A last minute PTR for our May trip

dizzyjen

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm Jen and my husband and I are going to WDW this month to celebrate our 25th anniversary!! This will be my 4th trip to Disney and my husband's 2nd. I've been twice fairly recently (2010, 2013) when my mom and I took each of my girls for their 18th birthdays, but DH hasn't been since he was in his teens. I'm so excited for him to see how much it's changed! When he went there was only MK! :eek: He has no idea what he's in for :D

This was kind of a spur of the moment trip for us, we decided to go in February. I was so excited to be going :cloud9:, but I had to hustle on planning! The timeline kind of put a dent in ADRs since the window was already open when we booked, but I think I did pretty well!

Anyway....here is the itinerary:

We are staying at Pop Century; 6 nights with travel days being no park days since we are arriving late and leaving early. We do have DDP but no park hopper. Here is out run down of parks/restaurants!

Day 1
Arriving at MCO at 6pm. No Park ticket and plan to eat at DS and do a little shopping.

Day 2
Epcot day!! Lunch will be quick service, I'm thinking Katsura Grill or Tangerine Cafe? Dinner at Biergarten.

Day 3
Hollywood Studios!! Right now lunch is QS, but I am trying for Sci Fi and will cancel one of my other TS if I can get it as none of the QS options there thrill me :rolleyes:. Dinner will be at Raglan Road.

Day 4
Animal Kingdom today!! Lunch at Yak and Yeti and dinner at Boma. So excited for both of these!!

Day 5
We are taking a slow day today and hitting Epcot late afternoon with a dinner res at Via Napoli. That is the one I would probably cancel if I can get into Sci Fi. Lunch is at Sanaa! Another one I'm excited about!

Day 6
Magic Kingdom (finally)!! We have lunch at BoG! At 10:35, but I was still thrilled to get it! Can't wait to show DH!! Dinner will be QS.

Day 7
ME bus leaves at 8am :guilty: so QS breakfast at Pop and back to reality!

I'll be back with my other plans and hopefully pictures (once I figure it out lol).

Next I want to go over some of the things I made and bought to wear on my trip!

I love to craft and we are on a budget this trip so I knew I was going to make myself some ears!

The first pair were flower covered for the F&G!
13001255_10153885645786622_7783220433094224990_n_zpsbtwwbh53.jpg

Sorry for my giant pictures and crazy face :oops:

Next I made a pair to wear to AK!
12990896_10153886784751622_4886478019935877300_n_zpsyy3tqbcx.jpg

And finally a Little Mermaid pair for MK!
20160421_203423_resized_zpsggdpnghq.jpg

I also bought some decals and put them on our water bottles.
13062119_10153901702656622_2440564254130433786_n_zpsv2pkqshk.jpg

I bought myself a few things too, including this dress!
torrid-disney-toy-story-comic-skater-dress.jpg

(Spoiler alert...that's not me :rolleyes1)

Also a Disney backpack (that is not my picture, but it's the same backpack), an Elsa lanyard/bag and some pins for trading.
m9yuBfYn_bXf2B6q1Pr01hg.jpg

Next up: Fast pass selections!!
:jumping1:

So, fast passes! We'll just do days 2-6 since travel days are non-park days.Before I start, you are probably going to notice that we aren't doing a lot of thrill rides or long days in the park. There is a good reason for this, well several actually! First of all, I suffer from some health problems that make scary rides and long days difficult and secondly, this is a celebration of our 25th so we want to spend time together just relaxing not rushing around all the time :love2:

Day 2 we will be at Epcot. :flower1: This is one of my favorite parks and we plan on staying all day. We have fast passes for SE, LWtL and TS...all are in the morning. The plan is to grab a QS lunch and then spend the afternoon in the WS. I love the WS and could spend days there! Our dinner reservation is at 6:15 and after dinner, we will probably go back to our hotel.

Day 3 is planned for HS. This will likely be a half day park for us. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but it's our least favorite park :rolleyes1Again, I have all the fastpasses for the morning (TSMM, Muppets and IJSS) and we hope to see TGMR as well. After a QS lunch, we will do some shopping, we may see BatB or just go back for a rest afternoon. If we can't fit in TGMR before lunch, I will try and get a FP for the afternoon. We have dinner reservations at RR at DS.

Day 4 will be spent at AK. I have fastpasses spread throughout the day for KS, KRR and Dinosaur. We have lunch reservations at Yak and Yeti and dinner at Boma so it makes sense for us to stay all day. I figure between the shops and the shows we can stay cool and rested. Besides our FPs I'd like to see Finding Nemo and possibly FoW.

On day 5 it's a sleeping in day and then back to Epcot. We have lunch at Sanaa and then late afternoon FPs for TT, DPSF and Character spot, then it's on to Via Napoli or dinner at 7:30, a little more shopping and hopefully Illuminations.

Day 6, our last day :sad:, will be spent at MK. I picked this day for two reasons; it's a yellow day and I was able to get a reservation at BoG!! :dancer:I have FPs for HM, JotLM, and 7DMT at 9:30, 11:30 and 12:40 and are hoping to get PoTC in first. We have at 10:30 reservation at BoG for lunch and plan on QS for dinner. I would also like to meet Gaston, ride JC and BLSS if possible. We also want to visit TSGG this evening and see Wishes :tink:. The plan is to stay until early afternoon and then come back in the evening and hopefully fit in more rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter