A scent Yankee Candle should DEFINATLY NOT consider.....

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Burned Kitten Tail.

I had my Key Lime Pie Large Yankee Candle burning beside me and Isis climbs up on the desk....the next thing I see is fire crawling up his tail. I smothered it really quickly, he never felt it but the smell was awful! Cinged hair!! Yuck!!

My days of leaving candles lit all over the house are definatly over. If they can't be right beside me than I can't light them.

We had a similar scent at our house during our Christmas round robin - "Burned Cat Tail." Everyone could smell something burning, but no one could figure out what. After the guests left my orange tabby, Bosco, jumped up on my lap and I noticed his tail was singed! I had a candle burning on the bathroom counter and he must have gotten his tail a little too close! It is a bad smell!

Cordelia's tail got singed(not too badly) the same way.Burned tail is not a pretty smell

can't magine that would be a big seller. ick glad the cat is okay.

I have a similar smell with my desk lamp. It is a regular incandescent bulb but they love the heat and will keep their backs up to the bulb. I have to watch them really carefully. I never leave the lamp on when I am not here to monitor it.

I've seen [near the Yankee Candles] at my stores an electric candle burner. You set your candle on the 'burner' and plug it in. It safely burns your candle [actually heats it up] and you get the same scent as if there was a flame but no flame to worry about. On the package it says that it is safe to let on all day. [if you are home -- I would imagine]. If you can't find any in your area --- PM me and I'll pick one up for you. I think they were around $20.

It would be something much safer for animals and small children than burner the candle.

I've gone to the tealights. I light them inside votive candle holders, as they are deeper down inside. And since they are in their own little holder, it is easier to clean up after them. I light about three at a time throughout the house and the scent goes everywhere. I love Yankee Candles!

Thankfully, our cat is about a hundred and is not interested in candles or getting into mischief.

"Never leave a burning candle unattended"!

Jody

I'm curious, you can sit a large Yankee Candle jar on this? We are going to the Yankee Candle store this weekend and I will have to look for this.

I do have the tea lights and tart burners but my curious kittens like the flickering of the flame and will play with that too. The electric thing sounds wonderful.

Poor baby kitty!! I don't even want to think about what that smell is like.

I thought at first that this thread was going to be a list from all of us of smells we never want to see :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter