Adjoining Rooms on property?

TEM1234

Mouseketeer
Which resorts have adjoining rooms available? (we are a family with 4 children). Is there any way to guarantee adjoining rooms or are we stuck with the more expensive suites?

Thanks

To answer what rooms
I know that All Star Sports does. I have read trip reports on another board where the family stays here with connecting room using a handicapped accessible room connected to a regular room. I don't think they have had any problems even going during the summer months due to jobs and school.
I also know that Carribean Beach does as well. My parents had a King Bed room connected to a room with 2 doubles at the time ( 2010) that my sister and aunt stayed in. My brother's family and mine were in adjoining rooms that were each connected to another room but not to each other.
If you want a door between the 2 rooms ( actually it is 2 doors because the party on both sides need to unlock the door on their side to allow access to the other room) you will need to specify connecting. Adjoining means that the rooms are next to each other and share a wall.

Depending on the ages of your children you could do one of the rooms at CBR or at Port Orleans Riverside that sleeps 5 ( 2 Queen beds plus a trundle) and a child under the age of 3 in a pack n play. From what I understand the trundle or actually they have been remodeled into a flip down murphy style bed is not comfortable for someone much over 5 ft tall or over 120 pound range. In other words this is more for a preschool to early teen (3 or 4 to 11-13 year old), or someone like my aunt who is 4'10 3/4" and you better not forget the 3/4" and does not weight 100 lbs dripping wet if she wasn't in her 70's now.

All resorts have connecting rooms available.
You want your ask for connecting rooms (a door between the two rooms that connects them) rather than adjoining rooms (next to each other).

All resorts have rooms that connect or are adjoining.

Connecting rooms means a door between the 2 rooms that "connect" them to each other.

Adjoining simply means next to each other.

They are not guaranteed (except in some Handicapped Accessible situations). I have seen WAY too many instances of "But they said they were guaranteed!" and then people not get connecting rooms. They are a request and only a request. NEVER count on them.

We have always gotten adjoining rooms when requested until the last trip last month. However, I call Pop Century when I saw in the "your room is ready" text that the rooms weren't together and they changed us to adjoining rooms based on my calling. The catch was we had to be ok being in a different section than we originally requested at the 60 day checkin.

This comes up often on here ...

Pretty sure Disney's definition of "adjoining" is NEAR each other. That can mean same building but maybe not even same floor.

"Connecting" would be side-by-side with door between them. This is a request and not guaranteed. They do their best but there are plenty on Disboards that will tell you they did not get that request fulfilled. Honestly the only thing Disney fine print guarantees you is "a room".

My suggestion, is pack your clothes as if there will be a parent in each room, with some kids. That way if there is no way to work it out if it doesn't happen you don't have to spend all that time split up the clothes. If it works out you'll still have your clothes right there.

The only way to guarantee being together is a suite, cabin, villa ...

You want connecting rooms, not adjoining. And no matter what ain't one tells you on the phone, or online, they are NOT guaranteed. Since you have 2 adults, they can put you in non-connecting rooms and expect you to put one adult in each room.

We stayed at the Polynesian.. one person in our group was handicapped. We got connecting rooms. But up until the time we checked in no one could guarantee it

They will not guarantee connecting rooms, but the times we have requested it (I think both were at WL), we got it. I think it would be fairly rare not to get it when you are listed as a party with 2 adults and 4 kids....but it does happen, especially in busier times, so it is a gamble. Also, it seems like there have been more instances of people not getting the connecting they requested at the values, but I have also seen it at deluxe and mods.

I have requested connecting rooms twice, and both times I've had my request honored. I made sure to put the request EVERYWHERE - my travel agent made a call, I made it my ONLY request on online check in, and I used the Touring Plans room request service.

The resorts were Caribbean Beach and Pop Century in case you were curious. Both times were busy - Free Dining and mid-June. I may have just gotten lucky, but I do think using a Disney travel agent to make an extra call on your behalf helps.

Good luck!

You want connecting rooms, not adjoining. And no matter what ain't one tells you on the phone, or online, they are NOT guaranteed. Since you have 2 adults, they can put you in non-connecting rooms and expect you to put one adult in each room.

Yes, this is an important distinction and you want to make sure to request the right kind of room... connecting and not adjoining. When my daughter and I used to travel Disney with my ex and his 4 kids, we always asked for connecting rooms, and we did always get them. Just make sure to call it in, and explain the situation. And it can't hurt to do as DisneyLizzy said, and use the Touring Plans room request fax service, and make that your only request on the online check in form.

Sounds wonderful! Cabins look so cozy, and you have a kitchen as well as your own deck too! Enjoy!

In theory, the policy says when you have two adults from the same household and any number of children, you can get guaranteed connecting rooms for families. More than two adults, or if the two are from different households, then you can request connecting rooms but it isn't guaranteed.

In practice, I've heard that guaranteed connecting doesn't always happen.

And like Hopperfan said, adjoining means nearby.

Is connecting rooms still an option on online check in? We have called and put our parties as "traveling with" and put in a request for connecting rooms but I thought I heard it wasn't an option anymore for online check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter