• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

The one promise I am going to keep is to NOT put a link to this PTR or a ticker for this trip into my signature until after I return home from my December trip. So if you've found this thread all on your own... HI, STALKER. :wave2: Welcome!

LOL-I've been reading all your trip and dining reports for the past week or so! I swear I'm not a stalker though-I actually found this one by searching for "solo trip reports". I'm obsessed with them lately lol

What's going on Billie, you haven't updated this in a month? You'd think you were headed to Disney soon or something ; )

Just finally digging myself out after passing Term 1. WOOT! I'm sure you've either come and gone on a fabulous trip, or are out having one right now! Lucky you!

I honestly can't recall if I've been to this here PTR yet...but looking forward to it with you!! Can't wait to hear more of your planning because it all sounds awesome!

Zero craps given, no pants, and food?! I'm in! Can't wait to read more about your newest adventure!

LOL-I've been reading all your trip and dining reports for the past week or so! I swear I'm not a stalker though-I actually found this one by searching for "solo trip reports". I'm obsessed with them lately lol
Welcome, I'm glad you're here! :cutie:

Saw this and thought of you!

Matt Bellassai tells us why wearing pants is the absolute worst!
Haha, you were one of FOUR people on various social media to post this to me! LOVE IT!!! (Side note... I got both my mom and my best friend his HUGE wine glass for Christmas this year!) :laughing:

HAHA! I posted this on the other PTR :) Great minds think alike!
Yeah, we do! :D

What's going on Billie, you haven't updated this in a month? You'd think you were headed to Disney soon or something ; )
Yeah, I was just a leetle bit busy... :rolleyes1

Just finally digging myself out after passing Term 1. WOOT! I'm sure you've either come and gone on a fabulous trip, or are out having one right now! Lucky you!
It was kinda fabulous! :thumbsup2

I honestly can't recall if I've been to this here PTR yet...but looking forward to it with you!! Can't wait to hear more of your planning because it all sounds awesome!
Yay, Kathy! I'm glad you're here! :hug:

Zero craps given, no pants, and food?! I'm in! Can't wait to read more about your newest adventure!
Hooray!!! :welcome:

87 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
125 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
244 days until FP+! :cutie:
304 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Man, I sure did let this PTR get away from me, didn't I? I guess going to Disney will do that to a gal. :rolleyes2 I had a good time with my aunt and uncle, but now I'm soooo looking forward to getting back to my solo time!

But I'm home now, and ready to focus on planning the next one! Truth be told, I've already got a tentative spreadsheet put together. I'm hesitant to share it until the park hours are released, though. I also look at it, and feel like perhaps I've over-scheduled myself a bit. (Who's surprised? Anybody? Show of hands? Bueller? Bueller?) :rotfl:

MkxZKy77sWoEw.gif

Plus I'm trying to keep in mind that nobody knows what the AK hours/schedule is going to be like once Rivers of Light goes live. And this will surely be up and running by October 2016, so I haaaave to see it. I really want to do the night time safari, too! :scratchin

My ADR/Food wishlist has grown exponentially. It's looking like there will be quite a significant bit of nomming on this trip! Here's the most current version:

Signature
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Table Service
Beaches & Cream (Lunch)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Lunch)
Tutto Italia (Dinner)
Captain's Grille (Breakfast)
The Wave (Lunch)
Boma (Dinner)
Garden Grill (Breakfast)
Cape May Cafe (Breakfast)

Counter Service
Be Our Guest (Breakfast)
Hurricane Hannah's
Casey's Corner
Starring Rolls
Sleepy Hollow
Harambe Market

Yum. I'm hungry just thinking about it!!! :D

jDYpUFgEKggRa.gif

The other big thing I'm excited for on this trip is the revamped SOARIN'! I am soooooo excited to see it with the new film! :hyper:

How is everybody coming along on their Holiday shopping, etc? I had to run some errands last night, and traffic was INSANE. I did almost all of my shopping at Amazon.com, and I'm STILL waiting on one box to come in, if you can believe it. It has both my mama and my best friend's gifts, and it was supposed to be here Friday. Very frustrated! >:( I went ahead wrapped everybody else's, so at least that's done. Just waiting on that one last box! Hopefully today, because I want to be DONE so I can relax!

aUtAZIl4yJ7La.gif

Last edited:
My ADR/Food wishlist has grown exponentially. It's looking like there will be quite a significant bit of nomming on this trip! Here's the most current version:
The nice thing about staying at the BC is that the International Gateway is five minutes away, giving you lots of options for food. And with Food & Wine, I don't know how you are going to manage to narrow it down. :)

The nice thing about staying at the BC is that the International Gateway is five minutes away, giving you lots of options for food. And with Food & Wine, I don't know how you are going to manage to narrow it down. :)
That is the narrowed-down list. :rotfl: As for Food and Wine, I have one full day at Epcot that I'm doing a pre-park opening breakfast at Garden Grill, but the rest of the day, 11am until closing, is completely dedicated to F&W offerings. Yum!

Your food/restaurant list looks great! I still can't believe you're staying at the BC, yay!! Someday I'll stay there, someday... :)

I had to run to Target after work to get a few Disney gift cards and yeah, the traffic was not good. No more errand running for me until next year, lol!

I leave this Thursday evening to fly home to be with my family for a week. Right now I'm just hoping that the weather holds so I don't have any delays given that it will be Christmas Eve and a delay could mean spending Christmas here or in some random airport. That would not be fun!

Looking forward to following along as you plan this solo trip! I'm still thinking of doing one myself but since we have a DL trip planned for April it'll have to wait awhile. Plus I need a new car this coming year... really need to work on how to grow that money tree. Or buy a winning lottery ticket.

Have a great Christmas! Hope your box arrives today!!

Man, I sure did let this PTR get away from me, didn't I? I guess going to Disney will do that to a gal. :rolleyes2

I feel your pain. I'm still working on my TR from Wine and Dine! Being at Disney is so exhausting (the good kind) that you need to recover afterward.

I had a good time with my aunt and uncle, but now I'm soooo looking forward to getting back to my solo time!

UM, YES. Word to the third. I had fun with my group, but there's nothing like doing exactly what you want when you want it, for as long as you want. If I want to sit at Dawa Bar at AK at 10AM then I will sit there and not feel like I'm hampering anyone else's plans on a solo trip. :)

I just got my last box from UPS, *fingers crossed* for you!

Your restaurant list is making me hungry!

The new AKL offerings and new Soarin will be awesome, can't wait to read about since it will be several years till I get to experience them.

Yay restaurant list. I admit I already have a list started for both the 2018 and 2021 trip, especially since we aren't getting a lot of the choices I wanted in the trip in 3 week for various reasons, mainly the other 12 people that will be joining us.

Sooooo, yeah, we're gonna miss each other by 1 day. 1 DAY!!!!!! :( A crime of sadness in the 1st degree.

But on a happier note, your nom-nom list looks great! Oddly only 1 restaurant is on my list too. BOG. And even then, we're doing lunch. The rest of the list we've only done 2. So obviously we have a HUGE amount of make-up eating to do. I wonder how much my spreadsheet is going to change once park hours come out? I went with this year's park hours and think I'll be mostly safe, but I do see some tweaking happening. Anyway, welcome back; it'll be so fun to plan alongside of you for the same timeframe. :)

But I'm home now, and ready to focus on planning the next one! Truth be told, I've already got a tentative spreadsheet put together. I'm hesitant to share it until the park hours are released, though. I also look at it, and feel like perhaps I've over-scheduled myself a bit. (Who's surprised? Anybody? Show of hands? Bueller? Bueller?) :rotfl:

Not surprised. At all.
But I also don't blame you ... too much to do (/eat), not enough time!

Plus I'm trying to keep in mind that nobody knows what the AK hours/schedule is going to be like once Rivers of Light goes live. And this will surely be up and running by October 2016, so I haaaave to see it. I really want to do the night time safari, too! :scratchin

Yeah, nighttime at AK is about to become a must-schedule. I'm super jealous that you're going to get to see Rivers of Light - it looks like it will be such an awesome show!

That is a very long list. Lots of good food, but ... wow. I have no idea how you're going to fit all that in. Plus F&W.

The other big thing I'm excited for on this trip is the revamped SOARIN'! I am soooooo excited to see it with the new film! :hyper:

Woohoo!! I really hope the new film is worth this 6 month downtime.

Your food/restaurant list looks great! I still can't believe you're staying at the BC, yay!! Someday I'll stay there, someday... :)
I can't believe I'm staying there either! Next on the dream resort list is the Polynesian, I think. I never actually have been like "OMG, I love the Poly!" But I did realize that they have a lot of things I enjoy. I made no less than 3 trips to it from AoA during my last vacation, either for food, drink or shopping. So it just seems to make sense to stay there eventually, and save myself some running around! Maybe for my 40th birthday!

I had to run to Target after work to get a few Disney gift cards and yeah, the traffic was not good. No more errand running for me until next year, lol!
Yep, I'm officially 100% done now, too! Staying home, unless somebody else is doing the driving! LOL

I leave this Thursday evening to fly home to be with my family for a week. Right now I'm just hoping that the weather holds so I don't have any delays given that it will be Christmas Eve and a delay could mean spending Christmas here or in some random airport. That would not be fun!
Oh noes! Sending lots of pixie dust your way!

Looking forward to following along as you plan this solo trip! I'm still thinking of doing one myself but since we have a DL trip planned for April it'll have to wait awhile. Plus I need a new car this coming year... really need to work on how to grow that money tree. Or buy a winning lottery ticket.
Girl, I feel ya on the newer car front. I'm spending way more on this trip than I really should be, because I'm supposed to be saving up to buy a better vehicle, too. Adulting sucks, though!

Have a great Christmas! Hope your box arrives today!!
It did! And then it BIT ME, as you saw on FB last night! Ouch!

I feel your pain. I'm still working on my TR from Wine and Dine! Being at Disney is so exhausting (the good kind) that you need to recover afterward.
I am forever behind on your TR, too! I'm awful!

UM, YES. Word to the third. I had fun with my group, but there's nothing like doing exactly what you want when you want it, for as long as you want. If I want to sit at Dawa Bar at AK at 10AM then I will sit there and not feel like I'm hampering anyone else's plans on a solo trip. :)
Exaaaaaactly. SOLO 4 LIFE.

I just got my last box from UPS, *fingers crossed* for you!
It came in yesterday, so I'm all done now!

Your restaurant list is making me hungry!
Me too!

The new AKL offerings and new Soarin will be awesome, can't wait to read about since it will be several years till I get to experience them.
I will return to the DIS with a full report, I promise!

Yay restaurant list. I admit I already have a list started for both the 2018 and 2021 trip, especially since we aren't getting a lot of the choices I wanted in the trip in 3 week for various reasons, mainly the other 12 people that will be joining us.
12 people?! I would die. Planning for just 2 other people nearly killed me!

Sooooo, yeah, we're gonna miss each other by 1 day. 1 DAY!!!!!! :( A crime of sadness in the 1st degree.
WHAAAT?! Not you, too!!! I am running into this problem with several of my DIS friends... missing them by just a day, either on the front of back-end of my trip. What's up with that!

But on a happier note, your nom-nom list looks great! Oddly only 1 restaurant is on my list too. BOG. And even then, we're doing lunch. The rest of the list we've only done 2. So obviously we have a HUGE amount of make-up eating to do. I wonder how much my spreadsheet is going to change once park hours come out? I went with this year's park hours and think I'll be mostly safe, but I do see some tweaking happening. Anyway, welcome back; it'll be so fun to plan alongside of you for the same timeframe. :)
You're right, at least we can still plan along together!

Not surprised. At all.
But I also don't blame you ... too much to do (/eat), not enough time!
Seriously! Must do ALL the things!

Yeah, nighttime at AK is about to become a must-schedule. I'm super jealous that you're going to get to see Rivers of Light - it looks like it will be such an awesome show!
I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE RIVERS OF LIGHT. I'm a huge sucker for the parks at night, so this is totally in my wheelhouse. I can't wait!

That is a very long list. Lots of good food, but ... wow. I have no idea how you're going to fit all that in. Plus F&W.
My belly is a cavern of wonders. I will persevere!

Woohoo!! I really hope the new film is worth this 6 month downtime.
I'm just happy that the 6 month downtime falls between my trips!

What - you may have overscheduled? I believe you not - not yet, anyways... And my October holidays only start on October 28 (because it's cruel to desert your work friends during the first two weeks of flu immunization season in Canada), so no Dismeets for me. :sad2: Then again, with the Canadian dollar diving, there may not be funding for another solo trip. But I do like the idea of @Dentam 's money tree!
I need that money tree too, for sure!

I finished my last shift at work today, so now comes the house cleaning and gift wrapping and grocery shopping. I decided we needed to cut back on flashy gifts that are not appreciated beyond the initial "ooh"s of Christmas morning, so I decided instead that I would knit scarves for most of my gift giving this year. So now, I expect that we will have non-flashy gifts that will not be appreciated. Oh well, same result, less money spent, which means less crying in January when the Mastercard bill kerthunks into the mailbox.
I'm neither crafty enough nor patience enough for handmade gifts. I order everybody's stuff on Amazon, wrap it and stuff it under the tree. That's Christmas!

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLLAAAAAAAAA!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter