• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Glad your gifts arrived in time and I hope your back is feeling better! The hazards of the holidays! lol

Well, there is now a winter storm warning for the area I'm flying to tomorrow evening. I need lots of pixie dust!

Work is slow today so I'll work on the money tree and let you know how it goes... :lmao:

12 people?! I would die. Planning for just 2 other people nearly killed me!

Our trip in 20 days goes 5 people (my kids, husband and me) for 4 days, 16 or 17 people for 3 days, 15 people for 2 more days, then 11 people for the last 2/3 days. It is going to be insane. Everyone is planned for though now!

I never actually have been like "OMG, I love the Poly!" But I did realize that they have a lot of things I enjoy. I made no less than 3 trips to it from AoA during my last vacation, either for food, drink or shopping.

They have such a nice gift shop, don't they? Plus 'Ohana and Trader Sam's and Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's and Trader Sam's...

I am forever behind on your TR, too! I'm awful!

It's OK. I'm only up to Day 5 so far. You have time to catch up! I just need to make sure it's done before I leave on 1/13. Eep! :sad2:

Exaaaaaactly. SOLO 4 LIFE.

It's been 2 years since my last solo trip and people still act like it's a weird thing to do. The SAME people asking the SAME questions gets really old.

My belly is a cavern of wonders.

I need this on a shirt.

I also look at it, and feel like perhaps I've over-scheduled myself a bit. (Who's surprised? Anybody? Show of hands? Bueller? Bueller?) :rotfl:
I must say that I'm shocked. You didn't strike me as the spreadsheet kinda girl. t really was expecting nice leisurely park days and just taking things as they come ; )

Signature
Yachtsman Steakhouse
So many good options, so little time to get it in. Definitely do Yachtsman if you can. We had the most perfect meal here, so perfect I'm afraid to go back and mess it up - but think we'll go for it finally next trip.

How is everybody coming along on their Holiday shopping, etc? I had to run some errands last night, and traffic was INSANE. I did almost all of my shopping at Amazon.com, and I'm STILL waiting on one box to come in, if you can believe it. It has both my mama and my best friend's gifts, and it was supposed to be here Friday. Very frustrated! >:( I went ahead wrapped everybody else's, so at least that's done. Just waiting on that one last box! Hopefully today, because I want to be DONE so I can relax!
While I'm here Merry Almost Christmas to you. Hope you got all your packages in. Me and Amazon prime were definitely good friends the last few weeks. We just finished up wrapping Casey's gifts while she was taking a bath so I guess that's a wrap ; )

Glad your gifts arrived in time and I hope your back is feeling better! The hazards of the holidays! lol
Everything worked out! The box arrived in time, and my back is all good today! :thumbsup2

Well, there is now a winter storm warning for the area I'm flying to tomorrow evening. I need lots of pixie dust!
I hope it all went well for you! I saw that you did make it safely, so that's a good thing!

Work is slow today so I'll work on the money tree and let you know how it goes... :lmao:
Get to planting, lady! We go Disney to plan and cars to buy! :laughing:

Our trip in 20 days goes 5 people (my kids, husband and me) for 4 days, 16 or 17 people for 3 days, 15 people for 2 more days, then 11 people for the last 2/3 days. It is going to be insane. Everyone is planned for though now!
Guuuuurl. You are clearly a better woman than I. I would have an anxiety attack! :rotfl:

You planned it all without consulting me! :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:
I know, I know. My first mistake! :sad:

They have such a nice gift shop, don't they? Plus 'Ohana and Trader Sam's and Tambu Lounge and Trader Sam's and Trader Sam's...
Trader Sams is the one thing I'm STILL trying to make it over to. They need to open earlier for us day drinkers!!! :drinking1

It's OK. I'm only up to Day 5 so far. You have time to catch up! I just need to make sure it's done before I leave on 1/13. Eep! :sad2:
As long as it stays slow at work, I'mma try to get caught up today, I promise!! :scared:

It's been 2 years since my last solo trip and people still act like it's a weird thing to do. The SAME people asking the SAME questions gets really old.
Right?! People just don't get it! The worst are the ones who act like it's some terrible and sad thing that I "have to" go to Disney World by myself. Then they REALLY don't get it when I inform them that actually, some family and friends have asked if they could join me on the next one, and I've politely told them NO. :rotfl: I love my solo time!

I need this on a shirt.
Bahahahaa! :lmao:

I must say that I'm shocked. You didn't strike me as the spreadsheet kinda girl. t really was expecting nice leisurely park days and just taking things as they come ; )
I know, I know, I'm full of surprises! Watch out!

So many good options, so little time to get it in. Definitely do Yachtsman if you can. We had the most perfect meal here, so perfect I'm afraid to go back and mess it up - but think we'll go for it finally next trip.
Oh, Yachtsman is staying on the list, no doubt. Your review from June pretty much sealed that deal for me. Plus since I'm staying right there at the Beach Club, I'm determined to go ahead and cross all BC/YC restaurants off the bucket list!

While I'm here Merry Almost Christmas to you. Hope you got all your packages in. Me and Amazon prime were definitely good friends the last few weeks. We just finished up wrapping Casey's gifts while she was taking a bath so I guess that's a wrap ; )
I hope you had a wonderful beautiful Christmas! :santa:

83 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
121 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
241 days until FP+! :cutie:
300 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okay, so first and foremost, let me say that regardless of what you celebrate, be it Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Solstice or Festivus or Wookiee Life Day... I hope that every single one of you have had wonderful, glorious, beautiful and happy holiday season! :cutie:

Mine was okay! I had to work a half-day on Christmas Eve, 9am-12:30pm. I brought donuts and cupcakes to work, and my co-worker Amyjoy brought cookies, and we pretty much just all hung out at the office until we were allowed to go. :rotfl: After, I went to lunch with my BFF Rachel and her hubby and kiddo (who is 12 years old and loves me because we read a lot of the same YA fiction and she can talk about it with me), and then we went to the movie theater and I finally got to see...

sw.png

...Aaaaaaaand I loved it. Way more than I thought I would, actually. I'm half-contemplating going to see it again. Definitely a fan!

After the movie, I met up with my parents over at my grandparents house, and we did our Christmas gift exchange. Our family has always done gifts on Christmas Eve, and dinner on Christmas Day. Most of my holiday loot arrived in the form of advanced cash moneh for the birthday trip I took to WDW at the beginning of the month. So mainly for me it was kicking back and watching my family open all their gifts, which was very relaxing! I did get $150 from my grandparents (which is going right towards my savings for this trip), and this enormous plushie from my Mama...

minnie.png

...Isn't she precious? ::MinnieMo I had to google a picture of her, since I didn't want to have to wait until I got home so I could take a picture before I could post this update. She's HUGE though, and looks adorable on my bed!

By the time I finally made it home on Christmas Eve, I was POOPED and crashed almost immediately. The next morning I got up and, after watching the Disney Parks Christmas Day special, I made a whole heaping mess of deviled eggs. My family swears that out of all of us, I'm the one who makes them the best because I make them super creamy and load them up with ranch and BACON. As such, they more or less force-choke me into making them for every holiday meal. And when I mentioned to Rachel the day before that I was being put on deviled egg duty again this year, she said she needed to know what was so special about them. So I made up a batch for her and her family while I was at it! She's supposed to pick them up from me today, so I hope she likes them!

Dinner was uneventful, the eggs were a hit as usual, then I spent a chunk of time teaching my Nana how to get started with the tablet she got from all of us for Christmas. Did I mention that I'm also my family's Tech Support? :laughing: I'm actually heading over to her house when I get off work in 5 hours or so, and picking up where we left off last night.

And to make this PTR update somewhat moderately relevant, can we just focus for the moment on the fact that today is exactly 300 DAYS until I'm back at Walt Disney World?! I think I'm actually going to do a 300-Days Dance now! Is that even a thing? If not, it should be!

tcfi.gif

I think that when counting down to a Disney trip, anytime you hit a benchmark of sorts, it's pretty exciting stuff, and totally needs to be celebrated! :goodvibes

Also, I know I need to address the fact that I have fallen WAY WAY WAAAAAAY behind on all of your threads! Thank you for sticking with me! I'm spending today trying to get caught up on as many as I can, and the effort will continue on through tonight and tomorrow if needed! It's HARD to catch up once you've fallen off the grid for a while! I'm glad you all love me enough to still be here and reading though! Ya'll are kinda the best! :hug:

And now I believe I'll wrap this post up with this truth that @STLMickeyMom shared with me on my FB last night...

no-pants-xstitch.jpg

Last edited:

Glad you had a nice Christmas Billie!

I had a "I hate pants" moment recently as well. Guess I get to join the club now. :laughing:

Sounds like a lovely Christmas eve.

I'm half-contemplating going to see it again. Definitely a fan!

I'm so happy to hear this. We bought tickets to go on December 30th right here in South Florida with my family. My hubby and DS have already seen it but they said they don't mind seeing it again with all of us. I'm so glad it is worth seeing twice!! I can't wait. And so far no one has spoiled it for me :) I have my Star Wars lounge pants ready to wear too lol

Oh and I love Minnie...so awesome!

300 days! WOOT! I missed my 300 day dance, but I"m okay with that. I'll make up for it with a 250 dance.

Sounds like a wonderful, family-filled kind of holiday. So happy you could take some time off to spend it with loved ones with good food and fun!

Okay, so first and foremost, let me say that regardless of what you celebrate, be it Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or Solstice or Festivus or Wookiee Life Day... I hope that every single one of you have had wonderful, glorious, beautiful and happy holiday season! :cutie:

Thank you, Billie! I hope you've had a wonderful holiday season as well!

...Aaaaaaaand I loved it. Way more than I thought I would, actually. I'm half-contemplating going to see it again. Definitely a fan!

I keep hearing this. Everyone seems to be loving it even more than they thought they would.
It's kinda making me think about seeing it, even though I have less than no interest in Star Wars.

OMG that Minnie is adorable!!!! Sounds like you got some pretty good loot (both before the trip and on Christmas).

Did I mention that I'm also my family's Tech Support? :laughing:

Yeah, I know this feeling.
(I mean, I'm lucky in that I have a brother who shares the responsibility, but ... he's out of the country until we leave for Disney, and while it's super easy to call him, there's a 7-hour time difference...)

And to make this PTR update somewhat moderately relevant, can we just focus for the moment on the fact that today is exactly 300 DAYS until I'm back at Walt Disney World?! I think I'm actually going to do a 300-Days Dance now! Is that even a thing? If not, it should be!

300 day dance is definitely a thing.
:banana:party::banana::cheer2::banana:party::banana:

Trader Sams is the one thing I'm STILL trying to make it over to. They need to open earlier for us day drinkers!!! :drinking1

That's one thing about Trader Sam's at DL. It opens at 11:30AM. A day drinker's paradise.

People just don't get it! The worst are the ones who act like it's some terrible and sad thing that I "have to" go to Disney World by myself

Totally! My grandmother ALWAYS says I need to get some friends to go with me. Thanks, I have friends...but it's not always feasible to plan trips together with funds, husbands, children, and work always getting in the way. They just don't get it, like you said. And traveling with friends has made me appreciate my solo time even more. This last trip my most relaxing afternoon was a solo jaunt to Tambu Lounge at the Poly.

I loved it too! So much that I saw it twice last Saturday. Once in the morning and then once in the afternoon.

Wookiee Life Day...

BWAH HA HA!!! :chewy:

What character are you looking forward to meeting? I hope you might get a chance to meet Marie from The Aristocats.

Glad you had a good holiday. We had a nice one, though everyone apparently came down with the plague. Fortunately we have 16 days to get better before Disney!

I love the Minnie she is super cute.

Happy to hear you had a great Christmas and got to see the new Star Wars movie! My sister and I have both seen it and loved it so we're watching the original three (one each night) with my parents and then we'll all go to see the new one this Tuesday. Can't wait!

Hooray for the 300 day mark also!!

Happy belated festivus glad you could celebrate with the rest of us ; )

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. And deviled eggs with ranch and bacon. Hell ya!!!!!! Hope you ate a bunch in 300 day celebration ; )

Glad you had a nice Christmas Billie!

I had a "I hate pants" moment recently as well. Guess I get to join the club now. :laughing:
Welcome to the club, Lessa! :p

Happy Holidays to you as well, Billie! We had the family over for small gifts and dinner last night, and the two little nieces screaming like banshee monkeys. Hahaha, I didn't know that my cat doesn't like children, or my sister or BIL - she ran and hid all day! I do love those 2 little cutie nices, but there will be zero chance of me going to Disney with them until those little poopers become human!
And this is why I have sworn to remain child-free for life. Your cat is my spirit animal. :cat: :rotfl:

I'm so happy to hear this. We bought tickets to go on December 30th right here in South Florida with my family. My hubby and DS have already seen it but they said they don't mind seeing it again with all of us. I'm so glad it is worth seeing twice!! I can't wait. And so far no one has spoiled it for me :) I have my Star Wars lounge pants ready to wear too lol
It totally is worth it, the movie is seriously great. They did an amazing job with it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it! :darth:

Oh and I love Minnie...so awesome!
She's adorable, right?! :cutie:

300 days! WOOT! I missed my 300 day dance, but I"m okay with that. I'll make up for it with a 250 dance.

Sounds like a wonderful, family-filled kind of holiday. So happy you could take some time off to spend it with loved ones with good food and fun!
Here's a belated 300-day dance for you! :banana:

I keep hearing this. Everyone seems to be loving it even more than they thought they would.
It's kinda making me think about seeing it, even though I have less than no interest in Star Wars.
I fought against getting sucked into the Star Wars fandom for most of my life. This movie finally got me and broke me down and turned me. It's THAT GOOD. :darth:

OMG that Minnie is adorable!!!! Sounds like you got some pretty good loot (both before the trip and on Christmas).
Yeah, it definitely didn't suck. :goodvibes

That's one thing about Trader Sam's at DL. It opens at 11:30AM. A day drinker's paradise.
Oh man. Now THAT'S more like it! :drinking1

Totally! My grandmother ALWAYS says I need to get some friends to go with me. Thanks, I have friends...but it's not always feasible to plan trips together with funds, husbands, children, and work always getting in the way. They just don't get it, like you said. And traveling with friends has made me appreciate my solo time even more. This last trip my most relaxing afternoon was a solo jaunt to Tambu Lounge at the Poly.
Yessss! My favorite times on my recent trip was when I would sneak off by myself, or stay out later than them. I think I just feel a lot of pressure when I have other people with me, to make sure they are having a good time and are happy.

I loved it too! So much that I saw it twice last Saturday. Once in the morning and then once in the afternoon.
Wow. That's pretty hardcore. I like it! :thumbsup2

What character are you looking forward to meeting? I hope you might get a chance to meet Marie from The Aristocats.
You know, she is one that I've NEVER met! I would love to get a pic with her!

Glad you had a good holiday. We had a nice one, though everyone apparently came down with the plague. Fortunately we have 16 days to get better before Disney!

I love the Minnie she is super cute.
For what it's worth, I brought the plague home from Disney a few weeks ago! In fact, don't think I know very many people who haven't been sick this month somehow! I hope you all feel better soon!

Happy to hear you had a great Christmas and got to see the new Star Wars movie! My sister and I have both seen it and loved it so we're watching the original three (one each night) with my parents and then we'll all go to see the new one this Tuesday. Can't wait!
I want to do this so bad!!! I checked on Amazon though, and those movies are expensive to buy!!! Might have to break down and do it, though. It's been far too many years. :darth:

Happy belated festivus glad you could celebrate with the rest of us ; )
I sure did, and boy did I air some grievances! :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. And deviled eggs with ranch and bacon. Hell ya!!!!!! Hope you ate a bunch in 300 day celebration ; )
Many many many deviled eggs were consumed, don't you worry. :thumbsup2

If you ever want to meet Marie or get a picture of her. She can be found at the Magic Kingdom near the Flag Pole in Town Square. She usually comes out around 10:30am and is alot of fun to interact with. Did you ever buy an autograph book during your trip to Walt Disney World? Because you've got to get Marie's autograph, her signature is cute since she adds a big bow on the letter "I" in her name. Don't worry if you meet Marie the first time. If you head to Epcot later during you're trip. Be sure to stop by the France Pavilion in Epcot because it's the easiest location to find any Marie stuff including Marie plushies and shirts. But my favorite is the Marie stuffed animals. If you plan on meeting Marie again during your trip. Try handing her your Marie plush to her for her to look at.

My favorite times on my recent trip was when I would sneak off by myself, or stay out later than them. I think I just feel a lot of pressure when I have other people with me, to make sure they are having a good time and are happy.

Yeah, there was an element of feeling that kind of pressure now that you mention it. My BFF did no research at all, so on our EPCOT day she was at a loss to come up with anything to do and I was always worried she was bored. I told her that for our next trip she'd be the one to plan everything so that wouldn't happen again.

Wow. That's pretty hardcore.

Yep, that's me! :lmao:

Be sure to stop by the France Pavilion in Epcot because it's the easiest location to find any Marie stuff including Marie plushies and shirts.

This is so true. I noticed how much they had when we took a break at Les Halles for a bit one day. I'll be getting back there for some thank you BFF gifts (for watching my cats) on my Princess trip. She loves Marie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter