• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"A Squirrel Bit Me Mama!" October 2011 - Update 6-25

We have flown that 1st flight of the morning with little ones and I agree its the never ending day..Actually this year we did a 10am flight and i think in future we will stick with that till kids are bigger. We had less meltdowns that 1st day. Its hard not to take the 1st flight because I always just want to get there ASAP. Can't wait to read more:goodvibes
You're right! It's so hard not to take the first flight. I just want to spend every second possible there!

I'm subbing in! It's too bad you're family was so exhausted on the first day. I hope you guys got to your room and had a big nap! :thumbsup2
We were tired, but we still had a ton of fun!

Joining in! Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Welcome! Glad to have ya!

I left you with our 1 hour wait until our Fast Passes for Space Mountain were ready to use. A little background on Ava and Space Mountain: This year was the first year she has been tall enough to ride, and she couldn't wait! Anytime someone would ask her if she was going to Disney World, she would say "Yes! And I'm going to ride Space Mountain!" Each of the kids got to pick what ride they would like to ride that first day, and of course Ava's was Space Mountain! To kill time, we headed over the Pirates of the Caribbean. This was DH's pick for the first day. The wait was 15 minutes (The park was much more crowded than I had anticipated). The line moved quickly though, and before we knew it we had entered a world of swashbuckling pirates complete with dirty feet. After our ride, the show with Jack Sparrow was starting, so we stopped to watch for a minute. He was a pretty convincing Jack Sparrow!

IMG_5601.jpg

Ava got a seat on Daddy's shoulders for a better view.

IMG_5600.jpg

After the show, we headed over to finally get to ride Space Mountain. Ava was so excited she couldn't hardly stand it. As we got to the back of Tomorrowland it was eerily empty. As I mentioned before, the park was packed this day, so something was wrong..... Space Mountain was down, and they were doubtful it would be back up before the park closed at 7. Of course we had our first meltdown of the trip, Ava. It didn't take too long though and I found the girls like this.

IMG_5602.jpg

We decided it was time for an ice cream break. Isaac picked chocolate, and I decided a bite of his would be enough to hold me over until our 7:40 ADR at 1900 Park Fare. (Yes, this is why we were still in the park and not passed out in our hotel room) This was our most anticipated ADR and I wasn't about to cancel it. Anyway, back to the ice cream. I took one lick of Isaac's cone and the ice cream fell right off and landed on my camera of all things. I don't know if you've noticed, but they make the ice cream cones way to skinny and pile the ice cream on way to tall. Not a good mixture. I salvaged what I could and went to get a bowl. Here is Isaac not too happy with what I had done :(
IMG_5604.jpg

After all of the ice cream had been consumed, we headed to the Christmas Shop. Since the girls were asleep, they wouldn't be grabbing at every little thing. I bought my Christmas Ornament and we headed toward Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The girls were still asleep so I sat with them while everyone else rode. We also did the rider sway so Isaac could ride again. The line was 40 minutes long and it took every bit of that. The girls got in a good nap while we waited though. By the time the rest of the crew got back, I decided it was okay to wake Ava up and take her with me this time. And I am so glad I did. This was here first ride on a roller coaster. I'll let you look at the pics and decide if she liked it or not...

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

They loved it! This was probably my favorite memory of the trip. I am so glad I captured it with my camera!

When we arrived back, Vi had woke up and was being a good sport waiting for us. We had to start heading to the Grand Floridian for our ADR, but not without Ava begging to ride on Splash Mountain. It was a walk on and I'm so glad we did it! By the time, we got off we had to go really quickly to make it in time. We had 40 minutes to walk from the back of the park get on the monorail and get to the Grand Floridian. I might add that this was at park closing. Do you think we made it? I'll leave you with a pic of Vi rested and ready to go.
IMG_5625.jpg

I last left you with us leaving the MK and heading to 1900 Park Fare. This was at parking closing (7PM because it was a MNSSHP night). The crowd leaving was ridiculous! You know how when you are in a crowd and people are pushing you from behind and you just kinda have to keep moving? Well, this was happening to us, we had our double city mini stroller and were trying to make our way to the monorail. Apparently the man to the side of us thought Kevin was pushing the stroller too close to his wife and proceeded to call Kevin names that I won't say on here because of it. Keep in mind that Kevin never hit her, or came close to it. We were shoulder to shoulder and like it or not, it's close quarters. If you don't like crowds of people with strollers, then Disney World is not the place for you.... This guys poor wife looked so embarrassed and I felt sorry for her. We kept moving and thankfully we got away from them. Hopefully he was just having a bad day, and wasn't like that the whole vacation with his family...

Moving on.....(thankfully this was the only bad experience we had all week) we made it to 1900 Park Fare exactly at 7:40! They were very busy and we headed into the GF lobby to look around.

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5633.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

Here is the gang....looking pretty tired....

IMG_5626.jpg

We were seated in the main dining room after about a 20 minute wait. The first character to come around was Lady Tremaine.

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639-1.jpg

She was hilarious! She asked Isaac what he was going to be when he grew up. He told her an archeologist and she said he would be no where near rich enough for her liking...lol

Next up was Cinderella:
IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

She was really sweet and Violet and Ava were in awe. Then we had Anastasia. She was sooooo funny with Isaac. She tried to give him and kiss and as she leaned in, he kept leaning further and further away. She acted hurt and couldn't believe that he didn't want a kiss from "her".

IMG_5646.jpg

IMG_5647.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

Lastly we had a visit from Drizella. She was funny too and Cinderella actually got in one of the pictures with her and she yelled at her for doing so...Also right before she came, someone dropped some dishes and the Step Sisters yelled "Cinderelllllllllaaaa!" Everything the did was in character.

IMG_5651.jpg

IMG_5653.jpg

Overall we thought the food here was pretty good despite the reviews I had read on here. We all liked everything we got. Here is Ava with strawberry soup which she absolutely loved! She had two bowls of it :)

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5656.jpg

They also brought out Isaac a birthday cupcake which we took to go because we were stuffed!

IMG_5657.jpg

After our meal, we hopped back on the monorail to the MK, and got on a bus to Pop Century. Finally we were going to get to see our rooms. As we were walking to our room, we remembered our luggage dilemma and were really hoping it had made it's way to the room. Sure enough when we opened the door, there it all was!! We were exhausted and had an early morning wake up call the next morning....Any guesses where we were headed?

What a great 1st day at Disney! 1900 park fare is always a must do for us. The characters are always so funny.

Great update! I'm really excited to try 1900 Park Fare this trip and I can't wait to get pictures with all the characters. I'm going to guess back to MK to ride Space Mountain? :lmao:

What a great 1st day at Disney! 1900 park fare is always a must do for us. The characters are always so funny.
We LOVED the characters there! Even though we were exhausted it was still so much fun!

Great update! I'm really excited to try 1900 Park Fare this trip and I can't wait to get pictures with all the characters. I'm going to guess back to MK to ride Space Mountain? :lmao:
The characters there are really great! Phenomenal interactions! Sorry it's taken so long, but you'll find out where we were headed real soon!

Wow so much has happened since I last posted. Our family got extremely busy and now we are expecting a baby in November!! :cool1: The baby put a damper on our Disney plans this year, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. During my first trimester if I even heard the word Disney I wanted to throw up. Not sure why Disney made me sick but it definitely did...lol. Thankfully I'm past that stage and can start planning our next trip soon!

To pick up where I left off, we were getting ready to start day 2 of our vacation.

IMG_5667.jpg

Here are the girls headed to Hollywood Studios. We had to get up extra early because it was a morning extra magic hours day and we were on a mission. We got to the park about 45 minutes before they opened. We were about families back and it was still fairly dark outside.
IMG_5673.jpg

We had a plan. I was going to take all three kids and head to sign Isaac and Ava up for Jedi training. Kevin was headed to Toy Story Mania to get fastpasses. My inlaws decided they would head to the park later in the day. Our touring plans were "slightly" different on this trip. Thankfully the nice cast member let me sign the kids up for a show later in the day so my inlaws could watch. Kevin and I met up and decided to go ahead and do Toy Story Mania standby. We ran into a few characters on the way and they had no lines so we had a few short visits.
IMG_5675.jpg

Violet wasn't so sure about Stitch at first.
IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

I knew these first few park opening minutes were precious, but the kids were so excited to see the characters. We finally made it to Toy Story Mania and the line wasn't bad at all. We had never done stand by so we enjoyed the queue.
IMG_5680.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5684.jpg

Of course we all loved it, and couldn't wait to do it again.

Coming up: Phineas & Ferb, Jedi Training and Isaac's first upside down roller coaster. :woohoo:

After Toy Story Mania we didn't really have a plan. We decided to head toward Phineas & Ferb since all three kids are crazy about them. We still had time to kill before they came out so we checked out Star Tours. We did the child swap thing since Violet wasn't tall enough. Kevin went first and they all loved it. Then it was my turn. I never got to experience the old Star Tours, but thought this one was great!

After our ride, we headed back down to Phineas and Ferb which would prove to be the longest wait of the day. The show that the "producers" put on while waiting helped the time to pass. Violet was so excited when it was our turn she took off running toward Ferb. He turned toward her to give her a hug. She got scared and took off running in the opposite direction. It was pretty funny but DH had to chase her down. She decided she would let me hold her while we got a pic though.

Photo0044FourBySix.jpg

IMG_5692.jpg

A Ducky Momo Pic:
IMG_5693.jpg

On a side note, while we were waiting in line my DH thought that my ingenious idea to leave his wallet behind and use my card holder was not so great. I thought we could have easy access to it in the stroller pocket but it ended up being his wallet. So here he is with a flowery wallet....lol

IMG_5691.jpg

Next it was time to use our Toy Story Mania FP. On the way there I got some sweet pics of the kids.
IMG_5694.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

After TSM we needed some lunch since we only had half a cereal bar for breakfast. We made our way back to Pizza Planet where I found the most delicious dessert of the trip.

IMG_5697.jpg

The Cappuccino Cupcake was the bomb! It was by far the best cupcake I have ever eaten. I'm just praying that when we go back next year the cupcake will still be there. Seriously I have dreams about it.

By this time my inlaws had arrived and it was time to train our little jedis. We headed to the Sounds Dangerous building where we waited for instructions. Then we headed over to the stage area when the show began. I didn't even take my own pictures and was thankful for the PhotoPass photographer there. Here are a few from the show:
Photo0050FourBySix.jpg

Photo0054FourBySix.jpg

Photo0057FourBySix.jpg

By the time Darth Vader made his appearance Ava decided she wasn't quite cut out to be a Jedi and got off the stage pronto.
Photo0059FourBySix.jpg

I was very pleased with this experience and despite being "just a little" scared of Darth Vader Ava wants to try again next time.

Coming Up: Dinner at 50's Primetime, a few BIG rides, and our first experience with Fantasmic.

After our Jedi Training it was time for a snack. Violet chose a Mickey Bar! We used a snack credit to get it.
IMG_5719.jpg

Shortly after that it was nap time.... While Violet slept the rest of the crew went to ride Tower of Terror while Vi and I went to get FP for Rock N Rollercoaster.
IMG_5724.jpg

We did the child swap on Tower of Terror and it was my turn to ride. Ava LOVES this ride and I love to watch her on it. So fun! We had early ADR's for 50's Primetime Cafe and started to head that way. I was pretty excited about the food and the antics here. Here are a few pics from our experience.

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5729.jpg

Our server was from Indiana and was familiar with our hometown. Cool!
IMG_5730.jpg

This sweet man came up to wish Isaac a happy birthday before he left :goodvibes

IMG_5732.jpg

Violet had decided she had had enough so we went outside to hang out for a bit. It was so nice and the weather was absolutely perfect that day!

IMG_5734.jpg

Overall we really liked the food at 50's Primetime. Unfortunately my camera was really acting up and I didn't get very good pics of it. I had the fried chicken and it was delish. It had good options for the kids meals as well. The antics were pretty good. I saw some servers that really got into their role and had a lot of fun with their tables. Ours wasn't bad, just not as funny as some of the others we saw.

After dinner it was time for Isaac's first upside down roller coaster!! We headed to Rock N Rollercoaster to use our FP.

IMG_5725.jpg

We also did the rider swap so Kevin could ride too. Although it was FP it took a while for us to get through the line. The ride was amazing and I loved every second of it. On a side note: I still had my glasses on this day because my contacts were giving me such fits. Without glasses or contacts I can't see a thing, but I didn't want to risk losing my glasses. So needless to say I went without them and everything was a blur. Still a ton of fun though!

After my turn, I took Violet and we went to scope out a spot for Fantasmic! We got great seats right in the middle and I enjoyed the time to rest. A CM had given Violet a whole bunch of stickers and she kept herself occupied for quite a while with them.
IMG_5740.jpg

I was a little nervous about trying to hold 5 spots for the rest of the family, but it was not problem at all. There were actually people all around me saving seats so that made me feel a little better about it. Kevin and the rest of the family showed up soon and I went to get us some snacks. I opted for a few soft drinks and an R2D2 bucket of popcorn. YUM! :thumbsup2

Fantasmic was amazing and I am so glad we finally got to experience it. I can't wait to see it again! After the show we were beat and decided to call it a night. The line for the bus was pretty long, but we managed to finally make it back to the room. I'm pretty sure I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Day 3 was set for Animal Kingdom. This was a first for all of us and we were very excited to get going. We were up bright and early and ready to make it to rope drop. The in-laws wanted to sleep in again, so we headed out without them. Not sure if they still do this, but here is a pic of the show at the beginning of rope drop. It was cute, but won't be devastated if it's not there anymore.

IMG_5756.jpg

This is pretty much where the fun ended for a while. We headed straight to Expedition Everest to get our FP and hop in the standby line. As we were waiting, it didn't take long to realize the line was not moving. They announced that the ride was down over the speakers and a lot of unhappy vacationers left the queue. Moving on we headed to It's Tough to be a Bug (something we could all do together) as we arrived we were greeted out front by a CM letting us know that the ride was down :rotfl2: Moving on and trying to keep my cool for the kids sake, we moved on to Dinosaur. Yay! The line was moving....right? Once we got in the room and could see the cars loading the ride broke down. At this point my kids were near devastation. I was too. Here we had wasted all this precious morning park time on rides that weren't working :crazy2: We decided to wait it out since they weren't sending us away. After about 20 minutes the ride was back up and moving!! Yay our first ride of the day.....finally!

After Dinousaur Violet was ready to ride something so we hit this up...
IMG_5762.jpg

Yay 2 rides in a row! Next up we went to Camp Minnie & Mickey and saw these guys.

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

We saw Goofy too and got in line for Pocohontas but she went on break as soon as we got in line so we moved on.

At this point, we realized we hadn't eaten anything yet so we got my favorite "healthy" breakfast of the week. We used a snack credit and all shared. I didn't get a before pic, but here is the after....they literally licked the plate...lol

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

Next up was Lion King! We were about 20 minutes early, but got in line anyway. Big Mistake!! The mosquitos were awful here! I'm not exaggerating when I say we had at least 20 bites on all of us. I was really wishing I had listened to my best friend who lives in Orlando when she said bring the bug spray... This was our only encounter with the little pests but they were awful. Once we got in, we got great seats and absolutely LOVED the show! Here are some pics of the line and the show.

IMG_5778.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

IMG_5782.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

By the time the show was over, the in-laws arrived and we needed some lunch!

Next up: Lunch in the AK, Would Expedition Everest start working again?, DTD with Friends!

After The Lion King we met up with the in-laws and were ready for some grub!! We wanted to check out EE again so headed in that direction. As we passed Restaurantosaurus we decided that would do.
IMG_5786.jpg

I really enjoyed the theming in here. It was also very quiet and we found a back room all to ourselves!! It felt great to cool off and relax. As we chatted over lunch we found out that my inlaws had been there for a while and had already gone on the safari. After lunch we headed over to EE hoping it would be open and :cool1: it was!

We did the rider swap so the kids got to ride a couple times and my inlaws had picked up FP earlier and they were ready to go as well. While the kids and I rode, Kevin got another round of FP tickets for later. Isaac and Ava absolutely loved it! And I agree! It definitely didn't dissapoint.

After all our rides on EE we headed to it's tough to be a bug. I loved looking at the Tree of Life up close. The ride was pretty fun and the kids all loved it and didn't get scared like I was warned they would. Then we headed back to KS. Here is a cute pic of Gramma and Granpa with Vi.

IMG_5792.jpg

We rode standby and the wait said 30 minutes. Somehow we were hungry again and I got a Jalepeno Pretzel just outside the line. Thankfully I grabbed a few drinks too. It wasn't to spicy just definitely made you thirsty. We all loved the pretzel and ate it up in no time while waiting in line. We made it to the front of the line and were off on our safari!

IMG_5793.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

Something caught their attention...lol
IMG_5797.jpg

IMG_5798.jpg

IMG_5802.jpg

It was so funny when we started to fall of the bridge, Isaac didn't realize it was part of the ride and was absolutely terrified. He talked about it the rest of the week and didn't believe us when we told him it was supposed to do that.

After our Safari the girls were exhausted. We headed back to EE to ride again and then to PrimeEvil Whirl. Thankfully by the time we got there the girls looked like this.
IMG_5803.jpg

Kevin, Isaac and I went to ride with the Grandparents sat with the sleeping girls.
IMG_5806.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5808.jpg

At this time the parade was going on, and we were spent. We had a big night planned in DTD and needed to get back to the room to get cleaned up. The crowds were insane and it was nearly impossible to get through, but we eventually did. I got some cute Photopass pics before we left, but photobucket is acting up right now so I'll post those later.

Coming up: WPE in DTD and Meeting up with some friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter