• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Warning for DVA Account Holders! - ETA: Problem Solved!

We just decided on a late October trip but I have not booked tickets (we'll stay 2 nights onsite, but rest of the visit will be at friends' house). I'm trying to understand if there is any benefit to me opening a DVA? I know there is a $20 bonus, but only after the account has been open 120 days. I'm planning to book in the next few days, so other than helping organize gift cards is there any benefit?

We just decided on a late October trip but I have not booked tickets (we'll stay 2 nights onsite, but rest of the visit will be at friends' house). I'm trying to understand if there is any benefit to me opening a DVA? I know there is a $20 bonus, but only after the account has been open 120 days. I'm planning to book in the next few days, so other than helping organize gift cards is there any benefit?
I think you should open up a DVA account and just put $10 in there. Late October is more than 120 days. Really nothing to lose.

I think you should open up a DVA account and just put $10 in there. Late October is more than 120 days. Really nothing to lose.

Maybe I misunderstood how it works? I thought in order to earn a bonus, that account had to be open 120 days before I used any funds from it to pay for the trip?

Maybe I misunderstood how it works? I thought in order to earn a bonus, that account had to be open 120 days before I used any funds from it to pay for the trip?
Yeah, your right. i just thought that for some reason if you might need it, it'll be there. MNSSHP tix?

DVA finally fixed my account! I Checked this morning and it was still missing the 2 $50 gift cards. It says 6/5/15 "Transferred funds from Disney Gift Card" $100.

Since the site is down, I'm hoping you guys can clarify something for me. I opened my account in January and loaded (18) $50 gift cards into it and used it to pay my DVC dues. I know that $900 doesn't count towards the $1000 to earn a $20 reward because the account was only open for a few days. (I only used it to consolidate all of my gift cards into one number). Now, I have a cash booking coming up at the end of October. I've deposited a total of $550 into the account and I've used $120ish for the room deposit and another $400ish for a park ticket. I still owe about $500 for the room reservation which will put me over the $1K spending amount. My question is...when will I be able to request the $20 gift card? I'm wondering if I should pay off the room as soon as possible, putting me over the $1K amount...but if any discounts come out for our date, it would be a credit to my DVA. Could I just request a gift card refund then? How long does that take? Any ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter