• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

My main goal was to start was feeling better. I was just diagnosed with breast cancer. Being overweight and lack of exercise are both contributing factors. I'm not ready to die yet! And my knees are bad. I had one whole year I could barely walk at all....it was awful! So this past year I've lost 65 pounds. I just started at the gym....week three this week. I had to wait to start working out until my radiation was concluded....it tends to make you tired. I've had good results and did not need chemo. I am considered a survivor at this point but will have to have regular check-ups and of course I'm at higher risk of reoccurrence, but....and this is a big but (no pun intended)....being in shape and eating right will reduce my chances of reoccurrence. That all being said....I'm now just starting to see changes in my body that are becoming more attractive. My muscle tone is already improving just from three weeks of using the weight machines. My old clothes do not fit! I'm buying new things...pretty things....instead of things that hide the fat. So while health is still critically important....I also get the perk of looking pretty darn good these days! I love all the support and all the personal stories on this site. I hope it never ends because I will need the support the rest of my life. I also really enjoy encouraging others to stay strong! I love you guys!

That's an impressive loss! I'm glad the results of the radiation have been so positive and that you are in the survivor category. I'm also glad you get the perk of pretty clothes. I love it here too.

QOTD, August 19, 2015
We're that much closer to the weekend! Happy Woohoo Wednesday, everyone! What's making you woohoo today?

My woo hoo today is the lemon tart that I should not have been eating. First, because it was delicious. And second, because I threw it away after eating only half of it. Probably not the greatest woo hoo ever, but three months ago I would have finished the tart and gone back for a cookie!

After tonight's final exam I am just 117 days from being done with my program (2 more classes!) and exactly 120 days until I go to Disney World.

In random news: I found an amazing flight home from WDW - $118 per person to Los Angeles (Delta Airlines) two days before Christmas. I was shocked and thought it was a typo. We book 1-way tickets for this reason. We are not partial to airline nor miles so we can score these crazy deals.

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Woo hoo! That is a shocker of a price!! Awesome job snagging it!

Happy that tomorrow is a day off from exercise. I've ran 17 miles (5,3,6,3) and taken 1 Jazzercise class over the last 5 days. My body is ready for a break.

That's a lot of activity! Hope you enjoy your day of rest.

It's kind of a yesterday woohoo, but I was still excited today ... when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning, not only had I lost the pound I gained last week, but I lost another 0.5 lbs on top of that!
(Not having my best day today, though, so I gotta step up my game tomorrow if I want to see that low number on Friday's weigh-in

Woo hoo!

I had a great Wednesday! I worked out at the gym. Then, I came home and got under my house to do some clean up and caulking. I'm wicked sore from laying on my side on a dolly for hours, but the work is done! And.....and this is the big woohoo.....I stayed on track with food yet another day!

Good morning! Happy Friday eve! It's my third favorite day of the week :)

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Let's have a fun QOTD today! Waddya say?

QOTD for August, 20 2015
What is your favorite, go-to, must-have snack or drink or meal when you're in the Disney parks?

For me, it's a Mickey bar! I know, I know - it's just milk chocolate over a vanilla ice cream bar! I can get them at the grocery store at home. But there's just something about them being Mickey shaped (and being in a Disney park!) that I can't get over! I have to have one every trip.

ice-cream-bar1.jpg

Cake-Pops.jpg

These guys... oh man. These are my go-to treat. I love the Mickey-shape and the marshmallow ears. And it's like Mickey Inception because you're eating Mickey's head and then there's Mickey sprinkles on it, so you're just definitely enjoying something that is so deliciously Disney.

Has to be red velvet cake. I just Google'd for a picture and it's definitely outdated. They're over $4 now.

I swear that my brain and body believes that my goal for the month is to regain the five pounds I lost in July, not lose another five pounds. New goal might need to be gaining enough flexibility to successfully kick myself in the butt.

QOTD for August, 20 2015
What is your favorite, go-to, must-have snack or drink or meal when you're in the Disney parks?

I have a favorite snack for each park but not an overall favorite snack. So... a montage!

From my favorite of favorite places - Disneyland! - we have the world famous Little Red Wagon Corn Dog! Passing up the pommes frites at Cafe Orleans hurts my heart but sometimes we have to make tough choices.

o.jpg

Bouncing back to Florida and the MK, I never pass up the opportunity for a Dole Whip Float.

CarBeach-5May09-Enh105.jpg

Moving on to DHS, it is a tough choice between the Butterfinger Cupcake and, well, all the other cupcakes at Starring Rolls but Butterfingers will always win.

butterfinger-cupcake.jpg

Animal Kingdom will involve me nibbling on some fruit while repeatedly asking if it is time for our reservation at Boma. I love Boma. But will skip pictures for now because pictures of soup are boring.

After Boma, I'll move on to Epcot and a dark chocolate sea salt caramel from Karmell-Kuche

chocolate-covered-sea-salt-caramel.jpg

Finally, I'll finish back up in California for a churro at DCA. Or some soup with a bread bowl ON THE SIDE because I miss proper California sourdough more than anything in my exile to the east. Churro. Bread. Churro. Bread. Churro. Bread. I think the bread wins. Maybe I need another park day!

Food-Pics-of-the-Week-Soup-in-a-Sourdough-Bread-Bowl-Kirsten-Marie-Hutton.jpg

After my gluttonous trip above, I would like to add I have NEVER gained weight on a Disney trip. In fact, I've always lost 2-3 pounds. Clearly the answer is that I need to move to a theme park and eat treats all day long.
Wow! I wish that would happen for me....but we shall see....in November! Plus I'm cruising end of September...so much food on the ship. But I do have a plan. Eat small portions of whatever I want and get some exercise at the gym every day! Yahoo!

Okay...favorite snacks at Disney...hmmm. I actually wrote down every snack that interested me, with the price and where to get it! I have a list...LOL! But off the top of my head here goes....Jalapeño and Cream Cheese Pretzels, Citrus Swirl, Churro's with Caramel Sauce, School Bread and Bread Pudding from anywhere that serves it. Any Cobbler and oh...two of my absolute favorite desserts is of Crème Brule and Lava Cake! I'd like to keep my gain at five pounds!

I thought of another one.... have you guys had the Croque Glace in "France" at Epcot? A generous scoop of ice cream is placed inside a roll, and then is covered in raspberry or chocolate sauce, and then warmed in a panini press. I am drooling just thinking about it and can't wait to have one again in December.

Inside-Pistachio-version-600x411.jpg

I thought of another one.... have you guys had the Croque Glace in "France" at Epcot? A generous scoop of ice cream is placed inside a roll, and then is covered in raspberry or chocolate sauce, and then warmed in a panini press. I am drooling just thinking about it and can't wait to have one again in December.

Inside-Pistachio-version-600x411.jpg

UM, I have never ever even heard of this, but it is 1000000% on my must-do in October. Holy amazing.

M, I have never ever even heard of this, but it is 1000000% on my must-do in October. Holy amazing.

This treat will change your life -- not exaggerating. I didn't know what to expect because it's bread and ice cream, but it was unexpectedly amazing.

They may even have specialty flavors for Fall, like Pumpkin Spice. I know when we go at Christmas they have the Gingerbread out - husband got that with chocolate sauce. I did chocolate with raspberry sauce. :woohoo:

My woo hoo today is the lemon tart that I should not have been eating. First, because it was delicious. And second, because I threw it away after eating only half of it. Probably not the greatest woo hoo ever, but three months ago I would have finished the tart and gone back for a cookie!

That's definitely a great woohoo! We all have little missteps, but stopping yourself from eating the whole thing is pretty impressive!

I had a great Wednesday! I worked out at the gym. Then, I came home and got under my house to do some clean up and caulking. I'm wicked sore from laying on my side on a dolly for hours, but the work is done! And.....and this is the big woohoo.....I stayed on track with food yet another day!

Awesome woohoo! It's hard to stick to plan every day, and kudos to you for another day on plan!

QOTD for August, 20 2015

Um ... it's a toss up between anything from Ghirardelli (which at WDW is technically in DTD, not a park) and a Mickey Ice Cream bar. Although I haven't had a Mickey bar in a while ... I need to get one (as part of a balanced eating plan) on my next trip!

I swear that my brain and body believes that my goal for the month is to regain the five pounds I lost in July, not lose another five pounds. New goal might need to be gaining enough flexibility to successfully kick myself in the butt.

You've still got 11 days ... tell your brain it's being crazy!!

After my gluttonous trip above, I would like to add I have NEVER gained weight on a Disney trip. In fact, I've always lost 2-3 pounds. Clearly the answer is that I need to move to a theme park and eat treats all day long.

Lucky!
For me its a toss up - some trips I lose, some I gain (I think one I actually stayed the same)

I forgot to add my update at the end of my post...

I went for a 3 mile run this morning which was not great - I'm probably still worn out from pushing myself too hard on Monday. I've got cross training on the schedule for tomorrow and a rest day on Saturday, so hopefully on Sunday I'll be refreshed and ready for another great run.
I'm actually looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow ... I did okay this week, not great, but there's a chance that I'll be down tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping to see good news on the scale.

Other than that ... I got some fabric I ordered online. I will attempt to make myself a new running skirt.
It's funny because I've never made a skirt from scratch before and I refuse to work with a pre-made pattern. Probably not my best idea, but we'll see what happens!

FF-friday-2.jpg

HAPPY FRIDAY, LOSERS!

Hope everyone has some AWESOME weekend plans!

I weighed in this morning, and I'm up 2lbs again. That puts me back at a net gain of 3lbs for the month. So now instead of 7lbs to lose to get under 200, I need to lose 10.
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I'm SO frustrated. I've done 5 days of this HIIT program and while I didn't expect to lose 5lbs in 5 days, SOMETHING in the right direction would be nice. I don't know that I'm on the right track. I definitely don't feel like I'm active enough to justify the extra intake in calories/carbs, even with the HIIT routines, but I also don't know at what point my body is in "starvation mode" because my calories are too low. "Listening" to my body and just eating what and when I want is what got me here in the first place, so definitely not the best way to measure, lol. I'm completely at a loss! I don't know what to do. :(

QOTD for Friday, August 20, 2015:
What's been your biggest frustration with your goals/plans this month?

This is not a happy check in. I'm not surprised by this but I am UP to 213.4, UP 3.4 pounds for the month, and now at a weight I last saw on July 8. It isn't six weeks of lost progress. It is three weeks of lost progress and three weeks of my head just not being in the game. I am SO mad at myself right now. I have a good plan, I have motivation, I have tools, I have support. And. I just ignore it all.... And not even for good reason. CRAPPY PIZZA AND FAST FOOD TACOS ARE NOT GOOD REASONS TO GAIN 3.4 POUNDS.

Rant over. Sorry for the yelling.

The check-in!

-3.4/5 = -68%. 4/8 workouts complete = 50%. So that averages out to -9%. Awesome. I'm going to NOT go eat my feelings now.

View attachment 118490

HAPPY FRIDAY, LOSERS!

Hope everyone has some AWESOME weekend plans!

I weighed in this morning, and I'm up 2lbs again. That puts me back at a net gain of 3lbs for the month. So now instead of 7lbs to lose to get under 200, I need to lose 10.
:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I'm SO frustrated. I've done 5 days of this HIIT program and while I didn't expect to lose 5lbs in 5 days, SOMETHING in the right direction would be nice. I don't know that I'm on the right track. I definitely don't feel like I'm active enough to justify the extra intake in calories/carbs, even with the HIIT routines, but I also don't know at what point my body is in "starvation mode" because my calories are too low. "Listening" to my body and just eating what and when I want is what got me here in the first place, so definitely not the best way to measure, lol. I'm completely at a loss! I don't know what to do. :(

It looks like I was ranting at the same time you were posting! Ugghh. Is it possible that with all of the extra activity, your muscles are just filled up with water? Just ugh though. I'll join you in the scream heard round the world!

My biggest frustration is myself. My weight gain so far this month is attributable to just one thing and I can see her easily if I go find a mirror. . I'm not even rebelling from too drastic of a plan for me to handle. I apparently just want to eat junk food.

I think the biggest frustration for me is time. I want to have the time to do more for my overall plan but I feel limited in what I am able to do due to school and work schedules. Within these constraints I do feel that I am persevering through it. I am making sure that my daily step goal is met. I am staying within my daily WW point total, using only 1-3 "weekly points" per day to make up for anything that I eat.

Looking forward to walking Disneyland tonight. It'll be good to stretch my legs over a long, continuous walk and enjoying the atmosphere of happy (and stinky!) tourists :)

All the parties and events around food! Last weekend I went out with my family on Friday for an "end of the summer" pig out at a buffet and then the next day celebrated a birthday party. And it's hard to get back on track after a weekend of eating everything in sight. Fortunately, with school starting up there are less events around food. I just have one more, a family get together with extended family. I'll be tracking diligently and saving up all my weeklies so that I can eat guilt free. I'm just hoping I don't gain too much for my weigh in tomorrow. Rough week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter