Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

Also if you see Marie at the Magic Kingdom, can you ask him about Figment from Journey Into Imagination or Illuminations?

71 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
108 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
228 days until FP+! :cutie:
288 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Soooooo. I can't take it anymore. I gotta share the spreadsheet! Why? Because I'm excited. Why? Because last night I wiped like 90% of it and started over from almost scratch! :cutie:

This all started yesterday evening when I realized that in the original build of my itinerary (created using 2015's October park hours), I made a big booboo... I hadn't accounted for the new Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom, which will be happening by October and is a MUST-SEE for me. I started moving things around and around, but eventually admitted defeat. I realized that there was just no way for me to work in a night at AK without sacrificing something else. Unacceptable. Not happening.

NuQ1Tz0fhqeEU.gif

The unavoidable fact was that I needed one more night on Disney property to make it all work. So I crunched the numbers and did that good fuzzy Disney math. :teacher: And what happened was this: I ended up talking myself out of driving down and staying the first night off-property to save money (as I often do)...

...And decided to just go direct to the Beach Club and stay the full 7 nights there! I called and added the additional night to the front end of reservation and locked it in! :woohoo:

102VfCWF40oAuI.gif

Rebooting almost my entire schedule meant also rearranging my ADR Wishlist, but I was able to do so without having to cut any of them, so that too is exciting. Even better, now I have an additional dining credit to cover one of the meals I was going to pay out-of-pocket for. I even managed to work in a late-night visit to Trader Sam's! Again, with the caveat that I am fully aware that all of this will likely all change in March when I get my hot little hands on the REAL park hours for 2016, I may have to wipe the whole worksheet and start all over again. I also took a best guess on the time slot for Rivers of Light, but also left myself with wiggle room, should it actually be showing earlier/later than I anticipate.

Anyhow... :laughing: Share and bask in my planning sickness:

Oct16%20Itinerary%20v1.png

So? Thoughts? Questions? Seeing any errors in judgement that I've overlooked? Or just typoes? (I make lots of typoes.) :scratchin

Anyhow, I'm so SUPER excited to have an extra night/day now! :hyper: I know it's only January, but seriously, can it just hurry up and be October please??

Also, help me decide, ya'll... What color MagicBand do I want for this trip? :confused3

magicbands.png

I'm thinking orange for Halloween and Fall. But I don't actually LIKE orange that much. I'll still have my pink one that I just got from the last trip. I've already done yellow and grey. And red and blue just don't move me! I need to be MOVED! :rotfl: I'm also trying to decide if I'm going to dress them up again this year with the decals or not. Maybe I'll do an orange one and get some Halloween decals for it and wear it just for MNSSHP, and wear my pink one the rest of the time. These are VERY important decisions, people! ::yes::

Okay, that's it, that's all I got for today! Kisses! :cutie:

nIJtmIW61B5du.gif

Last edited:
I loved wearing my MagicBand with the Halloween vinyl cover on it when we were at the BC last October. Even though I brought five bands with me I wore that one the most. I always bring at least four bands with me. :)

Maybe the purple band will be out to resort guests by fall. Then I'd go purple. Also why not green? You can totally make green feel Halloweenish.

I bought them both this morning. :cutie: I'm considering watching them in the "Machete Order." Have you heard of this? A lot of super fans claim it's the best and most cohesive way to watch them:

I've never heard of that but then again I've never even seen episodes 2 or 3. I saw the first one and wasn't impressed so didn't ever watch the others...

Woohoo!! That's so exciting that you're going straight to the BC and will have an extra night there!! I'm feeling pretty envious of your trip right now!

I think typos is spelled without an e - :laughing: sorry, I couldn't resist!

I like the idea of getting the green magic band! Or purple if that one is available in time for your trip!

I'm very impressed with the spreadsheet! I have a rough document typed up but it's not ready to share. Especially since I'm still trying to arrange to see the evening entertainment in each park, I'm considering 4 parks in 1 day, etc. But you know I love the planning and reworking!!

I vote for an orange band with a Halloween decal. It will be perfect for MNSSHP and go well with the face painting I know will happen! You can wear your pink band for the rest of the trip!

Bugger, I was hoping you'd add the day to the end of your trip so we could dismeet :sad:.

I suppose having an extra night at the start of your trip will be just as fun :rolleyes1

For your arrival night - the BC has the campfire with marshmallows right on the beach - yum - and free. The movie is shown on the beach, too. You can see Illuminations from that area, but just the higher fireworks. The bridge between the BC and BWI has a very good view. And if there are fireworks at DHS then you can see those from the bridge, too, although I think there are some better spots for the DHS fireworks. You can't really see those two fireworks from the BWI area. If you have a standard view room that faces the parking lot then you might be able to see Wishes, too.

I just love the BC. :)

:wave2:

as always i love your spreadsheets! you are so organized. I need a page out of your book!

I am no seeing Starring rolls?!?!

I was so hoping you had added on the day to the back end of your trip!!!

I am so hoping they have the purple band available to resort guest by then...

I need to review your spreadsheet closely...as I am still thinking of trying to come in a day early...

Hmm I am getting all sorts of ideas from your spreadsheet for my next spreadsheet. I will be starting a new one once we get back, since I need to figure out exactly what and when we are going and what we are doing for our anniversary/no kids Universal trip, with hopefully a day of Disney. I also need to start figuring out our basic plans for the California trip.

Because last night I wiped like 90% of it and started over from almost scratch! :cutie:

Because that is what we do my friend!!

I hadn't accounted for the new Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom, which will be happening by October and is a MUST-SEE for me. I started moving things around and

Oh! Do you happen o know when the estimated start date is for ROL?? I may have to adjust some plans myself!

And decided to just go direct to the Beach Club and stay the full 7 nights there! I called and added the additional night to the

giphy.gif

That is awesome!

Even better, now I have an additional dining credit to cover one of the meals I was going to pay out-of-pocket for. I even managed to work in a late-night visit to Trader Sam's! Again, with the caveat that I am fully aware that all of this will likely all
:thumbsup2

Also, help me decide, ya'll... What color MagicBand do I want for this trip? :confused3

My first thought was Orange until you said it wasn't your fav. color, but maybe get a Halloween themed decal to pretty it up?

Love the new spreadsheet and that I get to share in your planning madness for another 8 months lol

Anyhow, I'm so SUPER excited to have an extra night/day now! :hyper: I know it's only January, but seriously, can it just hurry up and be October please??

I'm with you, even if only because that will mean winter will be over...sigh.

I love all your new plans...and...how amazing that you get to spend a full week at the Beach Club. I just can't even imagine. It sounds truly amazing. So does Rivers of Light BTW - I wouldn't want to miss that either.

And decided to just go direct to the Beach Club and stay the full 7 nights there! I called and added the additional night to the front end of reservation and locked it in! :woohoo:

happy dance.gif

Maybe I'll do an orange one and get some Halloween decals for it and wear it just for MNSSHP, and wear my pink one the rest of the time. These are VERY important decisions, people! ::yes::

Yes! I vote for jazzing up the orange one for Halloween! Who knows, maybe you'll want to wear it the whole time.

I love your spreadsheet.

I loved wearing my MagicBand with the Halloween vinyl cover on it when we were at the BC last October. Even though I brought five bands with me I wore that one the most. I always bring at least four bands with me. :)
That's because you WDW so much that you have a seemingly limitless supply of MagicBands, Sue! :laughing: I don't like to use any that are more than a year old, just to make sure that the long-range sensor is still picking up my ride photos and putting them on my Memory Maker account. Come October, that means I'll have two to use: My pink one from last month, and whatever color I request for this trip! :thumbsup2

Maybe the purple band will be out to resort guests by fall. Then I'd go purple. Also why not green? You can totally make green feel Halloweenish.
I forgot all about green because it wasn't in the photo I used!! :rotfl: I wish they would make the purple ones available as a choice. I think asking people to pay for a solid color is insane!

I've never heard of that but then again I've never even seen episodes 2 or 3. I saw the first one and wasn't impressed so didn't ever watch the others...
I had planned on watching them in that Machete order, but Episodes 1-3 hav already arrived in the mail, and Ep. 4-6 isn't due until next week, so I think I might break down and just watch the prequels this weekend. I'm a little OCD so it might be better for me just watch them in numerical order. :laughing:

Woohoo!! That's so exciting that you're going straight to the BC and will have an extra night there!! I'm feeling pretty envious of your trip right now!
I'm feeling pretty envious of my trip, too! :lmao: Now if it would just hurry up and GET HERE!!!

I think typos is spelled without an e - :laughing: sorry, I couldn't resist!
See! This one right here ALWAYS confuses me! Because I think you're right. BUT! Okay, right, like:

"Typos" to me looks/sounds like TIE-POSS. Buuuuut...

"Typoes" to me looks/sounds like...

haha-tie.png
+
haha-poe.png

Heh heh heh. TIE-POE(S). See what I did there? :D

I like the idea of getting the green magic band! Or purple if that one is available in time for your trip!
I want a purple one! I hate that they are charging for it, though! >:(

I'm very impressed with the spreadsheet! I have a rough document typed up but it's not ready to share. Especially since I'm still trying to arrange to see the evening entertainment in each park, I'm considering 4 parks in 1 day, etc. But you know I love the planning and reworking!!
Admittedly, I do too. I was giddy as hell when I was reworking 90% of my spreadsheet the other night. (I kept the 25th preserved for our DisMeet, though!) :cutie:

I vote for an orange band with a Halloween decal. It will be perfect for MNSSHP and go well with the face painting I know will happen! You can wear your pink band for the rest of the trip!
Hahaha. The face painting! You know me so well, girl. :hug:

OooooOOOOOooooo, a spreadsheet! I'm glad you have one easy morning in there for a bit of rest.
Oh, definitely. Normally I run off to a park on check-in day too, but I'm taking it easy that first night. I want time to actually be able to enjoy the Beach Club and the Boardwalk area! :thumbsup2

So far I've been boring and only had pink bands, but the blue one is a really pretty shade of blue. Wait, I'm supposed to be helping you pick... Ummm, I'm not a very good influence - green, yellow, and orange are my least favorite colours!
Not gonna lie, the temptation is there to just get another pink one and put a different pink decal on it. princess:

Bugger, I was hoping you'd add the day to the end of your trip so we could dismeet :sad:.
Doh! I wish I could! I always try to wrap up my trip and get home on a Friday night because I neeeeed those two days of recovery time before going back to the real world! :sad1:

I suppose having an extra night at the start of your trip will be just as fun :rolleyes1
Well, I dunno about as fun, since you won't be there! :P

For your arrival night - the BC has the campfire with marshmallows right on the beach - yum - and free. The movie is shown on the beach, too. You can see Illuminations from that area, but just the higher fireworks. The bridge between the BC and BWI has a very good view. And if there are fireworks at DHS then you can see those from the bridge, too, although I think there are some better spots for the DHS fireworks. You can't really see those two fireworks from the BWI area. If you have a standard view room that faces the parking lot then you might be able to see Wishes, too.

I just love the BC. :)
Oh my goodness, so much good BC information! I love it! Dang, when am I gonna get over to the Boardwalk now with all these great reasons to just stick around the Beach Club?! :cutie:

:hug:

as always i love your spreadsheets! you are so organized. I need a page out of your book!
I have created a blank Excel template that I use for my spreadsheets. Always happy to email it! :thumbsup2

I am no seeing Starring rolls?!?!
Look again! Day 7, very bottom of the column, in the fields where I note where I play on using my 7 quick-service credits! It's there! ::yes::

I was so hoping you had added on the day to the back end of your trip!!!
Why does everybody keep saying that! :rotfl:

I am so hoping they have the purple band available to resort guest by then...
You and me both, girl. I would love to have a purple one, but I refuse to pay for a solid color! So stupid! >:(

I need to review your spreadsheet closely...as I am still thinking of trying to come in a day early...
That would be AWESOME!!! :D

Hmm I am getting all sorts of ideas from your spreadsheet for my next spreadsheet. I will be starting a new one once we get back, since I need to figure out exactly what and when we are going and what we are doing for our anniversary/no kids Universal trip, with hopefully a day of Disney. I also need to start figuring out our basic plans for the California trip.
So many trips! HOW EXCITING! :hyper:

Because that is what we do my friend!!
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Oh! Do you happen to know when the estimated start date is for ROL?? I may have to adjust some plans myself!
All they've officially said so far is "Spring 2016." So that means surely it'll be happening by October, I figure! :scratchin

giphy.gif

That is awesome!
Right?! I'm a so stoked! :hyper:

My first thought was Orange until you said it wasn't your fav. color, but maybe get a Halloween themed decal to pretty it up?
I'm really leaning towards this, actually! :thumbsup2

Love the new spreadsheet and that I get to share in your planning madness for another 8 months lol
More like 9.5 months! :sad: :laughing:

I'm with you, even if only because that will mean winter will be over...sigh.
Winter for me means 70 degrees. I am in NO HURRY for summer weather! :p

I love all your new plans...and...how amazing that you get to spend a full week at the Beach Club. I just can't even imagine. It sounds truly amazing. So does Rivers of Light BTW - I wouldn't want to miss that either.
I refuse to miss it! I just paid a buttload of money to extend my trip just so I can see it! I WILL see it! ::yes::

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yes! I vote for jazzing up the orange one for Halloween! Who knows, maybe you'll want to wear it the whole time.
I think this is what I'm going to do! :thumbsup2

I love your spreadsheet.
Thanks! I'm rather fond of it myself! :goodvibes

Yay how great you've added another day at BC :yay:

I'm eagerly awaiting the August and September dates so I can start planning properly, I can make my first 10 ADR's on 29th Feb so I need them to hurry up :rotfl2:

We normally leave AK around lunch time so it'll be very different scheduling an evening there!

Yay how great you've added another day at BC :yay:
I know! I'm so so so excited! :hyper:

I'm eagerly awaiting the August and September dates so I can start planning properly, I can make my first 10 ADR's on 29th Feb so I need them to hurry up :rotfl2:
They'll be here soon! :thumbsup2

We normally leave AK around lunch time so it'll be very different scheduling an evening there!
Yes, exactly! My original plan had me leaving AK at 5pm and heading off to dinner elsewhere, and then I went "Uh oh. Wait a minute. That's not gonna work!" :rotfl:

OHHH well that's better!!!
sorry this thyroid has my in loops this week,
Awww, I hope you feel better soon, Mo! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter