• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

I'm about to be! Last night I broke down and bought a KINDLE. I've always sworn off e-books, plus I don't like reading on a tablet because of the glare. But my bookshelves are overflowing at this point, so a friend talked me into checking out eReaders. I really like the Kindle Paperwhite, but didn't want to pay $120 for something I may end up not even sticking with. So I went on eBay last night and got a gently used one with cables included for only $60! According to the description, it's being sold by a college student who randomly won it as a door prize at a campus event, used it a couple times, then never touched it again. I'm EXCITED! It should be here next week! :hyper:

I love my Kindle. I am actually on my second one. The first didn't have the backlight, then DH bought a Paperwhite for me. DS got my hand-me-down:) It's great if you read a lot. On trips, it's so nice to have multiple books, even guidebooks, without the bulk of paper. I can't stand reading on a normal screen, but the e-ink is so nice and doesn't bother my eyes at all. I am on a computer almost all day, so it's actually a break on my eyes to read it. Plus, it's so nice to be able to just buy a book whenever you want. If something comes to mind, you can buy it and have it for when you have finished reading your current book. Also, it's actually more environmentally friendly since it doesn't use paper, and I find it easier on my hand/wrists since I have carpal-tunnel syndrome. I keep mine in my purse, and it allows me to read when I have a few minutes here and there, like in line.

Don't be so hard on yourself about the exercise and diet. If it were easy, we would all be skinny supermodels;) Just do what you can and try not to go off your diet too much. If you are like me, then you just hate yourself for it and might eat even more poorly. You do have illnesses that are going to be against. Some days will be great and some will be bad. Just remember when you have felt good on the days when you feel bad.

Last edited:
Ya hey there!
So on the diet thing.. You know i lost 50 pounds.. then splat... I started to eat like a fool again. Which ya know what? SO WHAT! Just go back on it start over. so nice about about this.. just go back no one to judge.
Tonight (as long as i don't have to work) i start working out. WITH MY KIDS! So don't get discouraged. take it slow. your friend was right. You have a couple of pain things against you. Then you are trying to get your body back to use. just take it slow it's not a race.
I Love slim jims too.. they help.

I'm EXCITED! It should be here next week!

I was the same way. I LOVE a book. a real book in my hands the smell the feel everything about a true book.
I have an entire basement FILLED with books. then had the house fire.
I HAD to replace a few but then my husband got me the kindle.. It is so convenient for one touch and POOF the book is right there and not to mention cheaper...

I can't wait for you to get it!!! and it can easily fit on a treadmill as your walking slowly!

I really wish the thread watch could actually keep me updated on all my threads - it seems to alert me randomly :/ But I'm all caught up now :D

But I learned that I can't worry about how it "looks" to other people anymore... They don't know my life!

So true! You just have to do what is best for you :)

Very slowly. My weightloss is still stalled, it seems. I thought I had lost 5 more pounds, but then 2 of them came back. So I'm at 15lbs down, I guess. The struggle is real! :laughing:

You know, it's really difficult. I've been stuck around the same weight for a few months it seems like - and it's very slowly coming down again, but not as fast as I want. However, I've started making goals that don't have anything to do with my weight, and I think I'll do the same for the WISH challenge next month - failing at lbs lost every month is discouraging. But I've been focusing on things like trying new healthy recipes, making my exercise more consistent, and adding in water to my daily diet coke habit. I feel like focusing on stuff like that has made it more about health and less about the weight, so I have other milestones to feel good about.

Plus, sometimes you have to embrace the non-scale victory :) My weight hasn't changed much in the past few weeks, but I noticed that my gym pants were a bit looser - so even though the scale isn't changing, something is changing :)

Also, I know you may not want to get into data tracking, but I've heard really good things about an app called Happy Scale - it tracks the trend line of your weight, so even with the fluctuations that can seem extreme, it shows you the general trend, which can be more encouraging than seeing the number vary a lot :)

Didn't mean for this to become a novel - but I totally understand the struggle! I've been trying to lose the same 25-30 lb off and on for years, and it's hard.

I would like to FEEL better and be able to at least do the occasional 5K! :goodvibes

Yay!! And yes, feeling better is an awesome goal :) I've basically decided that I'm going to be doing Princess next year, whatever it takes! I saw all the posts from this weekend and it just seems like such a perfect time to do a race :) Plus, it would be a nice dose of Disney between this May trip and our May 2017 trip :P

Yes, I read that too! I'm actually taking registration day off from work so that I can be home and on the computer the moment registration opens. I'm treating it just like I do with booking ADRS! ::yes::

OK, reminding myself to do this if it is at all possible for me. Right now I'm teaching, and it's very difficult to take days off for random stuff - but I've applied for a new job where that might be a possibility. This is the part that scares me, that I'll get so excited about a Disney race and then registration will sell out too fast :(

Last night I broke down and bought a KINDLE.

Fun fun fun!! I go back and forth with my Kindle - I have an Ipad mini, so a lot of the time I end up using it to read instead since it's convenient. But I really love the Kindle screen since it doesn't bother my eyes as much and simulates books a lot better than the Ipad does. I just have to remember to actually load book on it a lot of the time :P Hope you enjoy!

Popping in to say a friendly hello. :) How is the treadmill going??
Hello! I know, I need to do an update. The treadmill... BLAH. I got lazy last week. Back on the wagon today, though!

Hi! Found your ptr and read it all! Everything sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to read more!
Hooray! :welcome:

Exciting! I was dead set against e-books, and then DH ordered a kindle for me for my birthday. I complained to all the girls at work about the kindle that I was being given for my birthday, only to find out that he ordered it for himself, and then I found that I was jealous! I waited a few more months before ordering mine. Hope you find some good books, and there are occasional freebies that aren't too bad either.
That's HILARIOUS that you thought he bought it for YOU when it was actually for himself. :rotfl:

Well I think you are doing the right thing by still incorporating some activity, but pacing yourself as well. I reached a top speed of 6.5 mph in intervals, and then found that I was getting shin splints, so I decided that walking was better for me. Lifestyle changes are not easy, so keep being proud of everything you've done and good for you for forging ahead!
I got lazy and only got on the treadmill once last week. Blah. Stuck to the diet though, so that's something! Back to the gym tonight!

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the weight loss and treadmill, Billie. I can definitely relate. I'm starting Slim Fast today and hoping that will keep me on track and help me get my weight loss in gear. In terms of the exercise, I have a rowing machine that is great for low impact cardio, I just need to start using it regularly. Do you have access to one at your gym? Swimming is also low impact and a great work out. Try not to get too discouraged (I know, much easier said than done) because you have definitely made progress that is making you healthier each step of the way! I have to tell myself this regularly. :hug:
A couple weeks ago, I switched my breakfast on work mornings to the Atkins meal replacement shakes, and it's going pretty well for me. They have one that's coffee-flavored, and getting off of iced coffees in the mornings was one of my big challenges when I started all this, and I've really missed it. The coffee shake doesn't have caffeine, but it at least gives me the taste I missed, so that's comforting! :goodvibes

I finally got around to editing and updating both reports. Though there is still more of the day to come.
I'll get over there to read soon! I hope! I'm terrible at keeping up! :crazy2:

I love my Kindle. I am actually on my second one. The first didn't have the backlight, then DH bought a Paperwhite for me. DS got my hand-me-down:) It's great if you read a lot. On trips, it's so nice to have multiple books, even guidebooks, without the bulk of paper. I can't stand reading on a normal screen, but the e-ink is so nice and doesn't bother my eyes at all. I am on a computer almost all day, so it's actually a break on my eyes to read it. Plus, it's so nice to be able to just buy a book whenever you want. If something comes to mind, you can buy it and have it for when you have finished reading your current book. Also, it's actually more environmentally friendly since it doesn't use paper, and I find it easier on my hand/wrists since I have carpal-tunnel syndrome. I keep mine in my purse, and it allows me to read when I have a few minutes here and there, like in line.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to trying it out for all the reasons you mentioned! I dunno if I'll be able to carry mine everywhere (my small purse is already too full), but I do have the Kindle app on my phone, and I know I can access my books from either device. I don't LOVE reading on my phone, but in small doses, I don't mind. So if I'm working with eBooks and even if my Kindle is at home and I'm stuck somewhere (like waiting at the doctor's office), I can still pull whatever book I'm currently invested in up on my phone and read a bit while I wait! :thumbsup2

Don't be so hard on yourself about the exercise and diet. If it were easy, we would all be skinny supermodels;) Just do what you can and try not to go off your diet too much. If you are like me, then you just hate yourself for it and might eat even more poorly. You do have illnesses that are going to be against. Some days will be great and some will be bad. Just remember when you have felt good on the days when you feel bad.
Thankfully, I'm still sticking to the diet, I'm just getting discouraged on the exercise front. It's just a funk, though. I'll push through. I let myself be lazy last week, so today I'm back at it after work!

Ya hey there!
Hi, pretty! :hug:

So on the diet thing.. You know i lost 50 pounds.. then splat... I started to eat like a fool again. Which ya know what? SO WHAT! Just go back on it start over. so nice about about this.. just go back no one to judge.
I've been really good on the diet! NO CHEATING! Not since I started it 7 weeks ago! I have been tempted several times, but nope nope nope! I can even go to the Chinese buffet and resist the noodles (AND I LOVE ME SOME NOODLES), and I just stick to the meat and veggies!

Tonight (as long as i don't have to work) i start working out. WITH MY KIDS! So don't get discouraged. take it slow. your friend was right. You have a couple of pain things against you. Then you are trying to get your body back to use. just take it slow it's not a race.
I got lazy and discouraged with the exercise last week, and only went to the gym one day. So today I'm forcing myself to suck it up and get back on the treadmill after work tonight! I gave my legs 6 days of rest, so now no more excuses! Because it IS a race for me... sorta. Training for that Princess 5K race one year from now! princess:

I Love slim jims too.. they help.
You know, I haven't checked out Slim Jims! I did look at a LOT of different beef jerky bags, but they all had a surprisingly large number of carbs. I can only assume that there's sugar used in the curing process. But I didn't think to check Slim Jims! At home when I'm feeling snacky, I will pop in a Better Cheddar (smoked sausage with cheese) in the microwave and nom on that. I keep pork rinds at home, also. And I keep the Atkins snack bars in my desk at work, those help too!

I was the same way. I LOVE a book. a real book in my hands the smell the feel everything about a true book.
YES! THIS! ALL OF THIS! ::yes::

I have an entire basement FILLED with books. then had the house fire.
I HAD to replace a few but then my husband got me the kindle.. It is so convenient for one touch and POOF the book is right there and not to mention cheaper...
I've been find that the books I read, the Kindle edition always seems to cost about the same as the paperback version, so $6-$10 in most cases. That's one of the things that's deterred me for so long... I have a hard time with spending that kind of money but not getting anything physical to show for it! But I do like the idea of being able to have instant access to new books rather than waiting for them to be shipped to me. So I figured I'd give a try and see how it goes! :thumbsup2

I can't wait for you to get it!!! and it can easily fit on a treadmill as your walking slowly!
That was my hope too... that maybe I can read while I work out! (I'm also considering maybe getting a tablet so I can watch shows and stuff on the treadmill, too!) :scratchin

I really wish the thread watch could actually keep me updated on all my threads - it seems to alert me randomly :/ But I'm all caught up now :D
Don't even worry about it! I know I'm WEEKS behind on everybody's threads! :guilty:

So true! You just have to do what is best for you :)
You got that right, girl! ::yes::

You know, it's really difficult. I've been stuck around the same weight for a few months it seems like - and it's very slowly coming down again, but not as fast as I want. However, I've started making goals that don't have anything to do with my weight, and I think I'll do the same for the WISH challenge next month - failing at lbs lost every month is discouraging. But I've been focusing on things like trying new healthy recipes, making my exercise more consistent, and adding in water to my daily diet coke habit. I feel like focusing on stuff like that has made it more about health and less about the weight, so I have other milestones to feel good about.
I wish that kind of stuff felt as rewarding for me! You're awesome!

Plus, sometimes you have to embrace the non-scale victory :) My weight hasn't changed much in the past few weeks, but I noticed that my gym pants were a bit looser - so even though the scale isn't changing, something is changing :)
I'm so large that at this point, I'm still not feeling or seeing any differences at all. So numbers, be they on the scale or on the treadmill, is my only proof right now that it's WORKING! I need at least one set of numbers to be going in the right direction, dangit! :laughing:

Also, I know you may not want to get into data tracking, but I've heard really good things about an app called Happy Scale - it tracks the trend line of your weight, so even with the fluctuations that can seem extreme, it shows you the general trend, which can be more encouraging than seeing the number vary a lot :)
I like the idea of that! I looked for something recently just to graph my weightloss but didn't find anything, so I'll definitely check that out, thanks!

Didn't mean for this to become a novel - but I totally understand the struggle! I've been trying to lose the same 25-30 lb off and on for years, and it's hard.
It's okay, I like novels! :hug:

Yay!! And yes, feeling better is an awesome goal :) I've basically decided that I'm going to be doing Princess next year, whatever it takes! I saw all the posts from this weekend and it just seems like such a perfect time to do a race :) Plus, it would be a nice dose of Disney between this May trip and our May 2017 trip :P
YAAAAAY! I'll be there, but just for the 5K. Maybe we'll have a DISmeet! :cutie:

OK, reminding myself to do this if it is at all possible for me. Right now I'm teaching, and it's very difficult to take days off for random stuff - but I've applied for a new job where that might be a possibility. This is the part that scares me, that I'll get so excited about a Disney race and then registration will sell out too fast :(
I always earn more vacation time than I actually take, and end up with Leave hours going into a "Use or Lose" status. My boss is well aware of this, and is happy to approve pretty much anything I ask for, just so long as it doesn't conflict with office/staffing needs. So taking that one day off won't be a big deal for me, thankfully. :goodvibes

Fun fun fun!! I go back and forth with my Kindle - I have an Ipad mini, so a lot of the time I end up using it to read instead since it's convenient. But I really love the Kindle screen since it doesn't bother my eyes as much and simulates books a lot better than the Ipad does. I just have to remember to actually load book on it a lot of the time :P Hope you enjoy!
Yeah, I've read on my Note 4 before, but the screen does bother my eyes, so I'm looking forward to trying reading on a Kindle instead! :thumbsup2

25 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
62 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
182 days until FP+! :cutie:
242 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I know, I know. Long time, no update! There really hasn't been much to talk about, though! Just derping along, counting down the days, and tweaking my spreadsheet. My ADR list has gotten pretty much out-of-control (and I like it that way)...

Oct16%20Itinerary%20v2.jpg

And in about 3 weeks, the official park hours will be released, and screw everything up. :laughing:

Oh oh oh! ALSO! This is exciting stuff right here... Since I'm going back just four months after this trip for a 5-night stay to visit the parks and do the Princess 5K in February 2017, I decided to run the numbers. Counting what I would spend on park hoppers and Memory Maker for both trips... I come out better financially if I just buy myself an ANNUAL PASS. So. That's what is going to happen. For the first time in my life, I'll be a Walt Disney World Annual Pass Holder! :goodvibes Even if I only use it for these two trips, it's still totally worth it... But let's be honest, I'll probably plan something for the beginning of next October so that I can be sure to get at least three trips out of it! :hyper: Because you know, I like to spend dat moneh moneh that I ain't got yet...

VTxmwaCEwSlZm.gif

Speaking of the February trip (which I am resisting creating a PTR for quite yet), there's been an interesting change there, as well. It all started with my Aunt Debby posting on my Facebook that they're ready to go back to Disney! So I gave her a call, told her that my October trip is a solo adventure, but invited her and my Uncle Mark to join me in February, and be my cheering section at the finish line... And they LOVE the idea! So they're going back to Disney World with me Feb. 20-25! (I would prefer to do the 5K then spend a few days park touring, but Mark's work schedule won't allow for it, so we'll have to do our park touring days leading up to the 5K day instead... Definitely gonna have to get my scooter after all so I don't wear myself down before race day!) And this time, their psuedo-adopted daughter (she was their neighbor when she was a teenager and they became like a second family to her, and still are 20 years later) is going to join us too, AND she is going to walk the 5K with me! :goodvibes I'm sure I'll be like the poor cat on the left...

WqmYGa2LjQlTG.gif

As for training for the 5K, I was super lazy last week. I was having a lot of pain in my legs out of no where (I think it was a combination of my Fibromyalgia plus pushing myself a little too hard), so I was dreading going. I ended up just letting my legs rest for 6 days. Forcing myself to go back tonight after work though, and get back into it! Hopefully the pain will have calmed down enough for me to push through! I'm going to start back slow and see how it goes.

So while my workouts have been frustrating, at least I have good news on the diet/weightloss side of things. I didn't think I was going to, as I got stuck and the needle on the scale wasn't moving for a while there... it even seemed to go up one day. But I'm very happy to announce that over the weekend I lost another 3 pounds, for a total loss over the last 7 weeks of 25 lbs!!! :hyper:

LSNqpYqGRqwrS.gif

In other news, a friend gave me her HBO Go login information so that I could FINALLY sit down and binge-watch all 5 seasons of Game of Thrones. I'd been wanting to watch it for years, but I kept telling myself I would wait and read the books first, but I never got around to it. And then when I read that they are continuing on with Season 6 this year even through the author isn't getting the books out fast enough... I said screw it, I'm watching the dang show. Ya'll, I'm COMPLETELY sucked in. I finished Season 4 last night (the finale was EPIC), and am dying to get home and start Season 5! (...After I go to the gym, of course. :rolleyes1 )

R9B9P4hRMYJr2.gif

Also, as some of you already saw in my replies, I broke down over the weekend and bought a KINDLE! I've always sworn off e-books, plus I don't like reading on a tablet because of the glare. But my bookshelves are overflowing at this point, so a friend talked me into checking out eReaders. I really like the Kindle Paperwhite, but didn't want to pay $120 for something I may end up not even sticking with. So I went on eBay last night and got a gently used one with cables included for only $60! According to the description, it's being sold by a college student who randomly won it as a door prize at a campus event, used it a couple times, then never touched it again. I'm EXCITED! It's already been shipped, I've been tracking the package, and it should be here in the next day or two! :D

dHVxDpN4GDEQw.gif

That's it for now. Toodles! :cutie:

Last edited:
Just came over to say :wave2:
Thankfully, I'm still sticking to the diet, I'm just getting discouraged on the exercise front. It's just a funk, though. I'll push through. I let myself be lazy last week, so today I'm back at it after work!
I've been really good on the diet! NO CHEATING! Not since I started it 7 weeks ago! I have been tempted several times, but nope nope nope! I can even go to the Chinese buffet and resist the noodles (AND I LOVE ME SOME NOODLES), and I just stick to the meat and veggies!
This is awesome! If taking a break from exercising is what keeps you going back to it, then that's the way to go :thumbsup2

So many exciting developments!!!
Nice to see that spreadsheet out again. And when I saw Rivers of Light, I just had to cross my fingers that it opens in time for me to see it.
So awesome that Mark and Debby will be cheering you on for the 5K. And that you'll have some walking companions.
And a big congratulations on the weight loss and sticking to it even when things are getting difficult.

Duh, didn't even see your last update before I wrote my last post :rolleyes:
For the first time in my life, I'll be a Walt Disney World Annual Pass Holder! :goodvibes
Yay! It's every exciting :goodvibes We were passholders last year for the first time; they expire next week. I didn't think we were going to renew since we weren't going to go back anymore this year after our trip last month. But then 2 weeks ago DH said something about going for Thanksgiving again and I was like.....what :listen: and then another kid-free trip in the next 12 months and I said :banana: and we booked our resort for Nov. and we're getting AP's again! The coolest thing is having the AP slider for your MB. I sometimes found myself flinging my wrist around to show it off like it was a 15ct. diamond :rotfl2:

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss. A little factoid that stuck in my head was that every pound lost relieves 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. Even if it's not totally accurate, it's this kind of 'every bit helps' that really comforts me and spurs me along in my own goals.

I am happy that you got a Kindle! I am also a book lover who thought I would never give up paper, but as someone who could read two books on a cross-country flight (each way), I now embrace having tons of stuff to read in one device instead of stuffing my purse full of books. I do use Kindle on my phone solely. My phone is ginormous and if I don't have to carry an extra device, it's better for me.

Your spreadsheet looks so much like mine, it's scary!! I just added a new tab for the Flower & Garden menus so we can decide our plan of attack.

How cool that your family is going with you again! Clearly you showed them a good time last time!

Seriously love your spreadsheet :lovestruc I've made one for our trip, but right now it just has which park we're going to and which restaurants. I have a hard enough time with just those things right now! I keep changing my mind on which restaurants to eat at. For us, this is a (kind of) once in a lifetime type trip. While that means we want to do it right.... it also means I'm trying to do EVERYTHING. It's not really once in a LIFEtime... we went 5 years ago, and we may go again in another 5 years. But we have young daughters that are PERFECT princess age. And in 5 years they'll be teenagers :sad: That's not to say we won't do Disney with them as teenagers... it's just a WHOLE different trip. So..... now that I've talked all about my trip... back to you ;)

Awesome weight loss! I've been inspired on Dis and on other social media to get back on the wagon. The Disney trip has a big part in that... so yay! :goodvibes

Looking forward to seeing the real park hours when they're released... and MNSSHP tickets! And free dining! lol So many unknowns stress me out. What did you base your EMH info off of? I've looked at predicted crowd levels, and that's what I based my park days off of, but I'm sure I'll have to move it allllllll around when they officially release everything. :faint:

25 pounds down in 7 weeks is super impressive - well done!! :thumbsup2

That's exciting that you will have company for your Princess 5k trip! And it'll be nice to still have the solo time in October. I'm still jealous that you will be staying at the BC!

Good luck with the treadmill this evening! I hope it is kind to you. I started Slim Fast today and so far it's not too bad. I was worried I'd be so starving I would want to chew my arm off, but nope - so far, so good! :banana::rotfl:

I'm so large that at this point, I'm still not feeling or seeing any differences at all. So numbers, be they on the scale or on the treadmill, is my only proof right now that it's WORKING! I need at least one set of numbers to be going in the right direction, dangit! :laughing:

I can definitely see that being frustrating - but I know you can do it :) :) Having the confirmation that your work is paying off in some way is really important though - I totally hate the feeling that I'm just spinning my wheels and not accomplishing much, so hopefully with the rest your treadmill times can improve (and of course with everything else, hopefully the scale moves too)!

I come out better financially if I just buy myself an ANNUAL PASS

Yes!! Ours expire in September, so we're going to have to calculate the cost again - but if I do go down for Princess, it's definitely cheaper for me to get a pass (even without the Memory Maker) since we've got a May 2017 trip booked too. So I'm saving up a little at a time. We upgraded our honeymoon tickets to APs, so the cost of that was not as much considering my in-laws paid for the original tickets. The renewal cost for the AP is a little scary, but I know it makes more budget sense if we go even for a short trip in addition to the May trip. Remember to ask about discounts - I tend to forget and then kick myself for it later :P

So they're going back to Disney World with me Feb. 20-25!
AHHHH!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: That's so exciting :D And it's great that you'll have a partner to walk with :)

grand total loss over the last 7 weeks of 25 lbs!!! :hyper: I'm pretty happy about that!

Woo hoo! Success!!! So glad for you that you're seeing progress :)

I kept telling myself I would wait and read the books first, but I never got around to it.

Yeah, I read the books and have basically given up. I don't think the next book is going to see the light of day before HBO finishes the show off however they want, so I don't think you're probably missing too much by starting the show. It is awesome, though I've only seen the first two seasons (like I said, I got a little fed up after reading all the books). But it's supposed to be wonderful :)

I come out better financially if I just buy myself an ANNUAL PASS. So. That's what is going to happen. For the first time in my life, I'll be a Walt Disney World Annual Pass Holder! :goodvibes

:cheer2: Yay for the annual pass! I'd love to get an annual pass if only because it would mean I'd be going on at least 2 trips in one year. :laughing:

invited her and my Uncle Mark to join me in February and be my cheering section at the finish line... And they LOVE the idea! So they're going back to Disney World with me Feb. 20-25!

It's so great that they'll be joining you and cheering you on. :thumbsup2 And someone to walk with, too. Score!

Forcing myself to go back tonight after work though, and get back into it! Hopefully the pain will have calmed down enough for me to push through! I'm going to start back slow and see how it goes.

:worship:

So while my workouts have been frustrating, at least I have good news on the diet/weightloss side of things. I didn't think I was going to, as I got stuck and the needle wasn't moving for a while there... it even seemed to go up one day. But I'm very happy that over the weekend I lost another 3 pounds, for a grand total loss over the last 7 weeks of 25 lbs!!! :hyper: I'm pretty happy about that!

So happy for you, Billie!! :cool1:

I'm so excited for you...an AP...how awesome is that!!! I've always be tempted to buy one just so that I'd have an "excuse" for lots of trips lol. Way to go on getting back on that exercise wagon...it is always a challenge.

Regarding the e-reader...I have a Kobo..which is the Canadian version of the kindle lol..but I love it. I hope that soon you will be as happy with it as I am...It's so great to go on a trip and be able to bring a bunch of books with you on there. Plus I love reading in bed with the backlight...even though they say that's no good for your sleep lol

I've never had an AP - are there other benefits beyond the ticket savings? Like discounts in gift shops and for meals?

I too had sworn off e-books but like you my house was overflowing with books and I no longer had any place to put them. I got my e-reader about a year ago and love it. It is also very useful when traveling, don't have to worry about books taking up room in my luggage. I still prefer a physical book though so I have been trying to borrow from the library more rather than purchasing them.

How fun that you have made Disney concerts out of your aunt and uncle!

Yeah! I love this post! First 25 pounds you go girl! :cheer2: Hope the gym went well last night!

Yeah for Uncle Mark and Aunt Debbie becoming Disney lovers, have a cheering section and Having a 5k partner!!!:cool1:

Annual pass!!!!!!!!:banana: I mean I'm not sure this even needs a comment! :cheer2:

When you plan your fall 2017 trip let me know I'm planning on too, and trying to figure out my dates, I have a few I am tossing around right now!

I had no idea you would walk the 5Ks at Disney....that just put it higher on my bucket list.

Congrats on everything! I got a tablet for Christmas but as of right now, all I use it for is playing games and grocery shopping.

We have our daily plans done (hoping to do a PTR update today) and the only time we match up right now is all day on the 23rd and the evening of MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter