A Vegetarian Vacation~8 days of food!

We have only tried Boma for breakfast but dinne rlooks pretty good. There seems to be a lot of variety :thumbsup2

Love Boma - my favourite restaurant at WDW. Sad now that we haven't booked for this year but we did have about 10 trips in a week last October :)

The other soup in the picture was a peanut soup. Pretty much like eating peanut butter but a bit more savory.

Are you sure it wasn't Pumpkin soup? It looks like the Pumpkin soup we had at Boma in January and it was FANTASTIC! Everyone in our family loved it and my husband still raves about it and wants me to find the recipe! :thumbsup2

Firstly congratulations on your graduation and happy 18th birthday!!
Great start to your reviews, you have really made me want to try The Mara, we've never been and I love the look of that Falafal Pita :)
Ooh and Boma looks lovely.

Hi
Congrats on your graduation and turning 18!! I've been a vegetarian for 17 years, so I'm really excited to see how you liked eating vegetarian at Disney. I alway find plenty of veggie food at to eat when I'm there. (No gelatin for me either)!!

I'm in!:woohoo: I'm not a huge meat fan, so I look forward to reading your reviews on WDW's meatless dishes! :goodvibes

It's always SUPER impressive that WDW & their Chef's are concerned w/ people's allergies. I was @ a local amusement park last week & they had a small sign kinda saying, they cared about people's allergies & gee, they hope you don't get sick, but it is what it is & good luck.:lmao: Oh well. I could tell they copied the idea from WDW, but they would have been better off w/out any sign. I mean, if you can't do it right, why bother?

Just saying. Now can't wait for more reviews!!popcorn::

I'm in! Boma is one of our favorites and is the only dinner buffet we will go to. Can't wait to read more reviews! :goodvibes

I am sorry to lose this report :(. I am sorry that others were so hurtful in their posts. IMO I sure think Chefs love to have a chance to wonder around the dining rooms instead of being in the back where no one can see who is actually incharge of the wonderfully prepared meal they are eatting.

For future posts please be kind.

Don't bother spending any time responding to this post. There is not one thing you can say to me that has not been said by some one I had to surrender to the courts.

I had a chef come out to speak to me at Tusker House and Sanaa when I was eating vegan. Totally wasn't necessary at Sanaa, since they have an entirely vegan menu, but it was helpful at Tusker House.

I have read some pretty mean spirited posts here
. Not acceptable folks. Knock it off. It's a dining review. If you have nothing nice to say move o

Thank you to everyone for sticking with my report and supporting me. It means a lot to me that you guys keep reading.:grouphug:

On to the next day though! This was our day at the Magic Kingdom where I forced everyone out the door at 8 so that we could be there for rope drop. As a result.. We sort of skipped breakfast. Which for a little five year old is... :scared:

So we stopped at the main street bakery! This was my first time eating there and it was pretty good!

51c15114.jpg

That chocolate pastry was my breakfast. It was just the thing that morning. Chocolate is always welcomed! The little one got apple juice, a parfait, and some fresh fruit. The fruit was.. well. fruit. ;) He ate all the parfait, so I assume it was good! That monstrous thing of dough, sugar, and icing was a cinnamon bun that Dad and my sister shared. Sis ate about half and proclaimed that she can't go on because of her full stomach. Such a drama queen! princess:

Dad had his coffee and we went on to enjoy the rest of our time before our ADR at the Crystal Palace.

6236d3da.jpg

Anybody recognize this place? :goodvibes This was actually our first time eating here. The outside when we walked up was super hectic and it took us a while to even realize where we were supposed to go. It didn't really help that it was fairly hot and humid outside. This day was hotter than most on our trip (which was -amazingly- in the 80's for six out of eight days.)

Piglet came around first thing and hugged the boy. Our waitress came by and told us that we're the first table to have the characters come by and it would take about an hour and a half to see all of them. Of course... we didn't particularly care too much about the characters seeing as our little prince doesn't watch Winnie the pooh. He's more of a Pokemon type. :rolleyes2

e08d461f.jpg

The chef came by while the rest of the family went to get their food and took us around. There were a few items that I was disappointed that I couldn't eat due to chicken stock and cheese, but overall it wasn't bad. I actually had to get a few items on the second plate that I couldn't fit on the first plate!

0a2a0c94.jpg

This plate has a roll, sweet potato fries, ratatouille, dill pickles, chile steamed broccoli, edamame salad, Moroccan couscous salad, potato salad, and the corn bread/mash stuff... the name escapes me, but man was it good! I loved the stuff! The sweet potato fries were a little dry and odd... but I did get the very last few that had been sitting there a while. The broccoli was something my family absolutely LOVED. Mom and Dad went and got a big plateful. I think they liked it. :rotfl: The ratatouille was good, but the rest was average. I ate it, but nothing seemed too stand out to me.

I think I may have deleted my pictures of my second plate.. but I remember I got roasted garlic mashed potatoes, more broccoli, and Curry Stir Fry Noodles. Both were probably the best things I ate there. Of course.. I'm a mashed potato girl. :) And these were awesome. The noodles were superb, a nice mild taste. I was expecting a stronger taste, but was VERY happily surprised. Mouth is watering for some now. :thumbsup2

fa832aad.jpg

For dessert, we actually had to get two plates..

0cace741.jpg

The first was mine and the second was mom's, but we shared! We got.. (more mashed potatoes... :blush:) a German chocolate cake, a peach? cheesecake, key lime pie, and a banana tart for the first plate. The chocolate cake was AMAZING. Key lime pie was too good for words. Mom refused to try it because she knew she'd eat it all. :p So sweet and smooth and lime-y. Mmm.. The cheesecake was some sort of fruit thing. It was alright. I remember not loving it. I ate the inside of the tart because of worry of lard in the crust.. but either way it was good.

The second plate was the same banana tart, peanut butter cake, a raspberry cake, and a coffee mousse. The raspberry cake was just amazing. Moist, tart and sweet at the same time, and just delish. The coffee mousse is what she loved. Probably because she drinks about a pot of ten cups every morning. :hyper:

Crystal Palace was good. It took a while to get all the characters to come around despite the fact that we were supposed to be table 1, but I guess we didn't really care! No grievances on the food, in fact liked the food, but we had so many amazing meals this trip that this ranked pretty low.

Thanks to everyone reading! I'll try to provide a good report for you! :flower3:

I'm with you on getting things like mashed potatoes on your dessert plate!!! Can't wait to read more!

welcome back!!!:grouphug:

So glad to see all your wonderful photos and reviews. Crystal Palace looks yummy. I have Boma for breakfast one morning and these photos make me more excited.

Some of the stand outs that looked delish are the couscous, broccoli (doesn't look limp and overcooked), and the raspberry cake. I wonder if it is similar to what they have at breakfast?? :confused3 Anyhoo.. it all looks lovely and what a great way to spend a family meal!

Yay! I so wanted to hear the rest of your reviews! We love CP for breakfast but have never eaten lunch or dinner there. Looks like it was ok, but sounds like I'm not missing too much by always doing breakfast!

Can you believe I have still never had a cinnamon roll from Main St Bakery. I am definitely, definitely having one on our next trip. And there will be no drama queen antics with stomach-clutching and the like - I intend to eat the whole darn thing ;)

Crystal Palace lunch looked good. We love breakfast there :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter