• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA rates: are they limited?

CindyCan

DIS Vet really since 1997
I'm wondering...when you book a hotel outside of WDW (ie hotels for the drive down & back :sunny: ), they ALWAYS have a AAA rate, if they offer it. Is Disney the same, or are they limited to only a certain number of rooms?

I'm looking to book for January at ASMo, but I'm not set in my dates yet. Just want to be sure that as long as they have rooms available, I'll be able to get the rate.

TIA!

CindyCan said:
I'm wondering...when you book a hotel outside of WDW (ie hotels for the drive down & back :sunny: ), they ALWAYS have a AAA rate, if they offer it. Is Disney the same, or are they limited to only a certain number of rooms?

I'm looking to book for January at ASMo, but I'm not set in my dates yet. Just want to be sure that as long as they have rooms available, I'll be able to get the rate.

TIA!

AAA rates are subject to availability - and are limited. What I've found is that some resorts don't have any rooms at the discounts, while others only have certain views/room types available at the discount. Less busy times will have more availability. Discounts range from 10-20% depending on the resort type and season. You can see a list of season and discounts at mousesavers.com. So book early!

If you want to book a room-only reservation (with any available discount), you can call Disney directly or use any travel agent.

For package bookings which include tickets + *both* the dining plan and any available AAA discount off the room, you have to book directly through a AAA travel agency.

Happy planning! :banana:

Hi there, I just changed my room only rate at ASMo from the rack rate of $79 +tax, to AAA/CAA rate of $63 +tax for Jan 4-12 and 15-22. $16/night savings might not sound like alot but over 15 nights it adds up quickly. Now I hope the AP rate comes in lower and I'll cancel this ressie. I would suggest booking the dates that you feel would work best for you and change them if you need to, but you don't want to miss out on any possible savings. You can change/cancel a room only ressie until 5 days out, so do what works best for you.

How hard is it to change over to AP discount, if they come out? Do you think all the AS rooms for Oct are gone, and what % discount would I get for 10/7 forward?
TIA!

frannn said:
How hard is it to change over to AP discount, if they come out? Do you think all the AS rooms for Oct are gone, and what % discount would I get for 10/7 forward?
TIA!

Here are the value resort seasons for 2005:
Value Season: January 1 - February 16, August 28 - October 4, November 27 - December 19
Regular Season: April 17 - August 27, October 5 - November 26
Peak Season: February 17 - April 16
Holiday Season: December 20 - 31

The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas).

Re: your question .... you might need your membership # when you call Disney to book. Definitely will need to have it for check-in. You can get 20% off at the Value resorts (subject to resort and room/type availability). Once discounts are sold-out, you might have to pick a different resort or room type to get the discount. Example, all standard rooms at AS might be sold out, but preferred might be available at the discount - but the 20% would be off that room type's rack rate.

As far as switching to an AP rate, I believe all you would need to do is call and ask to apply the AP code (once released) to your reservation. Not positive though.

Hope this helps!

Yes, they are limited. I had CMs tell me otherwise, but they were wrong. I was tryng to get a AAA rate and I knew from mousesavers that the rates were out. The rate kept not being available and CMs kept telling me that the rates weren't out yet. Finally, I had a CM check AAA rates starting the day AFTER I wanted to check in, and sure enough, the AAA rate was available for 4 out of the 5 nights I wanted...just not the first.

We have tried to get AAA rates in the past but have had very little luck at the deluxe resorts of our choice. The one time we did use a AAA rate at CBR, we later found that there were much better deals available than what we had booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter