• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"a little bit of Disney"

erica_mutterer

Mouseketeer
Dates: 4/11/01 - 4/15/01
Cast: me: age 30
Hubby: age 33

Hotel: Wellsley Inn (universal)

Purpose: Anniversary Getaway

Weather: high: 90's low: 70's SUNNY!!!

Me and Hubby have 2 children, our daugher age 4 and son age 2. We actually took this trip without them. They were at home with my 2 aunts and my grandmother from ny and had a wonderful time while we were gone. We missed them but it was nice to get away just the 2 of us.....

On Wednesday, 4/11 we drove from NC to Orlando. Made it in 9 hours, stopping for dinner in Jacksonville for an hour. We arrived at the Wellsley Inn by Universal around 11:00pm and checked in and headed to bed. This trip was mainly a Universal Trip since we had not been there since 1996 but we could not go all the way to orlando without doing "a little bit of Disney"...

Thursday Morning we slept in, 8:30am, yes this is sleeping in considering our mornings usually begin @ 5:00 during the week and 6:30 on the weekends. We dressed and sat outside by the pool to have our complimentary breakfast (bagles, juice, muffins, etc.) We decided to spend the day walking around downtown disney and visiting some of the disney hotels.

We drove to Downtown Disney around 10:00, about a 20 min drive. It was nice to look in the shops at Downtown Disney without rushing or having to push a stroller around. We bought a few things for the kids and family back home and I got myself a disney wine glass which i had been wanting. We took the boat to Port Orleans "French Quarter" and strolled around hear and took a few pictures before taking the boat over to the "Riverside" We thought the grounds here were beautiful. We shared a taco salid, which was very good and plenty to share, in the food court while gazing out the window at the people going by. We walked around some and then took the boat back to Downtown Disney. I had forgotten how enjoyable this boat ride is. We have never stayed at these 2 resorts and although they are pretty, we feel they are too isolated and not as convienient to stay at. We like the Allstar Movies better or one of the Epcot or monerale resorts (when we can afford to splurdge). After some more time at downtown Disney we headed over to the Poly for a visit. It is So nice here and the pool has been nicely redone. Next stop via monerale is the Contempory, my favorite, because of childhood memories here. After some time strolling around here we decided we just had to get a glimps of Epcot so we rode the monerale to the ticket and transportation center and changed monerales to continue our journey. What a wonderful sight it was to see Space Ship Earth again!!! Can't wait for our November trip with the kids!!!!!!!!

It was then time to go back to our hotel and freshen up for our special anniversary dinner at Victoria and Alberts.... followed by a stroll around the grounds of the Grand Floridian and the Electrical Water pagent.

This "little bit of Disney" was a perfect, relaxing, enjoyable day!!!

I'll post our Victoria and Alberts portion in detail on the Restaurant Board and our Universal Experience on the Universal Board. (prob not till tomorrow though)

How about posting a link over here so that we can finish reading your report? I'd love to read all about Victoria and Alberts. Hope you guys had a wonderful anniversary. :)

hipgrl1.gif
iluvchat.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies

pushing a stroller or holding hands....when hubby and I went....I heard a child say gramma....and I said YES!!....Oh well......Hope you do a copy of the restaurant report here on V&A....please.....thanks again for your nice report

Pumbaclip.jpg

was going to post vic and alberts today but forgot my stuff. will try and do it tomorrow. how do you post the links to get from one place to another????

Sounds like a relaxing day. Some day I will be able to do any of Disney by myself without the daughter in tow. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter