a thank you to my fellow DISers!

flea1267

DIS Veteran
I couldn't find the original post here on the Budget Board but know this is the forum I saw it in...it was titled something like "Is Dave Ramsey right of us" or something along that lines....

Anyway the subject of tithing came up and after reading that thread and other DISers views and experiences w/ tithing...I took a long hard look at our budget and realized we were only $16 a week away from doing our true 10%! In all my life I've never been able to afford to give a full 10% (no flames please but having been a single mother at one point, I could barely do the bare neccessities) - well long story short...God has been very good to us in the last 10 years and we really got back into church about 3 years ago and I started giving what I could..and then as things got better I would increase as I could..well after reading where someone said "I know that if I give my 10% God won't let me starve..." that really hit home and when I re-did our budget and saw how close we were I talked to DH and he was so happy and excited too and said "then why are we letting $16 a week hold us back...."

So anyway thanks to all my fellow DISers for sharing their stories and giving me the "faith" to do the right thing.

Congrats! I had to let it go myself and know that God would provide. I have been blessed 2 fold by my tithing, not only by him but what can be done to better this world thru giving of his tithe. God is so Good!!!!!!!

That is wonderful!! We are not there yet but I get that much more motivated hearing stories like this. Congrats!!

Hang in there and if we could get there anyone could and you will!!! God Bless you and your family! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter