A Thank You - Costco/Universal tickets! (long)

I just bought four tickets at the Costco in Union, NJ, but I called several other ones to see if they had them, and all the Costco's I called had at least 20 tickets in stock. The Union one had 40.

QUOTE]

Thank You!!!! & How funny is this, I just called them and they have 36 left. The guy said they aren't really flying off the selves there and I should be fine to make the drive down in the mroning to get them. I guess no one else bought any after you. :lmao:

I saw these months ago at the Hackensack Costco, had them in my cart, then decided nah I don't need them. Well, I could kick myself because I have been looking for them ever since. Now thanks to you I may get a couple yet.

I guess no one else was crazy enough to drive around NJ in an ice storm to buy them! However, I was not about to let this crazy weather prevent me from getting them and ultimately allowing me to save hundreds of dollars.

They cost $139.99 here in NJ.

Can anyone tell me if they saw these advertised on the Costco website? Specifically, of they are not listed on the site then they are likely/unlikely to have them in the stores, or if I should go out to my one and only Costco and check even though they are not on the website?

I guess no one else was crazy enough to drive around NJ in an ice storm to buy them! However, I was not about to let this crazy weather prevent me from getting them and ultimately allowing me to save hundreds of dollars.

They cost $139.99 here in NJ.

How are they saving you *hundreds* of dollars?? 3 day park to park tickets are $144.99 so you are really saving $5 per ticket.

How are they saving you *hundreds* of dollars?? 3 day park to park tickets are $144.99 so you are really saving $5 per ticket.

But the 3 day park to park tickets that you buy anywhere else HAVE to be used in one trip. They expire after 7 days? The tickets that are/were sold at Costco are 3 day tickets that do NOT expire until Dec 2013.

So I will use 1 day this year and then the other 2 days next year or the year after, so it saves me $$. Otherwise I was looking at spending:

$82(1 day 1 park base ticket) x 2=$164 plus tax for this year

and then

$134.99(2 day park to park) x 2=$269.98 plus tax for next year

so a total of $216.99 per ticket vs. $139.99 (that's a savings of $77 per ticket so for me; 2tickets $144 savings)

yes, I am paying a little more money now for 2 days I will not use this year, but in the long run, it's saving me money.

I'm saving hundreds of dollars because we only go to Universal for one day during each Orlando trip. A one day, two park pass costs $112, so for the four of us, it would cost $448 for the day. At 2011 prices, three days over the next three years would cost $1344, before any future price increases. I paid $560 for four tickets, thereby saving $784 over three visits, or paying $46 per person/per day for our three visits!

Yes, if you were planning to visit three days over a 14 day period, the savings is not significant, but for anyone who visits the park the way we do, it is a huge chunk of money to save.

I'm saving hundreds of dollars because we only go to Universal for one day during each Orlando trip. A one day, two park pass costs $112, so for the four of us, it would cost $448 for the day. At 2011 prices, three days over the next three years would cost $1344, before any future price increases. I paid $560 for four tickets, thereby saving $784 over three visits, or paying $46 per person/per day for our three visits!

Yes, if you were planning to visit three days over a 14 day period, the savings is not significant, but for anyone who visits the park the way we do, it is a huge chunk of money to save.

I wish Disney would have a cheaper ticket like it. We spend most of our time at Universal and every once in a while we will venture over to Sea World or Disney. It would encourage us to go more often. As it stands the Disney 3 day non expiring hopper is $325!!!!

But the 3 day park to park tickets that you buy anywhere else HAVE to be used in one trip. They expire after 7 days? The tickets that are/were sold at Costco are 3 day tickets that do NOT expire until Dec 2013.

So I will use 1 day this year and then the other 2 days next year or the year after, so it saves me $$. Otherwise I was looking at spending:

$82(1 day 1 park base ticket) x 2=$164 plus tax for this year

and then

$134.99(2 day park to park) x 2=$269.98 plus tax for next year

so a total of $216.99 per ticket vs. $139.99 (that's a savings of $77 per ticket so for me; 2tickets $144 savings)

yes, I am paying a little more money now for 2 days I will not use this year, but in the long run, it's saving me money.

OK that makes sense. We are going this summer, but only for a week, I was hoping to save hundreds of dollars too...but that doesn't work for us!!

I wish Disney would have a cheaper ticket like it. We spend most of our time at Universal and every once in a while we will venture over to Sea World or Disney. It would encourage us to go more often. As it stands the Disney 3 day non expiring hopper is $325!!!!

Disney does if you're willing to invest more money up front. You can buy a 10 day non-expiring ticket. This is really a best deal if you add the water park option. We have a stash of these tickets that work out to about $25/park day (either main park or water park). We value the main parks and water parks the same because we spend a full day at either. I just checked at undercovertourist and this ticket is $526 today, so that's just over $26/day at today's prices. Really quite a bargain, I think but I realize that not everyone enjoys the water parks like we do, and not everyone could spend that much money in advance for trips that may be years in the future.

If you just aren't a water park person, a 10 day non-expiring base ticket is $484, so $48/day. For the cost of 1 day at the water park ($42) you can add 10 water park days, so that seems like an easy decision to me. :goodvibes Just turn into a water park person to get the value!

Disney does if you're willing to invest more money up front. You can buy a 10 day non-expiring ticket. This is really a best deal if you add the water park option. We have a stash of these tickets that work out to about $25/park day (either main park or water park). We value the main parks and water parks the same because we spend a full day at either. I just checked at undercovertourist and this ticket is $526 today, so that's just over $26/day at today's prices. Really quite a bargain, I think but I realize that not everyone enjoys the water parks like we do, and not everyone could spend that much money in advance for trips that may be years in the future.

If you just aren't a water park person, a 10 day non-expiring base ticket is $484, so $48/day. For the cost of 1 day at the water park ($42) you can add 10 water park days, so that seems like an easy decision to me. :goodvibes Just turn into a water park person to get the value!

I don't need 10 years of tickets. I just want to spend $150 for 3 years of tickets, lol. (we'd only go for 1 day or so once a year...it isn't really our favourite destination)

Can anyone tell me if i could use one ticket at disney world one at sea world and than hold on one for a year?

We bought 5 of those costco tickets and used 1 day at Christmas, and plan to use the other 2 days in 2012. I read the fine print, and there is nothing about expiring 14 days from 1st usage. Even while at Univ., being the paranoid type, I asked the man helping those in line for ticket purchase, annual passes, etc. and he said if it does not say consecutive or expiring in 14days, then it is good for any thru 2013 (just as it says)--of course, it was crowded and he might have just been trying to move me along--- I had read the fine print about the tickets they sell on Univ. website--which clearly spells out the expiration after 14 days. I bought the costco tickets because of the ANY 3 days thru 2013---we would not have bought them otherwise.
I printed the "fine print" with todays date on it for regular tickets and am going to keep it with my Costco tickets--just in case there is any issue next year and I have to say "where's the fine print on this ticket like you have on your other tickets?"
fyi--I was at Guest Services for about 10 minutes while in the park and they seemed pretty reasonable--if these tickets were a "mistake," I'm sure they would recognize it and honor the tickets. I think they pretty much have to, as it says ANY 3 days through 12/31/2013 and there is not other disclaimer or modifier. have fun. Elaine

IS it transferable?

Thanks so much for this, we only go once per trip too.

For the pp that asked about DC area stores, I got mine at the Chantilly, VA store and they had at least 30 on the rack.

Thank you for posting this. We went today and purchased our tickets. This is a great deal for us!

anyone find any tickets available on long island, NY ?

has anyone called the main costco # to buy them thru them or online ? Will have to call monday .....

Funny to see this thread here...I just took a couple of photos with my phone at Costco of these last week. I wanted to be sure I knew the details so we could price compare (since they don't have them on the Costco website). I'm looking at the photos right now, and it says "3 days of your choice...based on 3 adult 1-day tickets with park to park access at $109 each...expires 12-31-2013".

I think you will be fine.

A tone of these just showed up at Costco Oakbrook Terrace, IL - there must have been over 100 of them. $139.99, valid ANY 3 days before 12/31/2013.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter