A "quick" report and a BIG THANK YOU!!

Mom2Stitch

DIS Veteran
First and foremost I wanted to give a great big THANK YOU to everyone who helped me with getting our first official Universal stay planned. Everyone here is so friendly and because of this board we were able to have a wonderful trip!!!

We checked into Royal Pacific on 9/3 and stayed until 9/7. I requested tower 3, high floor and we got room 3529, it over looked some of the water, some parking lot, and a rooftop. Normally I don't pay much attention to the view, but this room was nice as we could see some ducks and cranes on the water, so that was nice.

When we got there our room wasn't ready-it was about 10:30-so we got checked in, got our express pass, and handed our luggage off to bell services to hold while we went to the park. It all went very smoothly and we were immediately impressed by the staff and the hotel. Also I wanted to note for anyone who may be wondering, a deposit at check in was not needed if not charging to the room. We paid our room off with our debit card and there was no hold at all put on it. We just swiped our debit card or paid cash as we went through the parks and restaurants.

We hit Universal first and got our AP vouchers exchanged. It seemed like there were a lot of people there in line for tickets, but once in the park they just dispersed to ....somewhere, lol. It kind of seemed like they just vanished!. First thing I see is Bart and Homer-my one and only character goal this trip was the Simpsons, so big score for me! Walked right up and got pics, same with Betty Boop. Also got Scooby and the the whole Mystery Gang-no Fred though! Minions-our first attraction- had a 70 minute wait posted, but express pass made that a quick 10 minutes for us. So far so good! We went on to take on the Mummy(love, love, love the Mummy!) and Transformers. We happened upon Finnegans and decided on lunch-I had the fish which was wonderful. Hubby had the pork and a Guiness--happy happy! We were having a wonderful time. We went on to E.T. I know this is a favorite and I love the movie, but this was just very weird to me, not a fan of this one. It was here that things went bad.

As a seasoned WDW vet and no stranger to the FL heat I should know better than to push myself, but in my excitement I didn't realize how hot and dehydrated I was getting. We had been up and moving since 4AM also, so I think I was just flat out tired. Thankfully we got the text that the room was ready and we headed back. By the time we got to the room I had a sick headache and got very sick:crazy2:. I rested a few hours and felt a little better.

Hubby was crazy hungry and honestly I didn't want anything, but we decided to see what Jakes had to offer. It was kinda late and they were out of the chicken that hubby wanted. He ended up with the tomato soup and onion rings (not on the menu, but they got them for him!), I had the tomato soup and pretzel rods. Everything was delicious and just right after my icky sicky afternoon. Loved the cheese croissant donut that comes with the soup, it was so yummy and comforting! We had enough of the pretzels left to have as a snack later too. Loved this meal.

I knew that this trip was going to be a hard sell for DH-Disney is home away from home for him and he loves it. As we were drifting off to sleep, he told me that he really enjoyed his day and really liked the room-sounds like good news to me.

Day 2--Harry Potter and Springfield is in our future...next up....

Last edited:
I'm here waiting for more !

Yes the Florida heat zaps peeps at times

When you are up early on the morning to leave for Orlando, it is a tiring long first day in the parks

All excited to read how the other days of your trip went

Great start! It's easy to overdue it on the first day, especially with such an early start, you are so excited when you arrive you forget how long you've already been going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter