?? about booking military rates past Sept

Ariel on Land

DIS Veteran
Since the military rates "expire" in September and the new rates (if any are released) won't come out until August, how should I best go about booking an October stay with the assumption that they will continue the promotion?? I obviously don't want to wait until August to book, so do I book the rooms I want now at rack rates? And then will the discounted rooms be released in August? So if I wanted say a standard room at POR, do I book now, then call when the promo is released and see if I can apply to current POR room?

Also, does the discount apply at AoA? LM rooms or just the suites?

Trying to figure out my game plan!!! DH's past and current deployments have both gone through the end of September so I am always in this pickle! :headache: Last time we just ended up going w/ FD, but I'm not sure I want that this time. Thanks for your help!!

I really hope someone answers this because I am in the exact situation! We're also going in October, and am really wanting to reserve things.

Since the military rates "expire" in September and the new rates (if any are released) won't come out until August, how should I best go about booking an October stay with the assumption that they will continue the promotion?? I obviously don't want to wait until August to book, so do I book the rooms I want now at rack rates? And then will the discounted rooms be released in August? So if I wanted say a standard room at POR, do I book now, then call when the promo is released and see if I can apply to current POR room?

Also, does the discount apply at AoA? LM rooms or just the suites?

Trying to figure out my game plan!!! DH's past and current deployments have both gone through the end of September so I am always in this pickle! :headache: Last time we just ended up going w/ FD, but I'm not sure I want that this time. Thanks for your help!!

You can book what you want now and add the promo if released. It doesn't mean you won't have to change rooms/resorts if there are no discounted rooms available there. If you'll be booking dining with the military discount just book aka with a one day ticket and dining so when you add the military discount you won't need to cancel and rebook a room only/pkg.

AoA suites are included.... Not LM.

You can book what you want now and add the promo if released. It doesn't mean you won't have to change rooms/resorts if there are no discounted rooms available there. If you'll be booking dining with the military discount just book aka with a one day ticket and dining so when you add the military discount you won't need to cancel and rebook a room only/pkg.

AoA suites are included.... Not LM.[/

Ok now I am confused. Why do you have to book a one day ticket? I have read that you can do a military rate on the room, use military discount tickets, and still add the dining plan. So would you cancel the one day ticket?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter