A Sept '10 pre-trip report on how Disney addicts kill time before vacation!

If taking this picture in Disney, use photopass. In our WDW welcome packet last year we received a free 5x7. Take them at all the parks and at the end or near end of trip, pick your favorite. They will print it out for you. Take that picture when you get home to Walgreens/CVS and you can get a package and or copies.

They discontinued the 5x7s in this year's package! I was so bummed to read that! Otherwise, this would definately be what we would have done!

I'm trying to figure out where would be the best place for us to do this, maybe even 4-5 suggestions. I just invested in a new camera and I'm not sure if that's the one I'll be taking with us! :confused3

I did find out though that one of the original pieces of our scavenger hunt has been located. The wooden leg named Smith is back on our list!

In the endless search for the best vacation possible, these refurbs are starting to drive me nuts!!! :headache: I think the icing for me was IASW being down - E and DH are super bummed about Star Tours being down!

The quest for MNSSHP info is on... I'm really hoping Snow White hangs with her boys all night instead of breaking up the team, but you never know what the plan is!

Fingers are still crossed for the bulk of the Main Street tarps to come down before we go (Expo Hall at least!!). :surfweb:

Good news is, I'm officially in my Linda pants! :banana: I hit the mark this past week! :woohoo: Now I need to get searching for her signature yellow sweater vest! My beautician is eagerly awaiting our return so she can cut my hair again (been wearing it short as of late, but am trying to add some length for the trip). I still haven't found DH's outfit, though it shouldn't be too hard. I definately decided on self-dying a pair of used shorts for Ferb, it'll be much easier than finding purple shorts! :rolleyes1

I do think I have my list well modified for the trip - I'd say something, but if I did, I'd probably jinx the project so I'm keeping that to myself. Ugh! I'm getting anxious to get going! It's been so long since we booked and all I dream about is our vacation.

I (hopefully) go back to work in a week. I received my letter inviting me back, but am still waiting for my assignment for the school year. :sad2:

So the other day I was going through a box of old photos and found these:

oldDisneypic.jpg

castle.jpg

from a family trip back in 1986. Gotta love my hair and those short shorts!!!

The group shot was out front of Club Lake Villas!

So DS's autograph book had seen many better days. He swore he didn't want a new one. Finally he asked for a new one and this is what we came up with!

Here is the original:
autobooks-1.jpg

Here is the new one:
trenewbookcover.jpg

Here's DDs:
1268756580-1.jpg

We are soooooo ready to go!

I keep recycling the covers. DS's was the original one. I broke it apart to make one for Dneph last fall, then did it again for DD's book. They are 4x6 books - perfect to haul around!

I have it hung atop the window in our living room. It's hung on the nails I use for Christmas decorations so they can't get to it! It was decided by DS last night that DD would remove the blue ones (she got to go first) and he would do the red ones - smart kid, realized he'd pull the last link off before we go!

Each link has something we want to do at WDW written on it. I can't wait to cover all of them!

OMG, HOW have I missed your PTR? Forgive me!

You are going to have a great time--and less than a month away! I wanna go!

It's perfectly okay Amanda! It all but tapered off about... well... JUNE!!! :rotfl:

We both received our ME packs and travels docs over the last week.

E was ticked that I got our travel docs the same day she did!!! :lmao:

I did complete our costumes over the weekend! :banana: The dying of the purple Ferb pants went great! BOY ARE THEY PURPLE!!!! I got them cut and hemmed yesterday as well as finding a better yellow top to double as Linda's sweatervest. That needed a little TLC too, but it's perfect for what we need.

I can't wait to meet up with my stylist so she can show me how to use a "Bump-it" to get some big hair.

Now the question remains: to dye or not to dye my hair red?!?!? :confused3

I love the paper chain idea.
It has been the greatest thing to help the kids manage the time between when they find out about the trip until we actually go! This is the 2nd one we've done. I save all the pieces and put them in our scrapbook once we get back. :wizard:

DS is officially taller than the chart, as of tonight. Yesterday he tied it, now he passed it. DD should be there in about 3 more days.

On a side note, late July/early August the kids and I wrote letters to Mickey and Minnie at their home in California. Minnie evidently gets through her mail faster than Mickey does because DD got a special picture of Minnie in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle, personalized and signed by Miss Mouse. IT'S SO COOL! ::yes::

Well, I can't remember if mentioned it or not, but I completed our costumes!!!:banana:

I found a cotton tank that will double for the sweatervest and I managed to dye a pair of khakis the exact shade of Ferb purple!!!

My friend is going to help me figure out my hair... should I dye it from brown to red for MNSSHP?? :confused3 I'm going to channel my inner Snookie and utilize my bump-its for the BIG hair! :lmao:

I also submitted my food allergy paperwork this afternoon. I evidently was a bad friend and neglected to tell E about it... :rolleyes1 but she got hers in too.

I'm still battling some poison ivy... on week 3 :mad:. I had plans to get my legs waxed so I didn't have to worry about packing razors for the trip, but it just doesn't look like that's going to happen. I even traded photography services in exchange (it's okay... I can still cash in another favor - facial anyone?? ;))!!!

DS and I are settling in to watch Robin Hood, catch y'all in a few!

i am delurking to find out how your trip went!!! I am in charge of a scavenger hunt at WDW in January for 18 people... ages ranging from 4 to 40! I had a lot of your clues and trivia saved but my computer crashed and now i am starting from scratch! any tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter