ADRs for 5 Guests

MamaPoppins1987

Earning My Ears
We are a party of 5 total, but under 2 separate reservations (3+2). Would I have better luck making reservations separately and asking for tables close to each other upon arrival, or should I just stick with making reservations for the entire party? Is 5 such an odd number that I'm pigeonholing any available ADRs?

Last edited:
if you do separate reservations there's no guarantee you'll be seated at tables nearby each other. if reservations for 5 dont work, try table for 6.

I haven't had any issues making reservations for parties of 5. Once in a blue moon over the years I've seen a table available for an even number and not for the odd number just below it, but more recently I haven't found this to happen when booking our ADRs. I wouldn't chance separate reservations as they may or may not be able to seat you near one another.

Certainly not typical, but we once did a split reservation for Boma. At check-in we asked if we could be together... it was no problem because only 1/3 the tables were occupied. We got a table for 10. I guess they were running at reduced capacity and didn't want too many reservations that day.

We are a party of 5. We have gone to WDW over the summer and over free dining several times. I have never had any problem getting ADR's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter