Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

51 days until Park Hours! :upsidedow
88 days until ADRs! :thumbsup2
208 days until FP+! :cutie:
268 days until WDW!
:hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

I should probably do an update, since it's been about a week since my last one! Work has continued to get even more insanely busy, so I know I'm behind on all of your threads! I'm going to try to rectify that ASAP! Thanks for still being here with me... even though I'm always behind on the DIS! :sad:

There's no updates on this October 2016 trip, really. I've been rolling a few things around in my head about it, but nothing worth writing about yet. Hoping that might change soon, though! Though I do have an announcement about another trip in the works, but I'll get to that later in this update, so stick around!

Regarding my health stuff... Thank you ALL so so so much for all of your wonderfully supportive comments! You're all so encouraging, and it just does my heart so much good! :lovestruc

48pOSGAK2WUaA.gif

My follow-up with my doctor last week went okay!. The good news was that my lab work from December came back beautiful! All my numbers on it were good! Even my cholesterol was perfectly fine (and for a fatty-red-meat-loving carnivore like me, that's surprising), as was my creatinine (I have a history of kidney problems due to my Lupus, so this value is important for me). Shockingly, even my blood sugar was okay! Only mildly elevated, but not to any level that alarmed him. See, I also have PCOS, which makes my body resistant to using insulin like it should, so it was unsurprising that it was slightly above normal. But it was nowhere near Diabetic or even pre-Diabetic levels! I'm still hoping to see it come down more when I go back in April, due to my new eating habits. So that was all good news!

11sBLVxNs7v6WA.gif

The bad news: Even after faithfully taking my medication all month long, my blood pressure was still sky-high, and there wasn't ANYTHING on my lab work to help him figure out why. :confused3 For right now, we're chalking it up to my weight and bad genetics (I don't think there's a single person in my family over 35 who doesn't have hypertension). He kept me on the same same blood pressure med (Ziac), and just doubled the dosage. He said we'll see how things look when I go back for my next follow-up in April, but I'm thinking that I may pop into Walgreens or somewhere to check it myself in about a month and see if there's been any change. If not, I might call his office and see if he wants to go ahead and try me on something else.

That same day, I also went to an eye doctor for the first time since 2009. :guilty: I know, I know! I told ya'll I've been neglecting myself, though! Surprisingly, my prescription has only changed slightly. I was going to go ahead and pick out some new glasses, but my insurance only gives me an annual allotment of $150 towards lenses and frames. The cheapest frames they had were $220, and that's BEFORE the lenses! :eek: NO SIR! So I took my prescription and left. Sadly, Walmart Optical isn't in my insurance's network, which is super crappy because they have GREAT prices on super-cute frames! Sigh. So right now the plan is that when I'm in Savannah next week for my follow-up with my pulmonologist (which is a $45 co-pay, by the way... have I mentioned that my insurance SUCKS?) for my Sleep Apnea, I'm going to go to the Lenscrafters there, which IS in my network, and hope that they have something I like that would fall under that $150 limit with lenses. Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

j3x5hjUoXIesM.gif

So that's it on the medical side! As for the weightloss/fitness side... Ehhhhh. Mixed results this week. It would seem I'm stalled at my 13 lb loss... I have not lost a single pound since last Wednesday. But I suppose I should be glad that I'm holding steady, and not gaining. Also, I have my "monthly guest" currently, which I'm hoping has a lot to do with it. It's actually totally ironic that she showed up to visit this week... Thanks to the Depo-Provera injection that I get every 3 months (to help with the PCOS), she actually only comes around to visit me maybe once or twice a year. (I know, lucky me!) But OF COURSE she shows up while I'm watching my weight like a hawk, just to mess with me!

10tIjpzIu8fe0.gif

Also, as I just learned from @Bree , apparently starting an exercise routine can make your muscles retain water for a while, too. So I might be getting hit with THAT as well right now...

Oh, what's that? Did I not mention yet that last week, I've started going to the gym and getting my fat butt on a treadmill 3 nights a week? :D

There's a 24/7 gym a block from my office here on base that I have free access to (because I'm a DoD employee). So every other morning, I bring a Disney tote bag to work with me, and in the bag is all my workout stuff... Change of clothes, headband, water bottle, earbuds, the New Balance running shoes I bought last week, etc. And when I close up the office around 6:15pm, I change clothes in our bathroom (because locker rooms have ALWAYS freaked me out, even in high school), then I head over to the gym, hop on one of my favorite two treadmills (yes, I have favorites already), and get to walking. On my first visit, last Tuesday, I kinda surprised myself by being able to walk .8 of a mile during my 30 minute workout (and felt like I was DYING the whole time, but I pushed through it). I know to most people that's pitiful, but to me, it was shocking. I mean, I'm the girl who gets winded just walking from the grocery store to my car!

So I made it my goal to be able to walk an entire mile, and that would be my first big milestone. Six days later, this was my mileage at the end of my 30 minutes...

1.09_1.jpg

I'm pretty proud. Not so much of the number, but of the progress. It makes me feel like "Hey! I CAN do this!" :D

I know me well enough that I need get my workouts in when I get off work at night... Once I'm home, I stay home. And if I'm home, I'm NOT going to get dressed and go workout. So instead of trying to force myself into a routine I hate and won't stick to, I'm crafting this around the routine I already have. I'm going to the gym in the evenings on M/W/F, unless it's a week where I'm off on Wed and work Sat (which happens once or twice a month), so on those weeks I'll do Tu/Th/Sat instead. But this isn't one of those weeks, and today is Wednesday, so that means tonight is a gym night! Hoping to get to 1.2 tonight... Fingers crossed! :goodvibes ((EDIT, 7:34pm: I increased my workout time to 35 minutes, and made it to 1.31 miles. BOOM!))

It's important to me to keep pushing that number up up up. My eventual long-term goal is to be able to walk 3.1 miles in about 45 minutes, so I've got a lot of work to do. Why is this an important goal? 3.1 miles is the length of a 5k. And I've already decided on a major motivating force, something I have my heart set on doing. I've mentioned it a little bit in replies this week, so I'm sure some of you have already picked up on it, but I didn't want to say anything "officially" until I evaluated how my workouts went. But I feel confident now that I can make this happen...

When registration opens up this July, I'm going to sign-up for a runDisney event: I'm going to walk in the Princess 5k during the 2017 Princess Half-Marathon weekend at Walt Disney World. :hyper:

ik1O4GCujIW2c.gif

(I would love to make a goal of running in it, and I admire the HECK out of distance runners... But sadly, that's just not in the cards for me. With my Lupus, I'll never be a runner, because of the wide-spread rheumatoid arthritis, which is particularly ugly in my knees and hips. That being said, in time, I might work in at least some jogging intervals. Just for better speed and cardio. But no hardcore running for this girl!)

And yes... I've already planned my trip dates for it (Feb. 23-27, 2017) and yes, there's already a spreadsheet in the works. :rotfl:

So see? Aren't you glad you stuck with me through all my rambling? I managed to tie it all back into DISNEY after all!!!! ::MickeyMo

That's all for this week! Love ya'll bunches! :lovestruc

Last edited:
Congrats on the progress with the exercise. Doesn't it feel great when you achieve something you didn't think you could?

The good news was that my lab work from December came back beautiful!

That's awesome!! :thumbsup2

The bad news: Even after faithfully taking my medication all month long, my blood pressure was still sky-high, and there wasn't ANYTHING on my lab work to help him figure out why.

My DH is struggling with his BP also, he has never taken meds for anything, so we are trying to lower his with diet and exercise. He is really watching his sodium intake which now I get to make fun of him because he has become an obsessive label reader and his fav. phrase is 'do you know how much sodium is in that??" Now I get to tell him he is sounding like an old man :rotfl2:

That same day, I also went to an eye doctor for the first time since 2009. :guilty: I know, I know!

Confessions of a procrastinator........ I think 2009 was the last time I had my eyes checked too :cool2:

It would seem I'm stalled at my 13 lb loss...

Don't stress, that happens, pretty typical with with Atkins type diets. before you know it you'll break thru that plateau and will loose like 5lbs all at once.

I've started going to the gym and getting my fat butt on a treadmill 3 nights a week? :D

Awesome! We just bought a treadmill a couple of weeks ago. It's being delivered next week!:goodvibes

So I made it my goal to be able to walk an entire mile, and that would be my first big milestone. Six days later, this was my mileage at the end of my 30 minutes...

Billie that progress is fantastic! You'll be up to 3 miles in no time

I'm going to walk in the Princess 5k during the 2017 Princess Half-Marathon weekend at Walt Disney World. :hyper:

:hyper::hyper::hyper: I'm so excited because I have a client who recently did the WDW half marathon and she came back raving about how fun it was. ( I totally have to work my way up to the half.. I am NOT a runner) So a couple of weeks ago I said to DH since we are trying to get healthier and have this brand spankin' new treadmill we should shoot for doing a 5K or 10K next year and he said ok! SOOOOOO, how would you feel about possibly having some company? :bitelip: We were already talking about doing a Run Disney event AND going down next FEB....:scratchin :woohoo:

And yes... I've already planned my trip dates for it (Feb. 23-27, 2017)

I've been looking for the RunDisney dates for next year because like you I have to obsessively plan like 18 months in advance.....:laughing: Are these the official dates?

and yes, there's already a spreadsheet in the works

Natch! ::yes::

Congrats on the progress with the exercise. Doesn't it feel great when you achieve something you didn't think you could?
It really really does! :hyper:

That's awesome!! :thumbsup2
I was pleased! :goodvibes

My DH is struggling with his BP also, he has never taken meds for anything, so we are trying to lower his with diet and exercise. He is really watching his sodium intake which now I get to make fun of him because he has become an obsessive label reader and his fav. phrase is 'do you know how much sodium is in that??" Now I get to tell him he is sounding like an old man :rotfl2:
He sounds like me with carbs. :rotfl:

Confessions of a procrastinator........ I think 2009 was the last time I had my eyes checked too :cool2:
Oh good, that makes me feel loads better! :laughing:

Don't stress, that happens, pretty typical with with Atkins type diets. before you know it you'll break thru that plateau and will loose like 5lbs all at once.
Yes, but I want that to happen NOW! I'm impatient! >:( :P

Awesome! We just bought a treadmill a couple of weeks ago. It's being delivered next week!:goodvibes
My mom and my best friend both have treadmills at home, too. But I know me, if I had one at home, I would just pile clothes and stuff on it. Once I get home, I turn into a LUMP. And I like it that way! It would be a constant struggle to get me to use a home treadmill. I'm weird like that. :rotfl:

Billie that progress is fantastic! You'll be up to 3 miles in no time
I sure hope so! :goodvibes

:hyper::hyper::hyper: I'm so excited because I have a client who recently did the WDW half marathon and she came back raving about how fun it was. ( I totally have to work my way up to the half.. I am NOT a runner) So a couple of weeks ago I said to DH since we are trying to get healthier and have this brand spankin' new treadmill we should shoot for doing a 5K or 10K next year and he said ok! SOOOOOO, how would you feel about possibly having some company? :bitelip: We were already talking about doing a Run Disney event AND going down next FEB....:scratchin :woohoo:
You know that I would LOVE that!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I've been looking for the RunDisney dates for next year because like you I have to obsessively plan like 18 months in advance.....:laughing: Are these the official dates?
Yes, the official 2016/2017 schedule is out! Here ya go!

run-disney-calendar-2016-17.jpg

I chose the Princess weekend in February because it makes the most sense for me out of the four WDW options:

1. Wine & Dine Weekend, Nov. 4-5:
That one is the week after I get home from my October trip, and I don't want to reschedule to accommodate it.
2. WDW Marathon Weekend, Jan. 4-8: That's still only 3 months since my last trip, I'd like to push it out a little further for financial reasons.
3. Princess Half-Marathon Weekend, Feb. 23-26: This will be 4 months from my October 2016 trip, which is JUST about right. Plus, I'm a PRINCESS! princess:
4. Star Wars - The Dark Side Weekend, April 20-23: I don't want to push it out THAT far. Plus April showers, heat, etc.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You go girl! I find judgy people to be the worst. Some people who are helpful fine, but it's easy to tell the difference and well go away! That's all I have to say about that!

Don't get discouraged about the stall at 13 pounds it's only week 2, I think sometimes when we make a change our body just doesn't know what to do. You're doing all the right things for you and that's what's important!

Gym, I mean that might as well be a 4 letter word for me. You go girl!

Walking/running a 5k!!! That is amazing I told my husband if it was a Disney race I may consider doing one... Maybe in the future sometime, so on that front I am way jealous how excited and what an amazing thing to experience!

Oh I am so happy for you all around. First, Lenscrafters does have some cute styles and they also offer some AAA discounts (or some do). Plus they're always running specials to buy a pair and get a free set of lenses/sunglasses. Things like that.

Second, you do tend to retain water when you first start exercising and muscle weighs more than fat. As someone who has definitely struggled with weight (or just ignored it completely), I've learned to ignore the numbers somewhat and just be happy when I have to buy a smaller pant size. Have you considered purchasing a fitbit or the equivalent? Yes, it's a fancy pedometer, but I like getting all the data and feedback. You can use it to count calories, sleep trends, and how much water you drink. Or just to count steps. You'd be surprised at how much you do walk in a day.

Third, and most importantly, doing a runDisney marathon is an awesome goal! I was lucky enough to see it the Marathon a few years back and went 'if I ever was going to run one, Disney is definitely where I'd do it.' So go for it! Even if you walk the 5K, do you know how few people do that?

My follow-up with my doctor last week went okay!. The good news was that my lab work from December came back beautiful! All my numbers on it were good! Even my cholesterol was perfectly fine (and for a fatty-red-meat-loving carnivore like me, that's surprising), as was my creatinine (I have a history of kidney problems due to my Lupus, so this value is important for me). Shockingly, even my blood sugar was okay! Only mildly elevated, but not to any level that alarmed him. See, I also have PCOS, which makes my body resistant to using insulin like it should, so it was unsurprising that it was slightly above normal. But it was nowhere near Diabetic or even pre-Diabetic levels! I'm still hoping to see it come down more when I go back in April, due to my new eating habits. So that was all good news!

Yay good news!!! I love good news!

The bad news: Even after faithfully taking my medication all month long, my blood pressure was still sky-high, and there wasn't ANYTHING on my lab work to help him figure out why. :confused3 For right now, we're chalking it up to my weight and bad genetics (I don't think there's a single person in my family over 35 who doesn't have hypertension). He kept me on the same same blood pressure med (Ziac), and just doubled the dosage. He said we'll see how things look when I go back for my next follow-up in April, but I'm thinking that I may pop into Walgreens or somewhere to check it myself in about a month and see if there's been any change. If not, I might call his office and see if he wants to go ahead and try me on something else.

In terms of the blood pressure thing ... this is certainly not the only factor, and I think it definitely needs to be balanced with everything else you do, but ... has your doctor mentioned the DASH diet? It's a diet that's intended to help lower blood pressure. Here's an article from the NIH about it: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/dash
I'm not sure if it's at all compatible with Atkins, and if you have to choose one of the two, I say go with the one that works better for you (and it sounds like that's Atkins), but ... I think one of the big things you can incorporate from this (if you're not already doing so) is to monitor your sodium a bit and see if you can lower the amount of sodium you're taking in. That should help with the blood pressure.
But definitely stick with taking the medication and follow up with the doctor when it's time!

That same day, I also went to an eye doctor for the first time since 2009. :guilty:

Um ... I haven't been since 2013. Which I know doesn't sound as bad except that I wear contact lenses, and contact lens wearers are supposed to go every year. Oops?

So that's it on the medical side! As for the weightloss/fitness side... Ehhhhh. Mixed results this week. It would seem I'm stalled at my 13 lb loss... I have not lost a single pound since last Wednesday. But I suppose I should be glad that I'm holding steady, and not gaining. Also, I have my "monthly guest" currently, which I'm hoping has a lot to do with it. It's actually totally ironic that she showed up to visit this week... Thanks to the Depo-Provera injection that I get every 3 months (to help with the PCOS), she actually only comes around to visit me maybe once or twice a year. (I know, lucky me!) But OF COURSE she shows up while I'm watching my weight like a hawk, just to mess with me!

Try not to let it get to you. You'll have weeks when you're up (or not down as much as you want), and weeks when you're down more than you expect. As long as it's a general downward trend, you're fine. Just stick with what you're doing and eventually the results will be there - this is a long-term process, not an overnight thing (I know you know that, but it's worth stating anyway).
Also, when you first start losing weight, you tend to lose faster, and then the rate of loss slows down a bit. Try not to worry about it too much.
(Although ... I've been losing and regaining the same 5 lbs for a year, so I don't know how much you can trust what I say)

the New Balance running shoes I bought last week

Nice! What model?
Not to be too much of an enabler, but ... for the past few years, runDisney has worked with New Balance to put out special Disney shoes. Here's a link to the article about this year's shoes: https://www.newbalance.com/article?id=4256
Those aren't the best pictures (better pictures here: http://www.nbvirtualqueue.com/), but this year there are Dumbo, Ariel, Mickey, and Minnie shoes.
No idea what next year's shoes will be, but if you like New Balance shoes, it's something to think about as a reward for finishing the race!

hop on one of my favorite two treadmills (yes, I have favorites already)

Everyone has favorite treadmills. When I was in grad school, I had a favorite treadmill ... and I got very annoyed if one of my friends took it.

YAY!!! The first mile is often the hardest. Just keep going and you'll keep improving!

((EDIT, 7:34pm: I increased my workout time to 35 minutes, and made it to 1.31 miles. BOOM!))

OMG OMG OMG!!! That is definitely the most exciting thing I've read today!

When registration opens up this July, I'm going to sign-up for a runDisney event: I'm going to walk in the Princess 5k during the 2017 Princess Half-Marathon weekend at Walt Disney World. :hyper:

Yay!
Okay, since this is my area of almost expertise, I have a lot to say.

In terms of my schedule... here's where I'm at as of right now. And this is completely subject to change, especially since DL Half registration is next week:
I'm planning to register for the Disneyland Half in September 2016. However, I am very aware that I may end up having to defer to 2017. If I defer DL to 2017, then the plan is to do the Princess Half in 2017 and then also do the DL half for my coast-to-coast medal (which you get for doing a half marathon or longer on each coast). If I'm there for the Princess half, then I'm definitely walking the 5K with you! If I end up doing the DL Half in 2016, then I'll have to figure out if I want to still do Princess (either just the 5K with you or the 5K and Half). But that's a decision I'll make in June/July.

In terms of the race...
A) Registration normally sells out very quickly. As in within a few hours. I can't remember off the top of my head when registration is (although I suspect you have it in a spreadsheet somewhere), but be at your computer, ready to go at 11:55 AM on registration day. Hopefully someone will post the direct link on the DIS (more on that in the next point) so you can bypass the runDisney website when it crashes (as it tends to do during registrations), but I'd also suggest being on the runDisney facebook page because they'll post the direct link there.
B) There is a section of the DIS boards dedicated to runDisney (http://www.disboards.com/forums/rundisney-events-competition.109/). That's an excellent resource if you have any questions about the event or runDisney in general.There's also generally a thread for each event weekend. Someone has already created a thread for Princess Weekend 2017 (http://www.disboards.com/threads/2017-disney-princess-half-marathon-weekend.3474152/), but I don't know if that will end up being the "official" thread or if someone else will create a more comprehensive thread closer to the event. People there always seem to know information before it is officially released. Including the link for registration - someone will usually post it before registration begins, and using that link gets you through the process a little faster. Feel free to go over to that thread and introduce yourself - people will be very excited to answer any questions you may have. You may also want to check out the 2016 Princess Weekend thread to see what people are talking about (right now it's focused on bib numbers, waivers, and corrals, but there is a lot of good info buried in there).
C) The runDisney experience can be very overwhelming for a first timer. My suggestion is to read as many trip reports and blogs about the races as you possibly can. Find videos on YouTube. I think one thing that people really don't get is the sheer size of it - for a 5K, there will be 2,000 people in your corral. That's a lot of people. rD makes it work, but I think a lot of people don't realize the scope of it until they show up and see all those people, so that's one thing I want you to prepare for - you will be part of a massive crowd. Hopefully I'll touch on that a bit in my TR (I did have some issues with it at the 10K). But definitely do as much research into the experience as you can. Also - there will be people finishing the 5K before you start. Don't worry about it.
D) I'm guessing you know this, but runDisney races have a pacing requirement of 16:00 minutes per mile. For the 5K, that's about 50 minutes, starting from when the last person crosses the start line. That said ... runDisney is known for not enforcing the pacing requirement for the 5K. There really isn't any way to sweep you off the course in Epcot, and since it's not an officially timed run (although there are clocks, just no timing chips), they don't bother trying. However, they will shorten the course if the park needs to open. But more on that when I get to the 5K on my TR.
E) I'm really more of a runner than a walker (although I do walk a lot just in general), but if you have any questions, about training, runDisney, or anything, please feel free to ask me! I'd be happy to help you in any way I can!

And yes... I've already planned my trip dates for it (Feb. 23-27, 2017) and yes, there's already a spreadsheet in the works. :rotfl:

Yay! Another spreadsheet! I'm almost as excited about the spreadsheet as I am about you doing the race!

Billie, I can't even begin to express how incredibly proud I am of you for taking these steps and working towards the 5K. It's amazing and you're really an inspiration to me!

Congrats on reaching your next walking distance goal on the treadmill!

As far as the weight loss stall, this happens to me every month - usually I even gain a little. I think your body retains more water during that time of the month. Usually it all goes away and then some in the days that follow though which is a relief!

Keep up the great work and don't sweat the set backs too much. You have a great and fun goal to work towards with the 5k at Disney!

Congratulations Billie! That is a great accomplishment. I'm so proud of you for sticking to it and adding the exercise. The 5k is such a great goal. I have trouble running too so I use an elliptical. It's much easier on your knees and works your arms and well. I also find you burn more calories on it versus a treadmill. Just thought I'd share, not trying to judge, in case you might want to try it.

Yay! Just imagine what the next results will be like after all the positive changes you've been making!

giphy.gif

10tIjpzIu8fe0.gif

Also, as I just learned from @Bree , apparently starting an exercise routine can make your muscles retain water for a while, too. So I might be getting hit with THAT as well right now...

So many things can make you retain water or weigh slightly more - if you track your long term averages (and only weigh once a week) you'll enjoy yourself much more, trust me!

just-trust-me-o.gif

Oh, what's that? Did I not mention yet that last week, I've started going to the gym and getting my fat butt on a treadmill 3 nights a week? :D

There's a 24/7 gym a block from my office here on base that I have free access to (because I'm a DoD employee). So every other morning, I bring a Disney tote bag to work with me, and in the bag is all my workout stuff... Change of clothes, headband, water bottle, earbuds, the New Balance running shoes I bought last week, etc. And when I close up the office around 6:15pm, I change clothes in our bathroom (because locker rooms have ALWAYS freaked me out, even in high school), then I head over to the gym, hop on one of my favorite two treadmills (yes, I have favorites already), and get to walking. On my first visit, last Tuesday, I kinda surprised myself by being able to walk .8 of a mile during my 30 minute workout (and felt like I was DYING the whole time, but I pushed through it). I know to most people that's pitiful, but to me, it was shocking. I mean, I'm the girl who gets winded just walking from the grocery store to my car!

1.09_1.jpg

I'm pretty proud. Not so much of the number, but of the progress. It makes me feel like "Hey! I CAN do this!" :D

Great job Billie. I only started running less than 6 months ago and I've never been a runner - I've always hated it and used my knee injuries as an excuse not to. Then I set a health goal for my 30th birthday rather than a weight loss target - running a half marathon. The first few weeks I could barely run 30 seconds without getting winded and I'm now up to being able to run 10km without stopping. So it can be done and you'll see improvement every week I guarantee.

phoebe

hop on one of my favorite two treadmills (yes, I have favorites already), and get to walking

I totally have favorite treadmills too at my apartment gym - which makes it really annoying when they are broken :P Glad you've found a routine that works for you!

Ahhh! Honestly, I have just started running again (using the Galloway 5k app) and was just thinking that a Disney race would be the perfect way to reward myself for being successful. I've got some virtual races in the cards this year to practice, but now you've got me trying to decide if I could swing a Disney race in February :P We're only 6 hours from Orlando for the next year or so, and I have no clue where we'll be going after that. Hmmm - could be the perfect time! I'll have to look into pricing and such (I've heard Disney races are expensive).

Anyway, to stop talking about myself, because that's not really why I'm here - you rock!! Walking is great exercise, and it's so awesome that you're building the habit (and giving yourself a super great reward to look forward to in the process) :)

My follow-up with my doctor last week went okay!. The good news was that my lab work from December came back beautiful! All my numbers on it were good!

Wonderful news!

That same day, I also went to an eye doctor for the first time since 2009. :guilty: I know, I know! I told ya'll I've been neglecting myself, though!

I'm a huge procrastinator myself. I don't even remember the last time I was at the eye doctor.
Although I've had to buy new glasses twice in the meantime. I get the pricey bit. Usually my lenses cost a lot more than the frames. I'm always so surprised even though I should know better by now. Hope you find something in your budget.

So that's it on the medical side! As for the weightloss/fitness side... Ehhhhh. Mixed results this week. It would seem I'm stalled at my 13 lb loss... I have not lost a single pound since last Wednesday. But I suppose I should be glad that I'm holding steady, and not gaining.

Try not to stress so much about the numbers (I know, easier said than done). Keep doing what you're doing.

I've started going to the gym and getting my fat butt on a treadmill 3 nights a week? :D

That's great! I need to get off my lazy butt and return to exercising too.

There's a 24/7 gym a block from my office here on base that I have free access to

Of course that helps.
I don't really like gyms. I tend to work out at home. Used to do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds back during my last weight loss journey. I liked that the moves were simple to do but still felt like I was getting a good workout.
I've since found a bunch of other great workouts on youtube.

You should be and you CAN do this. Keep up the amazing work.

Talk about a motivator! I'd so try to do that if it was feasible to me. Sadly, living overseas doesn't make it worthwhile.

Thank you for the updates on your progress. You're doing great. Keep it up.

Congrats on your running progress! Pooh on the plateau on weight, but I agree with a lot of the previous comments that "Aunt Flo" can mess with that and do can starting a gym routine. Your body goes into a "hold" phases where it thinks you are starving it, so it holds onto its reserves. When it realizes this is a new norm, those processes will let up again.

YAY!! So so so happy that you've started an exercise routine and what better motivator than another trip to WDW! I'm confident you'll be able to surpass your 3.1mi/45min goal :thumbsup2 And weight loss stalls are the worst! So frustrating but you've just gotta keep at it and sooner or later (hopefully sooner!) you'll see the scale go down again.

So glad your labs all came back good! I hope your doc can figure out your blood pressure issue soon. And I hear you on the glasses = $$$ issue. Every couple of years I have to get new eyeglasses and I KNOW it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg each time. I either fork over the cash or wear granny glasses. And I ain't wearing no ugly glasses :cutie: princess:. I won't even get into the cost of a nice pair of prescription sunglasses! Even though I only splurge for those every 5 years or so, the cost is :eek: :faint:. Every time.

OMG how super exciting!! CONGRATS on getting into a gym routine! It's the 1st step!! Everyone starts somewhere and you're there! You'll be surprised at how fast your stamina builds up!! :tiptoe:

And, YAY for wanting to participate in the race next year! DH & I just made the decision ourselves to do it also! We want to sign our daughter up (who will be 6 then) for one of the kiddo races, I'll do the 5K & DH wants to do the 1/2 marathon!! We are supes excited!! I've marked my calendar the registration date & will totally be online & ready to register!:yay:

You mentioned that you work on a base...my DH is Active Duty Army and I was just curious as to where you worked. We are currently stationed in Virginia now but I hope like heck our next assignment brings us further south & closer to WDW!!! :earboy2:

Oh wow Billie everything sounds amazing - go you :yay:

Your walking progress is amazing and fitting it in after work sounds very manageable!

I've always walked lots but a few months ago decided to take up running (I've got some serious back problems - spina bifida (the nicest type) and 2 degenerated discs) so need to improve my core strength. This time last year I was in such pain with muscle spasm that I could barely walk. Anyway after lots of physio and pilates sessions it's gotten so much better. I took the running very very slowly and last week ran my first 5K and 3 days later did it again in 34 minutes :)

Keep up the good work my dear!

And for the glasses...even without insurance, Walmart may be cheaper than any other places. I have no vision insurance (don't even start me on lousy insurance...as I picked up two prescriptions for almost $600 yesterday for a one month supply of both!). I get my glasses at Walmart...I have very bad eyes, with astigmatism in both eyes (but a really bad one in my right eye) and I get no line bifocals, thin plastic lenses, no glare stuff, etc...and mine run about $200 total. Which for glasses are not bad. But I am not real picky about frames. So my frames are always under about $50.

I've learned over the years that when people find out you're trying to lose weight, suddenly everybody becomes and expert and wants to "help" you by telling you what you should and shouldn't do... And it kinda infuriates me. :( So the message you saw on there threatening to stop posting food photos was just my way of politely telling folks to BACK OFF. :rotfl:

And this is precisely why I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'm not telling anyone when I'm "dieting". Not even DH, although of course we live together so he sees me trying to eat healthier & exercise.

Way to go! Doing a runDisney event is on my bucket list, although I'm not sure I'll ever completely run one. I just hate running that much but I love walking.

Wayyy too gooooooo!! I'm so proud of you and all your progress. The stalled weight...I'm sure is just that and you will be back on track in no time. And you have a good attitude about it all and that's what matters. You are getting into a routine that works for you!! I think the Disney 5K is such a great thing to work towards...I would love to do that one day!! That time of year is always tricky to get away but ONE DAY I will be there - maybe with you!!! And how much fun you will have planning another trip!! YAY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter