• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A warning for those doing the Chase Meet and Greet

I caught a guy taking a picture of mine at walgreens. The clerk had set it down. I canceled the card but the police can't do anything. I am diligent now. You do not always need the 3 digit code for purchases. I created and now run the website shopping cart for my work. People will try to make online purchases that are very small and if it goes through they will make larger purchases.

I had someone call me once with 4 chase card numbers that I figured were fraudulent, I called Chase and they didn't even want the phone number the guy called me on or any of his information. They just turned the cards off and wait for people to call in to notify them why they aren't working. It's too costly to "investigate" I was told. They said there is a program they use to get a likely set of numbers for a chase card, they keep trying until one works. Sometimes Chase cards will go through without a correct date or a 3 digit code.

On another safety note, especially to the women, try to protect your DL with your address on it.

I was reading an article about women living alone and how to best protect yourself.

Who knows who that guy is behind the counter. Then my mind was wandering...they may check your ID when you buy alcohol or write a check.

Maybe they think you are wealthy, or young and attractive, and no wedding band may mean you are single and they could case your house.

We have done the Chase meet and greet several times and I have never thought twice about protecting my number. I will keep my eyes open now. Thanks!!

I have had the CM walk away with my card several times. I followed right behind them, now knowing what they were going to do with my card. Each time, they asked me to 'step outside' the area they had taken my card to. I don't like the way this benefit is handled but I haven't had a problem with my card because of it. :headache:

could you please give me more details about the greet and meet I have a chase card and never heard about this??

Thanks for this, I have been missing out on this! Is it every day? And which Innovations, the one nearest or furthest from TT? (Can't remember East or West!:laughing:) Are there a lot of people lined up? Thanks for the info!!

It would be on the Right side going into the park - toward The Land. Yes, usually there is a line. Only open between 1:30 & 4:30 - right behind the Fire Truck and beside the Segways........

DH & I get two (2) pictures a day. Once in a while they let me get a different photo on the card. I don't ask, so it is nice when they do.

dis2cruise -- You need a DISNEY VISA CARD to do this. You (up to 6 people) go in and have pictures taken with characters, sometimes 2, sometimes more... You can give them your camera, too. Before you leave the park - go by the camera shop and you will get a free 5X7 of one of the poses + any border, etc. you want.

All of this info in online under benefits - at Walt Diney World.

We forgot to do this the last time we were there? Was it worth it? What characters were there and was there a long line?

I love the idea of putting a label over the #'s on the card!

I wonder if he left the meet and greet and came over to the Land pavilion and stole a bag out of our stroller. It happened on the same day that you posted about this. Bad bad bad people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter