• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

Ugh. Woke up yesterday with a raging fever and the worst sore throat I've had in years. I made it in to the doctor and I've got strep. :worried: I'm also STARVING so I've been sucking down orange juliuses, ice cream, and ramen noodles like there is no tomorrow. According to MFP, I've managed to consume 2200 calories today without even being able to swallow properly. I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in though. My throat still hurts and I'm totally wiped out but the fever is down, my head isn't pounding, and I can sit up without the room spinning.

Didn't WI yesterday or today but will attempt to remember to do so tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to demand scrambled eggs and ginger ale and then go back to sleep (for the record, I'm a TERRIBLE sick person and my husband is a saint).

You guys! I am SO sorry! I totally dropped the ball and forgot to do a QOTW of this morning!! I promise I didn't bail! Haha, I will put up our QOTW tomorrow morning.

@DisPup75 yikes!! I hope those antibiotics kick in and do their thing ASAP! I haaaate being sick, and I've never even had strep. I can only imagine what you're dealing with! Hope you get to feeling better soon, but in the meantime, enjoy your totally acceptable excuse for all the orange juliuses and ice cream you need! LOL. Get some good sleep, too! SO glad you've got a wonderful DH that will take care of you when you're sick! Confession - I'm not a good "sickie", but DH2B is even WORSE... and I am low on patience anyway, so I can't put up with it for very long, lol. I bet you'll be right as rain in no time!

I'm starting a 60-day at-home HIIT cardio program tomorrow. Not even going to lie, I'm pretty terrified of it. Just from looking through the exercises, it doesn't seem too bad... but it's probably going to make me want to die. Since it's a fitness & nutrition program, we'll be tweaking our diet, too.

We're going from strictly high-protein/low-carb, to a more Weight Watcher's style, where you can totally have whatever you want to eat, you just have to account for it in your daily macronutrient totals. Want to eat 4 double stuffed Oreos at 11am? Sure! Go for it! Enjoy! Just remember, that's 60g of your daily carbs, and 20g of your daily fat, so that's 60g/20g less you can have later in the day. That's basically what I was doing before, but my numbers are just a lot higher now. Calculating the totals for this program have me really stressed out. I'm sure I wasn't getting enough nutrients previously to be sustainable (1200-ish calories, under 40 carbs) but the numbers for the new program came out to be 2600 calories, 260 carbs, and 197 protein A DAY.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

WHAAAAAATTTT?! I was barely getting 1200 calories before and already felt like I was eating all day. I was never hungry, either. And now 2600!? I tweaked my numbers a little bit (ok, a lot a bit) and did the same calculations consistent with a daily caloric intake of 1800 and 2000 calories, which seems more manageable, but I still don't know how on earth I'm going to get there. Ugh. With the 1800 calories, I'm still looking at 100 carbs a day. I've been on "no/low carb" for so long now that I'm almost afraid of them. We went to the grocery store tonight and everytime I picked something up, it was "Oh, no, that has 12g of carbs, that has 5g of carbs, that has 8g of carbs, that's way too much." Ok, sure, 12g is more than 50% of my daily carbs before, but now it's just 12%. It'll definitely take some adjusting. I'm just hoping the exercises don't kick my butt too too much. My best friend just started working for the company that puts out this plan (he did the 6-month gym version of it and his results were INCREDIBLE) and he bought this version for me as a wedding gift (because I was asking a lot of questions about it! LOL. He didn't just throw a weight loss program at me as a not-so-subtle hint), so now I HAVE to do it or I'll just feel guilty AND fat. LOL.

I just hope I get some results out of it. I'll have to be really smart and diligent about my tracking so I don't just lose my mind now that carbs are "ok" again, haha. But I'm willing to do whatever at this point! I'll definitely be proud of myself if I make it through even the first 30 days. Going to try to get in some meal prep for the week tomorrow, too. Fingers crossed for pixie dust!

Did anyone keep up with the D23 expo yesterday and today? Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land announced for DHS. 25 acres between the two of them, and 4 new rides and 1 new restaurant. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I know DHS needs the love, and rides or not, the plans look amazing. And let's face it, it's just as much about atmosphere as it is about the rides. I just think it's funny that this is a rumored $3 Billion expansion, and there are only 4 new rides. One of which is a Dumbo-type spinner. :rotfl: But believe me, I know I'll be there once it's open. DHS is my favorite park (the nostalgia of the golden era of Disney-MGM Studios keeps my passion for that park alive through all its issues!) and I'm glad to see it get some attention. I am just also hoping that there's another trick up Disney's sleeve and they've got some plans waiting for a special occasion to be announced. We shall see! I was a little disappointed that the Pixar Place expansion is for more Toy Story specific stuff rather than general Pixar stuff - I LOVE Toy Story!! LOVE IT. I just think that ship has sailed (Toy Story 4 was confirmed this weekend, and I really think they should've left it at 3...) and that a general Pixar Place would've been much more expandable in the future. Plus I was really pushing for that Monsters, Inc. door coaster! Haha. I WILL say, though, that I'm really excited about the new Jungle Cruise restaurant at MK. Wish it would be open when I go in October!

In other personal exciting news, DH2B and my MNSSHP costumes came in this weekend!! WOOHOOO! Mine needs just a little altering - I thought it was a dress but it's actually a skirt and top, and the material the top is made out of (combined with it being short anyway) makes it ride up so I'm constantly tugging at it to pull it back down. Thankfully my mom is magic with a sewing machine (a trait that I, sadly, did not inherit) so she's going to sew the top to the skirt and problem solved! DH2B's belt will be replaced with a red fabric belt/sash. The belt that came with it is removeable, thank goodness, and is really cheap and awful looking. No worries, though! I'm crafty enough to come up with a sash, just as long as I don't have to run it through a sewing machine! Haha. (Way off topic, but in college, we did a children's theatre show for St. Jude, and sewed fabric tails and ears for the kids to wear so they could be animals... I'm surprised I didn't fail that class, with as frustrated as my teacher got at me. I had that sewing macine broken every 5 minutes :rotfl:).... I ordered our costumes the same night but long enough apart that by the time I found and ordered mine, I forgot what I had ordered for DH2B... Turns out they match! LOL. I normally don't like obviously matchy couple things, but I'm ok with this. Now just to find me some gold hoop earrings!

11846688_10204970700536196_4415133645534760284_n.jpg

That's my Saturday, folks! Hope everyone else had a great (or great-as-possible) one! I'll be back in the morning to put up a QOTW, and tomorrow evening to update the results, but hopefully I'll be back in between to chat with you all! :)

In other personal exciting news, DH2B and my MNSSHP costumes came in this weekend!!

You guys both look adorable. I LOVE IT - the themed costumes are great and you're going to have so much fun.

Hubs and I are doing Disneyland's Halloween event on 10/16 and we're dressing up as Vanellope and Ralph from Wreck it Ralph. I am surprising him with the "You're My Hero" medal when he puts his costume on the day-of because he is my hero and he's not expecting it. And like you, we have minor adjustments needed for the pieces but we have plenty of time to do so. You'll do fine with your adjustments - just be patient and don't rush. Plus who knows... your costume may be a bit big when you go to the actual event!!

You guys both look adorable. I LOVE IT - the themed costumes are great and you're going to have so much fun.

Hubs and I are doing Disneyland's Halloween event on 10/16 and we're dressing up as Vanellope and Ralph from Wreck it Ralph. I am surprising him with the "You're My Hero" medal when he puts his costume on the day-of because he is my hero and he's not expecting it. And like you, we have minor adjustments needed for the pieces but we have plenty of time to do so. You'll do fine with your adjustments - just be patient and don't rush. Plus who knows... your costume may be a bit big when you go to the actual event!!

Thank you so much! I am SO excited. This will be 4th MNSSHP and DH2B's first. He is NOT a dresser-upper, so the fact that he's wiling to wear a full pirate costume means a whole lot. LOL

YOU. GUYS. I just got done with Day 1 of the HIIT program. Literally. I'm typing this as I'm laying on the couch dying. I think my heart is going to beat out of my chest. On paper those exercises don't look too bad, but in reality? It's very obvious I haven't been in marching band since 2006 - which means I haven't had any real, extended, day-after-day, regular cardio since 2006. Oh my word. I'm really proud of myself for getting through all of it. I will be 100% honest, though - I was supposed to do 5 sets of 10 burpees... I did 5 burpees. Very, very, VERY poorly. Those things are MONSTERS. Have any of you ever tried to do those? If you haven't, take 3 minutes RIGHT NOW and go watch a YouTube video of how to do a burpee, and then try to do 10. Seriously. Let me know how they work out for you.

That leads me to this weekend's QOTW!

QOTW, August 15 & 16, 2015:

What is an exercise that you never thought you could do that now you can? Or, what is one exercise that you REALLY want to be able to do without feeling like you're going to die? It doesn't have to be anything crazy like a 5 minute plank or 100 burpees or a 10 minute wall sit. It can be as simple as 3 reps of 12 bicep curls or 10 push ups or 15 jumping jacks. Or anything!

5afafe14c75c5354d9ae81fd197c1753.jpg

Last edited:

Don't forget your week 2 results if you haven't submitted them already! I'll be getting those updated tonight. :goodvibes

Ugh. Woke up yesterday with a raging fever and the worst sore throat I've had in years. I made it in to the doctor and I've got strep. :worried: I'm also STARVING so I've been sucking down orange juliuses, ice cream, and ramen noodles like there is no tomorrow. According to MFP, I've managed to consume 2200 calories today without even being able to swallow properly. I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in though. My throat still hurts and I'm totally wiped out but the fever is down, my head isn't pounding, and I can sit up without the room spinning.

Ouch! Feel better!

WHAAAAAATTTT?! I was barely getting 1200 calories before and already felt like I was eating all day. I was never hungry, either. And now 2600!? I tweaked my numbers a little bit (ok, a lot a bit) and did the same calculations consistent with a daily caloric intake of 1800 and 2000 calories, which seems more manageable, but I still don't know how on earth I'm going to get there. Ugh. With the 1800 calories, I'm still looking at 100 carbs a day. I've been on "no/low carb" for so long now that I'm almost afraid of them. We went to the grocery store tonight and everytime I picked something up, it was "Oh, no, that has 12g of carbs, that has 5g of carbs, that has 8g of carbs, that's way too much." Ok, sure, 12g is more than 50% of my daily carbs before, but now it's just 12%. It'll definitely take some adjusting. I'm just hoping the exercises don't kick my butt too too much. My best friend just started working for the company that puts out this plan (he did the 6-month gym version of it and his results were INCREDIBLE) and he bought this version for me as a wedding gift (because I was asking a lot of questions about it! LOL. He didn't just throw a weight loss program at me as a not-so-subtle hint), so now I HAVE to do it or I'll just feel guilty AND fat. LOL.

It's definitely hard to increase your calorie intake. I had that problem when I upped myself from 1200 to 1400 - the only way I could think of getting more was eeating junk food non-stop, which is probably a bad idea. I think in time you'll figure it out - adding the carbs back in will help, and I think that in time you'll figure out what meals can be in the calorie range you need and still be healthy.

Did anyone keep up with the D23 expo yesterday and today? Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land announced for DHS. 25 acres between the two of them, and 4 new rides and 1 new restaurant. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I know DHS needs the love, and rides or not, the plans look amazing. And let's face it, it's just as much about atmosphere as it is about the rides. I just think it's funny that this is a rumored $3 Billion expansion, and there are only 4 new rides. One of which is a Dumbo-type spinner. :rotfl: But believe me, I know I'll be there once it's open. DHS is my favorite park (the nostalgia of the golden era of Disney-MGM Studios keeps my passion for that park alive through all its issues!) and I'm glad to see it get some attention. I am just also hoping that there's another trick up Disney's sleeve and they've got some plans waiting for a special occasion to be announced. We shall see! I was a little disappointed that the Pixar Place expansion is for more Toy Story specific stuff rather than general Pixar stuff - I LOVE Toy Story!! LOVE IT. I just think that ship has sailed (Toy Story 4 was confirmed this weekend, and I really think they should've left it at 3...) and that a general Pixar Place would've been much more expandable in the future. Plus I was really pushing for that Monsters, Inc. door coaster! Haha. I WILL say, though, that I'm really excited about the new Jungle Cruise restaurant at MK. Wish it would be open when I go in October!

I could live without Star Wars Land. I'm sorry, I just can't get into Star Wars (and this is coming from a self-proclaimed sci-fi nerd), so I hate that it's taking over. (This must be how some people feel about Frozen ... but Frozen isn't getting its own land)
I am excited about Toy Story Land, but I too wish it had been general Pixar. There are so many underrepresented Pixar movies that could have gone into that land! Plus, keeping a Pixar theme could have meant keeping the existing Pixar character meet & greets (Cars & Monsters Inc, and maybe even bringing back The Incredibles), and now I'm not sure if they'll do that - and those unique M&G are part of what I love so much about DHS!

In other personal exciting news, DH2B and my MNSSHP costumes came in this weekend!! WOOHOOO! Mine needs just a little altering - I thought it was a dress but it's actually a skirt and top, and the material the top is made out of (combined with it being short anyway) makes it ride up so I'm constantly tugging at it to pull it back down. Thankfully my mom is magic with a sewing machine (a trait that I, sadly, did not inherit) so she's going to sew the top to the skirt and problem solved! DH2B's belt will be replaced with a red fabric belt/sash. The belt that came with it is removeable, thank goodness, and is really cheap and awful looking. No worries, though! I'm crafty enough to come up with a sash, just as long as I don't have to run it through a sewing machine! Haha. (Way off topic, but in college, we did a children's theatre show for St. Jude, and sewed fabric tails and ears for the kids to wear so they could be animals... I'm surprised I didn't fail that class, with as frustrated as my teacher got at me. I had that sewing macine broken every 5 minutes :rotfl:).... I ordered our costumes the same night but long enough apart that by the time I found and ordered mine, I forgot what I had ordered for DH2B... Turns out they match! LOL. I normally don't like obviously matchy couple things, but I'm ok with this. Now just to find me some gold hoop earrings!

I love the costumes! I think they're matching enough that they look cute together, but still a little different, which is nice.

YOU. GUYS. I just got done with Day 1 of the HIIT program. Literally. I'm typing this as I'm laying on the couch dying. I think my heart is going to beat out of my chest. On paper those exercises don't look too bad, but in reality? It's very obvious I haven't been in marching band since 2006. Oh my word. I'm really proud of myself for getting through all of it. I will be 100% honest, though - I was supposed to do 5 sets of 10 burpees... I did 5 burpees. Very, very, VERY poorly. Those things are MONSTERS. Have any of you ever tried to do those? If you haven't, take 3 minutes RIGHT NOW and go watch a YouTube video of how to do a burpee, and then try to do 10. Seriously. Let me know how they work out for you.

Burpees are the devil. Seriously. I think they were invented as a torture device and then later became exercise.

What is an exercise that you never thought you could do that now you can? Or, what is one exercise that you REALLY want to be able to do without feeling like you're going to die? It doesn't have to be anything crazy like a 5 minute plank or 100 burpees or a 10 minute wall sit. It can be as simple as 3 reps of 12 bicep curls or 10 push ups or 15 jumping jacks. Or anything!

I wish I didn't hate squats and lunges. I can do them (a little), but not more than 2-3 at a time, and I wish I could do more. I'm sure that if I didn't avoid them quite as much as I do I'd learn to do it eventually, but ... it's easier to just avoid them!

---

So ... my weekend has been not so great so far. I ate too much yesterday, and while I thought about doing some exercise (it was supposed to be my rest day, but I would have switched rest day to later in the week), I just couldn't muster up the energy. Today's a new day, right?
The good news is, my mom did tons of fish grilling on Friday, so we've got one of my favorite sources of protein around the house! We have salmon, tilapia, and tuna, so there's enough variety that I can have fish multiple times this week without getting bored!

Or, what is one exercise that you REALLY want to be able to do without feeling like you're going to die?

I want to be able to run that 10K I signed up for... but like with this weight loss, it's going to be a long journey and require patience, dedication, and the ability to get past the initial frustration of how hard it'll be. I'm going from novice to runner in 9 months. Yay!

We're weighing in tonight, so I'll post an update of my goal later.

Quick check-in - back up to 210.2 with 3 workouts complete. So that puts me at -.2/5 (-4%) and 3/8 (37.5%). So if my bad math skills are correct, that means I am 16.75% of the way to my August goal.

Back to chat later! Thanks for the get well wishes, I am definitely on the mend.:earsboy:

WEEK TWO RESULTS
Below are the week 2 results that have been submitted to me so far. Week one results are to the left of the "|" and week two results to the right. "//" means no results were submitted for that week. Please let me know if I missed your submission!

@JacknSally - 11.4% | 0%
@JennysSeven - 82% |
@IHeartDale - // |
@DisPup75 - 14.5% | 16.75%
@SarahDisney - 17% | 0%
@dsnyfn1022 - 25% | 87%
@Connie96 - // |
@budz211 - // |
@Keithsmomma - 19.4% |
@ohMom - // |
@LadyRayado - // |
@alrushton - // |
@bigsis1970 - // |
@Rose&Mike - // |
@pjlla - // |
@courtneybeth - 31% | 62.5%
@ThistleMae - 84% |
@ImpossibleOfMe - // | 38%

So, are we feeling good about our progress this month? If not, DON'T get discouraged! There's still plenty of time to see changes. Week three kicks off tomorrow!

Last edited:
It's definitely hard to increase your calorie intake. I had that problem when I upped myself from 1200 to 1400 - the only way I could think of getting more was eating junk food non-stop, which is probably a bad idea. I think in time you'll figure it out - adding the carbs back in will help, and I think that in time you'll figure out what meals can be in the calorie range you need and still be healthy.

I'm currently sitting 600 calories short of my goal for the day, and I feel like I ate ALL DAY to get there. But I met my carb, fat, and protein goals, so I'm completely at a loss of how to make up the calories. What's most important, anyhow? The calories or the macros?

I could live without Star Wars Land. I'm sorry, I just can't get into Star Wars (and this is coming from a self-proclaimed sci-fi nerd), so I hate that it's taking over. (This must be how some people feel about Frozen ... but Frozen isn't getting its own land)
I am excited about Toy Story Land, but I too wish it had been general Pixar. There are so many underrepresented Pixar movies that could have gone into that land! Plus, keeping a Pixar theme could have meant keeping the existing Pixar character meet & greets (Cars & Monsters Inc, and maybe even bringing back The Incredibles), and now I'm not sure if they'll do that - and those unique M&G are part of what I love so much about DHS!

Yes! Especially with Incredibles 2 coming out, and Cars 3. I read on the TPAS board that they only announced 25 acres worth of plans but have actually closed/are rumored to close a total of 36 acres, so there's another 11 acres unaccounted for. Fingers crossed for something exciting! I just hope they keep the "old Hollywood" feel. I'll be heartbroken if they do away with that.

I wish I didn't hate squats and lunges. I can do them (a little), but not more than 2-3 at a time, and I wish I could do more. I'm sure that if I didn't avoid them quite as much as I do I'd learn to do it eventually, but ... it's easier to just avoid them!

I hate lunges, too - but I love the results they give! But I totally understand avoiding them... I'm that way with a lot of things! Like vegetables, lol.

So ... my weekend has been not so great so far. I ate too much yesterday, and while I thought about doing some exercise (it was supposed to be my rest day, but I would have switched rest day to later in the week), I just couldn't muster up the energy. Today's a new day, right?
The good news is, my mom did tons of fish grilling on Friday, so we've got one of my favorite sources of protein around the house! We have salmon, tilapia, and tuna, so there's enough variety that I can have fish multiple times this week without getting bored!

Hope today went better for you!! How awesome that you've got so many great options ready to go! I made up almond butter today (throw some almonds and some coconut oil in the food processor and go to town!) and I am SO excited to have an almond butter & jelly sandwich for lunch tomorrow! Haha.

Quick check-in - back up to 210.2 with 3 workouts complete. So that puts me at -.2/5 (-4%) and 3/8 (37.5%). So if my bad math skills are correct, that means I am 16.75% of the way to my August goal.

Back to chat later! Thanks for the get well wishes, I am definitely on the mend.:earsboy:

So glad to hear you're doing better!! And congrats on the higher number for week two!

Week 2 Results:

Pounds Lost: 2 pounds
Grand Total: 5 pounds
Pounds to go: 3

I can feel the plateau coming. Time to change up what I am eating.

But you still made progress this week, losing another 9% of your goal, so that's fantastic! I updated the week 2 results post to show your new total, btw. :) What food changes will you make? Any ideas?

The biggest meal changes will be at breakfast and lunch. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and a tuna sammich for lunch every day last week, but I think changing it up with the WW bagel thins a few days and maybe a ham sammich or two at lunch will make a difference. Still within my points but trying to confuse my body.

I'm currently sitting 600 calories short of my goal for the day, and I feel like I ate ALL DAY to get there. But I met my carb, fat, and protein goals, so I'm completely at a loss of how to make up the calories. What's most important, anyhow? The calories or the macros?

That's a question I ask myself a lot, because sometimes I can meet the calorie goal, but not all the macros, and sometimes I meet the macros and not the calorie goal. I wish I knew the answer ... it would be so much simpler!

So ... I didn't have dinner tonight. A 5PM baseball game should have had me home around 9ish, but since the game started long and went on forever (and then we had to make a stop on the way home), I got home at 10:30, having only had a beer and a few jelly beans since lunch. But I'm not hungry. I'm trying to decide whether I should eat something or just go to sleep and start over tomorrow. I'm tired, so even though I should eat, I'll probably just head to sleep.
Good night, all!

Unhappy Saturday! I had a really bad night. I was totally out of control. I did good all day and then it hit around 7 p.m. It started with my homemade chili. Went from one bowl to 4 bowls. Then I ate an ice cream, then another, then another. Then I hit up the fudge I froze from my lunch this week. Three pieces! Of course I woke up with that dreadful "failure" feeling. But....I'm back on track today. It's just so disheartening when I've done so good for 2 weeks. And once it hits it's like a roller coaster ride....I can't stop it once it starts! But this is part of the disease. I really believe it's just like alcoholism. On to a new day. I'm going in with a positive attitude and like the advice I gave above...I'm not going to beat myself up over it....I'm going to pick myself up and start over! Have a great Weekend everyone!

I think we all have days like this (or at least I do). What's important is to just not beat yourself up too badly and move on. Today is a new day!

Hope you are feeling better! My daughter is home from school today (it's only the 3rd day of school!) with similar symptoms to what you are describing.

I'm starting a 60-day at-home HIIT cardio program tomorrow. Not even going to lie, I'm pretty terrified of it. Just from looking through the exercises, it doesn't seem too bad... but it's probably going to make me want to die. Since it's a fitness & nutrition program, we'll be tweaking our diet, too.

We're going from strictly high-protein/low-carb, to a more Weight Watcher's style, where you can totally have whatever you want to eat, you just have to account for it in your daily macronutrient totals. Want to eat 4 double stuffed Oreos at 11am? Sure! Go for it! Enjoy! Just remember, that's 60g of your daily carbs, and 20g of your daily fat, so that's 60g/20g less you can have later in the day. That's basically what I was doing before, but my numbers are just a lot higher now. Calculating the totals for this program have me really stressed out. I'm sure I wasn't getting enough nutrients previously to be sustainable (1200-ish calories, under 40 carbs) but the numbers for the new program came out to be 2600 calories, 260 carbs, and 197 protein A DAY.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Good luck with your new program! I will be curious to see how you like it.

It was hard to keep up with all the Expo announcements! I'm with you on the Toy Story Land. I too would have been happier to see a Pixar land but I know the big trend is to have the over the top theming for the whole land and that is much easier to do with a focus on one franchise. I don't doubt it will be great though and improvements are desperately needed at DHS. ;) I'm excited about Star Wars Land too at DHS but I don't think there should be a designated franchise land at Disneyland. If it was at DCA I would be ok but I'm really not on board with it at Disneyland at all.

You guys look great in your MNSSHP costumes!

That leads me to this weekend's QOTW!

QOTW, August 15 & 16, 2015:

My exercise goals right now are going to be running related. I ran my first half in June and I was pretty disappointed with my time. I'm training for another in October and I really, really hope I can beat my time by at least 5 minutes (really hoping for 10 minutes because that was my original goal time.... 2:10ish).

Didn't WI yesterday or today but will attempt to remember to do so tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to demand scrambled eggs and ginger ale and then go back to sleep (for the record, I'm a TERRIBLE sick person and my husband is a saint).
Oh no! Hope u feel better soon. Being sick is just awful!

I'm a little discouraged because I only lost .2 pounds this week. I did really good except for that one bad night. I knew it would impact my total for the week but I didn't realize just how much. So....off to a new week...staying on track....and going to the gym. With only two weeks to go for my August goal I'm doing good....but isn't it funny how one slight setback seems to take everything away. It's just like when I weighed so much less than I do now, I look at old photo's and think...."Wow, you looked great back then!" But I can remember how I felt and I didn't feel like I looked great, I felt that I was fat! The games the mind can play with your self esteem can be really hurtful. Just something to think about and try to keep things in perspective. I will reach my goal this month!

Good morning, beautiful people!! Happy Monday to everyone! I hope everyone had a great, relaxing weekend, full of productivity if need be, full of rest, and full of smiles! I completely forgot that I did all of my Monday work on Friday, so I have nothing to do this morning. LOL. Definitely not complaining. I just wish I'd thought to bring my food notebook with me so I could plan out meals for the rest of the week. Oh, well.

Is everyone excited to start WEEK THREE today?? Only this week and next week (and 2 more days) left in our August challenge - does anyone else feel like breaking up the months week by week like this makes them go by so much faster?! It's crazy.

So, at this point in the month, we've got two weeks of results under our belts, and some of us are thrilled with where we are, and some of us are a little less than pleased. No matter which camp you're in, now is NOT the time to give up! You might be down 87% of your goal, but that does NOT mean that you can slack off for the rest of the month, or even for just a few days! Otherwise, you might end up right back where you started. Besides, who wouldn't want to finish at 110% of their goal??

On the other hand, you might be stuck at 0% of your goal - I am! - and you might be frustrated and discouraged and ready to call the month a wash and go back to your favorite foods and just try again in September. But you can't give up now! If you stop now, you definitely won't make any progress before the 31st. And if you're like me, you are SO tired of constantly "starting over" with your weight loss plan.

17ae22fb1a45f9bcc04b2996121e0bcf.jpg

I weighed in up 6lbs after my little diet-experiment-gone-wrong, and I'm pleased to say that I'm finally back at the weight I was at the beginning of August. That is such a discouraging thought! After two weeks, and losing six pounds, I am.... right back where I started. UGH. But instead of getting frustrated at myself and the scale this morning, and instead of dreading coming in to work, I decided to take a little extra time for myself this morning. Ordinarily, my morning routine basically consists of drag-myself-out-of-bed, throw-on-whatever-clothes-I-can-find, and rush-out-of-the-house. Because, let's face it, I'm chronically 15 minutes late to EVERYTHING. I don't really wear makeup anymore and I basically don't care what I look like at work - I don't dress like a slob, but I sit in a cubicle and don't talk to anyone all day, so why get dressed up? But this morning I had a little extra time (because I tried to wake up early enough to get in a work-out before work... No surprise, that didn't happen LOL) so instead of rushing out the door with wet hair (thankfully it dries wavy/curly), I took the time to blow dry and loose-curl it, put on a little eyeliner and mascara, and put on a new blouse that I got for our Disney trip (OK, that one was strictly out of necessity - since it's brand new, I knew it was clean, and since I hadn't intended to wear it before Disney, I knew exactly where it was LOL)... It's amazing what taking a little time to pamper yourself can do to your overall mood! As of right now, I'm actually looking forward to going home and tackling day 2 of my HIIT program - hopefully I'll still feel that way when I get home at 5pm! So, even though, I am currently sitting at 0% of my goal, I feel good, and that's just as important as any number on a scale. AND I did it without wrecking my diet for the day.

QOTD for Monday, August 17, 2015:
What are some non-food ways you like to treat or pamper yourself? Do you go get a mani-Pedi (or just paint your nails yourself)? Do you get dressed up when you really have no reason to other than you just want to? Do you go on a shopping spree, take a bubble bath, color your hair, or curl up on the couch with a book and tell the kids they can't bother you for 30 minutes? I want everyone to do ONE thing, no matter how big or small, to pamper themselves today, so we can all start out week three FEELING GOOD and ready to finish the month strong!

-- REMEMBER --
11df12bcfdc5478a51f88c8e0227372b.jpg

I'm a little discouraged because I only lost .2 pounds this week. I did really good except for that one bad night. I knew it would impact my total for the week but I didn't realize just how much. So....off to a new week...staying on track....and going to the gym. With only two weeks to go for my August goal I'm doing good....but isn't it funny how one slight setback seems to take everything away. It's just like when I weighed so much less than I do now, I look at old photo's and think...."Wow, you looked great back then!" But I can remember how I felt and I didn't feel like I looked great, I felt that I was fat! The games the mind can play with your self esteem can be really hurtful. Just something to think about and try to keep things in perspective. I will reach my goal this month!

Sorry about your bad night! It can be so discouraging when your mind goes on auto-pilot (I've done this so many times before). I totally agree that it's a part of the disease. I always imagine the scene in Finding Nemo with the sharks and Dory gets a bloody nose and Bruce smells it and it's all over...that's how I am with sugar lol! But you did lose which is great! A quarter of a pound is still a stick of butter. So keep your chin up!

What are some non-food ways you like to treat or pamper yourself?

I have a massage pad that I got for Christmas. I haven't used it in a while but my back is sore from working on my car for 2 hours yesterday so I think I'll treat myself to that tonight! Great QOTD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter