A Little Bit Of What You Fancy Does You Good

All of the backdrop photos are good but I think the very first one is absolutely adorable. Cute , cute , cute !!!

The two pendants are beautiful and what a great price!.

The various prop pictures are too cute--I really love the one where you and Graham are smiling at each other.

Well done for doing so well on the quiz!

This ended up being one of our stronger performances.

I like the pork being available in the Windjammer.

There was always at least one pork dish in the Windjammer and quite often there was a pork dish on the menu in the dining room as well.

It is one of my favorite meats.

It is mine, too.

How funny seeing your neighbour!

It was really strange.

I love the bargain pendants.

They are really beautiful.

The hunt to gather various photos sounds interesting....

It was a lot of fun.

The art auction I love the sound of.

I would not surprised if some would feature on our next cruise.

All of the backdrop photos are good but I think the very first one is absolutely adorable. Cute , cute , cute !!!

I think this is my favourite from that evening.

The two pendants are beautiful and what a great price!.

They will be quite useful as they are a bit more understated than what I am normally wearing. Having said that, I was wearing the heart of the ocean for my interview and that is about as bold as they come.

The various prop pictures are too cute

There are more to come.

Corinna

Pretty pendants and a great bargain!

I know what you mean about not recognizing people out of context; I struggle with that as well.

OK having a heck of a time keeping up here! So just a few quick comments.

Nice that your boarding process was relatively smooth. It appears they board later than a DCL cruise? I take it Windjammer is the main buffet on the ship? Did they have other options mid day like DCL has Goofy’s and Pluto's?

I'm glad Izumi worked out for you. I would have probably been very happy with the selections there.

The second day sounded fun and relaxing. I just love sea days like that. Your pictures from the Captain's reception came out lovely. That's a beautiful dress!

What was it about the my time dining that made you uneasy? The fact that it kept changing?

Caught up to Day 3 now. Be back for more!

OK having a heck of a time keeping up here!

I am sorry about that. I want this all wrapped up before we leave for Sydney in April.

Nice that your boarding process was relatively smooth.

That is something that Royal Caribbean does incredibly well. We have now sailed out of three very different ports and embarkation was a charm.

It appears they board later than a DCL cruise?

Actually the boarding is earlier. Check in starts at 11:00, but you can then board straightaway.

I take it Windjammer is the main buffet on the ship?

Yes, it is.

Did they have other options mid day like DCL has Goofy’s and Pluto's?

That is one thing that is a little disappointing on the Voyager class ships. The buffet is open most of the day and well into the evening, but there are not many other options. They have the Cafe Promenade that offers pizza, sandwiches, fruit, cakes, cookies, etc. and there is also Johnny Rocket's, but there is an extra charge for this. The other Royal Caribbean ships we have been on had more choice in that respect. I really missed the Boardwalk Dog House on Navigator.

I'm glad Izumi worked out for you.

I can't wait to eat there again.

What was it about the my time dining that made you uneasy? The fact that it kept changing?

We burned our fingers with Freestyle dining on NCL, where you ended up in long lines every night. Add to this that the Navigator of the Seas is a much bigger ship and I was very worried about what would be expecting us. As it happened, it worked like a charm. I was able to make reservations online before we left and did this for most nights. We also had no issues tweaking them as and when required once we were on board. There were minimal waiting times and the service was first rate. I cannot imagine going back to traditional dining after this.

Corinna

Day 5

We got up at our usual time around 8:30 and got up and dressed. Then we headed to the Windjammer for some breakfast. This time round, we were both ready for breakfast. It was not very busy that day. We both had some apple juice. Graham started with some melon and a bread roll. I had a pancake with whipped cream and strawberry compote. Then we both went for some savoury food. Graham had bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomato, fried bread and scrambled eggs. I had a poached egg, mini cheese and ham omelette, sausage muffin, chicken strips, gravy, hash browns and Provençal tomatoes. When we had finished breakfast, I still had some time to spare. So we headed to Cafe Promenade for some proper coffee. Graham also had an apple Danish. Then I headed off to the Star Lounge for progressive trivia. I arranged to meet Graham for Walk A Mile at 10:30.

When I first entered the Star Lounge, I could not see any members of my team. As it was still quite early, I figured that I must be first and was just about to stake out a spot for us, when I saw somebody waving at the far side. I headed over there. We did have a bit of time to chat before the trivia started. We did not do quite as well with 14 points, but it was still respectable.

After the answers were scored, I rushed off, as I wanted to make Walk A Mile. The meeting time for this was 10:30 and the meeting place was outside the dining room on deck 4. I made it in time and there was quite a good turnout. Graham was not there. I pondered for a few seconds if I should go ahead without him or go to look for him instead. In the end I decided that as I was there, I might as well go ahead. We waited for a bit longer to see if anybody else would join us and then we set off. It was pretty windy and there was a distinct drizzle in the air. I am not sure if it was rain or sea spray. In either case, when we got to the forward doors, the cruise director, who was hosting this, called it off. He advised us to look out for a redo in the Daily Compass. I headed off in search of Graham. I checked all the usual haunts and could not find him anywhere. I figured sooner or later he would return to the cabin and that is where I headed. I was just planning on reading anyway and I could do that as well in the cabin than anywhere else. This strategy paid off. I did not have too long to wait until Graham turned up. He had been up on the helipad.

Once Graham was back, we headed up to the Windjammer for lunch. Graham had an ice tea and burger, cheese, salad and bread. I had a Coke and Beef Stroganoff and mashed potatoes. I was delighted when I walked past the carvery that they had meatloaf that day so I had some of that, too with some steak fries. For dessert, they had key lime pound cake, which fascinated me. It was very disappointing. It was a bright lime green colour, but did not taste anything like lime. The flourless chocolate cake and vanilla and chocolate swirl soft-serve ice cream however were delicious. Graham had some bread pudding, which he really enjoyed.

When we came out of the Windjammer, they had an Inch of Gold stall set up in the elevator lobby. We decided to check this out. Graham can’t wear is wedding ring as he severely damaged his wrist in a motorbike accident nearly 14 years ago and his hand often swells. The ring ends up either too tight or too loose. So he decided to get a chain for it. He found a nice chunky chain. They had a deal that you got a bracelet free if you bought a necklace of at least 21 inches. So I ended up with a nice rose gold bracelet with clear crystals.

With our shopping done, we headed down to the Star Lounge. There was another art seminar. This one was on Picasso. I had never really taken an interest in Picasso although I love some art from this period of time, but the seminar was very interesting. I even found a couple of his works of art that I quite like. The seminars and actions were definitely expanding my horizon.We got another print as a thank you for attending.

After the seminar, we headed to Cafe Promenade for some coffee. It was packed and we ended up sitting on one of the sofas just outside the Star Lounge. This was actually a nice spot for people watching. Once we had finished our coffee, we went exploring a little. We had a look at the library, the Next Cruise area and the art gallery. We also checked out the location of our cabin for the next cruise. The Navigator and the Explorer are sister ships. Some of the venues and some of the decor are different, but other than that they are identical. We liked the location of our cabin. We will be on deck 7 forward in a little side corridor, but near the elevator lobby. This should be nice and quiet, but it is still conveniently located. I was pretty pleased with what we had ended up with. We also went to the spa as Graham wanted to get an appointment for a haircut. They offered a package that included a haircut as well as a neck, scalp and shoulder massage so he went for this. They offered him an appointment later in the afternoon, but he was a little concerned that this was too close to dinner. So he settled for an appointment for first thing the next morning.

I fancied a Coke so we headed to the R Bar, which is near the dining room on deck 5. We found some very comfortable armchairs in the back corner of the bar. This was where we first came across the “Pickles”. When we got there, we saw three slightly more mature ladies propping up the bar. I think they were probably all solo travellers and without a shadow of doubt, they all had an unlimited drinks package. It looked like they had bonded over a drink or two or twenty. When we got there, they had the kind of profound and philosophical kind of discussion, which is usually fuelled by alcohol. They were not shy about it either. It was actually quite entertaining. At some stage, they decided to “migrate” to another bar. I looked at my watch and it was later than I had thought. We headed back to our cabin to get changed for dinner.

Once we were changed, we made the rounds of the photo opportunities. We were spoiled yet again. They had a photographer by the hanging sculpture. On top of that, they a blue backdrop, a black and white backdrop, a backdrop with a poppy field, a backdrop with clouds and a backdrop with the ship and fish.

Once we had made the rounds, we headed for dinner. We ended up sitting at the same table, which was nice. Dinner was very nice, too. We had a glass of White Zinfandel each. We both had a coupon on our SeaPass cards for a buy one get one free wine, beer or soft drink so we used one of them. I also had a Coke, which Nataliia had brought as soon as we had sat down. For our starters, we both had crispy cheddar sticks with lingonberry relish, which was nice. I also had the chilled cherry bisque, which was refreshing and delicious. Graham had roasted chicken with sage and onion stuffing, peas and carrots and roast potatoes for his main course. I had mustard crusted roast beef, potato gratin, asparagus and pan juice. For his dessert, Graham had the English trifle. I had my misgivings about this, but he said that it was pretty nice. I played it safe and had pistachio ice cream, which was delicious.

After dinner, we went down to the photo gallery to look at our photos. Then we headed back to the cabin. We found another towel animal and I also had a voucher for $50 off a spa treatment for my birthday. I thought that was a really nice touch. I did not use it even though Graham was encouraging me to have a spa treatment for my birthday. My heart was simply not in it after the less than magical spa tour.

I had decided to go to the show that night. They had a guest star from London’s West End. I do love musicals and figured I would enjoy this. When we had gone back to the cabin after having had a look at tour photos, we bumped into people who had just come out of the earlier show and they were positively buzzing with excitement. So I decided to give this a go. I still had some time before the show was due to start and spent this reading.

Half an hour before the show was due to start, I headed to the theatre. There had been a notation in the Daily Compass that it would be easier to get seats at the earlier show. So I thought I get there nice and early. I managed to get a seat in the front row. There were plenty of seats available even after the show had started. This surprised me a little as it was a really good show. The artist was Nik Page who had stared in the West End version of Les Miserables as Jean Valjean for a number of years. He was very good. He started with a song from Jersey Boys, which I was not familiar with. He then sang Feeling Good before introducing himself. Then it was on to more familiar territory with The Circle of Life from the Lion King and Time To Say Goodbye. After this, he did a blues number which was not really to my taste and then had a little bit of a drum battle with the drummer from the resident band. After this came the highlights of the performance for me. He did three songs from Les Miserables (I Dreamed A Dream; Stars and Bring Him Home). Les Miserables has been my favourite musical ever since I first watched it in 1993 so I was very happy about this. He then closed the show with Nessun Dorma. I was glad that I made the effort to go to the show. I was absolutely blown away by the variety and his vocal range.

After the show, he was mingling with his audience. I quickly went down to the cabin to pick up my mobile to get a photo. His assistant took a photo of us and then I headed back to the cabin. Graham was already asleep so I quickly got ready for bed and then I tried to get some sleep, too. This proved to be easier said than done. There was still a lot of banging going on and if anything, this was louder than ever that night.

That green cake looked nasty!:crazy2:

The pic of the two of you looking at each other is very sweet!

So glad you were able to get a good seat at the show; it sounds like it was very worthwhile.

The photo scavenger hunt sounds interesteing. :scratchin

When you sat in the lounge were you in open sea or sailing past any land?

Dinner sounded pretty good. You were in the main dining room on this night right?

Sorry the walk a mile didn't work out for you. The green key lime stuff looked kinda nasty. Nice that you got so much art education on the ship. That sounds like fun to me. I like that a lot more than some of the low brow entertainment I have heard about on other cruise lines.

Funny about the "pickles". I wonder how much of their cruise that they remember!

Fran has that same DVC shirt that Graham is wearing in the pictures! Dinner looked pretty good, this was another night in the MDR? The show sounded pretty good, I knew most all the songs you mentioned and I probably would have known the Jersey Boys song as those are really American songs from when I was a young girl, or at least they still played them on the radio when I was a young girl. Never seen the show. Know Les Mis as I've played the music many times in band.

Like hearing about the variety of activities on the ship---the art seminars sound like something I would do.

How can a day be bad when it starts with pancakes?

Nice to go to the quiz again. But shame the walk was called off. Glad you found Graham cool re ship having that helipad. I recall now from your opening photo.

Oh my meatloaf st lunch. What a treat! Soft serve and meatloaf. I am impressed.

How nice Graham got a nice manly chunky chain for his wedding ring. I did the exact same ring put my wedding ring on my neckchain in hospital.

Glad Graham got a haircut booked. Shame the birthday voucher you don't use can't be used for this.

Dinner selections are fabulous tonight as are the photo backgrounds and your lovely outfits. I do like the orange background best.

I love English Trifle.

Les Mis is one of my favorite music also along with Wicked. I adored the film I didn't think I would. The show sounded Excellant and great to get a photo with the singer!

Lovely update.

The music show sounds fantastic. I love things like that.

Days 4 and 5 sounded very busy but also relaxing at the same time.

As long as it was a neighbor you liked how fun to catch up. Quite understandable to not be able to place him at first though.

The music show sounds fab. I love all things musical :)

Nice update!

Looks like you were in some rough seas there from that picture, sorry your walk a mile didn't work out.

When we were on the Explorer, we had one of the Promenade rooms that has a window that looks out onto the Promenade, it was neat to look down at the action some days.

Glad you were able to get to see the show. Sounds like one I would have liked, I love that kind of show, cool that you got a pic with the star.

Hi There,

Just letting you know I'm still reading along and really enjoying your trip and all of your fabulous photos! Just lovely! The food looks absolutely delish!

Keep it coming! :)

That green cake looked nasty!:crazy2:

For some reason it looked quite appealing to me, but it really was nothing to write home about.

The pic of the two of you looking at each other is very sweet!

Thanks.

So glad you were able to get a good seat at the show; it sounds like it was very worthwhile.

It really was amazing.

I love your trip reports!

Thanks.

Your detail is great,

I use them as an excuse to relive my adventures.

and the two of you always look so happy!

Thanks, we are. Graham really is my soulmate and we will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary next month.

The photo scavenger hunt sounds interesteing. :scratchin

It was and a lot of fun.

When you sat in the lounge were you in open sea or sailing past any land?

We were in the middle of the Atlantic at that stage.

You were in the main dining room on this night right?

Yes, we were.

Nice that you got so much art education on the ship. That sounds like fun to me. I like that a lot more than some of the low brow entertainment I have heard about on other cruise lines.

We really ended up enjoying this. They had a pretty wide variety of activities on board.

Funny about the "pickles". I wonder how much of their cruise that they remember!

I bet not a great deal.

Fran has that same DVC shirt that Graham is wearing in the pictures!

I have seen this before on one of your trip reports.

Dinner looked pretty good, this was another night in the MDR?

Yes, it is.

The show sounded pretty good, I knew most all the songs you mentioned and I probably would have known the Jersey Boys song as those are really American songs from when I was a young girl, or at least they still played them on the radio when I was a young girl.

That is interesting about Jersey Boys. I loved the show.

Know Les Mis as I've played the music many times in band.

How lucky. I absolutely love that show and have done so since I first saw it on our high school trip to London in 1993.

the art seminars sound like something I would do.

We really enjoyed them. Through those and the auctions, I got to appreciate a wide selection of art that I normally would never have considered.

How can a day be bad when it starts with pancakes?

Indeed.

Glad you found Graham cool re ship having that helipad. I recall now from your opening photo.

The helipad is an amazing feature. Unfortunately it is not accessible though.

Oh my meatloaf st lunch. What a treat!

I was pretty happy with this.

How nice Graham got a nice manly chunky chain for his wedding ring. I did the exact same ring put my wedding ring on my neckchain in hospital.

He is now wearing the ring on his necklace.

Shame the birthday voucher you don't use can't be used for this.

That would have been nice.

I love English Trifle.

I do, too, but that is not something the ships are usually any good at.

Les Mis is one of my favorite music also along with Wicked.

I have never seen Wicked, but this may have to go on my list.

I adored the film I didn't think I would.

I enjoyed this, too and own it on DVD.

The music show sounds fantastic. I love things like that.

It really was amazing. I don't normally do the shows on ships, but this was well worth it.

Days 4 and 5 sounded very busy but also relaxing at the same time.

They were a perfect mix of activities and just chilling.

As long as it was a neighbor you liked how fun to catch up.

I do like him so it was nice catching up.

The music show sounds fab. I love all things musical :)

I do, too.

Looks like you were in some rough seas there from that picture, sorry your walk a mile didn't work out.

It was interesting for the early part of the cruise, but fortunately the conditions were about to come a lot more favourable.

When we were on the Explorer, we had one of the Promenade rooms that has a window that looks out onto the Promenade, it was neat to look down at the action some days.

We could not make up our minds if we would love or hate one of those rooms. I think I would enjoy the people watching aspect, but I would be concerned about noise.

Glad you were able to get to see the show. Sounds like one I would have liked, I love that kind of show, cool that you got a pic with the star.

It was really good.

Just letting you know I'm still reading along and really enjoying your trip and all of your fabulous photos! Just lovely!

I am glad that you are enjoying it. The pace of this trip will soon kick up a notch.

The food looks absolutely delish!

It was. That is something that Royal Caribbean does very well.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter