ADRs on-line????

sullymoscow

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what everyone's experience has been with ADRs on-line. I can begin to book next month and have never done it this way. Is it easy? Do you think you get more in that extra hour or do more people still call at 7AM?

Thanks for any advice.
Lori

Actually the online ADRs open up at 3 AM EST, giving you a four hour headstart over those who call at 7 AM. I made all my ADRS at 3 AM with no trouble and got all the places I wanted at the times I wanted. But the online system has been very fritzy, by all reports, for the last few weeks, with many people reporting problems getting it to work. But many, like myself, have had good success at 3 AM. So, if you can stand getting up that early, I'd give it a shot. If it doesn't work, you can always call right at 7 AM. You can also go the online dining reservation site (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/) and "practice" making ADRs, to familiarize yourself with the system - pick a restaurant, pick a date and time within the next 90 days (since that period of time is open to anyone), see what's available, experiment with changing dates and times, etc. It'll make things easier when it's crunch time.

I am trying to book adr's for an upcoming trip and the online reservation system won't load...it didn't load for me yesterday, either.
Am I doing something wrong?

Short of special shows, like Christmas's Candlelight Processional, Fantasmic, or for holiday days themselves, like Christmas, and NYE, online ADR worked fine for me. For shows, you have to call in starting at 7AM anyway, and for holidays, it seemed like the system was overloaded.

They come up online at 3am est but I had an awful time trying to get it to work.i kept getting an error message , then it wouldn't link my ressie so I could unlock the +10.It took my from 300-415 am just to get it to work and then I couldn't make all the ressies cause it kept kicking me out of the system.Disney really needs to work on fixing the glitches

Can't give it a "positive" rating quite yet. When I first tried it for my trip two weeks ago, it went so smoothly that I was very excited! Got all my choices and zipped right through it. Today is my 90-day for the next trip and I've been trying off and on since 3 AM to book online, but ended up calling this morning for my ressies. It's wonderful, when it works! I could get my Resort reservation to come in, but it would never get me past today to make dining choices for the rest of my trip. Got all but one of my first choices, so I'm not complaining! :)

Disney really needs to work on fixing the glitches

I completely agree. I have been unable to get it to link to my resort reservations (got in once but couldn't make them all as it began only giving error messages so I took what I had and got out). Also, I cannot get it to pull up the reservation details for those I have already made. I have contacted Disney about the continuous error messages but have not yet heard back from them. Technology is only good if and when it works.

I almost think calling is the way to go. It takes a bit of time but, considering all the time wasted trying to get the online system to work, in the end at least it functions as intended.

I did online ADRs just last week and the system is glitchy at best. I got on right at 3:00 a.m. EDT, got my reservation number connected and made one ADR right away. I got another one saved in my cart and decided to get bold and do my last one without checking out and locking in the second before that. Big mistake. After that all I got were error messages and I couldn't book another ADR or complete the one that was in my cart.

I tried again at 7:00 a.m. EDT while I was on hold with 407-WDW-DINE and got one more ADR done before the system crashed again and wouldn't let me make another one. I did get that one done on the phone, but the whole process was less than efficient.

These were for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so I'll cut Disney some slack for it being a high-volume day. However, reports on these boards suggest it takes something much less than peak-season volume to bring the system down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter