ADR Breakfast at Epcot harder than Dinner at BOG

WalkMeHome

Wants to Move to Disney World
My Mom and I planned a last minute trip to Disney (11/30-12/2) to celebrate getting over a pretty sever illness (I wonder if they have a button for that). I've been able to get a few different reservations at BOG first lunch and now a 7:00pm dinner (I was hoping for closer to 9 - but really I'll take what I can get at this point).

My favorite Disney Character is Sadness (I'm a child therapist and that movie has been amazing for my clients) and I was hoping to meet her at Epcot and have been trying to get breakfast reservations for weeks (well 2 weeks tbh) and nothing has popped up, not once. I didn't realize breakfast at Epcot was such a hot ticket item. (I'm still on sick leave so I look, a lot, at the availability).

Best wishes on a speedy recovery :)!

Just to clarify- why exactly are you looking for an ADR in order to meet Sadness? I'd love to be able to offer advice, but I'm not sure whe the connection lies.

If you want to meet Sadness, it really isn't difficult at Rope Drop without a breakfast ADR. If you want a PPO with hopes of going over early, Garden Grill is the best bet of the two Epcot breakfasts, and you still may not beat rope droppers based on where the Character Spot is and where breakfast is. Akershus will be no help at all for Sadness.

If you want to meet Sadness, it really isn't difficult at Rope Drop without a breakfast ADR. If you want a PPO with hopes of going over early, Garden Grill is the best bet of the two Epcot breakfasts, and you still may not beat rope droppers based on where the Character Spot is and where breakfast is. Akershus will be no help at all for Sadness.

Good to know - I believe they are right across from the Mickey Character spot - I'm so bad with directions so this is really helpful! Sometimes, I feel silly being an adult in the character line without kids, but I'm willing to swallow my pride... I mean this IS Disney. Thanks for the help!

Correct -- Joy, Sadness and Baymax are across from Mickey+ over in FW West. Garden Grill is the far West of FW West.

Unless you're truly gung-ho about GG brekkie (which is good, do not mistake me on this), I'd just RD Joy and Sadness. Or I'd RD J&S and have a late breakfast after, scheduled for 10:15-10:30 ish.

Congrats on your recovery! There's an "I'm Celebrating" button for those with special celebrations. We placed one on my 11 month old's stroller after his recovery from 2 big surgeries. Disney was our often our light at the end of the tunnel when I'd become sad about his upcoming surgeries. Our trip was a great way to celebrate his health & healing! Best wishes!!

ETA: This is not my pic, but it looks like this:
imcelebrating.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Thanks so much for letting me know! I go back to work the week after my trip - I'm trying "to get" stronger every day so I can build up to both of those things.

Awesome posts! Best to both of you. Post like these make me love WDW and the DIS.

Yes, as Aurora said, you would be able to see the characters at RD and beyond without a PPO breakfast reservation, but Garden Grill would be the best shot.
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder
allows you to set an alert for an opening.

Have a wonderful time.

Congrats on your recovery! There's an "I'm Celebrating" button for those with special celebrations. We placed one on my 11 month old's stroller after his recovery from 2 big surgeries. Disney was our often our light at the end of the tunnel when I'd become sad about his upcoming surgeries. Our trip was a great way to celebrate his health & healing! Best wishes!!

ETA: This is not my pic, but it looks like this:
imcelebrating.jpg

Yay! Thanks so much for letting me know! I go back to work the week after my trip - I'm trying "to get" stronger every day so I can build up to both of those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter