• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

All caught up...it has been a crazy week. Both kiddos are back in school (YAY!!), but that means getting back into getting up early, homework and after-school activities (I felt off my game for the first couple of days, but seem to be getting back in the swing of things now). I have to say even at 8:30 in the morning those food pictures look oh so yummy!!

So, guess what! My little sister (well she is 24 not so little) and I are thinking about doing a long weekend trip in October 2016!!! It would just be the 2 of us, we have not had a sister/sister trip in forever so I recommended that she and I go back to Disney just the 2 of us in October. My AP will still be good so I can help her with the prices of tickets, and the big thing we will do is spend time at US/IOA to check out Harry Potter!! We have not determined the dates yet, but who knows there might be an opportunity for a Dismeet! :)

Yes, indeed! Solo girls must stick together! princess: :thumbsup2
Heck yes, my friend! ::yes::

Joining in! Can't wait to get caught up!!!
:welcome: So glad you're here! Sadly, there's not much going on in this thread at the moment, since all the action is happening over on my PTR for my upcoming December trip. You're welcome to join the party over there too, if you'd like to! :cutie:

All caught up...it has been a crazy week. Both kiddos are back in school (YAY!!), but that means getting back into getting up early, homework and after-school activities (I felt off my game for the first couple of days, but seem to be getting back in the swing of things now).
I'm so glad I don't have kids. :rotfl:

I have to say even at 8:30 in the morning those food pictures look oh so yummy!!
And girl, those food pictures look delicious at ANY HOUR! :goodvibes

So, guess what! My little sister (well she is 24 not so little) and I are thinking about doing a long weekend trip in October 2016!!! It would just be the 2 of us, we have not had a sister/sister trip in forever so I recommended that she and I go back to Disney just the 2 of us in October. My AP will still be good so I can help her with the prices of tickets, and the big thing we will do is spend time at US/IOA to check out Harry Potter!! We have not determined the dates yet, but who knows there might be an opportunity for a Dismeet! :)
HOW EXCITING!!! :hyper: Plan it for the end of October, and maybe we will have some dates that overlap! How fun!

I've yet to have a DisMeet! Can you believe it?! I mean, it's probably for the best, since I'm WAAAAY cooler and funnier on the internet. :rotfl: But I do plan on getting together with @hokieinpa during this October 2016 trip for some shenanigans, hopefully! :goodvibes

DISMeets, at least the several I've had, are a lot of fun, especially if planned around a meal. But I really think, they are only worth it if you've taken the time to "get to know the other" at least a little online first. That way you have found already some common interests and a basis for conversation. I think it's hard to get to know the real person, but the time I've invested in getting to know people here have always led to good friendships in the end. I know you'll have a great time with the Meet you have planned. Let's be in touch as time goes on to see if it might work out to have a meal or something... :)

DISMeets, at least the several I've had, are a lot of fun, especially if planned around a meal. But I really think, they are only worth it if you've taken the time to "get to know the other" at least a little online first. That way you have found already some common interests and a basis for conversation. I think it's hard to get to know the real person, but the time I've invested in getting to know people here have always led to good friendships in the end. I know you'll have a great time with the Meet you have planned. Let's be in touch as time goes on to see if it might work out to have a meal or something... :)
I'd love that! And it's not so much that I'm against doing DisMeets, not at all. I'm sure it's hard to tell from my antics in my threads here, but in "real life" I'm actually very shy and suffer from social anxiety.

The crowds at Disney don't get to me, and I was a theatre major in college so I can do public speaking and such like a pro. It's one-on-one interaction that I struggle with. I have to mentally remind myself to make eye-contact with new people, because I habitually avoid it due to the discomfort it brings me. My brain locks up and I struggle for ANYTHING to say, much less interesting things. I love character meets, but have to kinda struggle through meeting face characters. (My Gaston meet last year was one of the most awesome yet TERRIFYING experiences ever, and you can see it all over my face in the photos!) I have refused to eat at Biergarten for years because sharing a dinner table with strangers freaks me out... I've agreed to do it this coming December (because my uncle loves German food), but only because my Aunt Debby & Uncle Mark have promised to put me on the end of the table so they can sit between me and the STRANGER DANGER. :laughing:

I've met people from the internet before in real life, but only after talking to them for a loooong time, so I know what you mean about investing time in getting to know each other first. Now that I've been back and posting regularly for about a year, I do have quite a few friends here on the Dis whom I wouldn't hesitate to meet for lunch, or watch a parade with. And by next October, another year will have gone by, which is just more time to find amazing people here on the Dis to hopefully meet at the parks someday! :goodvibes

Also following along, over from your December PTR. Saw this and thought of you today!

Hahahahaa! I love this! It's SO TRUE, too! :lmao:

Also... YAY, I'm glad you found me here! :hug:

I'd love that! And it's not so much that I'm against doing DisMeets, not at all. I'm sure it's hard to tell from my antics in my threads here, but in "real life" I'm actually very shy and suffer from social anxiety.

The crowds at Disney don't get to me, and I was a theatre major in college so I can do public speaking and such like a pro. It's one-on-one interaction that I struggle with. I have to mentally remind myself to make eye-contact with new people, because I habitually avoid it due to the discomfort it brings me. My brain locks up and I struggle for ANYTHING to say, much less interesting things. I love character meets, but have to kinda struggle through meeting face characters. (My Gaston meet last year was one of the most awesome yet TERRIFYING experiences ever, and you can see it all over my face in the photos!) I have refused to eat at Biergarten for years because sharing a dinner table with strangers freaks me out... I've agreed to do it this coming December (because my uncle loves German food), but only because my Aunt Debby & Uncle Mark have promised to put me on the end of the table so they can sit between me and the STRANGER DANGER. :laughing:

I've met people from the internet before in real life, but only after talking to them for a loooong time, so I know what you mean about investing time in getting to know each other first. Now that I've been back and posting regularly for about a year, I do have quite a few friends here on the Dis whom I wouldn't hesitate to meet for lunch, or watch a parade with. And by next October, another year will have gone by, which is just more time to find amazing people here on the Dis to hopefully meet at the parks someday! :goodvibes

This. About a million times, this. I suffered (still do at times) with social anxiety and major depression and general anxiety. Thank goodness for drugs, lol. I, on the other hand, tend to do better with one on ones most of the time. But I still have my moments of brain-lock up, like you. I struggle with the face characters too. I guess I'm wondering if they think I'm weird for being at Disney by myself, since a lot of my trips are solo. Most people say, oh just get over it, and think they're helping. But it's not that easy...if it were then it wouldn't be an issue! I just want you know that I know where you're coming from and you're definitely not alone in your anxiety. I'm doing Biergarten in November so I'll let you know how it goes with the STRANGERS!

This. About a million times, this. I suffered (still do at times) with social anxiety and major depression and general anxiety. Thank goodness for drugs, lol. I, on the other hand, tend to do better with one on ones most of the time. But I still have my moments of brain-lock up, like you. I struggle with the face characters too. I guess I'm wondering if they think I'm weird for being at Disney by myself, since a lot of my trips are solo. Most people say, oh just get over it, and think they're helping. But it's not that easy...if it were then it wouldn't be an issue! I just want you know that I know where you're coming from and you're definitely not alone in your anxiety. I'm doing Biergarten in November so I'll let you know how it goes with the STRANGERS!
Awww, thank you for this! :hug: I've talked to and read reports from a few other people who deal with the same issues, and how they relate to their Disney trips. I pep-talk myself and tell myself to "get over it" actually. :laughing: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't beat myself up though, regardless. I do what I can and enjoy the heck out of it. I get my face painted and put on my ears and smile big and ride solo and proud on my ECV through the parks. Just if you see me rollin' through someday, don't hesitate to introduce yourself as being huggybuff from the Dis! :goodvibes

195 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
233 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
353 days until FP+! :cutie:
413 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okay, it's been about a week, so I think it's high time to get back to some Disney FOOD dreaming! :cloud9: I present to you the second half of the restaurants on the current version of my hoped-for noms for this trip!

ULTIMATE ADR WISHLIST - PART 2

TUTTO ITALIA
Dinner

I've been trying to eat here forever! I didn't discover it or take an interest in it until a few months before September 2014's big trip, and by then I had zero luck getting a reservation. And then this past April 2015 trip, I did managed to score a lunch ADR. Hooray! But... then I thought about it some more. That trip was such a short one, and probably the only time I'll ever go during Flower & Garden, so I ended up opting out of the ADR, in favor of gnoshing around the Outdoor Kitchens all day & night. So THEN for my upcoming December 2015 trip, I was determined to finally eat here! And it was on the original ADR list for a long time... However, that trip is not a solo journey, and after a few conversations, I realized that there were other things my family would enjoy more. So I ended up nixing it, and doing Biergarten instead. So in 2016... This ADR is finally going to happen, by gawd!!!

Menu Here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/tutto-italia-ristorante/menus/dinner/

I'll likely start by ordering a bellini, just because I love them...

BELLINI
Prosecco, and Peach Puree
TI-Bellini.jpg

(Photo from th.pinkblog.it)

This is another one where I'm not super-excited about any of the apps, so I'll probably just go straight for an entree. Probably something like...

RAVIOLI DI RICOTTA
Chicken, Prosciutto, Parmesan cream.
TI-Ravioli.jpg

(Photo from yelp.com)

And for dessert, probably...

MOCHA TIRAMISU
Mascarpone, Espresso, Savoiardi biscuits, chocolate.
TI-Tiramisu.jpg

(Photo from disneytouristblog.com)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE WAVE
Lunch

I picked this one for something new and different... something that normally wouldn't even be on my radar. Plus I want to do a lunch around 2pm-ish in a monorail resort, then head over to MNSSHP at 4pm. Originally I had chosen the Grand Floridian Cafe for this purpose, but the more I looked at the menu, the less excited about it I was. The Wave just seems like it offers more items that are right up my alley!

Menu Here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...e-restaurant-of-american-flavors/menus/lunch/

I would start with a cocktail, of course. Because... Day Drinking. (And because I'm a huge sucker for a glow cube.)

MAGIC STAR COCKTAIL
X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a souvenir Multicolored Glow Cube.
WAVE-MSC.jpg

(Photo from disneydining.com)

And for my app, I'm really looking forward to these babies...

LUMP-CRAB FLORIDA ROCK SHRIMP CAKES
served with Southern Sweet Corn Salsa, Lemon-Tarragon Aïoli, and Local Microgreens.
WAVE-CrabCakes.jpg

(Photo from easywdw.com)

And then it's time for the good stuff...

PULLED SHORT RIB SANDWICH
On a Parker House roll, with Black Diamond Cheddar, Pero Farms Giardiniera, and Locally-sourced Arugula. (Except I would be ordering mine without the giardiniera, because I absolutely hate the stuff.)
WAVE-ShortRib.jpg

(Photo from easywdw.com)

And for dessert, I am completely torn between these two lovely creations...

STRAWBERRY-PEACH BELLINI CAKE
Peach-glazed Sponge Cake layered with Almonds and Strawberry Mousse accompanied by Champagne Sorbet.

OR!!!

GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE CONTEMPORARY-STYLE
German Chocolate Cake, Caramel Sauce, and Heath Bar Caramel Ice Cream.

(Neither of which I could find photos of, but don't they sound AMAZING?!)

BOMA
Dinner

Those of you who have been following my reports a while know that Boma is pretty much ubiquitous on my trips. Each time I try to rotate out which meal to have here. Since I did dinner in April, and will be doing breakfast in December, that means on this October 2016 trip, it will be time for dinner again!

Being a buffet, it's a bit harder to come up with items and photos to feature. So I'll just post (huge) photos from the last time I ate dinner there!

Menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/boma-flavors-of-africa/menus/dinner/

You know I'll be starting out with a cocktail. This thing is delicious (and enormous)...

AFRICAN RUM RUNNER
Pink Pigeon African Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Creme de Banana, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine.
20150424_214739-1.jpg

And then it will be onto the buffet and the various stations. I am never disappointed in the offerings here!

DINNER
Carved Beef Flank Steak, Mediterranean-Style Salmon, Durban-Stayle Roasted Chicken, Pork Shoulder, Beef Bobotie, and Fufu.
20150424_214722-1.jpg

Then those desserts, of course...

DESSERTS
Cassava Cake, Guava Panna Cotta, Zebra Dome, Kenyan Coffee Tart (my favorite!), and Key Lime Cheesecake.
20150424_221239-1.jpg

CAPE MAY CAFE
Breakfast

I love ending my trips on departure day with a big, fun, Disney breakfast! Especially a character meal! I figured this would fit the bill quite nicely. Not to mention that if I'm able to upgrade to the Beach Club, as I'm hoping to do, then it will be very convenient. (But I'm still going to do it, even if it means driving over from POR before hitting the road for home.) I had dinner here back in 2009, and enjoyed it. I've always been curious about breakfast, though!

Again with the whole buffet issue, so I'm just going to post some random yummy photos that I find now!

Menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/cape-may-cafe/menus/

NOMS!
Cape-may-eggs-bacon-bar.jpg

BC-Cape-May-Cafe.jpg

fhfhfh355222.jpg

...Yum. :D

Last edited:
Yum! Unfortunately I have no good food to report I ate today :sad2:

However I am going to just say as always your ADRs look really good! I will say I have only eaten at the Wave of your picks but we loved it. The crab/shrimp cake was really good and we had a good experience!

I want to try Boma so bad! It's on my list for a future trip!

Hope all is well:grouphug:

Yum, I love a good food post.

And yet again, everything sounds DELICIOUS!

BELLINI
TI-Bellini.jpg

(Photo from th.pinkblog.it)

Perfection.

I've been wanting to try Tutto Italia, too! I don't feel like it gets as much love at Via Napoli but I've been reading about it on a few TRs and it sounds yummy!

THE WAVE
Lunch

I picked this one for something new and different... something that normally wouldn't even be on my radar. Plus I want to do a lunch around 2pm-ish in a monorail resort, then head over to MNSSHP at 4pm. Originally I had chosen the Grand Floridian Cafe for this purpose, but the more I looked at the menu, the less excited about it I was. The Wave just seems like it offers more items that are right up my alley!

I'm perfectly ok with this plan if we still want to meet up before MNSSHP! Just for the record, I checked out the menu and already selected my food choices. Zellwood Corn Soup, BLT: Bacon, Lobster, and Tomato Club, and Under the Florida Moon to wash it all down. I'm torn between the American Flavors Trio and the Strawberry-Peach Bellini Cake!

I'm trying to work Boma into our May 2016 trip. I am the only adventurous eater in the group so I'm not sure how well it would go over. But since we're staying at AKL, how much easier can it get? It always looks SO GOOD and the zebra domes...oh my.

And I don't have a PTR started yet, but here is my ADR wish list so far!

Sanaa - Lunch
Kona - Breakfast
Kona or Ohana - Dinner
BOG - Lunch
Hollywood Brown Derby - not sure if I want lunch or dinner and maybe even the lounge?

and I would love, love, love to do a Princess meal. But I may save this for my October or December 2019 trip (since I know you understand such planning). My mom and I are planning on a short girls trip. So I think I might want to wait for that trip a Princess meal.

I think that I will be eating at F&W booths for lunch and/or dinner at least two days. And there are quite a few QS and snack items that I want to try!

if you see me rollin' through someday, don't hesitate to introduce yourself as being huggybuff from the Dis! :goodvibes

I most certainly shall! :hug: NOW FOR THE NOMS!

This is my choice although the Bellini cake may be the one for you since you're a Bellini lover. Me, not so much. Give me that delicious coconut anytime! And the Heath Bar ice cream just puts it over the top.

AFRICAN RUM RUNNER
Pink Pigeon African Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Creme de Banana, Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, and Grenadine.

OH, YES. Please. I need to check and see if they serve this one at Dawa Bar since I won't have Boma on my schedule until 2019 most likely. That's the first of 3 Aunt/Nephew trips that I'm planning. One for each Nephew. I just know they'll love staying at AKL so Boma will be easy to access there.

DESSERTS
Cassava Cake, Guava Panna Cotta, Zebra Dome, Kenyan Coffee Tart (my favorite!), and Key Lime Cheesecake.

Anything Key Lime is the one for me! I have to say I'm not a fan so much of the mini-dessert craze. Yes, you get to try more, but it's really not enough of anything to savor if you really like it. Just my opinion. Although that was a buffet, so I could eat the whole lot if I were so inclined. And with Key Lime it's a possibility.

Thanks for the Cape May pics. I have an ADR there in February for breakfast. :) I will definitely review it for you on my thread.

Okay note to self: Don't read Billie's PTR whilst on a diet! :lmao:

tumblr_lqxe4xH2du1qlff32o1_500.gif

GIRL I am so hungry now! Why does my computer not make Disney food?? :rotfl:

BELLINI
TI-Bellini.jpg

Also I want a Bellini so bad! Seriously you have so many good choices!

Excuse me while I go and eat my boring non-Disney food!
:sad1: :sad: :laughing:

Hey Billie, I think it's awesome how you are funny, engaged and REAL all at the same time here. Thanks for sharing all of that; it's gives some direction as to how we can get to know each other better. :) Baby steps, and that's ok. :hug: I hope I'm not scary! LOL!

I'm a bit behind everywhere as I had to work Saturday, hung out with my married daughter Sunday and have to work again tomorrow. So it'll be a little bit before I can read your latest ADR post. I did scroll through a bit and I can't wait to really read! Hope you have an awesome Monday, Chica!

Before we get to the FOOD, I wanted to comment on the whole social anxiety thing.
I have (somewhat mild) social anxiety disorder. I was diagnosed at age 17, but probably had it all my life (I was just never in a situation where it would be diagnosed before then). Social interactions have always been so hard for me. It took quite a bit of therapy to learn to make eye contact, and I'm still pretty terrible at reading social cues.
At Disney I do okay with talking to strangers as long as someone else starts the conversation ... I don't think I could start a conversation with a random stranger, even at Disney. I do pretty well with face characters some of the time, but sometimes I just have to let them talk pretty much to themselves because I can't handle the interaction (Anna is a good example of that ... she yaps endlessly and I just can't say anything at all most of the time). One of the reasons why I'm scared to do a solo trip is that when I travel with my sister she knows what's hard for me and will usually help me avoid the situations that are most uncomfortable for me, and I don't know how I'd handle those situations alone.
In terms of dismeets ... I'm hoping to have a few on my next trip. It definitely makes me nervous, even though I have gotten to know people. But I'm always trying to work on my social skills, so I just try to convince myself that this little bit of uncomfortableness is an okay tradeoff to make a new friend, and it'll be over soon. It doesn't always work, but I do try to stretch my comfort zone a little. And if it does end up being too uncomfortable of a situation to me, I can always say, "I'm sorry, I have to go, I'm not feeling well" - and it'll be true (I get nauseated when I'm in an uncomfortable situation, so I never have to fake sick to get out of social situations).
Oh, and for characters - one trip I made myself a list of things to talk to face characters about. I don't think I ended up using it, but knowing I had it made me feel a little better when I went to meet the face characters.

Okay, on to the food...

MOCHA TIRAMISU
Mascarpone, Espresso, Savoiardi biscuits, chocolate.

Get an extra one of these and ship it to me, please! (Although I can't eat it, so maybe not, but still, tiramisu is awesome)

THE WAVE
Lunch

I've seen The Wave mentioned on a few TRs/PTRs, but not many. Looking at the menu ... it looks like it has a lot of good stuff (I mean, how do you go wrong with some great American flavors?), and I don't know why more people don't go there. When you come back you'll have to write a glowing review (assuming it's as good as the menu makes it look) to make it suddenly more popular! (Or not, because then ADRs would be harder to get)

I'd go with this just because you're going with a bellini at Tutto Italia and you don't need the same flavors twice on one trip. I mean, variety is good, right??

Boma and Cape May sound awesome too ... but with them being buffets, you don't need my opinion on what to eat - just try a little of everything and go back for more of the best stuff!

i'm having a hard time replying to your posts because by the time I get done reading, i'm so hungry I have to find something to eat, then i'm disappointed that it's not Disney food and go into a severe Disney food depression.....dang it, Disney, even the food is magical! pixiedust:

I've always been curious about The Wave, and actually have NEVER seen a decent write up on it, or even known anyone to have ever eaten there. I think it's one I'd consider now. I like that it's a nice close option to MK, without having to eat "park food". ANd the prices are actually reasonable, too! SCORE!

Boma is one I can be happy with doing once in a blue moon. Yes, it's good, but not so good that I'd put it above trying other places first- your Boma is my Sanaa.

Everything else looks fabulous and I hope they all end up being just what you hope and imagine they will be. I love all of your drink choices a lot, but then again, there are very few I probably would think are delicious. ;)

um! Unfortunately I have no good food to report I ate today :sad2:
Me either, girl Me either. :sad1:

However I am going to just say as always your ADRs look really good! I will say I have only eaten at the Wave of your picks but we loved it. The crab/shrimp cake was really good and we had a good experience!
Oh, yay! I'm so glad to hear that! I'm really looking forward to it. :cutie:

I want to try Boma so bad! It's on my list for a future trip!
I loooooove me some Boma! Om nom nom! ::yes::

Hope all is well:grouphug:
It is here! I hope all is well for you, too! :hug:

Yum, I love a good food post.

And yet again, everything sounds DELICIOUS!
You know I'm all about some FOOD POSTS, girl! :laughing:

Perfection.

I've been wanting to try Tutto Italia, too! I don't feel like it gets as much love at Via Napoli but I've been reading about it on a few TRs and it sounds yummy!
Right?! Where as for me, there's pretty much nothing at Via Napoli that interests me! I know that people RAVE about the flatbread pizzas, but to me they look/sound pretty unappealing. :confused3 I'm a weirdo.

I'm perfectly ok with this plan if we still want to meet up before MNSSHP! Just for the record, I checked out the menu and already selected my food choices. Zellwood Corn Soup, BLT: Bacon, Lobster, and Tomato Club, and Under the Florida Moon to wash it all down. I'm torn between the American Flavors Trio and the Strawberry-Peach Bellini Cake!
I love that you've already picked out your order for our lunch together, too! This brings me much happiness! :rotfl:

I'm trying to work Boma into our May 2016 trip. I am the only adventurous eater in the group so I'm not sure how well it would go over. But since we're staying at AKL, how much easier can it get? It always looks SO GOOD and the zebra domes...oh my.
Go for it. Honestly, Boma seems exotic, but it's actually pretty friendly for all palates. And when all else fails, there's always chicken nuggets and mac & cheese etc over on the kids section of the buffet! :thumbsup2

And I don't have a PTR started yet, but here is my ADR wish list so far!

Sanaa - Lunch
Kona - Breakfast
Kona or Ohana - Dinner
BOG - Lunch
Hollywood Brown Derby - not sure if I want lunch or dinner and maybe even the lounge?
The only one of these I have done is BOG for lunch. The Braised Pork is seriously ridiculously delicious, dude. Yum! :goodvibes I'll report back on Kona for breakfast in December, though!

and I would love, love, love to do a Princess meal. But I may save this for my October or December 2019 trip (since I know you understand such planning). My mom and I are planning on a short girls trip. So I think I might want to wait for that trip a Princess meal.
We're doing Akershus in December! I've been wanting to do this one for a while, I actually had it booked for my 2014 solo trip, but let it go. The more I overthought it, the more nervous it made me. With my social anxiety, dealing with that many face characters back-to-back freaked me out. I'm much more comfortable doing it on this upcoming trip though, since I'll have my aunt & uncle there. :thumbsup2 I'll come back with a full report on the character interaction and the noms!

I think that I will be eating at F&W booths for lunch and/or dinner at least two days. And there are quite a few QS and snack items that I want to try!
Same! I have a full day and a half scheduled at Epcot. The half-day is when I'll do Tutto Italia for dinner. On the full day, I have zero ADRs planned, and will just gnosh my way through Food & Wine booths for lunch and dinner. :cloud9:

This is my choice although the Bellini cake may be the one for you since you're a Bellini lover. Me, not so much. Give me that delicious coconut anytime! And the Heath Bar ice cream just puts it over the top.
They both sound amazing to me! I'm so torn! :confused:

OH, YES. Please. I need to check and see if they serve this one at Dawa Bar since I won't have Boma on my schedule until 2019 most likely. That's the first of 3 Aunt/Nephew trips that I'm planning. One for each Nephew. I just know they'll love staying at AKL so Boma will be easy to access there.
I think they DO serve it at the Dawa bar! Don't quote me on it, though. And yes, staying at AKL is the perfect time to check out Boma! Maybe it's because I've been heading over there for a meal on every trip since 2002, but it just doesn't seem that out-of-the way to me for some weird reason! :confused3

Anything Key Lime is the one for me! I have to say I'm not a fan so much of the mini-dessert craze. Yes, you get to try more, but it's really not enough of anything to savor if you really like it. Just my opinion. Although that was a buffet, so I could eat the whole lot if I were so inclined. And with Key Lime it's a possibility.
Believe it or not, I was SUPER excited about that key lime cheesecake tart... and it was kind of a let-down. :sad: I mean... I love key lime, and I love cheesecake... but this was a disappointment. Sigh. I can't even explain why. It just didn't excite me! Granted, it might be the order I ate them in... I was shocked to find that I absolutely LOVED that Kenyan coffee tart, and the key lime cheesecake had to follow that show-stealer. :laughing:

Thanks for the Cape May pics. I have an ADR there in February for breakfast. :) I will definitely review it for you on my thread.
YAY!!! I'm looking forward to that!!! :goodvibes

Okay note to self: Don't read Billie's PTR whilst on a diet! :lmao:

tumblr_lqxe4xH2du1qlff32o1_500.gif

GIRL I am so hungry now! Why does my computer not make Disney food?? :rotfl:
Girl, I am the absolute WORST FRIEND EVER to have if you're trying to diet. I give zero craps about eating healthy, and I tend to drag people down my self-destructive (but delicious) path! :rotfl:

Also I want a Bellini so bad! Seriously you have so many good choices!

Excuse me while I go and eat my boring non-Disney food!
:sad1: :sad: :laughing:
I had a breakfast burrito this morning. It was no Tonga Toast, lemme tell ya. :sad2:

Hey Billie, I think it's awesome how you are funny, engaged and REAL all at the same time here. Thanks for sharing all of that; it's gives some direction as to how we can get to know each other better. :) Baby steps, and that's ok. :hug: I hope I'm not scary! LOL!
Awww, THANK YOU! That's really very kind of you to say! And you seem VERY sweet, not scary at all! :hug:

I'm a bit behind everywhere as I had to work Saturday, hung out with my married daughter Sunday and have to work again tomorrow. So it'll be a little bit before I can read your latest ADR post. I did scroll through a bit and I can't wait to really read! Hope you have an awesome Monday, Chica!
Take your time! You never have to apologize for being behind on my threads, because I am chronically behind on everybody elses. Most of these gals here can attest to that. :laughing:

Before we get to the FOOD, I wanted to comment on the whole social anxiety thing.
I have (somewhat mild) social anxiety disorder. I was diagnosed at age 17, but probably had it all my life (I was just never in a situation where it would be diagnosed before then). Social interactions have always been so hard for me. It took quite a bit of therapy to learn to make eye contact, and I'm still pretty terrible at reading social cues.
I'm AWFUL with social cues. I'm a very direct person, and respond to the same in others. Cues and hints go RIGHT over my head! :rotfl:

At Disney I do okay with talking to strangers as long as someone else starts the conversation ... I don't think I could start a conversation with a random stranger, even at Disney. I do pretty well with face characters some of the time, but sometimes I just have to let them talk pretty much to themselves because I can't handle the interaction (Anna is a good example of that ... she yaps endlessly and I just can't say anything at all most of the time).
Actually, that's exactly why I LOVED Anna myself... there's was zero pressure for me to say anything! She does all the talking! I just have to stand there and giggle at how cute she is, which is fine by me! :laughing:

One of the reasons why I'm scared to do a solo trip is that when I travel with my sister she knows what's hard for me and will usually help me avoid the situations that are most uncomfortable for me, and I don't know how I'd handle those situations alone.
Honestly, Sarah, I think this is a subconscious reason I waited so long to take my first solo trip. But not having anybody to travel with meant I didn't visit Disney at all between 2009 and 2014, and I was dying inside over it. So for New Years 2014, I made a resolution to take a solo trip that year, and I booked it on Jan 2, 2014, and traveled later that year in, September. In the months and weeks and days leading up to the trip, I was terrified, but also insanely excited. I was over on the Adults & Solo Travelers board here on the DIS constantly, reading everything I could, and asking every question that popped into my head.

But when I got there, I was shocked to discover that I actually enjoyed being there solo MORE than I do with companions!!! I live alone and have for years now, and was raised as an Only Child. My social issues have been life-long, and while I had a few friends growing up, I always struggled. I'm extremely accustomed to being in my own company, and coming & going and doing as I please. Now there I was, in the middle of my most favorite place in the universe, with nobody's happiness or comfort to consider but my own. I could rush through things or take my time. I could get up early or sleep late. I could change my mind and my plans on a whim if I liked, without worry about anybody else's thoughts on the matter. It felt incredibly liberating, and that in and of itself gave me a kind of renewed confidence that went MILES in helping me deal with my social anxieties during the trip.

I did make some decisions for the trip based around my comfort level with my social anxiety (like opting out of my Akershus ADR because that much face-character princessy interaction back-to-back was just too much for me), but in other ways I really pushed myself (like meeting Gaston despite literally trembling as I got closer and closer to the front of the line, or keeping the dinner at Garden Grill where I knew I'd have to be brave and ask strangers to help me as far as picture with characters). I did what I thought I could handle, and what I couldn't, I just didn't. And by my next solo trip (April 2015), I got a little braver and things got a little bit easier.

If you ever do decide to take that step and book yourself a solo trip, do not ever hesitate to talk to me about any of your fears or concerns! I'll even give you my phone number, and while you're at Disney, you can text or call me if you need a pep talk! :hug:

In terms of dismeets ... I'm hoping to have a few on my next trip. It definitely makes me nervous, even though I have gotten to know people. But I'm always trying to work on my social skills, so I just try to convince myself that this little bit of uncomfortableness is an okay tradeoff to make a new friend, and it'll be over soon. It doesn't always work, but I do try to stretch my comfort zone a little. And if it does end up being too uncomfortable of a situation to me, I can always say, "I'm sorry, I have to go, I'm not feeling well" - and it'll be true (I get nauseated when I'm in an uncomfortable situation, so I never have to fake sick to get out of social situations).
I think the nice thing about doing a DisMeet is there's so much going on and people's plans vary so greatly, there's always an "out" if you feel like you're just not clicking with somebody like you thought you would. But on the other hand, I do believe on these boards, you can often-times really get a feel for a person's attitude and touring style while at Disney, and have an idea of what to expect. For this trip in October 2016, @hokieinpa and I are tentatively planning to meet up for lunch at the Wave, then heading over to MK to hang out at MNSSHP together. I feel pretty good about this, because I know from her TRs and PTRs, and our exchanges here, that we share a lot of the same interests in the parks, and have a good repoire. There's others I talk with here who maybe I would just plan on a quick-service lunch with one day when our plans overlap, then we go our separate ways. The idea of DisMeets made me super nervous a year ago, but now after having these PTR/TR threads, as well as following others, it's really made me feel like I have genuine friends here, some of whom I would love to give a genuine hug to someday. :hug:

Oh, and for characters - one trip I made myself a list of things to talk to face characters about. I don't think I ended up using it, but knowing I had it made me feel a little better when I went to meet the face characters.
I love this idea! Love love love! :eek: Why have I never thought of this?! I'm not even solo on my next trip, but we are doing lots of character meets, so I'M TOTALLY GONNA DO THIS!!! :hyper:

Okay, on to the food...
Mmmm... Foooood... :cloud9:

Get an extra one of these and ship it to me, please! (Although I can't eat it, so maybe not, but still, tiramisu is awesome)
What if I just take lots of pictures of it, and you can imagine eating it? Which normally I would think this is cruel, but given your particular situation, it's the best I can probably offer, and with the best of intentions! :cutie:

I've seen The Wave mentioned on a few TRs/PTRs, but not many. Looking at the menu ... it looks like it has a lot of good stuff (I mean, how do you go wrong with some great American flavors?), and I don't know why more people don't go there. When you come back you'll have to write a glowing review (assuming it's as good as the menu makes it look) to make it suddenly more popular! (Or not, because then ADRs would be harder to get)
I hope I come back with a glowing review, too! It looks pretty tasty, though. And I remember reading some good things about it when it very first opened. I just don't think it's on most people's radar unless they're staying at the Contemporary. I've read that it's pretty quiet for that reason, which will be a nice change! ::yes::

I'd go with this just because you're going with a bellini at Tutto Italia and you don't need the same flavors twice on one trip. I mean, variety is good, right??
Variety IS good, yes... But that bellini cake just sounds so unique. I can have good german chocolate cake at home. But I LOVE german chocolate cake!!! :laughing: I'll just have to see how I'm feeling on the day of. I mean heck, 13 months from now, the menu is likely to be completely different anyhow. These food posts are really just me daydreaming, since it's really all that I can do for this trip until February or so!

Boma and Cape May sound awesome too ... but with them being buffets, you don't need my opinion on what to eat - just try a little of everything and go back for more of the best stuff!
That's EXACTLY why I love buffets! VARIETY! :thumbsup2

i'm having a hard time replying to your posts because by the time I get done reading, i'm so hungry I have to find something to eat, then i'm disappointed that it's not Disney food and go into a severe Disney food depression.....dang it, Disney, even the food is magical! pixiedust:
Bahahaha! :rotfl: I'm laughing because anytime I write up a big food post, by the time I'm done, I'm absolutely STARVING. And when you're craving Disney food, Pringle potato chips just don't cut it!

I've always been curious about The Wave, and actually have NEVER seen a decent write up on it, or even known anyone to have ever eaten there. I think it's one I'd consider now. I like that it's a nice close option to MK, without having to eat "park food". ANd the prices are actually reasonable, too! SCORE!
I remember reading a few good reviews of back when it first opened, but not much since. But since what have seen has been positive, and it's a good MK-area lunch to have before getting into the park at 4pm for MNSSHP, I think it's definitely worth checking out! :thumbsup2

Boma is one I can be happy with doing once in a blue moon. Yes, it's good, but not so good that I'd put it above trying other places first- your Boma is my Sanaa.
See, I read sooooo many glowing reviews of Sanaa! But then I look at the menu closely and go "NOPE." I'm not a fan of most Indian food, though. It's just not my thing. I wish it was, because it always smells AMAZING. But then I put it in my mouth and again just go "Nope. Nope nope nope." :rotfl: At least with Boma, there's a wide variety of options, and if I pick something that gives me that "NOPE!" reaction, then no harm done, I just go get something else.

Everything else looks fabulous and I hope they all end up being just what you hope and imagine they will be. I love all of your drink choices a lot, but then again, there are very few I probably would think are delicious. ;)
I'm a rum girl. If it's a rum drink, I'm probably gonna be happy with it. :rotfl: Other liquors, I approach with caution!

Last edited:
No time to read and actually catch up, but wanted to let you know I'm here, too. :)

No time to read and actually catch up, but wanted to let you know I'm here, too. :)
Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome: I'm glad you made it! :hug:

You haven't missed much. So far just a lot of me rambling about food that I don't get to eat until over a year from now. :rotfl:

I think they DO serve it at the Dawa bar!

I don't see the African Rum Runner on the Dawa Bar menu, but I bet they'd make one up for us. The Lost on Safari - Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Pink Pigeon Mauritian Rum, and our refreshing Pangani Punch, looks like a winner.
animal-kingdom-dawa-bar-lost-on-safari-595x625 (595x625).jpg
*DisneyFoodBlog.com*

And yes, staying at AKL is the perfect time to check out Boma! Maybe it's because I've been heading over there for a meal on every trip since 2002, but it just doesn't seem that out-of-the way to me for some weird reason! :confused3

Yeah, I really won't have any excuse for not going there since I'll have a rental car in November and in February. I just kind of liked the idea of saving some experiences for when I stay at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter