Added undercovertourist tickets to my app...names diff than paper tickets

sunnyshari

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm wondering if I just messed something up. I ordered universal park to park tickets for myself and my 3 family members through Undercovertourist. I just added all of the paper tickets from undercovertourist to my app. However, the names on the tickets showed up differently than what I scanned. For example, say my name is Mary and my son is John. When I scanned John's ticket into the app it showed up as Mary. Will this mess anything up when entering the parks? Should we just each carry around our paper tickets? I also read there's a way to get a paper ticket I could put into a lanyard. Please help as it's been several years since my family and I went to Universal and I am NOT tech savvy. Thanks!

Delete them from the app and use the paper tickets when you get to the park. You really don't need your tickets in the app at Universal. You can get smaller paper tickets printed for the lanyard if you prefer instead of having the big paper tickets. We have our tickets stored in the app too but never use it for anything. I guess it's just there in case we lose our annual passes and need our ticket numbers.

Hint: If you want to get the small tickets printed for the lanyards, go to one of the guest service locations inside the park, not at the main entrances. There won't be a line like at the main guest service locations. In Studios, there is one by MIB, one at King's Cross Station where you exit. In IOA, there is one in Marvel and one in Jurassic.

Delete them from the app and use the paper tickets when you get to the park. You really don't need your tickets in the app at Universal. You can get smaller paper tickets printed for the lanyard if you prefer instead of having the big paper tickets. We have our tickets stored in the app too but never use it for anything. I guess it's just there in case we lose our annual passes and need our ticket numbers.

Hint: If you want to get the small tickets printed for the lanyards, go to one of the guest service locations inside the park, not at the main entrances. There won't be a line like at the main guest service locations. In Studios, there is one by MIB, one at King's Cross Station where you exit. In IOA, there is one in Marvel and one in Jurassic.
Thank you do much!!

I had this issue with tickets purchased from Attraction Tickets UK. When I scanned the QR code on the tickets into the Universal app, the names were swapped from what is printed on the tickets, for 4 of us - my name was swapped with my daughter's, my husband's name was swapped with our son. I thought since there is a chance that we'd use the app to scan in (I am not sure if we will?) I just crossed out and pencilled in the names on our paper tickets to match the ones in the app. I did it that way because I assumed that would be how the names would appear when we scan the QR codes for entry to the park - whatever name is associated with the QR code is the "right" one.

So whether we use paper tickets or the app, each person will have a consistent barcode/ticket number associated with them. I printed out the paper tickets small enough so that they will fit in a lanyard with our hotel-provided express passes, so I think we will probably use those the most. Our trip is in August, and I'm hoping all will be fine!

Interesting, I had the same thing happen when I tried to use the app to scan my tix from undercover tourist.
so at the risk of snarkiness - what is the app good for? wait times? ordering food?
we are staying at RPR so have express pass

Wait times, show times, the map, mobile ordering, seeing if rides are down, checking park hours, the new Minions VillainCon ride/game.

And apparently it keeps track of your dining reservations, which I just found out now poking around but would have been helpful if I knew about that feature a few days ago...

And of course they want you to buy tickets & upgrades on the App...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter