"A for effort, C for execution." A September 2014 TR **07/04 THE END!*

I can't WAIT to go to the Halloween party this year, your pics are making me so excited!! Though I agree that the villains dance club does not seem like my thing. I would have a really hard time being aggressive enough to see any characters.

OBSESSED with sign guys. Omg.

No I didn't! I had a connection from Ottawa so I pretty much arrived in the waiting area minutes before boarding - I sat along the window seats. I was travelling alone (my wife is American so flew to MCO from New Jersey) so I'm not surprised you didn't pick me out for "whose going to Disney game" (which I also play btw). If you saw a tall blonde girl get super excited to see her short, brown haired wife at baggage claim at MCO - that was me!

Are you guys going back in September this year? We are planning on going down Sept 12-23, would be funny if we were on the same flight again!

Ahh okay that explains it. I liked the cat people. American/Canadian lesbian couples ftw! Closer to boarding we just get excited, like sure it's a plane ride, but it's a plane ride to DISNEY. We didn't go to baggage claim, but I'm sure the two of you were adorable.

We are not going back September this year. We're going back November because the weather in September with all the rain really drained us. Plus, we're planning on seeing some Christmas decorations this time around :) But I hope you and your wife have a super magical trip!

I can't WAIT to go to the Halloween party this year, your pics are making me so excited!! Though I agree that the villains dance club does not seem like my thing. I would have a really hard time being aggressive enough to see any characters.

OBSESSED with sign guys. Omg.

You are going to have such an awesome time at the Halloween party! Remember, seating at the Tomorrowland Terrace is where it's at. Sitting for fireworks is always the way to go.

And yeah, you've got to be pushy to get attention. That's okay though, it wasn't a huge deal. We'd met Jack and Sally and the Dwarves so that's all we really cared about.

Sign guys were A+ costuming. Seriously. I wish I was that creative.

I completely understand the logic with waiting 45 mins for TSM and not 20 mins for POTC. My friend and I did the same thing for Splash.

Wandering Oakins looks fun...I wish it was there when we were there.

I completely understand the logic with waiting 45 mins for TSM and not 20 mins for POTC. My friend and I did the same thing for Splash.

Wandering Oakins looks fun...I wish it was there when we were there.

I'm glad we're not alone. I think it's a case by case basis, you know? What do you feel like doing?

It was an interesting experience and definitely well themed but for us winter havers it just didn't give as much. Maybe they'll bring something like it back for this year's Frozen Summer Fun?

Gotta shameless promote here as well!

Follow our new PTR (if you wish) right along this way!

Family Vacation: We Must Be Crazy! - A November PTR

Day 6, Part 2: "Sure, I can get you some more chicken!"

After parting with Rob and wishing him a good end of his trip, we headed on to do something we had never done before.

001_zpsnkwk9rpz.jpg

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!

We got there maybe ten or fifteen minutes before the show was set to start, and thankfully there was still some sitting room. We headed off toward the far left and settled down to get yet a new Disney experience.

002_zpsuembgz5c.jpg

Our main motivator for getting it done was the fact that, at the time, there were rumors this show would be ending in January. As of today, it is still running, but I have a feeling once they make the big announcement they've been teasing about during Star Wars Weekend (Star Wars land anyone?), it'll get a more official closing date.

And it's not that we had never wanted to see it before, or hadn't had an interest, but it'd never fit in our plans that well. This time around, we made sure it did, not wanting to miss out on it!

003_zps4bx7ae5f.jpg

004_zpsv0aloivw.jpg

005_zps1gajujog.jpg

I've never actually seen the full of the Indiana Jones movies, but my Dad is a big fan of them. It's unfortunately unlikely that this show will still be around by the time we manage to get him to the World, but oh well - he's a big Star Wars fan too!

006_zps6g4wjjvs.jpg

007_zpstlymk0bi.jpg

It was really a great show, and I'm glad we made time to see it! The volunteers were all pretty enthusiastic and game, which was great, and the main actors did a great job as well. I'm especially glad we got to see the whole of it, as we'd already discovered by then just how temperamental September weather is.

Once the show was over, we had some time to kill still before our lunch plans, so we made our way toward a Hollywood Studios favorite of ours.

008_zpsq7elucmd.jpg

No, not Muppets Vision 3D. We enjoy it, but it's not quite a favorite - although we're both in agreement we need to give it yet another try next time around.

009_zpsfgx2uijy.jpg

Getting closer...

010_zps11dsvhee.jpg

There we are! Off to wait to meet our best buddies (although, it's September, shouldn't they be back in school? Sheesh boys).

We had a fairly reasonable wait, and before too long we were meeting the guys!

011_zpsemm92q0n.jpeg

We do love us some Phineas and Ferb. The newest special episode, taking a leap into the kids' future, was so awesome. Totally knew Ferb and Vanessa would happen.

012_zpsxv44oxkg.jpeg

With the meet done, we made our way to the nearby store to browse a little to kill some more time.

Signage appreciation time.

013_zpshzyi4wq8.jpg

But... but... how can you run a shop without visitors?!

014_zps0pxesuxn.jpg

Those silly Muppets.

015_zpsdpv3lef0.jpg

How adorable is this though?! Every time I see a Duffy outfit, I am reminded of how much I want a Duffy bear. We already have so many bears sharing our bed though (Amber needs three to sleep... Baymax generally ends up on the floor by morning time, though). He'd be more decorative than anything else, probably, but I don't see that as a problem either!

Finally, it was getting right about time that we needed to head over for lunch, so we left the shop without buying anything and headed back toward the front of the park, and around Echo Lake.

016_zpsh3qviqj8.jpg

Ready to give 50s Prime Time Cafe another try!

017_zpsy8znuqzn.jpg

I love the decoration so much. I want to take everyone I know to this restaurant. It's fabulous.

018_zps4zeq26yf.jpg

The only time we had previously eaten at 50s Prime Time was during our October 2013 trip, and that morning hadn't been a stellar one for Amber, so she still wasn't feeling great during lunch time. The entertainment factor was also very low key, because I think our waitress realized Amber wasn't feeling too good, so she was very nice but just like any other waitress at any given restaurant. The most we'd gotten was a request to set the table.

This time, we were both in great shape so we were hopeful to get a slightly more interesting experience!

019_zps3d6jepfa.jpg

We got served. Our waiter promptly started things off right by coming up as Amber was taking this picture of me, and decided a solo picture simply wouldn't do. He asked that she take another one and jumped right in.

020_zpsratm0ojm.jpg

As you can see, he was a bit of a prankster.

021_zpslvwuwv28.jpg

He then grabbed the camera himself so he could get one of the two of us, which the family at the next table took as a pretty fantastic photo bombing opportunity.

022_zpsxrruweni.jpg

Our waiter's name was Gary, and he was great the whole meal through - not just with us, but with the family at the next table as well. The way he interacted with them was actually some of the first moments that made us crack up - like when he commented on one of the daughters' meal pick (the catch of the day), making fun of the healthier selection, and when he brought a full pitcher of pop with a bunch of straws for the Dad after he quickly emptied his first drink.

We put in our food and drinks orders (pomegranate lemonade, I miss you so) and our meals were brought out before too long!

024_zpsavbcwttc.jpg

I had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes and substituted the collard greens for corn. It was delicious, the chicken was juicy and tasty, and overall I would definitely have it again.

Which, I almost did, as about halfway through the meal, Gary came by to check on us and I asked for a refill (for my drink). To which he was like, sure, I'll get you more chicken!

Honestly, great waiter.

Unfortunately, Amber's meal was not quite as satisfying as mine.

023_zpsmqwgofwk.jpg

She had the chicken pot pie. Normally, she loves that dish. However, she does not like mushrooms at all. We knew there were some in, so it's not like she was sidetracked by them. We'd seen they were pretty big chunks though, so we figured it'd be easy for her to just pick around them, so she decided that would be her selection. What we didn't count on was the fact that the sauce itself would take on a pretty strong mushroom flavor, and as such she hardly touched her dish.

I shared some of my chicken with her, so she obviously didn't starve.

When Gary came back to get our plates, he was very concerned about how little she had touched hers. He asked if she hadn't liked it, and she explained why, so he offered to bring her something else instead. She thanked him but declined, since she'd had some of my chicken and anything else would just be too much.

He took our dessert order, which he deemed a great pick, and brought it back out before too long.

025_zpso2uhrtjt.jpg

S'mores!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this. It isn't gonna become our favorite Disney dessert ever, but the marshmallow consistency was spot on, and although it's missing proper chocolate to make it a real s'mores experience, it was still pretty tasty.

With our meal done, Gary brought us the bill. He knelt by the table as he handed it over, and told us he had gone ahead and removed the pot pie from it seeing as Amber hadn't really eaten it. We were so very thankful for that and thanked him a lot - we hadn't expected it, because as far as we're concerned, everything is detailed pretty well when it comes to Disney menu options, and it was a gamble to order a dish that contains an element you don't like. When it's on the side, it's a different story, but we knew this would be mixed in.

We left a bit more than the tip we would have given if we had tipped on a bill that included both dishes, because he was a fantastic waiter and we definitely didn't want to short him.

We also made a point to head to the front of the park after leaving the restaurant, making our way to Guest Relations to leave a good comment for him because he really was a great waiter overall, and he definitely redeemed the 50s Prime Time experience for us (even without taking in consideration his thoughtfulness when time came to pay).

Click for next post

See, this is why I need to take notes. Here I said you were going to the Sing A Long. Well, it was a show at least. I still can't believe this was yor first time for Indy. Good call on getting it in though just in case.

Excellent that you got to see the whole show too. Yes, it was shortened when I saw it that trip, and I imagine it wasn't the only time.

Aww yay. I know Phineas and Ferb are favs.

Eeeee, I love your waiter already.

Nah, since you're all cousins, the group next to you was just gettin in on the family picture.

Pomegranate Lemonade. I discovered that this past trip and yeah... I love it.

Wow, that is so awesome of Gary to remove the pot pie from the bill. Just awesome. As is the fact that you went to Guest Relations to commend him as well. :love:

Hi Marie and Amber! :wave:Ok, I've been following along now on this TR, well, mostly lurking,lol! Anyway, wonderful updates! How fun to meet up with Rob!

I've only seen the Indiana Jones Stunt show once back in December 1996 during my Disneymoon with my hubby. It was OK. I can take it or leave it. DH loved it, lol!

Ahhh, Phineas and Ferb. My DH and DD love them! :)

Sorry to hear Amber's meal at 50's Prime Time wasn't that great. But your server Gary, wow, talk about going above and beyond! :thumbsup2 I've only eaten once so far at 50's PT. The food was good and we had a pleasant experience there. My DH & DD want to go back again.

My friend and I were going to go to Indiana Jones, but it never really worked out for our day at DHS.

Gary looks like he would be a fun waiter.

I am the same way about Mushrooms. I can handle them in large chunks that I can pick out, but I don't like them at ALL!!

Ahh okay that explains it. I liked the cat people. American/Canadian lesbian couples ftw! Closer to boarding we just get excited, like sure it's a plane ride, but it's a plane ride to DISNEY. We didn't go to baggage claim, but I'm sure the two of you were adorable.

We are not going back September this year. We're going back November because the weather in September with all the rain really drained us. Plus, we're planning on seeing some Christmas decorations this time around :) But I hope you and your wife have a super magical trip!

Yes American/Canadian Lesbians FTW! haha too cute. I've just started reading through some of your older TR's and they are awesome! I have to say - I've been kinda down lately, as you know how hard it is being in a different country as your spouse. DW and I have been apart now for 2 years and our lawyer has estimated that I will be getting my US permanent residency this fall. As tough as it is, I can't imagine doing it when someone is battling a serious illness. You guys are rockstars and must be one of the strongest couples out there!

We like travelling in September because DW works for a Jewish organization so she gets a couple days off around Jewish holidays - meaning we get to do 11 days!!! The rain is not fun but we will make due. Christmas at Disney is so magical!!! You guys are going to have a great trip. I'm thinking about doing my first TR - after reading so many fun ones here on dis.

Sounds like you had a great experience at Prime Time. I haven't been for a couple years now, it may have to appear back on the list for our September trip. It's amazing the difference a good CM can make in an experience. (also I love the pomegranate lemonade - at self serve places, I like to mix it with Sprite!)

See, this is why I need to take notes. Here I said you were going to the Sing A Long. Well, it was a show at least. I still can't believe this was yor first time for Indy. Good call on getting it in though just in case.

Excellent that you got to see the whole show too. Yes, it was shortened when I saw it that trip, and I imagine it wasn't the only time.

Aww yay. I know Phineas and Ferb are favs.

Eeeee, I love your waiter already.

Nah, since you're all cousins, the group next to you was just gettin in on the family picture.

Pomegranate Lemonade. I discovered that this past trip and yeah... I love it.

Wow, that is so awesome of Gary to remove the pot pie from the bill. Just awesome. As is the fact that you went to Guest Relations to commend him as well. :love:

No worries Rob. I'm really bad at taking notes too. When we went in November, I said I would, and then I wrote zero. Amber's pretty good at it though - she slacked a little in September though, but it's okay. Everyone deserves a break :P

It was pretty great, experiencing Indiana Jones! I'd definitely see it again if we get a chance. I guess it'll depend on how soon they'll want to get started on DHS construction, and what they'll want to prioritize. If they're extending in Pixar Place/past Backlot Tour area first, Indy may stay longer. If they want to put their main focus on SW Land (I mean, let's be real, we know that's happening) then maybe he'll go sooner. Though, considering the fact that they're slated to have added the new TSMM track by late 2016, maybe they'll go in that direction first. I guess it's a gamble at this point.

Phineas and Ferb are always awesome to meet!

He was an awesome waiter! And that's a very good point Rob. Family pictures rule.

It's one of my true Disney loves. My love for it rivals Amber's appreciation for her Mama Melrose steak. I miss it so when I'm away. I dread the day they'll decide to switch lemonade flavors. It better not be during my lifetime (nothing unreasonable there at all).

It really was, we were very surprised and so thankful. We were fully prepared to pay for it. And we definitely always try to leave good comments whenever we come across those many great CMs. Amber still sometimes thinks about how we never left a good comment for Jason in May during SWW.

Hi Marie and Amber! :wave:Ok, I've been following along now on this TR, well, mostly lurking,lol! Anyway, wonderful updates! How fun to meet up with Rob!

I've only seen the Indiana Jones Stunt show once back in December 1996 during my Disneymoon with my hubby. It was OK. I can take it or leave it. DH loved it, lol!

Ahhh, Phineas and Ferb. My DH and DD love them! :)

Sorry to hear Amber's meal at 50's Prime Time wasn't that great. But your server Gary, wow, talk about going above and beyond! :thumbsup2 I've only eaten once so far at 50's PT. The food was good and we had a pleasant experience there. My DH & DD want to go back again.

:welcome: and thanks so much for joining in and commenting! It really was great to meet with Rob too, it was the best first DisMeet we could have hoped for, and now it's definitely made us both excited to experience more!

Indy is really the kind of show you have to want to see to appreciate it. I think if we'd never seen it, we wouldn't necessarily have been heartbroken over it - it was great in essentials, but seeing as neither of us is huge Indiana Jones fan, it wasn't our most memorable Disney moment. We do love trying to do as many things as we can, and we love getting to do new things when we go back. That's the best part about Disney - there's always something new to do!

It's such a great show! It's really neat because it's just the kind of show where you can tell they're making a conscious effort to make it enjoyable for both parents and kids. Not even in the sense where it won't make the parent want to run and scream when it's put on, but on a deeper appreciation level. Some jokes are clearly aimed at adults, without being inappropriate, and I think it's great that they manage to do that.

He definitely did! And it was really our own fault, which is why it was that much more awesome just how kind he was! I would definitely go again, I enjoyed that chicken for sure and getting a great waiter makes it that much more fun. Amber's willing to give it another try too, she'd just pick a different dish ;)

My friend and I were going to go to Indiana Jones, but it never really worked out for our day at DHS.

Gary looks like he would be a fun waiter.

I am the same way about Mushrooms. I can handle them in large chunks that I can pick out, but I don't like them at ALL!!

I sometimes feel like the main issue with DHS is that is has too little and too much at the same time. It has very few rides, but many shows, and trying to plan around it all is extremely difficult because timing just doesn't always work.

He really was fun! Such a great guy. If we had him again, we would be very pleased!

Neither of us are mushroom fans, but yeah, it's not that big a deal when you can just get rid of them without the taste contaminating the rest of your food. Like at Teppan Edo, we've forgotten to mention we don't want mushrooms, but we were able to just pick them out and toss them over to our friend who loves them!

Yes American/Canadian Lesbians FTW! haha too cute. I've just started reading through some of your older TR's and they are awesome! I have to say - I've been kinda down lately, as you know how hard it is being in a different country as your spouse. DW and I have been apart now for 2 years and our lawyer has estimated that I will be getting my US permanent residency this fall. As tough as it is, I can't imagine doing it when someone is battling a serious illness. You guys are rockstars and must be one of the strongest couples out there!

We like travelling in September because DW works for a Jewish organization so she gets a couple days off around Jewish holidays - meaning we get to do 11 days!!! The rain is not fun but we will make due. Christmas at Disney is so magical!!! You guys are going to have a great trip. I'm thinking about doing my first TR - after reading so many fun ones here on dis.

Sounds like you had a great experience at Prime Time. I haven't been for a couple years now, it may have to appear back on the list for our September trip. It's amazing the difference a good CM can make in an experience. (also I love the pomegranate lemonade - at self serve places, I like to mix it with Sprite!)

Thank you so much, that's really kind. We try our best, but being sick definitely made our bond a different one and I think ultimately a stronger one. I was really lucky to have Marie. I do know how hard it is to be apart, it's a completely sucky situation and I wish no one had to go through it :( But fall is really close. It's interesting that the US process seems to be taking longer than my Canadian one did, but then maybe that's to do with the marriage situation there? (Read: Eww.) Either way, I hope it gets settled before fall so that you can live together sooner.

Ooh, yeah, for that long I'd go back whenever I could too. Makes more sense. This year actually, at Marie's job September is blacked out for time off, so we couldn't have gone back even if we wanted to.

You should definitely do a TR! I love reading other people's adventures! Since it's still a while away, you'll have to let me know if/when you do and send me a link :)

Our Prime Time experience definitely redeemed the restaurant. It's a lot of fun and Gary was so great because he was kind and funny but not to the point of being annoying, you know? Sprite is my favorite drink! I'm not big on the pomegranate lemonade though, but maybe Marie will steal that idea ;)

Thank you so much, that's really kind. We try our best, but being sick definitely made our bond a different one and I think ultimately a stronger one. I was really lucky to have Marie. I do know how hard it is to be apart, it's a completely sucky situation and I wish no one had to go through it :( But fall is really close. It's interesting that the US process seems to be taking longer than my Canadian one did, but then maybe that's to do with the marriage situation there? (Read: Eww.) Either way, I hope it gets settled before fall so that you can live together sooner.

Ooh, yeah, for that long I'd go back whenever I could too. Makes more sense. This year actually, at Marie's job September is blacked out for time off, so we couldn't have gone back even if we wanted to.

You should definitely do a TR! I love reading other people's adventures! Since it's still a while away, you'll have to let me know if/when you do and send me a link :)

Our Prime Time experience definitely redeemed the restaurant. It's a lot of fun and Gary was so great because he was kind and funny but not to the point of being annoying, you know? Sprite is my favorite drink! I'm not big on the pomegranate lemonade though, but maybe Marie will steal that idea ;)

Yes, it's those tough life situations that really bond and strengthen a relationship. :)

Yeah, we contacted a lawyer in the fall of 2013 after DOMA was turned over. It took us awhile to get our lives and paperwork in order - so we submitted everything last december. It takes an average 9 months for spouse sponsored permanent residency to go through. We had started Canadian paperwork before DOMA, and it was much easier to do - but DW wants to stay in the US as she loves her job. And we talk going back to working for WDW when we retired way down the road (we met as CM's on Disney Cruise Line).

I will send you a link if I do a TR. I'm not sure yet - we will see how willing I am to documenting the trip when I get there :)

Yes, it's those tough life situations that really bond and strengthen a relationship. :)

Yeah, we contacted a lawyer in the fall of 2013 after DOMA was turned over. It took us awhile to get our lives and paperwork in order - so we submitted everything last december. It takes an average 9 months for spouse sponsored permanent residency to go through. We had started Canadian paperwork before DOMA, and it was much easier to do - but DW wants to stay in the US as she loves her job. And we talk going back to working for WDW when we retired way down the road (we met as CM's on Disney Cruise Line).

I will send you a link if I do a TR. I'm not sure yet - we will see how willing I am to documenting the trip when I get there :)

Oof that sounds like a real hassle having gone through the paperwork twice. And knowing how much work Marie and I put into our Canadian stuff I can't even imagine how the US process was. Maybe someday Marie and I will head that way as we're thinking about retiring down to working for Disney too ;)

But oh my goodness, that sounds like the cutest story ever. Meeting on Disney Cruise Line? Soo cute. Way cuter than Marie and me who met online at a Harry Potter forum. Falling in love while spreading the magic.

Sounds like a plan. Documenting everything can get a bit tiring. I stopped taking notes at some point in this trip so after that things will be a little less specific lol.

Oof that sounds like a real hassle having gone through the paperwork twice. And knowing how much work Marie and I put into our Canadian stuff I can't even imagine how the US process was. Maybe someday Marie and I will head that way as we're thinking about retiring down to working for Disney too ;)

But oh my goodness, that sounds like the cutest story ever. Meeting on Disney Cruise Line? Soo cute. Way cuter than Marie and me who met online at a Harry Potter forum. Falling in love while spreading the magic.

Sounds like a plan. Documenting everything can get a bit tiring. I stopped taking notes at some point in this trip so after that things will be a little less specific lol.

Yeah our application package weighed in at 10 lbs… and that was just paper documents! I feel extremely lucky (as a Disney nerd) to have found my partner while making magic for others. We got to experience something so unique together and that's pretty cool. If I do a TR, I will include some background info in my introduction :)

Your meeting with Marie sounds pretty sweet too! A girl I work with is from California and met her Canadian wife online writing fan fiction about Glee. I think it's cute when something brings two people together. So Harry Potter must be pretty special for both of you!

I got an ADR yesterday for Prime Time Diner after reading your info. I think we will try it again - although it depends on DW. We both have some dietary stuff (me being a vegetarian, and DW having some sensitivities to certain foods). We have 6 months to decide thought!

Yeah our application package weighed in at 10 lbs… and that was just paper documents! I feel extremely lucky (as a Disney nerd) to have found my partner while making magic for others. We got to experience something so unique together and that's pretty cool. If I do a TR, I will include some background info in my introduction :)

Your meeting with Marie sounds pretty sweet too! A girl I work with is from California and met her Canadian wife online writing fan fiction about Glee. I think it's cute when something brings two people together. So Harry Potter must be pretty special for both of you!

I got an ADR yesterday for Prime Time Diner after reading your info. I think we will try it again - although it depends on DW. We both have some dietary stuff (me being a vegetarian, and DW having some sensitivities to certain foods). We have 6 months to decide thought!

Yeah, ours was about 6 lbs with everything. Immigration is a ridiculous process. And you definitely would have to include that story because as I said it's just so sweet.

It's less special now than it used to be (Disney sort of took its place) but it will always have a special spot in our lives, for sure.

Well then I hope it goes well if you do eat there . I wouldn't want to be the reason why you and your DW have a bad meal :P If you can get the food stuff situated I do think it's worth a try again though. I mean, the atmosphere alone is so amazing in there that I'm sure you'd have a great time.

Indiana Jones! I saw it quite a while ago (2005? 2007?) but not since. If it's still around in May/June, we'll have to stop by just in case it gets a future axe! :-)

I'm glad you liked your time at the 50's (minus your meal - that was a bummer!). Your server seemed great! I really like that restaurant, both for the historical décor as well as the tasty food. :thumbsup2

Indiana Jones! I saw it quite a while ago (2005? 2007?) but not since. If it's still around in May/June, we'll have to stop by just in case it gets a future axe! :-)

I'm glad you liked your time at the 50's (minus your meal - that was a bummer!). Your server seemed great! I really like that restaurant, both for the historical décor as well as the tasty food. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately it probably will, but I guess it's a matter of how much of a mess they want to do at once, and how speedily they want to open up Star Wars land. Technically, they only have so much pressure as to getting it open by the time episode XI is out in theaters, and that's still gonna be a good while away. But it's a really cool show, and unfortunately can't be seen anywhere else, so it'll be sad to see it go - especially for all those stunt actors.

It really was a great time! Hopefully next time we go, we'll get a great food experience on top of the great atmosphere, and then it'll pretty much just be perfect!

Day 6, Part 3: "You really need to get HBO."

After our great meal, we went ahead and made our way straight up to guest relations so that we'd be able to leave a great comment for Gary. He deserved it with how amazing of a waiter he was and how he really just helped to redeem the whole restaurant in our eyes. If you can go and get him as your cousin, I'd highly recommend it.

Good comment left, we had a little bit of time to kill before our FP+ would arrive. So, I took to taking some pictures.

ymWebaD.jpg

A little bit of Frozen Fun.

LDO4ful.jpg

And some hat spam.

I'm well aware that a lot of people are happy to see the Hat gone, but I am not amongst their numbers. Many of the people who are happy to see it go are happy for the same reasons I'm unhappy; the remembered the park without it. I remember the park with it. It was there my first trip and I found it interesting and fun. Plus, I don't really like the Chinese Theater. There, I said it. So, I'm still mourning the loss of the Hat and probably will be for some time.

f0FwPeP.jpg

I miss its cartoony stars.

XX29iJ8.jpg

And this gold swirly stuff that is really pretty and interesting.

trRfumn.jpg

I miss it!

Next trip I take, I will lament more in the loss of the Hat but for now I think that this is enough.

We did take a seat for a little while out by Sci-fi to just rest as we were hot and there was time to kill yet before our FP+ but after about five minutes we were on our way.

Where?

HckCyf9.jpg

rg48xSN.jpg

This building is so ugly and waiting in line for it was not pumping up the excitement, I'm gonna be honest.

In fact, I wasn't that excited for this experience at all because I didn't really get what fun it would be. I thought it'd just be a bunch of people singing with some characters around and eh- I wasn't sold.

YtSm3gO.jpg

These were our approximate seats.

Once the show started I was able to see why it was exactly that the sing along was doing so well and that came in the form of our hosts, who were simply amazing and so hilarious. I think my favorite part had to be (what I referenced in the title of the chapter) where they showed the clip of what was happening and the guy goes, "And then Hans cut off Elsa's head!"

"Woah. No. No. This isn't Game of Thrones; you need to get HBO or something."

"I can't afford HBO, I work for Disney."

It was gold, I was cracking up so hard. Those hosts were just too good and I'd see the show again just for them. I'm so glad that they found a way to gear an otherwise children's oriented activity toward adults.

pi3Bm3b.jpg

Of course the characters still did make an appearance.

i8Rpi18.jpg

But the real MVPs can be found on the right hand side of the picture.

bcIUHLK.jpg

The sisters of the hour were still pretty impressive too.

Once the show as finished, we hussled out of the auditorium because we had something else that we wanted to catch.

hdd2MCy.jpg

Or more like, something that I really wanted to catch. Marie was fairly indifferent. But with rumors that this show might go soon too and an interest in cars, I was all for seeing it while we could.

euongOd.jpg

We were a little late.

Jx6YwIO.jpg

But we didn't miss much, luckily.

lvSg94e.jpg

Lightning McQueen! (I also love Cars with a capital C)

f2fk6B9.jpg

Oh no, a lemon!

After that the Cars went away and you know, actual cars came out to do the really impressive things.

R1H3BCc.jpg

Jump over stuff.

uw7l4oW.jpg

Chase one another.

jQ2eZFU.jpg

Drive on two wheels.

qX41QmF.jpg

Get super close together.

7MdRyNK.jpg

Do some jetskiing.

woLe8S4.jpg

And set stuff on fire.

You know, typical car stuff.

At this point, however, Marie realized something important was missing. She'd taken off her Minnie Ears during the sing along so not to block the views of people behind her but had somehow dropped them and not realized that they were missing until that very moment.

So we skipped out a few minutes early to try and see if they'd found them over at the sing along

0UcTjKF.jpg

Hello entrance.

Luckily, when we arrived and asked a CM stationed outside she knew exactly what we were talking about since Marie had the Hollywood Studios park map bow on top and it was pretty distinct. After a couple of minutes, she returned back with the pair of ears and all was taken care of.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Just loving your trip report!
Awesome that Marie got her Minnie ears back!
You guys are having such a great day and I'm so glad you enjoyed the Frozen singalong - it ended up being one of my favorite things at HS!

We're hoping to be back at the World this September so it's nice to read your report from that time. Although I'm getting slightly nervous about the weather!

Can't wait to read more :)

OK, The Hat. I actually have no problem with the hat, but I did not like it's location. My ultimate would be to keep the hat in the park, but just in a differnt spot. But that's just me. I know for many there is an attachment, so I totally get that. This will for sure continue to be a discussion point for quite a while I expect.

Ok, so this is where the Sing-A-Long finally came in.

Oh yeah, for sure the hosts made this show so much better. Did you have a fairly interactive audience? I did not and it really hurt my enjoyment a bit.

Wow, I haven't seen LMA for years. 2009 maybe? Thankfully I am totally cool with this going away as I have no intention of seeing it again anyway. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter