Adding a Universal day?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
Going to take a day to go to universal as this is our 3rd disney trip and have not done universal. Any suggestions from those who have done this? Planning on using uber to and from universal

start with www.universalorlando.com

check out the park maps and city walk map to get an idea of the lay of the land.
you'll have a better idea where to do in the parks for specific rides.

you'll also know in advance where the restrooms and first aid rooms are located

read on that site about the rides and shows.

get an idea of what will appeal to you and if you are going to do both parks or one that day.

also, check out some of the threads where they ask for suggestions

this way, in case something is not mentioned in your thread, you might find it in another thread in the forum

do not know if you are going in a busy time period or ?
that could make the difference if you need to decide what to do regarding rides/shows

We've done this before, never used Uber, used Mears shuttle (wasn't overly impressed) to go from Disney to Uni and back. It was fun but a little rushed of a day. We fit probably 75% of what we wanted to see in.

With only one day and no express pass, make sure to have some kind of plan. Make a list of what you absolutely have to do verses if we have time to do. This way if you run out of time, you'll still hit your top choices. Keep an open mind and try not compare everything to Disney. Just enjoy Universal for what it is, and you will have fun. I'd skip a long lunch to help maximize park time. Then, I'd either do a later dinner in Citywalk before returning to Disney or make a late ADR somewhere on Disney property maybe at DS or at one of the hotels.

I agree with Nightowll. Figure out what you want to do before you go so you aren't running around like a mad person. You'll have a much better time.

I would definitely devote at least a full day, open to close. Some people pay for park-to-park tickets and only use them from midday to close, and that makes my heart hurt.

Uber will likely be your cheapest option, good choice.

Remember there are two separate parks, each connected by CityWalk (outside the park) and the Hogwarts Express train (inside the park). The Hogwarts Express requires that you have a park-to-park ticket.

These may help too:
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/universal_studios_florida/
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/universal's_islands_of_adventure/

thank you everyone we are definitely going to be there before park opening and plan on staying until close.
I will find a map of the parks and highlight my list of "must do's"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter