"A for effort, C for execution." A September 2014 TR **07/04 THE END!*

I like that you embraced the rain and went for the poncho PP picture :thumbsup2

I also love how you commentate through the update (and your trip reports in general) about how everyone is feeling based on the faces they are making - like how your face on TT shows your concern for being late to your ADR

Sounds like a nice plan of having a great meal and then camping out under cover waiting for Illuminations.

Your martini looks great! Though, yeah, usually they are overly cautious about checking id's ... and clearly you couldn't handle your alcohol (literally) as you spilled it ... which is truly a bummer. Glad you got all cleaned up and it taken care of before Illuminations though so it didn't negatively impact that :goodvibes

Oh, and I definitely need to use the term "crapton" more in my daily life

I like that you embraced the rain and went for the poncho PP picture :thumbsup2

I also love how you commentate through the update (and your trip reports in general) about how everyone is feeling based on the faces they are making - like how your face on TT shows your concern for being late to your ADR

Sounds like a nice plan of having a great meal and then camping out under cover waiting for Illuminations.

Your martini looks great! Though, yeah, usually they are overly cautious about checking id's ... and clearly you couldn't handle your alcohol (literally) as you spilled it ... which is truly a bummer. Glad you got all cleaned up and it taken care of before Illuminations though so it didn't negatively impact that :goodvibes

Oh, and I definitely need to use the term "crapton" more in my daily life
Well it was embrace the rain or drown in it ;) I think we made the better choice.

Faces are part of the reason I can even remember feelings I don't write down. Which will be helpful later on in my life, I think. So thanks for noticing.

We really just wanted to see it from a different view. Plus, escaping the rain never hurts.

It was especially painful considering how much I spent on it but c'est la vie. I've learned my lessons about handling my alcohol :thumbsup2

It's the best measurement I know. I encourage you to use it more.

Day 5, Part 1: It's Time For Fancy Feels

It was definitely a good thing to have planned around an early(ish) night time return the day before, as this morning we had an early wake up call!

We got ourselves showered and dressed and headed out for the day after leaving the Mousekeeping envelope out.

Img_0884_zps1e2h3rds.jpg

We made our way over to the bus stop, and were lucky enough to not have too long a wait, which is always a stressful moments when you have something planned out at a specific time. I always prefer leaving much earlier than needed for that very reason - hence why Amber and I often get to the airport three hours before our flight is supposed to leave and then have nothing to do for two and a half hours. Oops?

Thankfully, what we had planned wasn't specifically before park opening, so it wasn't as bad as waiting on a bus at 7 am when the park only opens at 9.

Before too long, we had reached our first destination: the Magic Kingdom! (Are you starting to see a theme? We went to MK A LOT this trip. In all cases it was for good reasons, though.)

Img_0885_zps6djk01cn.jpg

At this very moment, however, we were actually just passing by. No getting into this crowd just yet.

Img_0886_zpsys42expg.jpg

No, the Magic Kingdom was a passing by destination today. So we made our way over to this little area.

Img_0888_zps7dmofw4t.jpg

Are you starting to guess where we're headed?

We got in line for the boat launch, and were pretty much the only ones in line at that point.

Img_0889_zpsm1ajilko.jpg

So we waited.

And waited.

A monorail went by.

We waited some more.

At that point, there didn't even seem to be a boat coming our way, so we were keeping an eye out on the monorail line. We decided that if we saw another one coming along, we'd just ditch the resort boat launch and rush to take the monorail instead.

Img_0891_zpsd1c6ybab.jpg

As you can see, that's ultimately what happened. And even rushing, we snapped a picture of the sign, because we take Disney laws very seriously.

We made it up just as they started loading people in, and joined in the line to get on ourselves!

Img_0892_zpshewigoea.jpg

See you later, Magic Kingdom go-ers!

Img_0893_zpsomz3vxeo.jpg

So now, where are we going?

Img_0894_zpsjeguvry5.jpg

Passing Space Mountain toward the first stop: Contemporary! But you already know it's not that one, because it doesn't have a boat launch. So let's keep going!

Img_0895_zpsjkk7ynxy.jpg

The Polynesian, in its messy construction state?

Not this time around.

So that leaves just the one!

Img_0897_zpsywlfniw7.jpg

The beautiful, wondrous, why won't you be in my budget range Grand Floridian!

I have such a love for this resort. Someday, it will happen. We have plans. Big plans.

We hopped off the monorail and headed inside to bask in the fanciness.

Img_0899_zpsrtdmd9mu.jpg

Ah, yes. We're fancy again.

Img_0900_zps0wzwvlaa.jpg

With a fancy staircase.

Img_0902_zps6nk3gus9.jpg

And fancy floors.

Img_0903_zpsm66poubn.jpg

Did I mention, this resort is fancy?

Cause it is.

I'm glad we cleared this up.

Thankfully, we didn't get lost this time around (if you've read Amber's previous trip report, you know what I'm talking about. If not, you can go read it, or just trust me on this - we got lost, a lot) which makes sense seeing as we weren't going very far.

Img_0904_zps8ebncaj8.jpg

1900 Park Fare!

That's right, we were having breakfast with characters at the Grand Floridian and now my life is this much closer to being complete.

Img_0905_zpsqzcllyn8.jpg

We went up to the podium and gave our name to let them know we had arrived. They gave us a beeper and send us forward to take our very fancy pictures.

IMG_0912_zps2qdy4rce.jpg

The lighting was bright.

IMG_0913_zps1ong3mnw.jpg

Very bright. But they still came out pretty good!

Once the mini photoshoot was done, we headed back over toward the lobby area to wait for the beeper to go off, since there's not really a sitting area by the restaurant itself.

Img_0907_zpslusnz83n.jpg

But that's fine, because who doesn't want a reason to feel grand in the Grand Floridian lobby?

Even their couches are fancy.

Img_0908_zpspiqv71e9.jpg

We picked a slightly less fancy one to sit on though. We don't quite belong just yet.

Img_0910_zpsgd7vmagu.jpg

And of course, we took a few more pictures, because why wouldn't you?

Img_0911_zpscwra5j4z.jpg

I think this is one of the few elevators Amber is a fan of. Well, from the outside, but it's still a step up!

It was only a few minutes before the beeper went off, and we were more than ready for this!

Well, me a bit more than Amber because she's not that big on breakfast foods, but she agreed to this because we still had our Tables in Wonderland card so it was just the best time to do it!

Img_0914_zpsvcq6rugs.jpg

We were seated pretty much right around the corner from the buffet, and waited for our waitress to come by for drinks order before we'd get up and go over to fill up our plates, looking over at some of the beverages selections in the meantime.

Img_0915_zpsxxkt9ke7.jpg

Click for next post

Last edited:
I always like leaving with more than enough time to spare too. Makes me feel better if I get somewhere early instead of arriving just in time.

Yeah, the boat launches aren't always the fastest. We stopped to wait in line for the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge in November, and the CM there was honest with everyone and said with the crowd level that was waiting, we'd be a good hour for enough boats to come to fit us all. So off to the bus stop we went instead.

Everyone wants to feel grand in the Grand lobby! I absolutely love that resort. I'm glad they have DVC now, but I still haven't been able to score a reservation since we don't own points in that resort.

There is a lot of different view points. I've only seen it mostly from the right side: UK, Canada, and Japan. I really liked Canada and so did Marie though so I don't know how much venturing we'll be doing.

I have also watched it from Canada (back in 1994) by Disney Traders (the one near the Refreshment Port) at Christmas. I still would like to see it from Japan and from the Germany side of the lake. I did like the spot we had by the Refreshment Port because we were along a wall and even if we sat on the wall, we could still see.

I am the same way as you as always be extra early rather than risk being late - just stresses me out when it is getting close to an appointment and I am still not there. Also stressed me out when traveling with work colleagues who have a very different view of the matter

My goodness the fanciness! I cannot handle it! ... though who knew bright lighting was fancy lighting - I would have pictured something more like mood lighting. Speaking of fancy, that has to be about the fanciest menu for a buffet location I have ever seen! Hope you enjoyed your breakfast!

Hmmm... as a recent fist time exclusive user of Disney Transportation, I can definitely attest to the desire to get to the stops early.

"We went to MK A LOT this trip. In all cases it was for good reasons, though" Just curious... is there a bad reason? :p

Also as a recent boat user, I can also attest... UGH, so frustrating.

Oh yes, the fancy fancy G-Flo. I locve to visit, but I still just don't feel fancy enough to stay. The again, I kinda fell in love with the WL. I guess rustic outdoors is more my speed.

That Minnie-ears headband with the yellow bow is beyond adorable! Do you happen to remember where it came from?

I always like leaving with more than enough time to spare too. Makes me feel better if I get somewhere early instead of arriving just in time.

Yeah, the boat launches aren't always the fastest. We stopped to wait in line for the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge in November, and the CM there was honest with everyone and said with the crowd level that was waiting, we'd be a good hour for enough boats to come to fit us all. So off to the bus stop we went instead.

Everyone wants to feel grand in the Grand lobby! I absolutely love that resort. I'm glad they have DVC now, but I still haven't been able to score a reservation since we don't own points in that resort.

Being late makes me very anxious, so I always start being a little panicky whenever we're running late. But I just feel like it's that much easier to handle being early than late, anyway!

We'd never used the boat to one of the resorts before, so we weren't really familiar with the wait and such. We weren't sure when the monorail would be running, either, seeing as Magic Kingdom wasn't opening until 9 and our reservation was right at 9:05. There wasn't even a cast member at that point though, so thinking about it, I'm not sure the resort boat launch for the Poly and GF was running yet.

It is so, so gorgeous. It's definitely at the top of my dream list. We want to try every single resort at least once, but we definitely have a good idea of when to try and fit this one in. And yeah, I would imagine it would be hard to get!

I have also watched it from Canada (back in 1994) by Disney Traders (the one near the Refreshment Port) at Christmas. I still would like to see it from Japan and from the Germany side of the lake. I did like the spot we had by the Refreshment Port because we were along a wall and even if we sat on the wall, we could still see.

Thus far we've watched it from Canada, France, Japan and the entrance to the World Showcase (right by the boat launch to Morocco), and I think Canada was one of the best spots, but we've been lucky, they were all pretty good.

I am the same way as you as always be extra early rather than risk being late - just stresses me out when it is getting close to an appointment and I am still not there. Also stressed me out when traveling with work colleagues who have a very different view of the matter

My goodness the fanciness! I cannot handle it! ... though who knew bright lighting was fancy lighting - I would have pictured something more like mood lighting. Speaking of fancy, that has to be about the fanciest menu for a buffet location I have ever seen! Hope you enjoyed your breakfast!

I've had small breakdowns over being late before, so I should probably calm down a little over it, but I just really hate it. I couldn't imagine traveling with someone that doesn't care though, I don't think I could do it. I'd leave them behind and tell them I'd meet them later!

So much fancy at the Grand Floridian! And I know right? Though I guess dim lighting would be a little less ideal for pictures. And it was a pretty neat menu, considering it only consists of drinks!

Last edited:
Hmmm... as a recent fist time exclusive user of Disney Transportation, I can definitely attest to the desire to get to the stops early.

"We went to MK A LOT this trip. In all cases it was for good reasons, though" Just curious... is there a bad reason? :p

Also as a recent boat user, I can also attest... UGH, so frustrating.

Oh yes, the fancy fancy G-Flo. I locve to visit, but I still just don't feel fancy enough to stay. The again, I kinda fell in love with the WL. I guess rustic outdoors is more my speed.

Yep, it's hard to depend on transportation when you can't tell when it'll be coming around! Though, they've been testing with MagicBand tracking so that they'll be able to install something to give approximate times until the next bus comes around at all the resorts, which is definitely exciting! They already have it at some of the resorts, but they're supposed to roll it out to all of them by March 10th.

Well, not a bad reason. But with Amber's love of Epcot, in hindsight she feels we definitely didn't spend enough time there because of how much we were at the Magic Kingdom. But there was a reasoning to every single time we were at MK, so we couldn't really have done it differently.

We don't have to use the boats very often, and I've got to say, I'm pretty thankful for that.

Someday we'll definitely get over our lack of fanciness and stay there anyway! They'll just have to deal with our non fanciness. But I really do love the looks of WL as well, it's gorgeous. Then again, I'll say that about all the deluxes. I just want to stay everywhere!

That Minnie-ears headband with the yellow bow is beyond adorable! Do you happen to remember where it came from?

It's actually custom made! We buy all our Disney bows from Magical Ribbons, she makes many that are really gorgeous. The wait is fairly long as her bows are pretty popular and she makes them all by hand all by herself, so usually it can be upwards of two months before an order comes around, but we just order them very far in advance. The bow itself actually came separately from the headband, as each bow is sold individually.

For the headband itself, she removes the original bow, puts a loop to hook any other bow through it, and puts a french barrette on the original bow so that it can still be worn with it. She even shows how to do it for people who already have their own Minnie ears.

Last edited:
Day 5, Part 2: The Proper Levels of Appreciation

We got to order our drinks soon enough and I just stuck with water.

WOwYcSN.jpg

Marie, however, got chocolate milk and the juice that they were serving. I can't find the name and don't remember what was in it but there was at least something I didn't like. She liked it though.

After the drinks were served, we went to grab some grub. While I was doing so one of the chefs talked to me about my plans for the day, I told her I had MNSSHP that night and she asked if I'd ever done it before. I told her that I had, just two days prior and had had an amazing time.

She admitted that she'd just started working at the resort and had never made it to a party but wanted to at some point. I encouraged the idea before I moved on.

05uwTVa.jpg

My plates. Cheesy hashbrowns, biscuits in gravy and a ham, cheese and onion omelet.

kgCVwlg.jpg

Marie's plate, complete with strawberry soup on the side. Bacon, sausage, cinnamon bun, Mickey waffles, strawberries, and scrambled eggs.

It wasn't too long for our first guests to come around and they were some of my favorites!

jUQKzW5.jpg

Tigger was in a good mood.

kCtNaIq.jpg

He even danced a little with me. Characters seem to enjoy doing that. I don't mind it either.

Next up was the big bear himself!

Gh08w52.jpg

He loved Marie's bow because it was yellow like him and her dress because bees need flowers to make honey and we all know he loves honey.

UN7F0yG.jpg

For some reason I look uncomfortable in this picture and I have no clue why. I'm sorry Pooh. I love you, you know I do.

After the meetings Marie went to go and grab some more food.

FMqbcsI.jpg

Sort of. If rice crispies and strawberry soup count as food anyway.

At this point we still hadn't seen Mary or Alice coming our way, but our Hundred Acre Wood friends were coming around again and we decided just to snap some we-sies with them.

OAaxsP3.jpg

That's how well that worked. I cut off most of me and instead got Mr. Not Quite Wearing His Sunglasses in the background.

By the time I realized it though Pooh was already moving on. Oh well, we already had pictures with him.

hMJLEgU.jpg

I managed to repeat the same mistake with Tigger.

Luckily, he noticed and had us all squeeze in extra tight.
HCK0IBv.jpg

Better? Yes. Good, still not quite. He was a sweetie though.

After a few more minutes a proper English lady was headed over to our table and she was pretty happy to see that we had dressed in our Sunday best.

KRa0Ddu.jpg

bujegFe.jpg

She then asked the father at the table behind us if he would mind taking a picture of us together. He was a perfect gentleman and agreed.

cw6Y4DV.jpg

Alice followed along very quickly afterward. She was nice but not too memorable if I'm honest.

6O4GL79.jpg

ggrVpoW.jpg

At that point we were able to pay and head up to the monorail so we could get going with the rest of our day.

Or actually, our first stop was the restroom and guess what we discovered. In that bathroom they had name brand Charmin toilet paper. The assumption from May that fancy people get better toilet paper was true!

After that we also tried to stop by the ATM to withdraw some money but there was no money inside of it so that was a bust and we continued out.

Where was our day taking us?

UBOeANV.jpg

To the Magic Kingdom, of course. Actually, we weren't planning on staying long. We just had some matters to take care of while we were there.

Since the Trolley Show was going on, we stopped to watch right inside.

a6oOhCU.jpg

yumUChY.jpg

It was fabulous as usual, but we did hurry along pretty quickly when it was finished because we had a FP+.

rHTjhwV.jpg

We did stop in the store for a minute though as Marie was again contemplating buying an animator's doll and once again did not.

9oA4pg1.jpg

We caught sight of a cute little happening with some kids being able to act and dance. Pretty awesome.

Of course, that FP was coming up, so we lingered only a moment.

We got to our FP about two minutes before it was opening, so I took a crowd picture.

xDha5wg.jpg

But then the two minutes were over and our adventures were about to begin!

Zbn4IPV.jpg

I mean, if we're going into the Magic Kingdom we need to ride Winnie the Pooh at least once, you know?

Wtx0meG.jpg

I took a picture at the end to show our levels of appreciation. They're very different, as you can tell. One of us has the proper level and the other is Marie.

After that we just had one more manner of business to attend to. So we headed back up toward Main Street.

lIKF2EH.jpg

Castle picture because it's beautiful from every angle.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Hmmmm... MNSSHP that night? What a coincidence!!

Mickey Waffles!!!!! YES!!!! Ugh, I miss them already.

I don't think you look uncomfortable with Pooh, Amber. We all get that way around our favs. :flower3:

"If rice crispies and strawberry soup count as food anyway" They do!

I LOVE the we-sies. They look so extra cute.

Haha, when Mary Poppins asks you to do something... you do it.

" One of us has the proper level and the other is Marie." :rotfl2:

I'm late to the party but will now just have to go play catch up! After Rob's latest post, I couldn't not come find you :goodvibes More once I am caught up! :thumbsup2

Hi guys! Sorry it's been a while. I've been busy with school, and I don't do well with change so I was kind of overwhelmed by the new DIS. I'm back to catch up, though!

I love poncho pics. We have one with Tower of Terror and it's one of my favorite Disney pics!

Haha I love when the Photopass photographers take pictures of you without the characters. It's like, thanks for thinking I'm a model!

TEPPAN EDO! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!

Haha, I would have reacted the same way to not being carded. At this point I just pull out my ID without being asked because I know I look younger than 22.

I really want to try 1900 Park Fare for breakfast!! We've only ever done dinner.

POG/LILIKOI/JUNGLE JUICE at least I think that's what Marie ordered!!! Aka my most favorite juice in the world.

Hmmmm... MNSSHP that night? What a coincidence!!

Mickey Waffles!!!!! YES!!!! Ugh, I miss them already.

I don't think you look uncomfortable with Pooh, Amber. We all get that way around our favs. :flower3:

"If rice crispies and strawberry soup count as food anyway" They do!

I LOVE the we-sies. They look so extra cute.

Haha, when Mary Poppins asks you to do something... you do it.

" One of us has the proper level and the other is Marie." :rotfl2:

A total coincidence!

I don't like waffles that much but I make exceptions for Mickey ones.

Thank you Rob :) He is just so intimidating.

Alright, you're the one knowledgeable on food so I believe you :p

We tried. Or rather, I tried. Marie says her arms are too short and it's always nice to have a slightly different picture.

Well she is a proper British lady, you can't deny her.

I ain't saying anything that isn't true ::yes::

I'm late to the party but will now just have to go play catch up! After Rob's latest post, I couldn't not come find you :goodvibes More once I am caught up! :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad to have you here! It's perfectly alright to be late and I hope you enjoyed catching up and what we'll be continuing with!

Hi guys! Sorry it's been a while. I've been busy with school, and I don't do well with change so I was kind of overwhelmed by the new DIS. I'm back to catch up, though!

I love poncho pics. We have one with Tower of Terror and it's one of my favorite Disney pics!

Haha I love when the Photopass photographers take pictures of you without the characters. It's like, thanks for thinking I'm a model!

TEPPAN EDO! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!

Haha, I would have reacted the same way to not being carded. At this point I just pull out my ID without being asked because I know I look younger than 22.

I really want to try 1900 Park Fare for breakfast!! We've only ever done dinner.

POG/LILIKOI/JUNGLE JUICE at least I think that's what Marie ordered!!! Aka my most favorite juice in the world.

Don't even worry Courtney, it's okay to have a life :p Plus, I feel you on the change.

You can fight the rain or embrace it. It's easier to embrace it.

Pretty much. Like, I hope that they continue to do that when I have childrens because then I will want the pictures.

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG FOR ME TOO. But then, it's always too long since Teppan Edo.

I had mine in my pocket, ready to take it out. I can see you getting carded too. The curse of youthful faces.

I want to try for dinner! Breakfast is pretty good, I mean, we both liked it and I'm not huge on breakfast.

Sounds right! She did enjoy it a lot but I don't like any of the juices that went into it. That's okay, more for you and Marie ;)

Day 5, Part 3: "Disney Dollars are so cute!"

We made our way back up Main Street because we had very important business to attend to. The real reason for swinging by the Magic Kingdom for a brief moment after our breakfast at 1900s Park Fare (which, I was the once who graciously suggested we select a FastPass during that time frame for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but you know, where's the gratitude?)

Img_0945_zpsp3ce5le7.jpg

I had to get a balloon!

That's right, nearly two years after our very first Disney experience, I would finally be getting a Disney balloon, and boy was I excited.

We planned it on this specific day because we knew we'd be heading right back to the resort afterward, hence I wouldn't have to worry about the balloon while hanging out at the park and would just safely leave it back it the room for the rest of our trip. It may seem like going against its purpose, but it was very nice to have our balloon friend greet us in the evening (except when it looked a bit creepy against the windows and we had to move it, but I digress).

However, we had encountered an unexpected problem that made this balloon acquisition a bit trickier. I had tried to withdraw money at the Grand Floridian, and it didn't work. We figured we'd just try again at the park, because it could potentially just be the ATM itself.

Unfortunately, we came across the same problem once in the Magic Kingdom! One card was just plain refusing to give out money for some unknown reason, and the other apparently had to be signed up to allow for withdrawals, which I never did, so it wouldn't work either. And as we all know, balloons can only be purchased with cash. Oh no!

We decided to do the most logical thing, as any grown adult would do, in this situation.

Buy Disney dollars!

So we made our way up Main Street, headed toward Guest Relations.

Img_0946_zpsiutevou6.jpg

I made sure, along the way, that they did take Disney dollars in exchange for balloons, and thankfully they did. Phew!

Img_0947_zpsqqbsmxy9.jpg

We were further delayed, however, as we arrived by the entrance of the Emporium and found the way blocked by a party that was coming our way.

Hey! Get up!

Img_0948_zpst3phknkz.jpg

Get loud!

Img_0949_zpsgkkmpqfy.jpg

Start pumping up the party now!

Img_0951_zpstuwaejlu.jpg

Even Marie was excitedly joining in across the street!

I bet she doesn't do that anymore. Lord is that new soundtrack a let down.

Img_0953_zpsn7vdj7wp.jpg

We'd actually found out the day before, while doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, that they were working on redoing the floats for the new Dance Party, and that there would be more changes to it (including the name). Of course, we didn't know then what exactly it would become.

Img_0955_zpstehmk54v.jpg

We now know the answer - a disappointment. The music just isn't catchy to the same level at all. I don't think we'll ever be enticed to join in again.

Not that I ever did, but I was always very much tempted to!

Soon, the road cleared up as the Dance party kept going up toward the hub, and we crossed over to City Hall so I could obtain this beautiful currency.

Img_0958_zpsl8ovhmvk.jpg

Isn't it so adorable?! I know gift cards are more efficient and all, but goodness these are cute! Cutest money I ever saw. I may someday have to get some just as a souvenir. Put it up in a frame, and when people ask why I have Disney money in a frame, I'll just tell them it's an investment in HAPPINESS.

Money in hand, I skipped back up Main Street while Amber sat outside Guest Relations.

Img_0959_zpsgnqbkyag.jpg

Obviously, she's too cool for balloons.

While I stressed myself out wondering what color I would get as I walked up to the nearest Cast Member holding a bouquet of balloon, she people watched some.

Img_0960_zps5mngftkz.jpg

And then she met me as I came back over and showed off my selection.

Img_0961_zps9prgqt0z.jpg

Blue balloon! But I was also very tempted by green. And purple.

I just wanted them all!

Floating friend in hand, we finally made our way out of the park.

I'm still not a hundred percent in agreement with using Town Square Theater for Tink alone (they really could have put some fairy friends in there with her), but the sign is adorable.

Img_0962_zpsmoxixhbv.jpg

See ya real soon! In like, a few hours.

Img_0963_zpsypex3m0k.jpg

As luck would have it, we walked over toward the bus area just as a bus for the French Quarter was pulling away.

But seeing as we are actually pretty lucky (it would seem), it wasn't long until another one came right back around, loaded us in, waited a few minutes and then left with only us as passengers on board!

Img_0964_zpsmbe20z7x.jpg

Don't you just love empty buses?

We do.

But not as much as we love the French Quarter.

Img_0968_zpsalweoutw.jpg

Resort appreciation!

Img_0969_zpsrkrd42rg.jpg

I mean, just look at it.

Img_0970_zpsq3gcoq59.jpg

It's so pretty!

Img_0971_zpsx0pxsrhs.jpg

Img_0967_zps5qqcqoql.jpg

We made it back to our room in a timely fashion, originally just planning on dropping off the balloon and then heading out for food at Riverside!

Img_0966_zpsdjsnsv11.jpg

However, that's when the rain rain rain came down down down. We decided to wait it out a little, and chilled in the room for a bit. Amber caught up on her notes in the Trip Report Journal, and I rested while browsing the interwebs.

The rain was letting up a little at this point, but not a whole lot. However, we were getting hungry, so we decided to forgo the plans of eating at Riverside and just heading over to our own food court instead.

Img_0972_zpsxkm3vxdk.jpg

Thankfully, our building was the one right next to the main lobby/food area, although we were on the other end of it. We walked along under cover until we were right across the food court entrance, and we were able to avoid getting too wet by just skipping over to the other side of the pathway and going right in.

Seriously, such a perfect room location.

We went right up to order, splitting up at that point.

I got myself quesadillas with fries, seeing as I had regretted not getting it when that was Amber's food pick on our first night.

Img_0973_zps6iagjjfl.jpg

I got my food right away, but Amber was given a beeper as she got the mac and cheese pasta dish. Obviously, I had to take a picture of it while she went to get our cups filled with water.

Img_0975_zpsfpjdnkin.jpg

Before too long, her own food was ready, so she went and picked it up.

Img_0976_zpsyub5kb9x.jpg

Neither selections were sensational, to be honest, but it is what it is. They still did the job of filling us up, so that's what really matters!

Click for next post

Awww Marie, I think that is so wonderful that you wanted to get a balloon. Not to mention the effort you went to to acquire said balloon. :flower3:

MiSiCi. :sad: On this day of all days. And OH GOD YES the new soundtrack is horrendous. I hate this now. RIP MiSiCi.

I do love empty buses I must admit.

It's actually custom made! We buy all our Disney bows from Magical Ribbons, she makes many that are really gorgeous. The wait is fairly long as her bows are pretty popular and she makes them all by hand all by herself, so usually it can be upwards of two months before an order comes around, but we just order them very far in advance. The bow itself actually came separately from the headband, as each bow is sold individually.

For the headband itself, she removes the original bow, puts a loop to hook any other bow through it, and puts a french barrette on the original bow so that it can still be worn with it. She even shows how to do it for people who already have their own Minnie ears.

Thank you so much for the magical ribbons recommendation! Fortunately my trip is months away (my 180 day mark is this week...) so if I order soon I should have them in time. I love that you can change them out! It's like an investment-- I'll never have to buy another pair of ears again!

I promise I'm following along this TR!!! Even if I'm 7 pages late!!!

As usual, your updates are too magical for words!!! I love all of the character photos :)

Oh my gosh, who knew getting a balloon would be such a trial? Still cool that you got to see MiSiCi one last time!

I used to get sooooo many Disney dollars from family for Christmas as a kid. I did actually hold on to some for a really long time, but I used them all when I took my first trip without my parents and had to pay for my own food. They are a true investment in happiness, though!!

I think blue balloon is an excellent choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter