A Mini Fall Wedding Trip Report -- Professional Teaser Pics Added 10/20

sillykaren

Wishing upon a star...
Although my planning journal fell by the wayside I wanted to come back and give a short trip report about our wedding! We were married on October 12, 2010 at Sea Breeze Point, and had a small lunch reception afterwards at the Captain’s Grille! :goodvibes

Vendor Reviews:

David and Vicki Arndt A++++ I could not have made a better choice in photographers. I had met them back in January of this year to do family portraits and just fell in love with both of them. They’re so sweet and personable. On the day of I knew I made the right choice when they already knew Tanis and Rev. Kevin, and everyone worked so well together. They also made shooting photos in 90 degree heat while we were both sweaty messes a fun process! I can’t wait to see the finished photos! :D

Rev. Kevin Knox A+ He made both of us feel so comfortable on the day of, giving a mini rehearsal to both of us right before., separately of course since we chose not to see each other until the ceremony. I loved the wording he already for the ceremony, so I didn’t have to make any changes at all.

Tanis Armstrong A+++ She was AWESOME! I think one of the best wedding planners Disney has. She was so upbeat and positive throughout the whole thing and was always very prompt at getting back with me regarding updates. We also had a little dress malfunction the morning of and she swooped right in to help us get some safety pins and take care of it. She even went out of her way to have the limo drop our cake off at the Captain’s Grille.

Disney Floral A+ My flowers were exactly what I wanted! The colors went together perfectly and the little extra touches that I didn’t ask for were amazing! The petal basket was decorated and extra mini daisies were put on all the little tables, which we didn’t use but took to decorate the lunch reception table.

Disney Photography A Haven’t seen the pictures yet, but the photographer was really nice to work with. He took pictures of my husband and his family before the ceremony and did a lot of background photojournalistic pictures during the ceremony. He had a really cool infra-red camera that took some neat pictures. Can’t wait to see them!

Disney Bakery A++ The Cake was DELICIOUS and beautiful. I didn’t want to cut into it, but enjoyed smashing it in my DHs face! :P When we got to the Captain’s Grille for lunch the pastry chef and taken it in back and reassembled and touched up the frosting on the cake-cutting area so it looked all brand new for our lunch reception! We enjoyed for quite a few days after!

Captain’s Grille A+++ Our servers did a FABULOUS job making us feel welcome and special! They not only decorated with balloons, but had a little table pushed over with to set the reassembled cake on! They just went out of their way to make sure everyone in our party was happy. The food was also delicious and everyone was really pleased with their meal!

I'm glad it went well! I'm happy to hear your experience with the Captain's Grille was great because we want our rehearsal dinner there.. but it's so low key we weren't sure if it would be good for a group. We love it there because the food is amazing and its quiet.

Your reviews are all positive so it must have been a fabulous day!

Here a few teaser pictures from friends and family until I get the professional pictures! :cool1:

66365_586711733083_26200022_33438076_6783595_n.jpg

65932_586711797953_26200022_33438077_4090802_n.jpg

72511_586712257033_26200022_33438088_2716047_n.jpg

66652_586712286973_26200022_33438089_3622752_n.jpg

And of course our magical hidden mickey!! :love:

71537_443166756189_111170876189_5979337_266267_n.jpg

Lastly just one D&V sneak peak:

66607_445043956189_111170876189_6007445_6564607_n.jpg

Wow I am totally lovin the pic's so far! How on earth did they do that hidden mickey? Very cool. It looks like you had a wonderful wedding and I would love to hear more!

So *you* guys were the ones with the magical Mickey!! :wizard: That was so cool!

Your pictures look lovely. So glad you had such a nice wedding day! :goodvibes

Beautiful pictures!!
Love the hidden mickey in the bubbly - what are the chances of that happening twice!!!

great pictures!! I love the Gerber daisies on the cake - so pretty! Can't wait to see more and hear about your day. :yay:

I love your pics, they are so amazing!!!
Now I know whose wedding had the hidden mickey in the champagne glass!! I was so amazed when I saw it posted on FB, how wonderful to have that happen!
Magical things always seem to happen at Disney :goodvibes

Congratulations on your wedding and I am so glad you loved Tanis. We have her as our coordinator for our wedding in December and we couldn't be more happy with her.

Thank you everyone, we are SO SO happy with all of our pictures! I'd highly recommend David and Vicki to anyone who is still deciding! :goodvibes

I love your pics, they are so amazing!!!
Now I know whose wedding had the hidden mickey in the champagne glass!! I was so amazed when I saw it posted on FB, how wonderful to have that happen!
Magical things always seem to happen at Disney :goodvibes

Congratulations on your wedding and I am so glad you loved Tanis. We have her as our coordinator for our wedding in December and we couldn't be more happy with her.

Ohhh that's coming up so soon! You'll love Tanis! :lovestruc And yes Disney truly does make your day magical! :wizard:

Wonderful pics. I love your dress, I have picked a short dress too, don't often see then on here:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter