A PJ 15 Years in the making! *UPDATE 9-4* DFTW OPEN HOUSE

Tessaluvstigger

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! Well it's officially time to start a PJ after so long of reading these boards! Df, Alex proposed just two nights ago while we were on a dinner train in the Royal Gorge in Colorado with my parents, it was AMAZING!!! I will be posting pictures just as soon as we get back home from our trip. I had been anticipating the proposal for a while but was still SHOCKED and overwhelmed when it actually happened!!!

A little about us, I'm 27 and work as a public policy director for a political action committee and I'm also finishing graduate school. DF is 29 and work for our state party as statewide political field director and will finish his pHD in May of 2011! So yup we both work in politics...not going to say which party we work for cause I don't want to turn this into any sort of a political discussion :goodvibes. We met in college and have been together 6 years...he was President when I was a freshman and first joined the college state party! So politics brought us together!!!:love:

Now as for the wedding...we are thinking December 2012 which is a loooong time away but here's why...number one we are both so busy with school and work there is no way I cam try and seriously devote time till after May of next year to doing much. Then we are going to be heading into campaign season and there is NO WAY we will have any time between say October 2011-November 2012 to even sleep let alone take off for a wedding! Dec of 12 will mean the campaign will be over and we can have our weddding and a nice looooong honeymoon to celebrate!!! We want an evening ceremony at the WP and then either AAR or ADH dining hall. The AAR is just gorgeous and fits us and our political lifestyle but I kinda want an outside photographer. Just seems like I can so much more for a lot less if we go with an outside photographer! We are planning to invite about 150 and I'll guess maybe 100 will come, of it's less then we'll definitely go with ADH which I love as well!!! Planning on a total of 5 bridesmaids...my sis and my best friend of 24 years wil be co MOHs, then my cousin, another friend, and Df's sister! Can't wait to ask them all!!! My dad is the most excited to plan this wedding! When I was 12 years old we were riding the monorail together and saw the WP that had just opened and I told him I wanted to get married there someday! Each trip since then he's said "there's where I'll give my baby girl away someday" So both him and mom are just thrilled! Df parents are Disney Nuts as well and our parents have even gone on vacations together so it's gonna be one big party!
Well I am still on our trip and Df is ready to go have a good time again so I'll update more with pics early next week once I'm home!!!

Congrats and welcome to the boards! NO worries at all about a long engagment, that only means you can enjoy it more!

Can't wait to read all about it popcorn::

Congrats and welcome to the boards! NO worries at all about a long engagment, that only means you can enjoy it more!

Can't wait to read all about it popcorn::
Thanks so much! It seems so far off right now but I know that it'll come sooner than I think. We are considering moving it to earlier in 2012 just because yesterday my DF's mom pointed out that if the wedding is in Dec '12 we'd be dealing with a lot of the final decisions in Oct and November and as she says "You two are a crazy mess those months of a election when you have NOTHING else going on...are you really going to be able to handle guest lists, talking about cakes and flowers, and having a new wedding decision come up everyday...cause the rest of us may need to move FAR away from you two as stressed as you'll be!" :rotfl: HAHAHA I love my future MIL!!!

:welcome: and congratulations!!

Thanks so much!!! Soooo excited!

I promise I'll be getting in a real update soon...just been crazy busy lately after we got back from Colorado and now I'm trying to get a few things planned for my mom, dad's, and I's trip to WDW at the end of this month! However, I'm working on ideas for asking the girls to be my BMs! And my sister and I have picked out some really good options for BM dresses so I'll post some picks of those on the next update along with pics of my ring!!!:lovestruc

CONGRATS ON EVERYTHING SO FAR!! Can't wait to hear more about your plannin as I am a JUNE 2012 bride!!! YAY!!!

Yay!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :dance3:

Another 2012 Bride! How exciting! Can't wait to hear your plans :cool1:
Thanks so much! I'm so very happy and excited!!! 2012 seems so far away but I know it'll be here sooner than we all think!
CONGRATS ON EVERYTHING SO FAR!! Can't wait to hear more about your plannin as I am a JUNE 2012 bride!!! YAY!!!
Thanks! I'm now subscribed to your PJ and all your amazing ideas are definitely giving me lots of inspiration! Didn't the Arndt's take your E-pics? I love them and I'm thinking of having them so our E-pics when we are there in December. Were they fun to work with? I promise to get a real update on here tonight when I have my actual computer on not just typing replies on my iPhone!
Congratulations and welcome!
Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks so much! I'm so very happy and excited!!! 2012 seems so far away but I know it'll be here sooner than we all think!

Thanks! I'm now subscribed to your PJ and all your amazing ideas are definitely giving me lots of inspiration! Didn't the Arndt's take your E-pics? I love them and I'm thinking of having them so our E-pics when we are there in December. Were they fun to work with? I promise to get a real update on here tonight when I have my actual computer on not just typing replies on my iPhone!
Thanks so much!!!!

OMG YES!!! I love David and Vicki they are amazing!! You should give them a call... if you need their number or any information let me know. If you book them for your wedding you get an engagement session included!! They we the most fun I've ever had in a photographer and that is why I have already booked them for our wedding in June 2012:rotfl:

If you call them tell them "HI" for me as I love them oh soooo much!! If you have any other questions about them or anything else please let me know!!

OMG YES!!! I love David and Vicki they are amazing!! You should give them a call... if you need their number or any information let me know. If you book them for your wedding you get an engagement session included!! They we the most fun I've ever had in a photographer and that is why I have already booked them for our wedding in June 2012:rotfl:

If you call them tell them "HI" for me as I love them oh soooo much!! If you have any other questions about them or anything else please let me know!!

I am definitely going to be giving them a call. I think we are really leaning toward wanting the AAR as our Reception site so we'll have DPS for the actual wedding but I was thinking of them for E-pics and a Trash The Dress session as well. If we go with the ADR for the reception instead then I think we're definitely leaning towards them!!!:banana: I LOVE THEIR STYLE! I will definitely tell them HI from you when I call!

Okay finally a REAL update! We were considering moving the date up but I really want a December wedding...always have! And the idea of being able to take a nice long honeymoon instead of having to rush home to work is a HUGE benefit!

Anyway, my MOHs and I went looking at dresses for both them and me and I haven't had any luck for myself but they found a few dress styles them like! Here's the 3 they liked...they looked even better than the models in these though in my opinion!

My favorite is the second one...our colors are going to be Black and Gold (we both went to Mizzou and that's our school colors!) and it's going to be an evening wedding so really any of these dresses in black could work! Which one do you all like the best? I'm taking all the girls to KC to try these 3 dresses on in October and get all of their opinions!
We also have started looking at Save the Dates! How soon should I send save the dates out...one year, six months??? I was thinking of actually doing like an informal newsletter to everyone before we send the Save The Dates...is this something a lot of people do for destination weddings?:confused3
Anyway here are the two Save the Dates we like. DF loves the first, I love the second one...opinions are welcomed of course!!! Let's just be honest though DF knows I usually get what I want....:rotfl:

F12599lr.jpg
[/IMG]
designalldll.jpg

These are just a few things I've got going so far...I'm going with my parents to WDW in 2 weeks and Mom and I are going to the DFTW Open House and having a site visit while we're there so I'm sure I'll have a lot of stuff to post after that!!! Thanks again to everyone for the congrats!!!

Okay finally a REAL update! We were considering moving the date up but I really want a December wedding...always have! And the idea of being able to take a nice long honeymoon instead of having to rush home to work is a HUGE benefit!

Anyway, my MOHs and I went looking at dresses for both them and me and I haven't had any luck for myself but they found a few dress styles them like! Here's the 3 they liked...they looked even better than the models in these though in my opinion!

My favorite is the second one...our colors are going to be Black and Gold (we both went to Mizzou and that's our school colors!) and it's going to be an evening wedding so really any of these dresses in black could work! Which one do you all like the best? I'm taking all the girls to KC to try these 3 dresses on in October and get all of their opinions!
We also have started looking at Save the Dates! How soon should I send save the dates out...one year, six months??? I was thinking of actually doing like an informal newsletter to everyone before we send the Save The Dates...is this something a lot of people do for destination weddings?:confused3
Anyway here are the two Save the Dates we like. DF loves the first, I love the second one...opinions are welcomed of course!!! Let's just be honest though DF knows I usually get what I want....:rotfl:

F12599lr.jpg
[/IMG]
designalldll.jpg

These are just a few things I've got going so far...I'm going with my parents to WDW in 2 weeks and Mom and I are going to the DFTW Open House and having a site visit while we're there so I'm sure I'll have a lot of stuff to post after that!!! Thanks again to everyone for the congrats!!!

I love the dresses!! :banana: We sent out engagement announcements in May saying we plan on getting married in June 2012, and then I just sent out a newsletter (but haven't heard back from anyone except one of my aunts:scared1:) hoping that I would get some PRE-RSVP's as I asked them to contact me if they are going to plan.

I'm also attending the Open House!! I can't wait:goodvibes

Hi! Congrats and Welcome!!!

I absolutely love the first dress and in black it would look amazing, very elegant and unique. :thumbsup2

For the Save the Date I have to agree with your future hubby, I've seen the second STD too many times, the first one is different and the guests would get a kick out of it. STD's are usually sent out 8 months to a yr in advance, we sent ours at the 10 month mark and then sent out our first set of newsletters 2 months later. If you have time I would do a newsletter so your guests get enough information from the hotels to the schedule of the events.

WOOHOO! Another December bride! Congratulations on everything! Your plans look fantastic so far! :cool1:

I know you were thinking about using David and Vicki Ardnt and I just want to tell you how HIGHLY I recommend them and how amazing they are. We hired them for our wedding this December and had our engagement session with them 3 weeks ago. We've only seen a handful of our pics so far, but they are AMAZING. David and Vicki are both so fantastic to work with too! If you need any contact info, I have it all and can totally get it to you! :) And if you talk to them, tell them Crystal and Don said hello! :laughing:

I love the dresses!! :banana: We sent out engagement announcements in May saying we plan on getting married in June 2012, and then I just sent out a newsletter (but haven't heard back from anyone except one of my aunts:scared1:) hoping that I would get some PRE-RSVP's as I asked them to contact me if they are going to plan.

I'm also attending the Open House!! I can't wait:goodvibes
I think I'm going to do the newsletter idea in the next couple months and we are going to send out engagement announcements next month. We are just waiting for the first home Mizzou football game to take a picture at so we can put those on our e-announcements...we are both HUGE Mizzou Tiger Fans!!!:cheer2: I hope your Pre-RSVPs start rolling in! That's my biggest worry of destination weddings is guests who wait till the last minute to RSVP!

Yay for the open house!!! I am sooooo excited!:cool1: Only 9 more days now till I leave and 10 until the open house...I also worked out a site visit while I'm there!!!

Hi! Congrats and Welcome!!!

I absolutely love the first dress and in black it would look amazing, very elegant and unique. :thumbsup2

For the Save the Date I have to agree with your future hubby, I've seen the second STD too many times, the first one is different and the guests would get a kick out of it. STD's are usually sent out 8 months to a yr in advance, we sent ours at the 10 month mark and then sent out our first set of newsletters 2 months later. If you have time I would do a newsletter so your guests get enough information from the hotels to the schedule of the events.
I am really loving that first dress too now! I can't wait to see them on my BMs in October! I can't wait to start getting info out to our guests! My whole family has always know I would get married at WDW so I have aunts and uncles and cousins already asking about my Disney Wedding!!!
WOOHOO! Another December bride! Congratulations on everything! Your plans look fantastic so far! :cool1:

I know you were thinking about using David and Vicki Ardnt and I just want to tell you how HIGHLY I recommend them and how amazing they are. We hired them for our wedding this December and had our engagement session with them 3 weeks ago. We've only seen a handful of our pics so far, but they are AMAZING. David and Vicki are both so fantastic to work with too! If you need any contact info, I have it all and can totally get it to you! :) And if you talk to them, tell them Crystal and Don said hello! :laughing:
I'm definitely having the Ardnt's do my Trash the Dress session and if we go with ADH for our reception they'll be our wedding day photographers!:thumbsup2 The one time I've spoke with them I just love them! If we end up deciding on the AAR for our reception then we will be using DPS since we'll have to....I HATE THAT RULE!!!:mad: But I'm already looking forward to them doing our TTD photos no matter what!

Congrats!!! Can't wait to read all of your plans!!
Thanks for the Congrats! We're already having fun with the planning!

Alright FINALLY an update...sorry life has been crazy with school starting back, campaign season being in full swing, and oh ya I got to take a trip to WDW this past week!!!:cool1: The most exciting things on this trip was that my mom and I went to the DFTW Open House and I had a site visit!!!:banana: The big news is that we definitely want to have the ceremony at WP and the reception is going to be at AAR!!! I just absolutely love AAR and seeing some pictures of it all made up for a reception just made me 100% sure we want it there even if it means using DPS! Actually we got to meet with Mike Strickland at the Open House and he showed us some of his work and we're going to request him! My mom has all the site visit pics and I'll be getting those soon but I do have a few pics from the open house that I took on my iPhone. Sorry for the picture size...some won't resize correctly
IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Other than this I'm current working on a newsletter to send out to friends and family. We decided to do an engagement announcement newsletter where we let everyone know what our wedding plans are and ask who might be thinking about coming. So many people have already told us they are coming and it's starting to freak me out...I want no more than 150 there...a big reason to do a Disney Wedding is to avoid a lot of people coming. If we did the wedding at home it would be 300-350 people easier AARGH!!! So hopefully this newsletter gives us a clearer idea of how many people are serious about coming. I'll post a copy of it when it's done! I'm so excited to have made the decision about the when part of the reception now!!!!

Hi from another 2012 bride..we are planning on November 2012. I'm excited to read about your plans...AAR is beautiful..I wish they allowed smaller groups to use it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter