• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Found your semi-secret PTR only because we changed our dates to October so I was searching for other October 2016'ers. :) And TA-DA! We're going to be there the same time as you are! Totally stalking now. :)

giphy.gif

Can I be your new bestie? :jumping1:
Absolutely! :drinking1 :hug:

Found your semi-secret PTR only because we changed our dates to October so I was searching for other October 2016'ers. :) And TA-DA! We're going to be there the same time as you are! Totally stalking now. :)

giphy-gif.124155
Hooray for stalking! Hooray for October 2016! Hooray for YOU! :welcome:

Found you! Got to get caught up now!
Yay, so glad you joined in over here! :welcome:

Billie! I'm here - and I feel like I'm late, but really I'm about a year early... hahaha. But really, I'm just gonna follow your PTR's/TR's since we don't have any 2016 trips planned (unless you count Disneyland honeymoon? Still feels slightly empty with no WDW.. Haha)..

The one promise I am going to keep is to NOT put a link to this PTR or a ticker for this trip into my signature until after I return home from my December trip. So if you've found this thread all on your own... HI, STALKER. :wave2: Welcome!

HI... Except I don't think it's considered stalking now that it's in your signature, right!? ;)

RAVIOLI DI RICOTTA
Chicken, Prosciutto, Parmesan cream.
TI-Ravioli.jpg

(Photo from yelp.com)

Omg. Drool. How have I not heard of this before? I am obsessed with anything pancetta/prosciutto/salty meats that I love.. this looks delicious!

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc No trip is complete without them!

Your Boma pictures look awesome. We are going there for the first time in November but for breakfast. I have been dying to try the bread service at Sanaa (though unfortunately that might be the only thing I'll eat there.. the entrees don't really appeal to me..) so we went with Boma for breakfast. But your dinner pics look delicious.

Ashley! :cutie:

I'm here - and I feel like I'm late, but really I'm about a year early... hahaha.
:welcome: Most of the action is over on my December 2015 right now, actually! You're welcome to join me over there, if you like!

But really, I'm just gonna follow your PTR's/TR's since we don't have any 2016 trips planned (unless you count Disneyland honeymoon? Still feels slightly empty with no WDW.. Haha)..
Feel free to plan vicariously through me! :goodvibes

HI... Except I don't think it's considered stalking now that it's in your signature, right!? ;)
Shhhhh. We're not supposed to talk about that. :oops:

Omg. Drool. How have I not heard of this before? I am obsessed with anything pancetta/prosciutto/salty meats that I love.. this looks delicious!
I know, right?! GET IN MY BELLY NOW, FOOD! :D

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc No trip is complete without them!
I totally, 110% agree!!! :thumbsup2

Your Boma pictures look awesome. We are going there for the first time in November but for breakfast. I have been dying to try the bread service at Sanaa (though unfortunately that might be the only thing I'll eat there.. the entrees don't really appeal to me..) so we went with Boma for breakfast. But your dinner pics look delicious.
I loooooove Boma! I did breakfast there in Sept 2014, and will doing it again for breakfast on my upcoming December trip! In my signature, the link to the 09/14 Dining Review (DR) will take you to my Boma breakfast pics! :cutie:

182 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
220 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
340 days until FP+! :cutie:
400 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

First and foremost, it's a milestone day for this trip! Hooray!

Screenshot_2015-09-18-09-14-16.png

It's the little things. :goodvibes

And here's a couple of silly Real Life things that I had intended for my December 2015 PTR, but since I've actually had trip-related stuff to post over there recently, I thought I'd share them here instead. :P

You all may or may not know by now that I absolutely despise pants. I hate them with a firey passion. When I walk in the door to my apartment, I do not pass Go, I do not collect 200 kitty snuggles, I head directly to my bedroom to take off my pants. I hate them. I think I own more nightgowns than real clothes at this point.

b450edb6cdf0626c6dcdbcf15531a638.jpg

Well, I learned at work recently that pants hate me back...

I was at the office one day, and sat down at my desk with a client. When I sat I thought my chair felt funny for a second, but I didn't think anything of it. When my client left, I stood up and realized that I felt a bit of a... draft. Around my backside. Yep. That funny feeling in my chair? That was the back of my khaki pants splitting. :rotfl:

So I told my boss what just happened, and she didn't believe me, so I stood up, turned around, and showed her... essentially flashing my panties at her. She happens to also by my best friend (from before she got the job), so it wasn't horribly awkward, and we both were absolutely dying laughing over it. :lmao: Obviously, I had to drop everything and take an hour to run home to change then come back to the office. While I was there, of course I had memorialize it...

20150904_161524-1.jpg

RIP, Pants! (See what I did there?) :laughing:

As you can see, they're not even tight or anything, they're very relaxed in the backside! But I have had them forever, so I can only assume that there was a weak place in the fabric that finally just had enough, and then it was all over from there. :scared: I cannot for the life of me imagine any other way I would have managed to randomly bust the tail-end out of a pair of loose-fitting khakis! :confused3

55763915.jpg

So anyhow! In slightly Disney-related news, a friend of mine from college recently posted a photo of herself laying in the grass at her house, with a Mickey coffee mug that she got on her last Walt Disney World vacation. I looked at it for a minute and realized that I have the Minnie counterpart to her Mickey mug! So I took this photo and posted it in the comments:

20150909_201302-1.jpg

This mug was a Thank You gift from one of my Disney clients. She brought it back from her trip for me, filled with candies from Goofy's Candy company. :cloud9:

And finally, because in the prologue of this PTR, I promised you all photos of adorable cats... Meet Butters, the older of my two furbabies!

20150829_235927_001-1.jpg

That pink blanket actually goes on my bed. The other night I had folded it up and set it on the chaise part of my couch for just a few minutes, then left the room. When I came back, Butters had appropriated it for his cat-napping needs! I told him that it wasn't for him, but he gives zero craps about what I think. Because... cat. :cat: :rotfl:

Have an AWESOME weekend, ya'll! :cutie: And if anybody is wondering what my plans are...

pantsno-wineyes.png

Last edited:
I have to say...I live in that fear everyday...because I car pool with to other people and we are half an hour from home. I would have to wrap a sweater around my butt for the remainder of the day if that happened to me. Of course it would be humorous. LOVE the sign!

And yes, I totally understand about the nightgowns. I have been doing the same thing. I get home and put my gown on instead of "play clothes".

400 days huh? That means I am like 405 or so. Still not excited about the trip...but I am working on it!

Mr. Butters is adorable. I sometimes miss having kitties. But I kitties would just be things to chase at my house now.

I was at a baseball game a few weeks ago when I discovered that I had a hole in my skirt...
It wasn't such a big hole, but you can bet I wasn't looking for opportunities to stand up.
So I a little bit feel your pain.

And that Minnie mug is adorable! Probably way cuter than the corresponding Mickey mug. But I may be a little biased because ... Polka dots.

Yay for 400 days!! Only a little over a month until you hit 1 year!

Hooray! That means I have LESS than 400 days to go!!! :cool1:

I was at the office one day, and sat down at my desk with a client. When I sat I thought my chair felt funny for a second, but I didn't think anything of it. When my client left, I stood up and realized that I felt a bit of a... draft. Around my backside. Yep. That funny feeling in my chair? That was the back of my khaki pants splitting. :rotfl:

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! hate it when that happens!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

This mug was a Thank You gift from one of my Disney clients. She brought it back from her trip for me, filled with candies from Goofy's Candy company

So cute, I love it!

And finally, because in the prologue of this PTR, I promised you all photos of adorable cats... Meet Butters, the older of my two furbabies!

Butters! Adorbs to the max :hug:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an embarrassing pants story this week! Part of my job involves convincing technical college students (in a specific program that is 99.9% male) to come work for my company. I was at the tech school doing a presentation, and I brought pizza because that's the way to college boys' hearts. As I was cleaning up said pizza after the presentation, I totally fumbled an open container of Papa John's garlic sauce and splattered it all over my left pant leg. I looked like I peed myself! I'm so thankful this happened AFTER my presentation, and that the couple boys who saw it didn't laugh at me, but instead helped me carry all my crap out to my car so I could focus on strategically holding my purse in front of my leg as I walked out! Even after going home to change I felt like I smelled like a giant head of garlic.

Back-up pants at work might not be a bad idea?

Also, your kitty is sooo cute, I just want to cuddle him!

:rotfl2:<--- sorry i am laughing about the pants... but i have been there, once I was at a client and the table had this awful rough edge, and it got caught on everything, so every week the first thing i would do was cover it with paper. Well one day the client need the room so we removed the paper and when they let us back in you know what happened... it ripped a huge whole in the front of my right pant leg! Worst part I couldn't go home to change, i have like 3 hours left of work, and we were out of town so i had to stay like that till we left to go to the hotel that night!

Love that mug and the cute cat! I want another furbaby, DH says now, I'm waiting till DD can talk so she can ask, he wont say no to her!

So that's what you get when you say mean things about pants, lol. While I haven't had any major clothing disasters (yet), I did spend the day covered in sparkling pink glitter glue. My third graders were doing a project and I used a bit too much force to get the cap off and...BOOM! That glue oozed off my nose, glasses, was in my hair, managed to get on my I.d. Badge and lanyard and decorate my shirt. Those kiddos are in 5 th grade now and we still laugh about it.

Your kitty is so cute. Just like my Henry. He thinks he owns the house. He stares at the kids until they get up and move out of "his" seat.

:cheer2: It's getting closer, you know it, rah rah! (As you can probably tell I have no cheer experience.)

Whoa. Don't you love the sudden rush of air to the backside that you know is just the exact wrong feeling? I was at a work function years ago that was held in a theater. At the end of the presentation I climbed over the back of the seats instead of waiting for my row to empty out. *POP* *RIP* *TEAR* Luckily it was winter so I had a jacket that I could wrap around my backside. :blush:

This mug was a Thank You gift from one of my Disney clients. She brought it back from her trip for me, filled with candies from Goofy's Candy company. :cloud9:

That's so sweet! What a nice client.

Awww. Butters looks like a gentle soul. :cat:

I think I own more nightgowns than real clothes at this point

Join the club, sister. :hug: If it was at all acceptable to wear a gown at preschool drop off, I would be all over it!

:rotfl:

But seriously, I think we've all that that moment of panic. But at least it happened in front of your friend! That makes if funny instead of awkward!

Meet Butters, the older of my two furbabies!

20150829_235927_001-1.jpg

Ok, I would totally love to cuddle up to him. :lovestruc

So...have you looked at the F&W offerings for this year yet? I've read the menus and picked out my favorites. Practice for next year, right? :thumbsup2

Catching up :):) Those food pics are making me soooo excited for our Thanksgiving trip which is TWO months from today (FP's tonight!!) Let me tell you about that truffle mac n cheese - perfection :cloud9: I'm not a big mac n cheese person but I could eat a vat of that stuff every day!! And I'm with Ashley, why haven't I noticed that ravioli at Tutto before??!! We've eaten there like 3x, I totally would have ordered that! I need to have my eyes checked before we go back......

Good thing you weren't bending over in the grocery store when your pants decided to give out :scared1: Lol well, other than happening at home or your moms, I guess since you only have one co-worker and she's your bestie it was really the 3rd best place for that to happen. 'Bye, pants!

I have to say...I live in that fear everyday...because I car pool with to other people and we are half an hour from home. I would have to wrap a sweater around my butt for the remainder of the day if that happened to me. Of course it would be humorous. LOVE the sign!
If I'd had anything to wrap around me, I would have. But I had nothing at all! Running home was my only option. :rotfl:

And yes, I totally understand about the nightgowns. I have been doing the same thing. I get home and put my gown on instead of "play clothes".
Oh god, I love my nightgowns. And my boss/bestie, Rachel, she knows it too. On Saturday, I decided to take myself out later in the day, and my first stop was to dip into Taco Bell. Just as I was getting there, she called me to see if I wanted to meet her for dinner about 45 minutes later. I was trying to work out the timing in my head, and then the conversation was like:

Me: Hmm, ermm. Hang on, let me think...
Rachel: What's up? Are you in your nightgown or something?
Me: No dude, I'm at Taco Bell, remember?
Rachel: I know, but are you in your nightgown?
Me: ... ... ...

:lmao:

400 days huh? That means I am like 405 or so. Still not excited about the trip...but I am working on it!
We DO need to get you excited, dude!!! Come on!!! Party with me, woo! :banana:

Mr. Butters is adorable. I sometimes miss having kitties. But I kitties would just be things to chase at my house now.
My two boys just chase each other. Butters is TERRIFIED of dogs. So only kitties for me for as long as he it with me! :cat:

Awww, Butters looks just like a cat I had as a kid, his name was Red.
Aww, I love the orange and white kitties! :lovestruc

I was at a baseball game a few weeks ago when I discovered that I had a hole in my skirt...
It wasn't such a big hole, but you can bet I wasn't looking for opportunities to stand up.
So I a little bit feel your pain.
Eeek! Yeah, at least I was in the relative "safety" of my office when this happened, and was able to discreetly duck out! :scared:

And that Minnie mug is adorable! Probably way cuter than the corresponding Mickey mug. But I may be a little biased because ... Polka dots.
I love polka dots, too!!! :cutie:

Yay for 400 days!! Only a little over a month until you hit 1 year!
I know! So exciting! And by the time I get back from my trip in December, there will only be about 10 months left until the next one! :woohoo:

Hooray! That means I have LESS than 400 days to go!!! :cool1:
Yes, you do! :banana:

OH NO!!!!!!!!!! hate it when that happens!!!
It was a first for me!!! :rotfl:

Butters! Adorbs to the max :hug:
He's my big bubba baby! :lovestruc

I'm glad I'm not the only one with an embarrassing pants story this week! Part of my job involves convincing technical college students (in a specific program that is 99.9% male) to come work for my company. I was at the tech school doing a presentation, and I brought pizza because that's the way to college boys' hearts. As I was cleaning up said pizza after the presentation, I totally fumbled an open container of Papa John's garlic sauce and splattered it all over my left pant leg. I looked like I peed myself! I'm so thankful this happened AFTER my presentation, and that the couple boys who saw it didn't laugh at me, but instead helped me carry all my crap out to my car so I could focus on strategically holding my purse in front of my leg as I walked out! Even after going home to change I felt like I smelled like a giant head of garlic.
Oh MAN! And I know that sauce you're talking about too, that stuff in pungent! You poor thing! :hug:

Back-up pants at work might not be a bad idea?
Honestly, I haven't ruled it out. Never split my pants before though, so the thought never crossed my mind! :rotfl:

Also, your kitty is sooo cute, I just want to cuddle him!
He gives good snuggles! ::yes::

:rotfl2:<--- sorry i am laughing about the pants...
Don't apologize. I posted the story for ya'll to laugh at. :laughing:

but i have been there, once I was at a client and the table had this awful rough edge, and it got caught on everything, so every week the first thing i would do was cover it with paper. Well one day the client need the room so we removed the paper and when they let us back in you know what happened... it ripped a huge whole in the front of my right pant leg! Worst part I couldn't go home to change, i have like 3 hours left of work, and we were out of town so i had to stay like that till we left to go to the hotel that night!
I bet that was a very professional look. :rotfl:

Love that mug and the cute cat! I want another furbaby, DH says now, I'm waiting till DD can talk so she can ask, he wont say no to her!
Ha! Your plan is diabolical! I love it! :thumbsup2

Hilarious!! And wine makes it even moreso.
Wine makes EVERYTHING funnier. :lmao:

So that's what you get when you say mean things about pants, lol. While I haven't had any major clothing disasters (yet), I did spend the day covered in sparkling pink glitter glue. My third graders were doing a project and I used a bit too much force to get the cap off and...BOOM! That glue oozed off my nose, glasses, was in my hair, managed to get on my I.d. Badge and lanyard and decorate my shirt. Those kiddos are in 5 th grade now and we still laugh about it.
Bahahaha! That's a great story! :rotfl:

Your kitty is so cute. Just like my Henry. He thinks he owns the house. He stares at the kids until they get up and move out of "his" seat.
Yes! Butters does very similar things! He rules the roost around here! :cat:

:cheer2: It's getting closer, you know it, rah rah! (As you can probably tell I have no cheer experience.)
You get an E for Effort, though! :cheer2:

Whoa. Don't you love the sudden rush of air to the backside that you know is just the exact wrong feeling? I was at a work function years ago that was held in a theater. At the end of the presentation I climbed over the back of the seats instead of waiting for my row to empty out. *POP* *RIP* *TEAR* Luckily it was winter so I had a jacket that I could wrap around my backside. :blush:
Bahahaha! Some of ya'lls stories are killing me! Oh man, that's funny. :laughing: No jacket here, it's still way too hot. My only recourse was to dip out and run home and back as quick as I could!

That's so sweet! What a nice client.
Yeah, she was a super cool lady. She's moved away since, sadly. All my favorite clients eventually move away! That's the one drawback to working with so many active duty military families. :sad:

Awww. Butters looks like a gentle soul. :cat:
He really is, though. He's a big boy (16 lbs), and I occasionally call him my gentle giant. :lovestruc

Join the club, sister. :hug: If it was at all acceptable to wear a gown at preschool drop off, I would be all over it!
Why isn't it acceptable? Just stay in the car. :rotfl: Or is that not until they are older?

But seriously, I think we've all that that moment of panic. But at least it happened in front of your friend! That makes if funny instead of awkward!
Honestly, this is the first time it's ever happened to me! That's why it was so shocking! And it the pants were at least tight, I would have been like "Oh, there they go." But these weren't, so when it happened, I was so baffled that the only thing to do was laugh! :lmao:

Ok, I would totally love to cuddle up to him. :lovestruc
You'd have to wait for him to cuddle up to you. He's that kinda cat. He's a snugglebug, but it has to be his idea. :rotfl:

So...have you looked at the F&W offerings for this year yet? I've read the menus and picked out my favorites. Practice for next year, right? :thumbsup2
I have, actually! Not even in reference to this trip... Rachel is heading down on Oct. 22 this year just for the weekend, and it will be her first F&W, so I've been helping her to prepare. :bitelip:

Catching up :):) Those food pics are making me soooo excited for our Thanksgiving trip which is TWO months from today (FP's tonight!!)
Ooooh, how did you do on your FP+? I hope it was a success! :goodvibes

Let me tell you about that truffle mac n cheese - perfection :cloud9: I'm not a big mac n cheese person but I could eat a vat of that stuff every day!! And I'm with Ashley, why haven't I noticed that ravioli at Tutto before??!! We've eaten there like 3x, I totally would have ordered that! I need to have my eyes checked before we go back......
Mmmm, just reading this is making with I was eating both of them right now! They look SO GOOD! :cloud9:

Good thing you weren't bending over in the grocery store when your pants decided to give out :scared1: Lol well, other than happening at home or your moms, I guess since you only have one co-worker and she's your bestie it was really the 3rd best place for that to happen. 'Bye, pants!
Bahahaha! Yeah, had I been at the store or something, I imagine that I would have simply picked up my purse, abandoned my shopping cart, and ran back to my car! :rotfl: BYE PANTS!!!!!!!

I've seen similar to this before! I love it! :thumbsup2

OMG that story about the pants...let me just say you are very lucky you work at your friend's office!! I'd be mortified if that happened to me at work!
That actually did happen to me once but I was at home with my sisters many years ago. Think I was demonstrating how to do some jump, lol it was a bad idea!
That's why I stick to dresses. :)

Cute mug!

Yes, I think wine is a good idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter