• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A way to make some extra cash

Nlbnikki

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who just took in some old gold jewlery and got a check for over $400. Unfortunately I didn't have anything worth taking in. Hope this can help someone. The guy says anything 10 or 14K gold is worth good money right now. He even has had people bringing in old gold filled teeth.

Nikki

Yes, I just took in my old wedding band and some old broken chains and got $377. It's a pretty good deal if you need quick cash.

Where do you take it to? I have a ton of 14K rings from HS boyfriends that I could easily give up!! I also have a ton of chains!

My girlfriend went to a local place that exchanges gold. Check your phone book,some pawn shops do this too.

We just went to a jewelry store. they separated it into 10k and 14k and then weighed them and added the amounts together.

I wonder if national chain jewelers do this. Dh and I have old jewelry that is just taking up space. It'd be nice to clear it out and get something for it.

One of my girlfriends is having a "Gold Party" where you bring it to her house and they pay you cash on the spot. We'll sit around and drink wine and gossip and make money! I have a sandwich bag full of old chains, earrings and rings from the 80's.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter