A little late but our Dining 12/18-23...

kellyg403

<font color=green>She changes friends like she cha
I had intended to write a quick review on the day that I had a chance to write a resort review of CSR. Unfortunately, my mom went into renal failure and I have been busy back and forth with that. I will try to just highlight our dining for the 5 days we were there. It was a quick trip for us...7 in our family and my sister, dbil, their ds9 and dd13. We had mostly teens in our group..11, 13, 14, 15, 16 plus dh and I. We went to some old favorites and a few new places. As always, we felt that the dining plan is well worth it for our family. And as always, by the 3rd day skipping alot of food so we could enjoy dessert! 3 of the kids and dh seem to have a stomach bug for 2 of our days, but that was something I am almost certain we brough with us from home. 2 days before we left dsd14 was not feeling well but seemed to bounce back on driving day. Must have been the excitement of getting to WDW sick or not because by Day2 she was not feeling well again.

Day 1 12/18 - WCC and MVMCP - My sis and family had not been to the party before so we bought their tickets for xmas presents. Since they waited until Thanksgiving week to decide whether they were going or not, we ended up having to change from CP for 7 and got a last minute res to WCC for 11 on the night of the party. We had not eaten here before but I am sure glad we did. Food was pretty good, didn't think it was awesome butthe whole place just set the mood for our first day. Deputy Doug was just enough in character to get the kids going especially my 9 year old nephew. The atmosphere alone was worth it for us and to see the WL decorated for Christmas I can't even begin to explain how beautiful. We all enjoyed the party, had some cookies and hot chocolate and stayed full for the rest of the evening! It was a fantastic way to start the vacation.

Day 2 - Sci Fi Dine In - This place is a family favorite..for the kids. Dh and I do not really care alot for the food here but enjoy it for the kids sake. This time though, even the kids did not really care for it. Maybe an off day for them but it just really wasn't a great dinner. Osborne lights made up for it but we did end up at Pepper Market later that night for food! But, we will probably go again. As I said..I think this was the first day 2 of the kids weren't feeling their best, and dd14 is the one who enjoys Sci Fi the most.

Day 3 - Maya Grill - Frist time and definitely not the last. Loved the place! DH would have preferred to eat here every night I think. It was really nice to get away from the parks and enjoy the CSR and Maya Grill is just a fabulous way to end the day. Food was hot, portioned right and quick. The cheesecake dessert was the best I had all week and DH, DBIL and I also enjoyed the chicken appetizers.

Day 4 - Decided to cancel our Boatwrights reservation as the kids were really not feeling well. We ended up staying around the resort all day and just relaxing.
Day 5 - We ended up at Maya Grill as we chose to stay at Epcot since we missed it the day before. Again, everything was fabulous. Kelly

Boma...we always love it here for breakfast on our AK day. Again it did not disappoint! The food is always hot, our waitress was very nice. I really did think the servers behind the breakfast bar were a little rude though. A gentleman was trying to ask the lady how to use the toaster, for some reason it wouldn't pop up and kept burning his bagels (He had 2 on his plate burned to a crisp with another burning in the toaster) She told him to stop touching buttons and it wouldn't burn it. Instead of checking the toaster she cont. to argue with the gentleman who finally gave up and left his plate and went to his table. I don't think it was a language barrier...she appeared to be from Orlando and spoke English with no accent.

Electric Umbrella..standard Counter Service burgers and fries but enjoyable as always when you are hungry! Dnephew ate about his weight in chicken nuggets, mac n cheese and fries. WDW really should change the kids menu just a bit!

Yak/Yeti c/s...sis and dbil had something from here while we waited for the kids to get ice cream. They said it was "o.k.".

We did end up with a few TS meals left because of our down day on fri. but we used all our snack and c/s credits at CSR on our going home day. I do believe that CSR has the best selection of snacks on the dining plan in the gift shop. Anything under $4 included several boxes of the character cookies, bags of chips, 1/2 gallon milk, cereal, donuts etc. My dgchildren loved their boxes of character cookies and pretzels. Can't wait until their parents want to bring them! Can't talk them into before 3 but still trying!

All in all, the trip was a success and we enjoyed most places. I think that darn stomach bug just kinda ruined it for a few in the crowd and thus put a damper on it for the rest. Having to decide on a day to day basis whether everyone was feeling o.k. to finally eat a meal made it a bit more stressful to make the reservations. But, hopefully we will make it there again next year!

Kelly

Thanks for taking the time to write your reviews.

Hope your mom is ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter