A little disappointed in planning for Universal

Huge thanks to all you for helping me out with everything. I also had a little sticker shock when booking our Spring Break getaway (we usually stay at Swan on points). But I am REALLY excited to use the express pass. It seems so much easier than fastpass+. And I agree with Cuchman, the hotels are nicer.

I've booked AP rate before, but I cannot figure out how to check the rates on the newly designed Loews site. Where do I find it? Is it group or promotion or...?

I've booked AP rate before, but I cannot figure out how to check the rates on the newly designed Loews site. Where do I find it? Is it group or promotion or...?

It is still the same. Enter APH in the promo code box.

SA mom, Mac just called the resort and they have said that nothing has changed. The electronic ticket pickup is still where it always has been. It is part of the concierge desk beside the express pass kiosks.

oi-loews-royal-pacific-resort-registration-lobby-universal-orlando-190.jpg
yes that is the attraction desk where you can print out your ep's and pickup tickets.
if the machine is down for any reason, the TM's at the attraction desk can print them for you if you have the documentation.
(confirmation number)

note sign states for floridian residents only to go to the front gate for pick up.

My friends were going to do the split stay route 3 nights Universal and 5 nights at WDW. After running the numbers she said they were over their budget a lot. So I suggested staying at one resort for all 8 nights then either renting a car or using Uber to go between. WDW was offering Free Dinning which worked in their favor, so they did 8 night AOA family suite, with PH tickets (6 days) and DDP, They got their tickets for Universal from Undercover Tourist. Used Uber back and forth. On the 2 Universal days, they did breakfast in the food court at AoA and lunch twice and dinner one night at Universal, used snack credits for a night time snack once back at the resort. The credits they did not use the days at Universal they used on a signature meal, at California Grill... So for their family it worked out. You just have to play with the numbers and see what works best for your family. She also like only have to get settle in the room once and did not waste time moving from one place to another.

OP, where did you find a rate of $279/night for RPR out of curiosity? We are going the week before you, also for 3 nights, and it's been $379/night for months which I think is full rack rate. Crossing my fingers it drops a bit.

This thread had conversations about the rates during Jan 2016

Just last week it was bumped up and it was general tips on running numbers to come out ahead

Nkereina, what are the dates you need?

Last week I booked for rpr oct 1 2017
With smsm code, my room rate is $191.xx

This thread had conversations about the rates during Jan 2016

Just last week it was bumped up and it was general tips on running numbers to come out ahead

Nkereina, what are the dates you need?

Last week I booked for rpr oct 1 2017
With smsm code, my room rate is $191.xx

We are going 3/30/17 - 4/2/17. Three nights. It looks like SMSM rates kick in for 4 nights, though it's not that much cheaper than the $384/night we are currently seeing. It looks like Mardi Gras is over by then, and it should be before the big Spring Break weeks. Any hope we might see SMSM or APH rates come out still?

If bookings are not as high as they want them to be, discounts are usually put out there to help fill up rooms

That has been my experience when I have gone early in the year

All I can suggest is to check regularly to see if they are releasing discounts

Sometimes AP rates are not released very far out

Two years ago, I had booked for January stay onsite and AP rates were released with a lower rate 4 weeks out

I had already booked the AP rate but missed out when the AP rate dropped a lot when that happened

Still had a decent rate but nothing like the deal others modified with

You can try getting one annual pass (you can get a power pass as long as the blackout dates don't interfere.) Use code APH in the code box to check on hotel rates. They can be substantially lower at that time. You'd only need one pass.

Also, use other websites such as Undercover Tourist, for tickets. You can often gets rooms cheaper through third party sites like Orbitz and cheaptickets. If you book through Orbitz, don't add the children since they charge extra through Orbitz but not through the normal website. Make sure, though, that you book the correct rooms.

Also, remember that the hotels that include express passes are deluxe hotels and are priced accordingly.

If you don't think you want express, Cabana Bay is a wonderful and cheaper option.

Peak times are really sparse for discounts.

With your family configuration, I'd consider the deluxe 2 queen room at the HRH since it includes a pullout couch and has lots more space.

With not adding kids, will that interfere with the hour early into parks?

My friends were going to do the split stay route 3 nights Universal and 5 nights at WDW. After running the numbers she said they were over their budget a lot. So I suggested staying at one resort for all 8 nights then either renting a car or using Uber to go between. WDW was offering Free Dinning which worked in their favor, so they did 8 night AOA family suite, with PH tickets (6 days) and DDP, They got their tickets for Universal from Undercover Tourist. Used Uber back and forth. On the 2 Universal days, they did breakfast in the food court at AoA and lunch twice and dinner one night at Universal, used snack credits for a night time snack once back at the resort. The credits they did not use the days at Universal they used on a signature meal, at California Grill... So for their family it worked out. You just have to play with the numbers and see what works best for your family. She also like only have to get settle in the room once and did not waste time moving from one place to another.
I am wondering if this is the way we should go but I am very worried about not having EP at Universal for a June vacation.

I am wondering if this is the way we should go but I am very worried about not having EP at Universal for a June vacation.

You can add on the Express pass to your tickets, depending on time of year what depends on the cost of the add-on will be around starting at 60 dollars, but there are lots of options of add ons 1 day 2 parks, 1 day 1 park etc...... I would spend some times "studying" the options. To see which one works best for your family.

You can always buy the ep the day you are in the park

If the park is really crowded and you can't do long line waits, you still have the opportunity to buy the ep

But, the ep could be a tad more in costs when buying that day in the park

Ep prices can increase
If you buy them in advance you are locked in at that rate and do not pay additional fees in case it increased

Avid Disney fan. Usually do an annual trip to WDW and this year want to do a split stay. Beginning 3 nights at Universal (Royal Pacific or Portofino) and 5 nights at WDW Caribbean Beach.

I'm a little disappointed with the universal costs, and transportation options.

It looks like the cost for 2 adults, and children 17, 13 & 10 for 3 nights + 3 park days tix is over 2K at Royal Pacific in April. I also need to purchase transportation.

I'm just surprised - I have not been in so long and this is a bit of sticker shock. The room rate is showing at $279 per night (+ taxes) at Royal Pacific. I realize you get the Express Pass for guests (5 of us).

Any opinions or ideas I may be missing out on?

Thanks in advance!
Don't they have a room that fits 5? Even if they do you don't mention genders,if you have a mix (I do & it's always a weird problem because they won't give you an extra cot) and 2 in a bed is odd just bring an air mattress or 2 and put 1 or 2 kids on that & buy 1 pass separately. it's so strange that they don't understand why you wouldn't put two teen mixed gender siblings in the bed together. The air beds are heavy so I usually ship them from Walmart so they're waiting for me when I get to Florida

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter