back again!! I am so excited!!!! I guess I have to plan the trip differently knowing there won't be any kids in our group but I don't care.

Now, any tips for me to make sure our first-time friends enjoy what we all know and love!!!!

not sure of your dates or if your old enough to remember Flower Power but don't miss the Flower Power Concerts at EPCOT. :banana:
We go every year (this year May 4/12)
here is a partial list for now:

Flower & Garden Festival: April 21 - June 11, 2006

List under construction:

The Buckinghams April 25-27
Gary Puckett April 28-May 1
The Grass Roots starring Rob Grill May 2-4 :dancer: :drinking1 :rockband:
Paul Revere & The Raiders May 5-8
Davy Jones May 12-15
B.J. Thomas May 19-22
Felix Cavaliere's Rascals May 23-25
The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie June 5-7
Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone June 8-11

also if you like kareoke (think I spelled it wrong) try KIMONO'S at the SWAN

Hey thanks for that bit of info. I always see the concerts advertised, but never was able to take advantage. We are leaving May 27 and coming back June 3. I'll see who is playing while we are there.

We did an adults only trip this fall (F&W) and I can't think of a better trip we've taken. Make sure that you enjoy the great restaurants. EPCOT takes on an entirely different flavour when only with adults. We could have spend each night there...but then there are so many other things to do...even just the peaceful morning coffee...stroll in the evening...

Once you do it you'll need to do it again. Good idea taking the kids on a trip first. You can keep an eye out for activities to plan while on your March trip.

Have a great time!

paults said:
not sure of your dates or if your old enough to remember Flower Power but don't miss the Flower Power Concerts at EPCOT. :banana:
We go every year (this year May 4/12)
here is a partial list for now:

Flower & Garden Festival: April 21 - June 11, 2006

List under construction:

The Buckinghams April 25-27
Gary Puckett April 28-May 1
The Grass Roots starring Rob Grill May 2-4 :dancer: :drinking1 :rockband:
Paul Revere & The Raiders May 5-8
Davy Jones May 12-15
B.J. Thomas May 19-22
Felix Cavaliere's Rascals May 23-25
The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie June 5-7
Herman's Hermits Starring Peter Noone June 8-11

also if you like kareoke (think I spelled it wrong) try KIMONO'S at the SWAN
Ah, yes-the flower power concerts! We never miss them. Does anyone else remember when Steppenwolf was there a few years back? Sitting in Epcot, listening to Steppenwolf belt out "Born to be Wild" and "Magic Carpet Ride" definitely felt strange. We're also 2 adults sans kids who'll be at OKW in May.

DH and I have been there for the past two years during Flower and Garden Festival....without the kids. Our anniversary is 5/12/ so it makes it easy to get away for four or five days. We've seen Gary Puckett, Paul Revere, and
Orleans while there. It's weird......remembering those performers from the
60's and 70's and then seeing them now.....then again, I was only a teenager then too!!!! Paul Revere made a joke about where are all the go-go girls
now and then said they're all driving their ecv's chasing the grandkids. We're
not going in May, 2006 since we've decided we'd like to do the F & W festival
with friends in October. I just made the ressies yesterday for two studios
10/14/ thru 10/20. That should be fun, too. The Eat to the Beat concerts usually have a pretty good lineup also.

Have a wonderful time!!! Every trip we take is adults only, and we always have a blast! It will be so much fun introducing your friends to the Magic!!! Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter