• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults and Solo Trips Central

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning on a winter travel solo to Disney. Advice?

I am looking at January 31st through the 6th my birthday is the 3rd.

I have ever done this by myself so suggestions would be great!

As a constant solo-goer, the best advice is don't over plan and try and just take the days as they come.

Treat yourself to a nice solo sit-down meal. Disney seems to be the one place on the planet where they aren't condescending to solo diners!

Be sure to get a birthday button on your birthday!

Bethar1978 said:

As a constant solo-goer, the best advice is don't over plan and try and just take the days as they come.

Treat yourself to a nice solo sit-down meal. Disney seems to be the one place on the planet where they aren't condescending to solo diners!

Be sure to get a birthday button on your birthday!

I completely agree with Drayca. Allow for spontaneity.

I purchased a solo ticket for the Christmas party on November 15th but now I'm going on another day. Would it be possible to switch dates?

I'm tentatively planning on going solo in late Feb or early March. Just found out the new HD Soarin' won't be open until the summer...

Going this week! Now I'm wondering if I should have booked MNSSHP. Never done it, didn't actually see the appeal much, even though I enjoy Halloween. Hmm.

Going this week! Now I'm wondering if I should have booked MNSSHP. Never done it, didn't actually see the appeal much, even though I enjoy Halloween. Hmm.

I'm in the same position. I didn't only because I don't have a costume ready, and might feel out of place not being dressed up for the occasion.

Just paid off my solo trip for 3 maybe 4 over Thanksgiving week. I'm checking out thanksgiving day and heading to relatives for the big turkey dinner. Staying at Port Orleans Riverside which is a new one for me, and while I have the quick service ding plan I may splurge on a sit down dinner.. Just not sure where yet. I will also be going to MVMCP on the 20th which will be a first time doing that as well.

I'm heading down to WDW solo tomorrow and will be there until November 7 if anyone is around and would like to meet up.

Anyone going to be around April 7-10th 2016, going solo for a conference, staying at yacht club

Yes, I'll be arriving evening of April 8, 2016 and there throughout that time. If you may like to meet up sometime, please feel free to send me a message.

Hi all! I have taken the plunge and booked a weeks solo trip beginning of May 2016!!! I had my first trip with my 9 yr old son August/September this year and the plan was to take him in 2017 (UK prices are ridiculous in the holidays) I cannot wait that long but cannot afford to take him again this year so have been a bit mean and booked myself a week to get my fix.
I'm a 31 yr old female from the UK, I don't mind my own company but would be nice to meet up with people so not every experience is a solo one. It will be my first time travelling by myself and am a little nervous about it.

I spent a few days solo in Disneyworld in December of 2014 and enjoyed it so much that I'm doing it again this year! I am a senior female, traveling to DW the first week of December..... I'd love to meet up with any others also traveling solo that week....maybe for a coffee or a holiday drink.....

I thoroughly enjoyed MVMCP and the Osborne lights last year; can't wait to do it again!

I'll be there during the first week of December on my third solo trip. I'd be interested in meeting up with another solo traveler for coffee or a drink.

I'll be there during the first week of December on my third solo trip. I'd be interested in meeting up with another solo traveler for coffee or a drink.

I'm hoping to spend a least a few hours visiting the monorail and epcot area resorts to see their decorations - if you (and anyone else) wants to meet for a morning coffee or afternoon drink there, let me know.......

I'll be going solo Jan 23 to Jan 30. Had to take advantage of that discount offer! Hotel plus parks plus flight is only going to cost me $1,330!!!

Apparently the average weather then is high 72 and low 48, so I'm going to have the tough decision of wearing pants or shorts or long sleeves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter