Adding 6th person to already made ADRs

Atchley

"Bedsheets? Who invited that kid?"
I have read several posts where people talk about adding others to their ADRs, but it is usually when they are adding a fifth person to their reservations.
I am wondering how badly it would mess up my reservations for Sept if I try to add a sixth person to my already existing 5 person reservation. I know that we would probably have to cancel the existing ADR and then rebook, but do you think I would likely get the same times?
We are thinking about taking our nephew who has never been to Disney with us. I know that our HDDR reservations could possibly have to be canceled and try to rebook and it would likely throw us up in the balcony and the side, but I am hoping to be able to take him so that he can experience Disney with us. Thanks for any information.

I wouldn't think it would be trouble at all and contemplating telling you to just tell the hostess when you walk up... (Except special places like Hoop Dee Doo)...

They are going to seat you at "Six Top" tables anyway...(I would think)...with five people....so adding another not as big a problem as adding a Fifth to a "four top" table...

DS18 and I got level 1 at HDDR in May...DS could see...but I was almost 'behind' the wall at our four top table... Hope they wouldn't have sat four people there...because 3 wouldn't have seen the show...and I had to move to see it....

Hugs,
Mary

My mom came with us last trip after we had made our adrs. We were 5 and adding her as the 6th was no problem.:wizard:

I can't speak to HDDR but....last year we were at WDW from December 27-January 1. We made all of our ADRs for a party of 8. In November, I got permission to take my 12 year old goddaughter with us and of course, rebooking for 9 (especially at Le Cellier) was out of the question.

So....on the nights I could, I made a reservation for 2 close by or at the same location.

We made sure she looked as adorable as possible when we showed up at our ADRs and explained that at the last minute I was able to afford to give her a special Christmas gift of a trip to the World. All of them (Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, Artist Point, SciFi Drivein) were able to fit her in (although we were definitely cozy!). At LTT we were able to pixie dust a couple that had no ADRs by giving them our table for 2. We were not on the DDP.

Our backup plan if that hadn't worked was that each night a different child would choose the adult to have a special hangout and have pizza/fast food/whatever time with.

We also had tea booked at the Grand Floridian. For that one we did not try to go from 8 to 9. Instead we went to 7--she and I hung out at the Boardwalk that day and looked at all the Christmas decorations.

emacek

You have to remember that restaurant tables are set up in 2's.

Two-tops, four-tops, six-tops, etc.

If you are going from 5 to 6, you are already sitting at a six top anyway.

If you were going from 6 to 7, then it is an issue because they are adding a two-top to your table, when one may already be reserved for someone else. Then you would have to wait until another two-top does become available to add to your table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter