?? about changing a reservation when nothing is currently available

disneyin2008

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation at CBR 12/6 to 12/14.....but not only are there no codes that seem to work, the CM told me that there are not even any rooms left at rack rate. :scared1:

But....I was able to get a smokin' rate for the week before at POR ($84 a night, isn't that almost value rate!!!). I realize after I got my confirmation that she booked me for 12/6 as well.....which means I now have two rooms for that night. Obviously, since I don't need two rooms, at two resorts, I want to cancel one of them.....financially the wise move is to cancel the CBR since it's got only a AAA discount so it's more expensive than POR.

My question/concern: If I call back and ask them to alter my CBR reservation and remove the first night, will they cancel that ressie and then I could lose it altogether if someone else snatches it up before CM can book me from the other nights?

Or do they simply remove the one night I don't want, and leave the rest of the ressie intact??

When I had the AAA discount on POR and then called and changed it to a code rate, I kept the same confirmation #, so obviously that didn't cancel/rebook, but does it work the same if you drop a day???

With CBR sold out, I would rather pay the extra than lose the whole week!

HELP!

They have been able to modify the length of stay for me in the past w/o a problem.

They have been able to modify the length of stay for me in the past w/o a problem.

Thanks for responding......have you done it when there was no availablity left? And did you keep the same confirmation number?

I know they can change the dates obviously people do that all the time, I'm just not clear on if the process is going to cancel my existing reservation and thus throw it into the pool for someone else to grab it before I can get it back for the remaining dates. That would leave me with no room at all and that's a very bad thing, :sick:

Don't know if the resort was sold out. My understanding in regards to your situation is that they will simply remove the one night you don't need. They will not cancel the entire res and then try and rebook just the nites you need.

I've don't know this for 100% certain but that appeared to be what the agent did for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter