A Wedding, A Honeymoon, and Lots of Disneyland Dining Updated 7/22

Thanks for sharing your dress story. Makes them all the more special. And double thanks for the ring tip. Gonna Very unnanchalantly mention that to the hubby.

What a special experience getting your licenses was. Mine was an undecidedly unspecial affair in the downtown Vegas courthouse. I'll get let your imagine go to work on that one ; )

Your meal with your mom and grandma looked like the perfect way to welcome grandma to the west coast. That area looks beautiful. I've only been to San diego once and it was for work, so didn't have too much time to explore.

Your rehearsal dinner looks great. Ya can't go wrong with free flowing booze and Mexican food. And what a wonderful idea to share the slideshow with everyone. Sounds like you all are striking a great balance between intimacy and time with your guests.

And isn't it time to retire DP for DW? ; )

You're welcome. Thank you for caring to read the dress story.

Yes my grandma had a great time. The funny thing is that her favorite part of Seaport Village was a little shop that sells decorative windmills and lawn decorations...she calls them "whirly-gigs" which spell-check tells me is not a word. She just wanted her picture taken with all of them, including one that was a parrot holding a sign that reads, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere." Seaport Village is so beautiful. It was originally designed and built by Disney (not Walt, but the Disney company), and you can feel that in the ambience they've created. We absolutely love it. Hopefully someday you can make it back. Lately it feels like our west coast Disney trips aren't complete without a stop at good ol' SV.

Yes I know DP...DW. Right after we got married, we spent a couple of days chuckling and calling each other "wife." I was told DP...:rolleyes1 um..DW was going to start making me lots of pies, because that's what wives do. (I'm pretty sure that up to that point, she had NEVER made any pie at all.) We thought it was charming and funny at first. Now it still just seems so odd, but I guess DW it is! She loved your post by the way. She apparently agrees with you and is sick of being "DP."

I realize I have been a slacker about posting, but we are trying to get our house ready to list, and I had no idea how time-consuming the process of "de-cluttering and de-personalizing" could be. Photos are being taken today, and we have our first off-market buyers stopping by tomorrow, so hopefully Sunday will be the day I can get on with the post of our wedding food! From there, it's all Disney dining! At least for a week...:thumbsup2

Hello everyone I am back after way too many days not working on this thread! We are on the verge of making an off-market deal on a property, and our "Coming Soon" sign is in our front yard. It's all overwhelming, and I need a break! What better way to get away than to work on my dining report and think about Disney. ;)

The day after the rehearsal was, of course, our wedding day! Our wedding day is my favorite day of my entire life. Everyone was so nice to us. My mom went out of her way to make everything so special for us, too. We really didn't have a care in the world. The first year we were at the Cosmo, they served the scones and coffee on the veranda. Since then, the ownership changed, and by our wedding trip, they were serving the scones, fruit, coffee and juice downstairs in a small indoor dining room. We didn't mind, but on our wedding day, we were nervous to go down there and start our day with 20 family members. My mom went down to the breakfast and brought us up some scones, fruit salad with coconut slivers and coffee. She served it all on a tray and we had breakfast in bed. It was so sweet! But we didn't take any pictures. :sad:

We skipped lunch, but the Cosmo did bring up a tray of fruit, cheese and crackers, as well as two diet cokes for us to munch and sip while our hair and makeup people were with us. This cheese tray was absolutely decadent. I'm assuming it was a portion of the antipasti and cheese and olive spread we'd ordered for the actual wedding, but again, no one took a photo of that! :sad:

The brie cheese was some of the best I've ever had, soft and with a nice, pungent rind.

We also sipped on champagne while we got ready.
champ.jpg

Although the wedding at the Cosmo came with a complimentary champagne toast at the reception, my sister had brought along a case of fine champagne for us and our immediate family members. It was so sweet. :hug: And this really helped to settle my nerves.

Our photographers arrived early and snapped some getting ready photos around the cosmo:

dress.jpg

This is my dress.

After we had finished getting ready, we posed for some photos in some of the rooms of the Cosmo. This one was taken at their famous Wyatt Earp bar.

bar.jpg

Apparently, this is the oldest bar in the history of existence. (Ok, so I made that up, but it's really old and has been transplanted into the Cosmo from somewhere in the Midwest.)

We pretended to do shots of whiskey, but it was actually Coke in our little glasses. :)

After capturing some of our favorite places within the Cosmo, we headed over to our ceremony site for bridal party and family pictures.

flower girl.jpg

Our flower girl, Anne's niece, caught in a cute moment.

Our ceremony musicians were just setting up.

music.jpg

This was it! Our Disney touch! We'd hired a string quartet to play interpretations of Disney standards. Some, like When You Wish Upon a Star they already knew. Others they had to learn for us. Our families walked out to Can You Feel the Love Tonight from Lion King, and we chose A Whole New World as our processional music. We didn't really get to hear or enjoy the ceremony music, but many of our guests commented on it later. They played prelude music, too, so all together there were 7 classic Disney movies represented.

Within such a short time, our family photos were done, our ceremony was over, and we were married!

walking.jpg

Coming up next, the wedding food! I swear this time, and there are lots of food pics!

Absolute perfection!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all the house stuff is going ok. Keep calm and think of Disney ; )

Congrats on the marriage! Your dressing are amazing, and those flowers - LOVE the colors! So beautiful.

Congratulations! Totally love your dresses and the idea of the string quartet playing Disney classics sounds just about perfect! really enjoying the posts and looking forward to more :goodvibes

Congratulations !:flower3: You both look absolutely stunning! Your dresses were just beautiful!

Wow such a great start! Your dresses are just dreamy and I love the matching rings! I'm an Allyson so close, and Anne is one of my favourite names! Can't wait to read more!

Hi Allyson! Thank you so much. More to come, even if it's taking me a while. :yay:

You two were beautiful in those dresses! And the bar shot is great! I love your pictures! Keep them coming! :)

Thank you so much!

So glad you're back! The pictures are amazing! Can't wait for more!

Thanks! I will work on this and finish it. I appreciate your patience. :flower:

Absolute perfection!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all the house stuff is going ok. Keep calm and think of Disney ; )

Our home is under contract; the inspection is today. We are out there looking. Just need the universe to send the right house...or for us to recognize it when we see it. :rolleyes:

Your wedding day looked wonderful. I love the disney themed muic you picked.

Thank you so much. I wish we had heard more of the music, but our guests were talking about it all night. :rockband:

Congrats on the marriage! Your dressing are amazing, and those flowers - LOVE the colors! So beautiful.

Thank you very much! :welcome:

Congratulations! Totally love your dresses and the idea of the string quartet playing Disney classics sounds just about perfect! really enjoying the posts and looking forward to more :goodvibes

:thanks: Most string quartets already know several Disney pieces, and then they were able to find sheet music for the others fairly easily. I'm so glad we were able to incorporate some Disney into our wedding. It just wouldn't have been us without it.

Congratulations !:flower3: You both look absolutely stunning! Your dresses were just beautiful!

Thank you so much! You are so kind! :flower3:

After our ceremony, our guests headed over to the Cosmopolitan's courtyard for an hour of cocktails and antipasti, which included an Italian antipasta display with fresh mozzarella, asparagus and artichokes, as well as an olive and cheese display. We didn't see any pictures of this, but we heard from our guests that they enjoyed this. In fact, one of Anne's cousins apparently set a record for the most mozzarella balls eaten at once.

We spent this time mostly with our photographer and then recouping a little bit back in our room before heading down for our big entrance.

We entered the restaurant from a hidden walkway upstairs, so that all we could see all our guests in the courtyard down below before they noticed us. I loved this little surprise (other couples who married at the Cosmo gave us the idea).

When we arrived, we started with some toasts, and of course some champagne for toasting:

toast.jpg

This was our champagne in the special toasting flutes provided by Anne's godmother.

For cocktails, we had chosen a signature cocktail from two suggested by our event coordinator.

The first option was called the blushing bride:
blushing bride.jpg

This was vodka, sprite and cranberry. (Most of these photos are from our tasting earlier in the year.)

We did not choose this. It just wasn't very interested and did nothing to compliment our theme or colors.

The second was a sangria:
sangria.jpg

We chose this, and we decided to call it the "Sicilian Sangria" since both our families are Italian and mine is Sicilian specifically.

This drink was good, nice and fruity, easy to drink. We made our own display sign on MS Paint and framed it with a frame we got at Goodwill.

sign.jpg

We didn't see where the Cosmo displayed this sign, but it was returned to us at the end of the evening. I'm just now thinking we should hang it in the kitchen of our new home (if we ever find it :rolleyes: ).

After some toasts and while enjoying a bite of cheese that our wedding coordinator had set aside on our sweetheart table, we had a chance to take in some of the details of the venue, all designs we had worked so long on:
flowers.jpg

Some of our flowers on the tables. The little amber bottles in the background we had picked out on etsy and shipped to our florist to be incorporated into the design.

tables 1.jpg

Another bottle with dessert blooms, burlap runner we selected to complete the rustic look

tables.jpg

View of several larger tables with our menu cards and rosemary/twiggy flower tucked into the napkins

name cards.jpg

Handmade (by someone else) burlap name cards with state senators names printed on the other side

Coming up next, our entrees and dessert table, and then it's on to Disney (finally, I thought we'd never get there!!!).

congratulations and best wishes to you both...Love the photos of your special day...

I admit it, your pictures have totally made me choke up more than once. It looks like an absolutely magical and beautiful day. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

Your reception looks absolutely beautiful. Everything is simple, yet elegant with a vintage touch. Your planning clearly paid off

Hello! I have read some of your reviews before but always long after they were over. I'm excited to catch one "live."

First, let me just say Congratulations on your wedding!!! The pictures are beautiful.

Your rehearsal dinner sounds amazing - I love the special touches of including so many family members and the slide show with them all featured. Very cool!! And the food sounds amazing!

Loving all the wedding details - great details, and everything is so beautiful.

After some toasting, greeting our guests and more photo taking, it was time for dinner. Our entrees are pictured from our tasting, as again, we didn't photograph them the night of our wedding reception!

Everyone started with the house salad, which is good. Honestly, I don't remember anything about it except that we've had it a few different times, and it is always good. I'm pretty sure we didn't even get to eat ours this particular night.

For our entrees, we wanted to stay true to who we are. This meant no meat, except a seafood option. We chose three options, since meat eaters tend to be finicky about their veggies. Since our seafood option was salmon, and many people dislike that as well, we wanted to be sure that if someone hates one thing or is allergic to another, he/she still had something to pick from. We weren't trying to torture people with vegetarian food, but rather to delight them with the unexpected.

Our first veggie option was a mushroom wellington, served with garden veggies and a red pepper puree:
wellington.jpg

The mushroom was a portabella served in a puff pastry. This dish was delicious! (We didn't eat this the night of the wedding, but our guests loved it.) What I loved about it is that it was really quite a comfort food dish.

Our second veggie option was baby eggplant ratatouille with homemade gnocchi:

eggplant.jpg

During the tasting, this was mine and DP's favorite choice. The eggplant was perfectly grilled with a wonderful smoky flavor, the gnocchi were soft and delicious with a saffron broth. The other veggies were a nice touch. I absolutely loved the chef's interpretation of ratatouille in this dish.

The night of our wedding, it was a bit underwhelming, but hopefully that is because our plates were ice cold by the time we got to them. I also think more care was taken in preparing our tasting plate versus the 35 eggplant dishes prepared for our guests the evening of the reception. Still, people approached us to tell us the eggplant was delicious, so hopefully they weren't just being nice and their food was better than our hours old plates.

Our final dish was a chipotle salmon with roasted redskin potatoes:
salmon.jpg

For the tasting, they brought me a half portion since DP hates salmon and wouldn't be eating any. This was very good. It is a regular menu item for the Cosmo and I highly recommend it! The salmon was well-cooked, moist and flavorful, and the accompaniments were a nice compliment.

For dessert, we'd opted against a cake, I think mostly wanting to avoid the formality of plating and serving, and also the expectation of cutting it in ceremonious fashion and smashing it on each other's faces.

Instead, the Cosmo provided a variety of desserts for a large dessert display, and we took the liberty of adding a couple of others from outside vendors.

First, we decided to display some old fashioned candies to enhance the look of the display and also celebrate our vintage/rustic theme:
sassafras candy.jpg

I purchased amber glass candy dishes on etsy to use in the display. This was sassafrass candy, which we thought was very clever since you can buy real sassafrass tea in old town.

We also had lemon drops and root beer barrels.

To celebrate our Italian roots, we ordered cannoli from a local baker as well:
cannoli.jpg

These were very delicious! Thanks to our coordinator, we actually managed to eat some desserts! She made little plates for us and left them on our sweetheart table, and we ate them later in our room.

We also ordered three varieties of cupcakes from a baker in town:

cupcakes 1.jpg

These were my personal favorite: lemon cake with lemon filling and lemon buttercream icing.

We also had chocolate with buttercream frosting in a terra cotta rose style:
cupcakes 2.jpg

(bottom of the picture)

I'll tell you what, I am not the biggest fan of chocolate cupcakes, but these were moist and not too sweet.

(This post is bogged down. Desserts continued in the next post.)

Finally, for our last cupcake selection, we chose carrot cake with cream cheese icing:
cupcakes.jpg

These were to be decorated with fondant succulents, but this particular style came out a little bit "under the sea" if you ask me.

This style was better:
cupcakes 4.jpg

These cupcakes were also delicious! Overall we were quite pleased with our choices and bakers!

For the cannoli, we used Café Zucchero in little Italy. I will have to check my notes for the cupcake baker we used.

The Cosmo provided assorted berry cobblers, assorted cheesecakes, and something else which I can't recall.

Here is how it all looked:
dessert table.jpg

Our guests pretty much ransacked that table, and there was hardly a sweet left, in spite of the fact that we had 100 cupcakes, 100 cannoli, and countless others (refilled by the Cosmo) for just 90 people.

After dessert, we gave a toast to our guests with limoncello, and we asked that guests use their senators' email addresses included on their name cards, to write their state senators on behalf of marriage equality.

It was a perfect evening. Everything had gone off without a hitch, and we were in heaven. :cloud9:

cosmo.jpg

Up next...finally it is time for a honeymoon and some Disney food!

wonderful food items...and I agree with the cupcakes...easy ..no cutting, no serving, and no mess...our granddaughter and her husband were married almost a year ago and they chose Whoopie Pies in different flavors...great choice by the way on the cupcakes. also our grandkids did the burlap theme and it was just amazing...as yours was...Congrats again and many happy years to follow

congratulations and best wishes to you both...Love the photos of your special day...

Thank you so much!

I admit it, your pictures have totally made me choke up more than once. It looks like an absolutely magical and beautiful day. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

This is so sweet! Thank you!

Your reception looks absolutely beautiful. Everything is simple, yet elegant with a vintage touch. Your planning clearly paid off

This is exactly what we were going for! I sure did drive myself crazy with the planning for a year, but in the end, everything came together just as we hoped.

Hello! I have read some of your reviews before but always long after they were over. I'm excited to catch one "live."

First, let me just say Congratulations on your wedding!!! The pictures are beautiful.

Your rehearsal dinner sounds amazing - I love the special touches of including so many family members and the slide show with them all featured. Very cool!! And the food sounds amazing!

Loving all the wedding details - great details, and everything is so beautiful.

Thanks for reading! And thank you! Knowing you are reading "live" motivated me to get through another post. We've been so busy and it's easy to lose the momentum. There is nothing worse than starting to read a thread "live" and then waiting and waiting, wondering how it all turns out. Thanks for sticking with this thread!

wonderful food items...and I agree with the cupcakes...easy ..no cutting, no serving, and no mess...our granddaughter and her husband were married almost a year ago and they chose Whoopie Pies in different flavors...great choice by the way on the cupcakes. also our grandkids did the burlap theme and it was just amazing...as yours was...Congrats again and many happy years to follow

Yes cupcakes and burlap seem to be big wedding trends right now...whoopee pies is a great idea, too! Thank you again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter