Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Ya'll are SO funny! I said I've lost ALMOST 40 lbs... Soooooo low 30s. Not quite 40 yet. But thank you for all of the congrats and celebrating, albeit prematurely! :rotfl:

Miss you happy to see your back! That's all
Thanks, Booboo! :hug:

Yay! Happy you are back :) Though I definitely understand getting busy with other stuff!
I'd rather NOT be busy with other stuff! I miss my DIS pals! :sad:

Happy to see you back on here and I'm looking forward to your next big update! :thumbsup2
I'm looking forward to it too, if Disney will ever gimme my dang park hours! :laughing:

Glad to see you back! I've missed you! :hug:
I've missed you too, punkin'! :hug:

Yay! You're alive!
I mean, I suspected that you probably were, but it's good to know for sure.
I am, and if you were on FACEBOOK, you would know that! o_O

Uh-oh. Sounds ... complicated.
It is. I'm displeased. But it is what it is. At least I'm getting my big solo trip four months before the multi-family stress-fest in February... But more on that later!

It's important to find what works best for you ... slow training is better than no training. Listen to your body, and you'll get there eventually. You have time.
I know. The problem is now I'm starting to get lazy and make excuses not to go some days. Slacking is a slippery slope, I tell ya! :scared:

I had that last year ... it's hard to jump in when people are talking about the longer distances. But once you do start getting into the conversation, people are really supportive. Everyone has to start somewhere, and for most people, that was a 5K - so many of them remember the difficulty of training for that first 5K.
I suppose you're right. It's just really intimidating!

Yay!
(If you're wondering what happened to the pounds you lost ... I found 10 of them :()
Well, for what it's worth, you can keep them! Don't you dare send them back to me! :P

You can also get race-related stickers for your car!!
(Yes, I am an enabler)
Oh man! NEED MOAR SWAG. :hyper:

Dang! You go, Girl! 40 lbs is beyond awesome! So, SO proud of you!
ALMOST 40... Closer to 30 still... Hoping to see 35 anyday now... :rotfl:

Good to see you on here, I was wondering where you were :)
I wandered off and got lost! :laughing:

"Big update"...can't wait!
Me either! I'm excited to write it... Any day now... Soon as I get my dang park hours!

I need your spreadsheet! :)
I lost your email! PM it to me!

Have the October park hours come out yet? I'm trying to be patient but plans must be made!

giphy.gif
Noooooooooooope! I'm anxiously awaiting them... It should be any day now! I refresh the Disney travel agent portal multiple times daily, hoping to see them pop up! GIMME GIMME GIMME! :scared:

Caught up. Now waiting for you to post again.
Tell Disney to hurry up and post my park hours so that I can do an update!

Oh I'm sure we'll figure something out! We still have a few months! lol
We absolutely will! ::yes::

I am, and if you were on FACEBOOK, you would know that! o_O

I'm on facebook (like 24/7), I'm just not friends with anyone on facebook. Other than people I went to high school with. Which is why I don't care that much about facebook.

Oh man! NEED MOAR SWAG. :hyper:

Yeah, races are full of the swag. Either come with lots of money or avoid the official merchandise area of the expo.

Also, I forgot to mention this ... there is a theory going around that Snow White may be the theme for next year's Princess Weekend. It has something to do with the mile markers at this year's race.
We won't know anything official for another few months, but ... that's a theory that people have.

Paaaaaaark houuuuuuuuuurssssssss.

That's all I think.... all day....
You and me both, girl! The wait is KILLING me! :scared:

I'm on facebook (like 24/7), I'm just not friends with anyone on facebook. Other than people I went to high school with. Which is why I don't care that much about facebook.
Facebook is the only social media I'm into. I've tried Twitter and Instagram and Tumblr and Pintrest and whatever else the kids are into these days, but they just never stick! FB is it for me, I guess!

Yeah, races are full of the swag. Either come with lots of money or avoid the official merchandise area of the expo.
I heard that the Expo was pretty insane this year. People getting into fights over shoes and jackets and water cups, etc. I ain't about dat life. :laughing:

Also, I forgot to mention this ... there is a theory going around that Snow White may be the theme for next year's Princess Weekend. It has something to do with the mile markers at this year's race.
We won't know anything official for another few months, but ... that's a theory that people have.
I read that, possibly on the PHM thread! I'm neither excited nor disappointed. I'm pretty ambivalent about Snow White. (Though one of my best face character interactions did happen with Snow White, back in 2009 at her M&G in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. So there's that, I guess!)

34 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
154 days until FP+! :cutie:
213 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Long time, no ME! I know! :cutie: Sorry for dropping off the grid. At work, things have been SO busy, and at home, my new Kindle has been SO distracting! Books, glorious books! I'mma nerd-out for a moment, as I just finished two really good trilogies back-to-back...

DSB_final_6_1.jpg

The Daughter of Smoke & Bone Trilogy
I actually found out about this one right here on the DIS a while back, over on @Chicago Mo 's PTR. I think, if memory serves, that @ALEXandFAB recommended it, and it sounded like something up my alley, so I decided to pick it up and give it a try. I loved it! The only thing I didn't dig was that the second book was pretty slow until towards the end, at least I thought so. But the rest was really well-paced. Definitely recommend for anybody who likes dark fantasy!

magicians.jpg

The Magicians Trilogy
I was introduced to this one by, of all things, the SyFy Channel. Even though it's not really science fiction, but very much fantasy. Anyhow, they started airing a show this year based on the books, and it looked interesting, so I started DVRing it. I got as far at the 3rd episode, and was kinda feeling like "This show actually sorta sucks. But I feel like maybe it's because it's being written/directed badly, not because the story is bad. Maybe I should check out the books." So I did. And it turns out that like 70% of what's in the show never actually happened in the books. And the books are actually surprisingly good! The first one was a bit slow to get through until the end, but later as the trilogy progresses you kinda appreciate all stuff that you read during that slow period in the beginning more. And I LOVED the second book, and the third book was pretty excellent, too. I just finished the series last night, and felt it had a very satisfying ending. Also, if you were ever a fan of the Narnia books as a kid, like I was (and still am), you'll have even more of a connection to this series. But once again, definitely much more on the dark fantasy side.

So THAT's what's been keeping me away from ya'll recently! I'm now reading a fluffy little Star Wars book... It's a collection of three short stories that depict what Finn, Rey, and Poe were up to shortly before we meet them in The Force Awakens. Sometimes after doing a lot of kinda chunky heavy dark reading, like these last two trilogies, I like to take a breather and just read something stand-alone and light to catch my breath before jumping into the next series. (Up next is either the "Tir Alainn" trilogy, or the "The Others" series, both by Anne Bishop. I haven't decided which one yet.)

il1yesdofGlZ6.gif

Okay, so! Enough book rambling! I know what you're all here for! You want a DISNEY update, don't you? Yes, you do! And I want to talk about Disney! So away we go!

For my December 2015 trip, I did my spreadsheet and my itinerary based on the 2014 hours for that month. I was all nervous that the real park hours would come out, and that I would have to completely re-do everything! But then they did, and it turned out that I didn't need to change ANYTHING. It worked out absolutely perfectly!

So when I did my itinerary for this upcoming October 2016 trip, I used the same method, and planned it all out using the 2015 park hours for that month. So yesterday, the real October park hours for this year were finally released... AND EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT. I ended up have to re-do my entire itinerary... Literally. I wiped it clean and started over from scratch. The only thing that survived was my ADR wishlist, but all the dates/times had to be re-assigned. All told, it ended up bring like a two-hour project!

What's that? You, you want to SEE the finalized itinerary plan, then? Man, ya'll are so greedy! :laughing:

Oct16%20Itinerary%20v3.png

So, some notes:

1. As you can see, I decided to do that thing where I drive down the day before and stay off-property, that way I can get a jump on the action the next day! Also, I've been wanting to have dinner at Texas de Brazil, which is closer to Universal, and I figure this would be the ideal night to do it. Om nom nom.

2. I can't believe I'm not going to Magic Kingdom OR Epcot until the FOURTH day that I'm in town! Normally I try to start my trip at MK at least, but the park hours being what they were, it actually worked out better to just do it the way I have it. Oh well! No regrets! :thumbsup2

3. I love evening EMH at Epcot and I didn't want to miss it, which meant moving my MNSSHP date from 10/25 to 10/23. I hope Sundays aren't crazy crowded! :scared:

4. I left lots of room in there for Food & wine festival noms!

5. The Rivers of Light timing is approximate. I know it'll be up and running by then, so whatever time it ends up actually being, I'll adjust to accommodate.

6. Now if they'll just hurry up and release the dang MNSSHP party dates, I'll feel much better about all of this!

7. Let me know if ya'll notice any anomalies or faux pas that I've overlooked! :scratchin I keep going over and over it, expecting to find some sort of catastrophe waiting to happen...

IW7oZF4MGJsfS.gif

And finally, just one quick little fitness update... Still not making any progress on the walking speed (in fact, I keep bailing out on the treadmill more and more lately... bad Billie!), but I have lost 35 lbs since January 1st. So that's a victory, at least! :hyper:

Thanks for still being here, despite my gross neglect of all your threads! I love ya'll still, I promise! I just need more hours in the day! :rolleyes1

Last edited:
I loved it!

So happy you liked it!! And yes, the second book was a wee bit slow for me too.

I've been wanting to have dinner at Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil is EVERYTHING. Each time we're in Las Vegas (1-2x per year) we book a table at their location there. DELICIOUS food and super easy to stay on the low carb train so long as you resist their cheese bread balls, which I most definitely DO NOT do :laughing:.

I have lost 35 lbs since January 1st
:banana::banana::banana: <---- look how happy those dancin' bananas are for you!! That's terrific Billie - congrats!

I'm slowly starting to work on our vacation spreadsheet too. It's all formatted and ready to go. Just need to add all the details once hours and crowd calendars are released.

Way to go on 35 lbs...that is really a huge accomplishment!!

Love your plans as always...the spreadsheet is purty....:) I'm excited to hear more about Rivers of Light. Also Texas De Brazil...sounds fantastic. We have something similar in Toronto and it is so good...they have this roasted pineapple thing...if you are into pineapple? I hope they have that there too :)

Up next is either the "Tir Alainn" trilogy, or the "The Others" series, both by Anne Bishop. I haven't decided which one yet

As a huge Anne Bishop fan, I have to recommend The Others series. But that's assuming you've read her Black Jewels books, which are not at all related but are absolutely fabulous. I personally couldn't really get in to the Tir Alainn books, but that might just be me! I love seeing other people like my favorite authors :P I know she's sold tons of books, but my best friend is the only other person I know who even knows about Anne Bishop!

So yesterday, the real October park hours for this year were finally released... AND EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT. I ended up have to re-do my entire itinerary

Ahhh! This is the worst :/ I'm glad it worked out ok, but that just seems super stressful! But it seems like you have tons of fun things on your list!!

I have lost 35 lbs since January 1st. So that's a victory, at least! :hyper:

Go you!!! That's so exciting :)

So you do know that they released MNSSHP dates, right? Or a least Kenny the Pirate had them on his website/FB page.
Sunday for the party should be a good day...better than Friday or Saturday that's for sure!

So happy you liked it!! And yes, the second book was a wee bit slow for me too.
Good to know it wasn't just me! :laughing:

Texas de Brazil is EVERYTHING. Each time we're in Las Vegas (1-2x per year) we book a table at their location there. DELICIOUS food and super easy to stay on the low carb train so long as you resist their cheese bread balls, which I most definitely DO NOT do :laughing:.
I've been wanting to go to one for like TEN years! (And during October 20-28, there is no diet. I'm flinging myself off the wagon!) I'm waaaaay overdue, so it's totally worth it to me to drive down a day early! Plus I get extra park time the next day!

:banana::banana::banana: <---- look how happy those dancin' bananas are for you!! That's terrific Billie - congrats!
Then bananas move better than I do! :rotfl:

I'm slowly starting to work on our vacation spreadsheet too. It's all formatted and ready to go. Just need to add all the details once hours and crowd calendars are released.
Be sure to share it! I love geekin' over some spreadsheets! :goodvibes

Thanks!!! :D

Love your plans as always...the spreadsheet is purty....:) I'm excited to hear more about Rivers of Light. Also Texas De Brazil...sounds fantastic. We have something similar in Toronto and it is so good...they have this roasted pineapple thing...if you are into pineapple? I hope they have that there too :)
I love pineapples! I'm going to try EVERYTHING!!!! :hyper:

Thank you!! :-)

Girl, I'mma try ALL the things!!!! :D

As a huge Anne Bishop fan, I have to recommend The Others series. But that's assuming you've read her Black Jewels books, which are not at all related but are absolutely fabulous. I personally couldn't really get in to the Tir Alainn books, but that might just be me! I love seeing other people like my favorite authors :P I know she's sold tons of books, but my best friend is the only other person I know who even knows about Anne Bishop!
I'm a big fan, actually. I first read the Black Jewels Trilogy over a decade ago, and I've been crazy for her ever since. I have all nine books in that series, and I've also read her Ephemera trilogy (which doesn't get great reviews, but I really enjoyed it). I've been meaning to read Tir Alainn and The Others, but just haven't come around to it until now. (And despite the fact that I've heard/read nothing but awesome reviews of The Others, I have a tendency to instinctually avoid werewolf/vampire/etc stuff because I find it corny as hell. It's just not my thing at all. BUT because it's Anne Bishop, I'm willing to give it a chance. Eventually.)

Ahhh! This is the worst :/ I'm glad it worked out ok, but that just seems super stressful! But it seems like you have tons of fun things on your list!!
Not gonna lie... At first I panicked. And then I enjoyed the crap out of the next two hours of re-doing everything. I love this stuff. :laughing:

Go you!!! That's so exciting :)
Thanks!! :-)

:tigger::mickeyjum Yea!!! Thanks so much!! You made my day!!:donald::stitch:
My pleasure!!! :cutie:

So you do know that they released MNSSHP dates, right? Or a least Kenny the Pirate had them on his website/FB page.
Sunday for the party should be a good day...better than Friday or Saturday that's for sure!
Are those officially released dates? Or just guestimates based on the park hours and the nights that they have MK showing as closing at 7pm? (Which are typically a great way to figure it out, but I'm not content until I see the OFFICIAL dates from Disney!)

Last edited:
Yea for park hours! I'm actually a little bit surprised because they aren't showing any really late nights ( EMH) for Late September or even June at MK. I wonder if they will amend them as time gets closer. I also noticed NO wishes fireworks on the October schedule???! I hope this changes too. :confused3.

Love the idea of driving down the day before and getting to Disney bright and early! I'm also thinking about doing MNSSHP on a Sunday and was wondering how crowd levels would be, I'm hoping that since mine is early in the month (10/2) that it should be ok.

35 lbs is amazing!!!:cool1: You go girl!

On the subject of books have you ever read "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern? I thought it was pretty good, a little slow to get going but I really enjoyed it. I totally get you, I go on reading benders sometimes too, but I typically go for mindless stuff by Meg Cabot or Fanny Flagg. I've been wanting to revisit the HP books too, it's been forever since I've read them.

I'm off to study park hours and try and get my ADR's for Sept/October buttoned up, ADR day is in 2 weeks! Eeeekkk!

Yea for park hours! I'm actually a little bit surprised because they aren't showing any really late nights ( EMH) for Late September or even June at MK. I wonder if they will amend them as time gets closer. I also noticed NO wishes fireworks on the October schedule???! I hope this changes too. :confused3.
Yeah, I'm sure we'll see that all get tweaked and updated once the MNSSHP dates are officially released. For me the biggest need for park hours is to know what park is doing which EMHs on which days. I like to take advantage of as many as I can, in general. With one glaring exception this time: After the NIGHTMARE crowds at MK on EMH night in December, this time I took special care to avoid evening EMH there, and go the following morning (since the theory is that the morning after an EMH night at a park is particularly dead because so many people were just there the night before). :scratchin

Love the idea of driving down the day before and getting to Disney bright and early!
I've done this twice before (Sept 2014 and April 2015) and both times it worked out EXCELLENT for me! :thumbsup2

I'm also thinking about doing MNSSHP on a Sunday and was wondering how crowd levels would be, I'm hoping that since mine is early in the month (10/2) that it should be ok.
Yeah, I'm also concerned because I'm going so close to Halloween itself. I hope it isn't insane!!! :scared:

35 lbs is amazing!!!:cool1: You go girl!
Thanks, honey! :hug:

On the subject of books have you ever read "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern? I thought it was pretty good, a little slow to get going but I really enjoyed it. I totally get you, I go on reading benders sometimes too, but I typically go for mindless stuff by Meg Cabot or Fanny Flagg. I've been wanting to revisit the HP books too, it's been forever since I've read them.
I haven't heard of it! So I just pulled it up on Amazon, and I'll likely download it soon! (I do, however, do an annual re-read of Harry Potter, usually around the Holidays. :laughing: )

I'm off to study park hours and try and get my ADR's for Sept/October buttoned up, ADR day is in 2 weeks! Eeeekkk!
Ahhhhh! How exciting! :hyper:

Last edited:
Your plans look great, I wish they'd officially release the MNSSHP dates as I need to know for early September :rotfl2:

Congrats on losing 35 pounds, that's 2 and a half stone in my language which is absolutely amazing. Persevere with the tread mill :)

So yesterday, the real October park hours for this year were finally released... AND EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT. I ended up have to re-do my entire itinerary... Literally.

So much yes. This is exactly where I'm at right now.

giphy (2).gif

3. I love evening EMH at Epcot and I didn't want to miss it, when meant moving my MNSSHP date from 10/25 to 10/23. I hope Sundays aren't crazy crowded! :scared:

I think we're going to leave our MNSSHP night as the 25th. I've heard Thursdays are the worst, followed by Sundays. I think I got spoiled by the low crowds last time.

I'm a big fan, actually. I first read the Black Jewels Trilogy over a decade ago, and I've been crazy for her ever since. I have all nine books in that series, and I've also read her Ephemera trilogy (which doesn't get great reviews, but I really enjoyed it). I've been meaning to read Tir Alainn and The Others, but just haven't come around to it until now. (And despite the fact that I've heard/read nothing but awesome reviews of The Others, I have a tendency to instinctually avoid werewolf/vampire/etc stuff because I find it corny as hell. It's just not my thing at all. BUT because it's Anne Bishop, I'm willing to give it a chance. Eventually.)

I really liked the Ephemera series, too! Though I think I still need to read the last of them...oops. I'm behind on all my authors :P And I think the Others is an interesting take on the whole werewolf/supernatural thing, and that's from someone who reads a lot of it! It might not be for you, but I think the kindle versions are pretty affordable so if you don't like them, it's not like it's a huge investment. I actually need to get hard copies - those are the only books of hers I don't have in a physical form. And now I'm sitting here wanting to re-read Black Jewels. So good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter