A Very Engaging Yacht Club Stay 2/27-3/3

pinktink88

Once upon a castmember
My wonderful five night stay at the yacht club is now over :furious:.. So very sad to leave. This was my first stay at the yacht and beach and I will definitely be returning, beautiful scenery and an awesome pool and location. Since I appreciated everyone else's reports so much to help plan mine I wanted to give back and review so hopefully someone finds this helpful!

I stayed with my boyfriend and another couple and we split a garden view room with two queens. Adults only trip. I had called Disney reservations and requested a gazebo view room because I just love the gazebo. When we checked in the cast member was lacking pixie dust and we had to wait past 3pm for our room to be ready, we were a little cranky after our long drive from North Carolina that morning but spent the time walking around the resort and Boardwalk. We also went to lunch at Captains grill as a walk up, no reservations, they seated us immediately and it was relatively quiet. I had the lobster roll and the amazing German grapefruit beer. The lobster roll was very tasty as were the fries and tartar sauce. I would recommend captains grill only if you are staying here and want something easy.. Later in the trip we also had breakfast there.

When our room was finally ready I was very excited to find we had a perfect gazebo view! First floor with a balcony/patio as all yacht club rooms have. There was even a bunny hanging out in the garden. :love:

That evening we had plans to go to ohana for a late dinner in order to catch wishes, so we began the trek over to the Polynesian. We decided to take the bus to magic kingdom and then the monorail to poly. However we were greeted with the monorail out of service and a long line for the resort ferry.. To save time we took the TTC ferry and the path over to the poly. We made it just in time to catch the tail end of the sunset at sunset point and take pictures. After taking a group photo we did couples shots which is when my boyfriend got down on one knee!!! :love2: Truly a magical moment and all caught on video. After much excitement we walked over to trader sams to get a drink and check it out. The indoor area was full so we sat outside, while it was very chilly they did have heat lamps which helped. The experience wasn't great (waitress forgot my drink, rude cm, cold) so I don't have fond memories of Trader Sam's but would try it again if I could get inside. With some time to kill we took the monorail over to Grand Floridian to explore the lobby and shops which was nice, also got some just engaged buttons from the poly concierge desk.

Next up Ohana.. My absolute favorite restaurant. We had a 9:30pm reservation and were seated a little late, we were pretty tired from the long day. The wait was worth it though because the food was amazing, our server was great, and the view of wishes was perfect! (1 table away from windows) After dinner we took the monorail followed by bus home to crash in bed.

Next up Epcot day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter