A few questions from a newbie :)

mareejen

Mouseketeer
I have been reading this board for hours...well, an hour and a half...
So please forgive because I am sure both of my questions have been asked and answered many times already but I just could find what I was looking for :(

Firstly, If I book a Magic Your Way Plus Dining, can I use a room only discount (AAA) for just the room portion and still have the dining plan included? I thought a CM told me back in February that you cannot use a AAA discount with the room if the dining is included with the package:confused:

Secondly, I am seeing all of this chatter about "pins" and I am not expecting one at all, but if there is a promo this fall/winter, and it becomes available to the public, will it be hard to book? I would of course call right away when I could, but it seems like once it is available to the public you might not get it if you don't act fast enough?

Finally, I have a Disney Visa/Chase card, so does that mean I would be able to get the deals before the general public, if that is what they decide to do? However, I don't really use my card, I have my tuition on it and am paying it off but I don't use it for new purchases, so would that make a difference in me being able to get any promos? Oh, yeah, one more thing, do I have to use the card to book the package or just provide them with the info so they know I have one?

thanks again!

Thanks to anyone who can answer my redundant questions :)

Welcome!

The Dining Plan is only available if you purchase a package.

Pins are special deals that are attached to your name and are only available for you to use. Non-transferrable.

Ditto what the pp said... and I wanted to add that just because a PIN or a general public discount comes out, it doesn't mean that Disney will suddenly sell out all of their rooms. Each discount only has a certain number of rooms associated with it. When I booked my trip last March, I had a pin... but didn't call asap when I got it. At first there wasn't much available that would sleep my fam of 6. Last minute, a family suite at ASMu opened up and I was able to grab it (maybe someone released a hold on a ressie, canceled a trip, etc).

You can call and get the code put on your ressie, provided there is a room available for the code. If you already have a room or package reserved (not with AAA), you can call and ask that the new promo be added to your ressie, and see if it will give you a better rate than what you already have booked. For example, I have a client that had a pin. She booked her trip, and later received a second one with a different offer. I called and changed the ressie to reflect the new pin code, saving her about $500.

I'm not sure if you book room only with AAA if you can make it a 'package' where you have the tickets & dining added to the deal. Sometimes Disney has room only discounts, and you can add those options, but you are adding them seperately vs. making your trip a 'package'.

If you book the package, for example, and use a discount code for your Disney VISA, I believe you may have to put the $200 deposit on the card, but I think I've seen others mention that they pay off the remainder of the balance in other ways. I don't know if the use of your VISA will effect the way you might receive offers pertaining to the card. You might call Disney & ask them if there are any specials offers right now for Disney Visa holders (or contact the card company... maybe they will know).

PIN codes can go out to anyone who is registered on a Disney website. You can also ge them if you hold a Disney Visa, and then many times there are general public codes. We got one in my email for free dining this fall/winter...We are going in November. It is possible that other PIN codes will be offered and available. I have not ever had a problem booking a vacation after a PIN code was released...I don't think it will be a problem, if you book something within a couple of days of a code being released. I hope this helps!

I have been reading this board for hours...well, an hour and a half...
So please forgive because I am sure both of my questions have been asked and answered many times already but I just could find what I was looking for :(

Firstly, If I book a Magic Your Way Plus Dining, can I use a room only discount (AAA) for just the room portion and still have the dining plan included? I thought a CM told me back in February that you cannot use a AAA discount with the room if the dining is included with the package:confused:
It is true that you can only get dining with a package. However, you can get dining with a AAA discount (if we're not talking about free dining).
You can book a room-only reservation with a AAA discount through Disney directly. However, to get the AAA discount on the room and add dining and tickets (everyone in the room must have at least a one-day ticket to book a package), you must go through a AAA travel agent. The CM in February was correct in that respect; the CM cannot book it for you. But AAA can.

Secondly, I am seeing all of this chatter about "pins" and I am not expecting one at all, but if there is a promo this fall/winter, and it becomes available to the public, will it be hard to book? I would of course call right away when I could, but it seems like once it is available to the public you might not get it if you don't act fast enough?
You have to be a bit flexible with dates/resorts/category of room to book a public code. There are only a certain number of rooms available with that discount, and you are correct - if you don't act fast enough you may not get it.

Finally, I have a Disney Visa/Chase card, so does that mean I would be able to get the deals before the general public, if that is what they decide to do? However, I don't really use my card, I have my tuition on it and am paying it off but I don't use it for new purchases, so would that make a difference in me being able to get any promos? Oh, yeah, one more thing, do I have to use the card to book the package or just provide them with the info so they know I have one?

thanks again!

Thanks to anyone who can answer my redundant questions :)
Yes, you would be able to get the deals before the general public. To use any Visa deals, you must use the card to book the package.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter