A few questions about Annual Passholder (AP) discounts

ethanwa

Disney Superfan
1. When do the discounts get released for Jan 2012?

2. If I make a reservation and pay for it all in full, and then get an AP, can I apply the discount to my reservation and get refunded what I overpaid?

3. Can I use a passholder discount in combination with the free dining (FD) special offer?

4. Do many families just buy one AP to get the discounted room rates instead of one for each person in the family?

1) For January 2008/2009/2010 they came out around Halloween but for this year they didn't come out til 11/22/10 but a General Public room only discount was out in August 2010.

2) Yes-not sure how long it would take to get the refund.

3) No-can't stack discounts.

4) I don't know how well that would work for you. You can book a room with just on adult passholder in the room. However, the AP discounts are not always that much better than the general public discounts so it is difficult to justify the purchase of an AP for room discounts. I purchase my AP based on park day usage and the other discounts are just great extra benefits.

1) For January 2008/2009/2010 they came out around Halloween but for this year they didn't come out til 11/22/10 but a General Public room only discount was out in August 2010.

2) Yes-not sure how long it would take to get the refund.

3) No-can't stack discounts.

4) I don't know how well that would work for you. You can book a room with just on adult passholder in the room. However, the AP discounts are not always that much better than the general public discounts so it is difficult to justify the purchase of an AP for room discounts. I purchase my AP based on park day usage and the other discounts are just great extra benefits.

Thanks. I think I'll pass on the AP then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter