A Make A Wish Trip - Final Update!! Pg. 33

Wow wendy im so happy for you guys!!I should be packing for our trip to hershey park right now because we leave in the morning but Im glued here reading all about your GKTW trip!!!keep it coming.I wasnt going to bring my laptop with me to PA but now I might have to,LOL

So I'm debating what to do here. Mick has already written his report. Funny and Sentimental all in one. However, I of course have my version of how things went and would add pictures but would take me quite a bit of time to write.

What to do, what to do? :confused: :rolleyes1

I really would like to get our Perfectly Magical Day up soon...

Either post them both, or start a new thread with his and link it to this one so we can read them both!!!!!!!

I am loving it! (and crying, but good tears honest!) :laughing:

You have me in tears...thans for sharing your amazing family!!! Cannot wait to read more!

I love reading your report. Yes, bringing the luggage yourself to the security area is tough with small kids. We had 7 pieces of luggage and luckily the kids were able to wheel their own to the area. It was and is definitely hard.

I look forward to reading so much more!

Alright, here is Mick's version of Monday.

MONDAY: Michael's Birthday.
Up at 7. Breakfast, and we're ready to go. We roll out of the villa and I ask if Wendy has the tickets. Nope. She forgot. No big deal, back to the villa for the tickets. We roll back out the gate and I ask about the special pass. Nope. Forgot that too. Back to the villa. We get on the road and I ask if we should turn left or right. She forgot the directions. Earmuff time for the kids while I express my feelings about a third trip back.

Finally, we get to the Magic Kingdom. Plan to spend half a day then on to epcot. Kids ride the monorail in the front with the pilot (from Addison - said he strapped a snow shovel on the hood of his truck and drove south until someone asked, "What's that?")
016_16.jpg

First thing first: Kids need a haircut. Michael gets his cut in a Peter Pan cut by the barber who cuts Peter pan's hair.
018_18.jpg

Danae gets her first haircut and blue streaks in her hair.
019_19.jpg

Then, on to rides. 4 times through Peter Pan's flight, twice through It's a small world, couple turns around the carosel, and finally a couple times on Dumbo's Flight. It's almost lunch (front of the line passes for wish kids - life saver).
031_31.jpg

032_32.jpg

Wait...there's more.

We walk over to the castle and get in to lunch with Cinderella - normally a 6 month reservation required. Evidently, they knew how much I wanted to meet Jasmine.

Lunch went well - I got a lap dance from Jasmine (or at least a picture of her on my lap.)
052_52.jpg

Danae and Michael were in heaven.
055_55.jpg

After that we went to the wish lounge (special room for the wish kids) and the kids took a nap. I told the cast members there that we were getting ready to head to Epcot. They told us to watch the parade and come back to the lounge. I said, "that's okay, we're going to head over to Epcot for a bit." They said, "You really might want to watch the Parade and come back to the lounge." We decided to watch the parade and come back to the lounge.

We walked out to the parade at 2:57 - starts at 3 and people start lining up an hour early to get a good seat. A cute little blond girl (named Aimee - I love that name) called us over and moved us up to the front row for good viewing. When Peter Pan came by, he pointed down at Michael (in his Peter Pan hat and overalls) and said, "Happy Birthday Michael!" You can imagine his reaction. (No imagining...here it is!)
073_73.jpg

075_75.jpg

Afterwards, we went back to the lounge for more water and let the kids decompress. As we were sitting there, Peter Pan walked in. Michael looked at him, looked at us, put his hands to his face and said, "Oh my goodness." Then, he lost it. Totally overwhelmed, just sat there and stared. Got some pictures but he was having a rough time. Great effort on their part though.
088_88.jpg

094_94.jpg

Walked around a bit, Michael got to drive the boat on the jungle cruise.
100_100.jpg

And More...

As we walked by Pirates of the Carribean, Peter Pan and Wendy were doing a meet and greet. We didn't see them, but they saw us. Peter yelled, "Hey Michael, wait a minute. I'm almost done." They closed the line and in between kids, Peter chatted with Michael. Michael got excited and when the line was gone, Peter, Wendy (character, not wife), Michael and Danae all played tag, hide and go seek, and just talked.
108_108.jpg

113_113.jpg

Peter asked Michael if he wanted to fly (rhetorical question) and lifted him up onto a windowsill then jumped up for a photo.
117_117.jpg

Michael's feather fell out of his hat and he started to get that 'I'm going to melt down' look in his face. But Peter jumped up onto the bars to the Pirates of the Carribean store and yelled for them to bring him a feather.
125_125.jpg

Peter put the feather into Michael's cap.
127_127.jpg

They leave. Wendy and I break down and cry. It was perfect.

And more...

We head to tune town, Michael rides the roller coaster and discovers that he likes it. 6 trips later, I got him off the coaster and to the big tent so Danae can meet some more princesses.
142_142.jpg

151_151.jpg

156_156.jpg

After the princesses, we go down to the speedway so Michael can drive a car. Can't find the special entrance and it's an hour wait, so we start to leave. Aimee runs up (remember her from earlier?) and tells us we have to ride and drags us through the line. We go around and they wave us back down into our seats - we go around again. Michael gets his driver's license.
161_161.jpg

Supper time. Wendy goes to get a salad. I stay with the kids to get hamburgers. After I order and pay, but before I get the food, The infamous: "Daddy, I have to go potty." One kid under each arm and I'm off to the potty. Get back, get the kids in the stroller, pick up the food tray with two hands. "How am I going to get this food tray and this empty stroller to the table. HEY, WHere are the kids?" I call Wendy, she says, "I'm getting my salad toppings - I'll be right there. " I look around balancing the tray while pushing the stroller. No kids. No wife. Call the wife. "I'm still getting toppings. How did you lose the kids?" I decide not to answer that question. Kids walk up and get in the stroller. "Where have you been?" "Nowhere." Wendy walks up and prevents me from strangling my darling children.

And finally...

We get settled in to watch the nighttime parade. 15 minutes prior, "Daddy, I have to go to the potty." Thankfully, it's the daughter. Wife takes her while I sit back and relax. 3 minutes before the parade starts, (yes, you guessed it) "Daddy, I have to go to the potty." Grab the boy. Thousands of people all trying to get good seats. I take off with him holding my hand. "Excuse me." "*******" "Pardon me." "*******" So, I pick him up and with the cry of "Small child with a potty emergency!" the crowd parts before me like the Red Sea for Moses. Eventually, we make it back in time to see the parade. Peter Pan is on the ground this time and walks up to Michael and says, "I hope you had a good time. I really enjoyed playing with you. You are a great Lost Boy." Wow.
171_171.jpg

176_176.jpg

After the Parade, Wendy wants to stay for fireworks. I point out that Michael has some sensory issues with noise. She says, "How loud can fireworks be?" There is a loud thump as my foot hits the ground and we leave. We take the Ferry back, Michael gets to sit in the pilot house and talk with the pilot before we leave. We watch the fireworks off the back deck - wife is happy.

So there you have dh's version of events. Pretty close to accurate. I will try and post my account by the end of the week. I'll have more and different pictures for those!

Oh! Wendy!!I'm gonna have to run down to Wally World and buy some more Kleenix. I've laughed, oh WOWED and bawled my tears out! How awesome for your son and Ya'll! I'm also sitting here thanking God and praying for his blessings upon Peter and Aimee. "Peter Pan" will probably never realize what those few exta words and actions mean to ya'll! I know that day was truly magical!!:wizard: It goes to show ALL of us, sometimes just a couple of extra seconds a thoughtful word or gesture CAN really make a BIG difference in someones life. Someone else reading this may not understand what I'm trying to say but if they scroll back to those AWESOME pictures of michael they will see!! I 'm reaqlly not doing an adequate job of expessing my heart right now so I'm gonna go wash my face, compose myself and then come back to see if theres some more!!!!!:surfweb:

Beautiful!:cloud9: You have me in tears, Michaels face while playing with Peter Pan is priceless! Your daughter is beautiful and you are all so blessed with things so msny of us take for granted. Thank you for doing this report it is so inspiring!:hug:

Oh goodness more tears for me...the look on Michael's face when Peter Pan is priceless. What an amazing day. Filled with joy and tears.

You're children are BEAUTIFUL!! I love your trip report:goodvibes I have tears in my eyes as I am reading this. It truly is precious.

........Cannot.......stop.......crying.........

What a perfect day. Full of priceless memories of your little guy and his awesome wish!! Just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing with us. :love: As a parent, my heart overflows for you ALL and your special day.

Wendy:
A picture of 217 it is. If it is vacant during the time that we are there, I will ask them if I can get in and take inside photos for you as well. It seems you and your husband have similiar senses of humor. I have thoroughly enjoyed the dry humor as well as all the touching moments! I am sooooo glad that this was a a dream come true trip for your family!

Wendy:

I forgot to tell you that I also loooove the picture of Danae buckled upon the plane with her shades on, grooving to her cd tunes...very cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter